Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,500 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820028 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:15pm On May 06, 2017
Hello Olas38. Overstaying is not the only reason one can be refused a visa. Section 214b of our immigration law covers a very wide spectrum of ineligibilities, but basically boils down to doubts that the applicant will use the visa correctly, be it through overstay, unauthorized work, criminal activity, or something else. The consular officers are not obligated to go into detail about the refusal outside of what's described in the 214b letter. If the applicant has a specific ineligibility or ban under a different section of the law, that will be communicated to the applicant.

[quote author=Olas38 post=56266168][/quote]
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 06, 2017
Dear Abuja NIV.

I made visa payment June last year but i did not apply for the visa. Can i apply for a visa now based on same payment or do i need to make another payment.
Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by azelab: 7:53am On May 07, 2017
Dear sir/ma, please my question is that: What is the difference(s) between processing of visa from US directly and processing of visa in Nigeria? Also, what is the duration a US visa processing might take before it comes out?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:52am On May 07, 2017
Hello Durostay. The MRV fee receipt is valid for one year.

Durostay:
Dear Abuja NIV.

I made visa payment June last year but i did not apply for the visa. Can i apply for a visa now based on same payment or do i need to make another payment.
Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:00am On May 07, 2017
Hello azelab. I'm not sure what you mean in terms of processing the visa in the US. If you're speaking of a work visa (H1B), then the approved petition would be processed in the US then sent to you, which you'd bring to the Embassy/Consulate during your interview. For tourist visas (B1/B2), all of the processing is done at the Embassy/Consulate, and it takes 2-3 business days to turn around.

azelab:
Dear sir/ma, please my question is that: What is the difference(s) between processing of visa from US directly and processing of visa in Nigeria? Also, what is the duration a US visa processing might take before it comes out?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by azelab: 1:30pm On May 07, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello azelab. I'm not sure what you mean in terms of processing the visa in the US. If you're speaking of a work visa (H1B), then the approved petition would be processed in the US then sent to you, which you'd bring to the Embassy/Consulate during your interview. For tourist visas (B1/B2), all of the processing is done at the Embassy/Consulate, and it takes 2-3 business days to turn around.

big thanks to you sir my brother, i meant a work visa (H1B) and you have answered my question. Am very grateful. is the duration of H1B visa processing time also 2-3 business days?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by man105(m): 6:49pm On May 07, 2017
good work u do here ,vo.....I have a question ,someone who booked an appointment last year may and didn't show up for interview due to some circumstances that came up,does it have any role to play if same individual happens to apply this year for another category ,my point is will the vo ask about the previously non appearance thanks for your time.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Chapecoense(m): 8:41pm On May 07, 2017

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by LagosismyHome(f): 9:19pm On May 07, 2017
Hello LagosNiv and Abujaniv

Please kindly advice on the procedure for formal complain against the excessive exchange rate used by the US embassy for visa applicants

It is currently been exchanged at 400 naira to 1 usd. Meaning visa fee of $160 is now 64 ,000 naira.... neither the black market or the offical rate is as high as 400 naira to 1 usd .

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:26pm On May 07, 2017
Hello man105. It may be brought up in the interview.

man105:
good work u do here ,vo.....I have a question ,someone who booked an appointment last year may and didn't show up for interview due to some circumstances that came up,does it have any role to play if same individual happens to apply this year for another category ,my point is will the vo ask about the previously non appearance thanks for your time.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:33pm On May 07, 2017
Hello Chapecoense. The visa fee has stayed constant at $160 for some time now. What's changed is the dollar-naira exchange rate. The Embassy/Consulate adjusts the rate it uses periodically based on market conditions. So at times, the rate will be above or below the prevailing market rate. In my experience, the exchange rate used by the Embassy/Consulate has been very close to the Central Bank rate, which is substantially lower (that is to say, cheaper) than the market rate.

Chapecoense:
abujaniv
Good evening sir/ma.
Please I want to draw your attention to the new amount payable for f1 visa and B1 visa. I recently went to your website and I noticed the amount in naira has jumped from N54,400 to N64,000. Also the website said its using the exchange rate of N400 to $1. I would like to point at that the rate on your site is not the true value of the naira. The current exchange rate is even N391 to a dollar. Sir, I would like you to look into this area, and atleast tell us why the sudden increase in the amount payable in naira.
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:46pm On May 07, 2017
Hello LagosismyHome. You can complain here if you like. It will not change the reality of the situation. As explained above, sometimes the the Embassy/Consulate rate may be higher than the market rate but usually it is lower. The Embassy/Consulate followed the Central Bank guideline of 198 naira to the dollar for many months even when the market rates were about double that. We didn't hear many complaints about our rates then.

LagosismyHome:
Hello LagosNiv and Abujaniv

Please kindly advice on the procedure for formal complain against the excessive exchange rate used by the US embassy for visa applicants

It is currently been exchanged at 400 naira to 1 usd. Meaning visa fee of $160 is now 64 ,000 naira.... neither the black market or the offical rate is as high as 400 naira to 1 usd .
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Chapecoense(m): 10:48pm On May 07, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Chapecoense. The visa fee has stayed constant at $160 for some time now. What's changed is the dollar-naira exchange rate. The Embassy/Consulate adjusts the rate it uses periodically based on market conditions. So at times, the rate will be above or below the prevailing market rate. In my experience, the exchange rate used by the Embassy/Consulate has been very close to the Central Bank rate, which is substantially lower (that is to say, cheaper) than the market rate.

Thank you for your response. But This current rate you are using is too high, especially when the naira has experienced some gains against the dollar. Its very surprising to see a new rate that is easily an all time high for visa fee..
I also saw on your webiste that the exchange rate for visa fee (N400/$1) will expire on the 12th of may 2017. Please, does this mean there is a chance that the rate could go down or back to what it used to be?
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:55pm On May 07, 2017

Chapecoense:

Thank you for your response. But This current rate you are using is too high, especially when the naira has experienced some gains against the dollar. Its very surprising to see a new rate that is easily an all time high for visa fee..
I also saw on your webiste that the exchange rate for visa fee (N400/$1) will expire on the 12th of may 2017. Please, does this mean there is a chance that the rate could go down or back to what it used to be?
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by LagosismyHome(f): 11:06pm On May 07, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello LagosismyHome. You can complain here if you like. It will not change the reality of the situation. As explained above, sometimes the the Embassy/Consulate rate may be higher than the market rate but usually it is lower. The Embassy/Consulate followed the Central Bank guideline of 198 naira to the dollar for many months even when the market rates were about double that. We didn't hear many complaints about our rates then.

Hello Abujaniv

Thanks for the quick response

Why would anyone complain about using the Central Bank Guidelines of 198. You make it sound as if a favour was done ....That the standard process not just in Nigeria but everywhere to use the official rate. Black market is not the offical rate for business transaction.

The rate used as off today is higher than black market rate which is clearly wrong ..... Sadly its the Nigerian government to blame because ideally this should not be allowed to happen.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by qpat: 9:12am On May 08, 2017
Hello ABujaNIV, Kindly advice I have uploaded my photo and completed filling the DS-120 form online.After sign and submitted, the only printout I have says DO NOT BRING TO Interview,so apart from the Appointment confirmation letter and payment receipt, International passport and personal supporting documents, is there any other thing require of me from the embassy like the DS-120 form or passport photograph.PLs is the average processing time for B1/B2 visa in Lagos after receiving the white form same 2-3business days as in Abuja?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Dhoneys: 10:47am On May 08, 2017
Good morning Sir/Ma,

please i need direction on B1/B2 and i want schedule appointment for me, my wife and child hw will i do that and i also make visa fee for the 3people.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:06pm On May 08, 2017
Hello gpat. No additional documents are required. Processing takes about the same amount of time in both Lagos and Abuja.

qpat:
Hello ABujaNIV, Kindly advice I have uploaded my photo and completed filling the DS-120 form online.After sign and submitted, the only printout I have says DO NOT BRING TO Interview,so apart from the Appointment confirmation letter and payment receipt, International passport and personal supporting documents, is there any other thing require of me from the embassy like the DS-120 form or passport photograph.PLs is the average processing time for B1/B2 visa in Lagos after receiving the white form same 2-3business days as in Abuja?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:07pm On May 08, 2017
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/

Dhoneys:
Good morning Sir/Ma,

please i need direction on B1/B2 and i want schedule appointment for me, my wife and child hw will i do that and i also make visa fee for the 3people.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ibrocoast: 12:50pm On May 08, 2017
Hello visa officer. I was stucked while booking ma appointmet. I enta ma profile but i canot highlight where i will input my reference number and schedule ma appointmet. Pls help!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ibrocoast: 1:11pm On May 08, 2017
Can i change email to ma appointment portal?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:25pm On May 08, 2017
Contact customer support at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

ibrocoast:
Can i change email to ma appointment portal?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Astonestone: 4:39pm On May 08, 2017
Hello Abujaniv

I tried renewing my visa through Dropbox and was asked to come in for interview. In the mail it said this is a visa refusal under 221(g).

I want to know is this exactly a refusal for only US visa purposes or for all other countries/ embassies as I intend to apply for another country's visa.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tydarl: 5:22pm On May 08, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Durostay. The MRV fee receipt is valid for one year.

Hello. Pls I applied for a visit visa to the USA. I got the confirmation page and printed it out. What's the next step? Do I also pay the $160 visa fees? Do I apply for an interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:15pm On May 08, 2017
Hello Tydarl. Step-by-step instructions are here.
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp#overview

Tydarl:

Hello. Pls I applied for a visit visa to the USA. I got the confirmation page and printed it out. What's the next step? Do I also pay the $160 visa fees? Do I apply for an interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:28pm On May 08, 2017
Hello Astonestone. The 221g status is considered a refusal pending some further action, such as an interview, administrative processing, or biometrics. When that action is completed, the case is reopened and either approved or refused conclusively. The United States does not have the authority to refuse visas for other countries.

Astonestone:
Hello Abujaniv

I tried renewing my visa through Dropbox and was asked to come in for interview. In the mail it said this is a visa refusal under 221(g).

I want to know is this exactly a refusal for only US visa purposes or for all other countries/ embassies as I intend to apply for another country's visa.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by scorpio1(m): 9:18pm On May 08, 2017
A big shoutout to all the VO's....you guys are doing a great job.
I have a valid B1/B2 renewed via Dropbox and i have an event to attend in July and decided now to attend with my wife, my question is this; can she go for the interview with a photocopy of my visa page as an added advantage?
secondly, can she select "Other" as occupation as she just graduated and currently awaiting youth service this august?
as for home ties, we got 2 kids in school and i have serious things to take care of in Nigeria(No place like home).
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:13pm On May 08, 2017
Hello scorpio1. She may bring a copy of your passport or the real article. Just answer the application questions truthfully.

scorpio1:
A big shoutout to all the VO's....you guys are doing a great job.
I have a valid B1/B2 renewed via Dropbox and i have an event to attend in July and decided now to attend with my wife, my question is this; can she go for the interview with a photocopy of my visa page as an added advantage?
secondly, can she select "Other" as occupation as she just graduated and currently awaiting youth service this august?
as for home ties, we got 2 kids in school and i have serious things to take care of in Nigeria(No place like home).

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ogheneovo123: 4:56am On May 10, 2017
I have dual citizenship British and Nigerian and my two sons age 10 and 12 are nigerian. I want to take them on holiday to US. How do I go about the visa application process.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.