Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820457 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ChristianGrey2: 3:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
Hello
Please what actually shows up when your passport is scanned by the Embassy.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 15, 2017
Good evening VO, I want to ask a few questions and it goes like this, how much do I need to hold after I have paid for my flight and hotel on a b1/b2 visa at the POE?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cosade(m): 11:43pm On Jan 15, 2017
Greetings!

A cousin who works for an international organization will be applying for G Visa for the purpose of attending a meeting at his organisation's headquarters in US. He wants to know whether or not, his existing B1/B2 Visa would be cancelled on issuance of the G Visa.

Kind regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 16, 2017
Hello AbujaNIV

I'm trying to find a next available date so I can know when to make my nonimmigrant visa application and plan my trip. For this I haven't started with my ds160.
When I try to find dates on https://cgifederal.secure.force.com website, it takes me all the way to visa payment option without showing me next available date.

How do I solve this problem?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 16, 2017
Hello AbujaNIV,

I've resolved the issue by simply switching to Firefox browser. I was using Google chrome.

Cheers!

Ije004:
Hello AbujaNIV

I'm trying to find a next available date so I can know when to make my nonimmigrant visa application and plan my trip. For this I haven't started with my ds160.
When I try to find dates on https://cgifederal.secure.force.com website, it takes me all the way to visa payment option without showing me next available date.

How do I solve this problem?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by omonla10(m): 8:51am On Jan 16, 2017
Hello VO..2 questions
1.. Can my brother apply for an event 4 months earlier cos he won't be around for 4 months before his scheduled visit to the US..

2..Is it possible for my surgeon friend in the US to invite, take care and sponsor the education of my 9 year old daughter and how do we go about it..

Thanks for the good work on this forum
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Vickings(m): 9:47am On Jan 16, 2017
Hello AbujaNIV,

I applied for a B1 Visa and scheduled an interview appointment for February 3rd.  ‎
The conference I'm attending in the US holds June 2017 and my International Passport expires October 2017. Will the expiry date, which is less than 6months after my proposed time of entry into the US, have an adverse effect on my chance of getting the Visa? Am I required  to get a new Passport before the interview? Thanks. ‎
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:44am On Jan 16, 2017
Hello Tumiliciou918. The name in the visa must match the name in your passport. If the name in your passport has changed, then the name in the visa will change.

Tumiliciou918:
Hello,
I have a B1/B2 visa that is valid til april this year and my passport is gonna expire feb 2017 would like to renew my passport and also change my surname due to marriage.
Can I stil renew my visa via dropbox with the change of name on the new passport and how soon should I do that.
All neccessary document's are avaliable
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:49am On Jan 16, 2017
Hi DebsMed. As long as the visa is valid, it will allow the holder to request admittance at the port of entry. It is always possible the Customs and Boarder Patrol agents will have further questions before granting admittance.

DebsMed:

Yes, understood even much better now, we heard wrongly initially and that was corrected along the line, and you have sealed that correction for us now. Thanks dear VO.

However, your response to the bolded will be appreciated, just to help us in decision making just in case he is all clear at work and decide to still use the ticket already purchased to make the trip. Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:50am On Jan 16, 2017
Hello 2011HajjWeber. You can wait four years. More detailed information is here:
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visarenew.asp

2011HajjWeber:
Dear VO,
Thanks for the great work and information you are giving to intending NIV Applicants.
My question is what is maximum time you can do a dropbox for B1/B2 Visa renewal. For my wife, my 3 children and my visa expired 13th January 2017. Can we wait
Up to a year before we apply for renewal using dropbox.
Thanks for your superlative support on NIV issues.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:53am On Jan 16, 2017
Good morning, Nettuno. This question is best directed to customer support. But in general, it's best to follow the instructions on the form you received.

Nettuno:
Please VO, it was the notice of approval of form I-129 for Non-immigrant visa that bears Lagos consulate. I will be in Abuja for sometime. Do I still need to go back to Lagos and schedule the interview there or can I schedule the interview here in Abuja? Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:56am On Jan 16, 2017
Hello jordanese. That is not true.

jordanese:
Dear Vo,

Is it true that USA does not issue visa to car dealers in Nigeria? Please educate us on this.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:57am On Jan 16, 2017
Hi ChristianGrey2. Information about the applicant appears.

ChristianGrey2:
Hello
Please what actually shows up when your passport is scanned by the Embassy.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:01am On Jan 16, 2017
Hello bigglenn12. I presume you are talking about money. Visitors to the US are expected to be able to fund their travel and stay, and they may be asked to demonstrate their ability to do so. There's no fixed dollar amount, but common sense is required. Budget what it will cost for room and board per day, multiply by how many days you'll be staying. Add in any travel and shopping expenses.

bigglenn12:
Good evening VO, I want to ask a few questions and it goes like this, how much do I need to hold after I have paid for my flight and hotel on a b1/b2 visa at the POE?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:02am On Jan 16, 2017
Hello cosade. It is possible and even common to hold more than one type of visa at any given time.

cosade:
Greetings!

A cousin who works for an international organization will be applying for G Visa for the purpose of attending a meeting at his organisation's headquarters in US. He wants to know whether or not, his existing B1/B2 Visa would be cancelled on issuance of the G Visa.

Kind regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:04am On Jan 16, 2017
Hello omonla10
1. Yes.
2. A minor child in this circumstance would need an F1 visa to attend school in the US.

omonla10:
Hello VO..2 questions
1.. Can my brother apply for an event 4 months earlier cos he won't be around for 4 months before his scheduled visit to the US..

2..Is it possible for my surgeon friend in the US to invite, take care and sponsor the education of my 9 year old daughter and how do we go about it..

Thanks for the good work on this forum
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:08am On Jan 16, 2017
Hi Vickings. You can get the visa put into your present passport, but you may need to get another passport before you travel. You can carry both.

Vickings:
Hello AbujaNIV,

I applied for a B1 Visa and scheduled an interview appointment for February 3rd.  ‎
The conference I'm attending in the US holds June 2017 and my International Passport expires October 2017. Will the expiry date, which is less than 6months after my proposed time of entry into the US, have an adverse effect on my chance of getting the Visa? Am I required  to get a new Passport before the interview? Thanks. ‎
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cosade(m): 11:17am On Jan 16, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello cosade. It is possible and even common to hold more than one type of visa at any given time.

Thanks!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Vickings(m): 12:10pm On Jan 16, 2017
abujaniv:
Hi Vickings. You can get the visa put into your present passport, but you may need to get another passport before you travel. You can carry both.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by hopefulme: 12:40pm On Jan 16, 2017
Good afternoon Dear VO, kindly assist in clarifying. In answering the question " Have you ever been in the U.S.?", does it mean date(s) in which you appear and admitted into the US by an Officer at a Point of Entry (i.e USA, Abu-Dhabi, Canada POE or any other POE).

Thank you and have a great day ahead.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by daway: 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2017
good afternoon abujaniv,

in the case visa application is approved, is it possible to change pickup location to lagos?

cheers
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by johnchukwu79: 2:14pm On Jan 16, 2017
Hello VO,

Please I need your advice.....
I and my wife are applying for visa to US next month and i wanted to ask few questions

1. We want to apply under B1/B2;
2. My wife is the one sponsoring the trip and she has all the necessary documents required( payslip, bank statement, employment letter, hotel booking, letter from her company stating her position and when she joined the company)
3. Please what documents do i need to provide (am self employed)

thank you

cc: abujaniv
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
Hello hopefulme. It's a simple question. Don't overthink it.

hopefulme:
Good afternoon Dear VO, kindly assist in clarifying. In answering the question " Have you ever been in the U.S.?", does it mean date(s) in which you appear and admitted into the US by an Officer at a Point of Entry (i.e USA, Abu-Dhabi, Canada POE or any other POE).

Thank you and have a great day ahead.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
Hello daway. That's between you and DHL.

daway:
good afternoon abujaniv,

in the case visa application is approved, is it possible to change pickup location to lagos?

cheers
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:35pm On Jan 16, 2017
Hello johnchukwu79. Read at least two pages of this thread. I am confident you will find your answers.

johnchukwu79:
Hello VO,

Please I need your advice.....
I and my wife are applying for visa to US next month and i wanted to ask few questions

1. We want to apply under B1/B2;
2. My wife is the one sponsoring the trip and she has all the necessary documents required( payslip, bank statement, employment letter, hotel booking, letter from her company stating her position and when she joined the company)
3. Please what documents do i need to provide (am self employed)

thank you

cc: abujaniv
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by hopefulme: 3:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello hopefulme. It's a simple question. Don't overthink it.

Noted. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by daway: 4:27pm On Jan 16, 2017
thank you @abujaniv
abujaniv:
Hello daway. That's between you and DHL.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ItzTiffany: 5:10pm On Jan 16, 2017
hello Abuja niv
Thanks for your work. Please what do you think it's the best answer to the question " have you ever had your passport missing "
I once misplaced my passport and then I went for a new one. After a couple of weeks I later found the missing one.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
Many applicants are still failing to upload their visa photos as part of the application process, creating delays and bottlenecks in Consulate processing on the day of interview. Effective immediately, visa applicants who do not upload their photos when submitting their visa application will be turned away and advised to complete their application by uploading a proper photo.

This will usually require the rescheduling of their appointment. The process for uploading photos is easy and is thoroughly explained in our on-line application. Avoid disappointment and delay—upload your photo as part of your visa application!

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by julius99(m): 3:05pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hello VO,
A friend of mine have some issues: Her visa was Cancelled at the port of Entry. She lied about the purpose of her travel and that her husband is in Nigeria while he was in USA.

Can she apply again?

What's your advice?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:07pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hi ItzTiffany. The purpose of the question is to find out if it's possible somebody else has possession of your passport and assumed your identity.

ItzTiffany:
hello Abuja niv
Thanks for your work. Please what do you think it's the best answer to the question " have you ever had your passport missing "
I once misplaced my passport and then I went for a new one. After a couple of weeks I later found the missing one.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:12pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hello julius99. Those are some issues. As we always say, you are more than welcome to apply again. That said, credibility is the critical factor in an aspiring applicant, and once lost it is difficult to recover.

julius99:
Hello VO,
A friend of mine have some issues: Her visa was Cancelled at the port of Entry. She lied about the purpose of her travel and that her husband is in Nigeria while he was in USA.

Can she apply again?

What's your advice?

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.