Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818177 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:56am On May 16, 2017
sure.
wolemine:
Dear VO,
Please can an applicant who have a contact in the US still book a hotel reservation for his stay in the US?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Timirot5(m): 12:42pm On May 16, 2017
Dear VO

Please, i need you to put me through on this; I applied for a study visa last year October with my i-20 and all other required documents,i was denied. And was given a blue form that told me why i was denied. I went home and to my best of knowledge did justice to those reasons i might have been denied visa and re-applied in December same last year and was denied again. I got so confused and was depressed ,for i was to resume January this year 2017. So, i had to write the school to defer my admission for August,2017. Now, preparing for another interview, please, talk to me,advice me,guess why i was denied,tell me how to go about it this time please. Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:33pm On May 16, 2017
Hello Timirot5. When you write "resume," this implies that you had studied at the school, paused, then wished to restart. If an applicant is given a student visa, it's rare for them to be refused in renewal unless they do something to fall out of status with the school, such as through failing classes or unpaid tuition. If instead you have never attended this school before, then the onus is on you to prove your qualifications, namely that you are a bonafide student with the means to pay for your tuition and the intention to return home at the end of your studies.

Timirot5:
Dear VO

Please, i need you to put me through on this; I applied for a study visa last year October with my i-20 and all other required documents,i was denied. And was given a blue form that told me why i was denied. I went home and to my best of knowledge did justice to those reasons i might have been denied visa and re-applied in December same last year and was denied again. I got so confused and was depressed ,for i was to resume January this year 2017. So, i had to write the school to defer my admission for August,2017. Now, preparing for another interview, please, talk to me,advice me,guess why i was denied,tell me how to go about it this time please. Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by chi1145: 2:14pm On May 16, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello chi1145. We addressed your concern a few months ago on this forum. Firstly, we should dispel any notion about the "change of intent" letter. Contrary to what you may have read on other threads or elsewhere on the Internet, these letters are not required, read or associated with an applicant's file. For visa and port of entry purposes, the only representations that matter are what you present at the Embassy/Consulate interview, in your application, and at the border. With regard to medical care --which includes pregnancy-- applicants are expected to pay the expenses in full. When doubts arise over an applicant's credibility and/or their ability to pay for medical care in the US, it can be difficult for the applicant to qualify for a visa. We do not discuss chances on this forum, only qualifications.

thank you for your response but do I still need to write to the embassy to present my case? as there is usually no time to do so while having a one on one interview with a VO because I would like to clear all doubts as well.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sdon214: 5:38pm On May 16, 2017
Hello Abujaniv

My wife went for H4 interview and after the interview, she was handed yellow form 221g and on the form they marked the option that says no additional documentation is needed but your application requires further administrative processing and gave her passport back. We don't understand what this means. We checked the status of the application and it shows Administrative processing. What are we to do next and how long does this takes?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ugoh11: 7:47pm On May 16, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Ugoh11. This is something you'll want to work with the school to get fixed, but it shouldn't have a material impact on the visa interview. It bears repeating: biographical details such as name and date of birth are critically important. Surnames, middle names, and first names should not shift places from passport to passport as though they are playing musical chairs. Titles and honorifics like Dr., Prince, Alhaji, Hon., etc. will not be printed in passports or visas. Dates of birth happen once and only once in one's life. Variations in these details mean the applicant is either careless or a fraudster.

Thanks VO
I got my visa today!!

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:53pm On May 16, 2017
Hello sdon214. There's nothing for you to do at this time. Unfortunately, we can't give any time span for how long the processing may take. If you don't hear back within a month or so, feel free to write in the the e-mail address on the yellow sheet of paper.

sdon214:
Hello Abujaniv

My wife went for H4 interview and after the interview, she was handed yellow form 221g and on the form they marked the option that says no additional documentation is needed but your application requires further administrative processing and gave her passport back. We don't understand what this means. We checked the status of the application and it shows Administrative processing. What are we to do next and how long does this takes?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by segbas(m): 7:10am On May 17, 2017
Good morning V. O.,

I applied with my wife and Daughter in May 2015 at Doha, Qatar when my wife wanted to go and give birth, but we were refused based on we have not traveled as a family before and visited our country since we are in Doha.

Now I want to visit US again, now we had twins added to the family, we would like to apply in Nigeria because that is where most of our ties are now(Money) and properties.

Do, we (I and wife) need to bring along our employment letter since we are working in Qatar, and bank statement ( we hardly keep money in there now) because we always send money home now.

Also, I invest a lot in Cryptocurrencies (digital currency), do I required its statement also.

Please advise.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:20pm On May 17, 2017
Hello segbas. We rarely look at any documents.

segbas:
Good morning V. O.,

I applied with my wife and Daughter in May 2015 at Doha, Qatar when my wife wanted to go and give birth, but we were refused based on we have not traveled as a family before and visited our country since we are in Doha.

Now I want to visit US again, now we had twins added to the family, we would like to apply in Nigeria because that is where most of our ties are now(Money) and properties.

Do, we (I and wife) need to bring along our employment letter since we are working in Qatar, and bank statement ( we hardly keep money in there now) because we always send money home now.

Also, I invest a lot in Cryptocurrencies (digital currency), do I required its statement also.

Please advise.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by SilaV: 1:45pm On May 17, 2017
@abujaniv,

Please, I need a clarification as to whether there is a laid down rule as to the order of arrangement of documents( e.g. appointment confirmation first, followed by DS-160 confirmation,... etc). Again, should these documents be stapled together as or not. the reason I am making this inquiry is to avoid any form of "orientation" from the hustlers at the consulate.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:49pm On May 17, 2017
Hello SilaV. You are right to be skeptical of anything said by agents or touts. We've said it hundreds of times, so how about once more: visa officers hardly ever look at documents. They are not required, nor will they be examined.

SilaV:
@abujaniv,

Please, I need a clarification as to whether there is a laid down rule as to the order of arrangement of documents( e.g. appointment confirmation first, followed by DS-160 confirmation,... etc). Again, should these documents be stapled together as or not. the reason I am making this inquiry is to avoid any form of "orientation" from the hustlers at the consulate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sdon214: 4:21pm On May 17, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello sdon214. There's nothing for you to do at this time. Unfortunately, we can't give any time span for how long the processing may take. If you don't hear back within a month or so, feel free to write in the the e-mail address on the yellow sheet of paper.

Hi Abujaniv,

Got this response today from the emabssy.

It states from the Portal: Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B. Please what does this means?

And later wrote that the case has been escalated that we should check back.

Thanks,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:50pm On May 17, 2017
Breathe. Exercise patience.

sdon214:

Hi Abujaniv,

Got this response today from the emabssy.

It states from the Portal: Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B. Please what does this means?

And later wrote that the case has been escalated that we should check back.

Thanks,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sdon214: 4:55pm On May 17, 2017
abujaniv:
Breathe. Exercise patience.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by afelouz(m): 5:55pm On May 17, 2017
Hi VO, I have been a silent reader on this platform and I must confess that have learn alot.
I'm getting married by August this year and my wife to be has suggested we visit Florida for our honeymoon.

I'm an entrepreneur who deals with importations and sales of cars, I have my own registered company (ltd) with a good bank statement and loads of importation documents.

I have only visited South Africa last year October where I spent two weeks and my fiancee has no travel history

Shes is not working presently, she is still running her masters program in UI

I will be sponsoring our honey moon where we plan to spend 6days and return back home. I plan on buying a honeymoon package online.

what can you advice? should we go ahead or convince my fiancee that we should try later since we have not traveled together before as a couple. thanks alot.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by OmoAje1: 7:06pm On May 17, 2017
Hello,

I was issued US tourist visa in 2013 which I went to US in 2014 and I renewed my tourist visa in 2015 through drop box which will be expired in 2017 February. My question is that if eventually I didn't use the visa before it expire, do I still stand a chance to qualify for a drop box or not.
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Talliusceciro12: 8:48pm On May 17, 2017
Hello,
Please I hope Consular officers understand that not all schools require a standardized tests like Gre, Sat. My cousin has been admitted to George Washington University and the school didn't require any test from him. But yet still people are advising him to take a test just for embassy sake. I have clearly informed him that its not required at the embassy but he says from the transcripts he has read here on nairaland almost all applicants who answered no to the question Have you taken any tests were denied.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:43pm On May 17, 2017
Hello Talliusceciro12. With our questions, visa officers try to determine if the applicant is a bonafide student. The majority of legitimate schools do require some sort of standardized test, and the majority of serious students consider a spectrum of schools before they choose a particular one. So with a variety of questions depending on the circumstances before us, we determine if the applicant has a genuine, realistic educational plan and the means to finance it.

Talliusceciro12:
Hello,
Please I hope Consular officers understand that not all schools require a standardized tests like Gre, Sat. My cousin has been admitted to George Washington University and the school didn't require any test from him. But yet still people are advising him to take a test just for embassy sake. I have clearly informed him that its not required at the embassy but he says from the transcripts he has read here on nairaland almost all applicants who answered no to the question Have you taken any tests were denied.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:48pm On May 17, 2017
Hello OmoAje1. This is a triple negative sentence, but to not use a visa is not misuse of the visa. The time element qualification for interview waiver renewals (dropbox) is that the prior visa is still valid or has expired in less than 12 months.

OmoAje1:
Hello,

I was issued US tourist visa in 2013 which I went to US in 2014 and I renewed my tourist visa in 2015 through drop box which will be expired in 2017 February. My question is that if eventually I didn't use the visa before it expire, do I still stand a chance to qualify for a drop box or not.
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:51pm On May 17, 2017
Hello afelouz. You'll have to make your own decision on whether to apply. We can't coach you either way.

afelouz:
Hi VO, I have been a silent reader on this platform and I must confess that have learn alot.
I'm getting married by August this year and my wife to be has suggested we visit Florida for our honeymoon.

I'm an entrepreneur who deals with importations and sales of cars, I have my own registered company (ltd) with a good bank statement and loads of importation documents.

I have only visited South Africa last year October where I spent two weeks and my fiancee has no travel history

Shes is not working presently, she is still running her masters program in UI

I will be sponsoring our honey moon where we plan to spend 6days and return back home. I plan on buying a honeymoon package online.

what can you advice? should we go ahead or convince my fiancee that we should try later since we have not traveled together before as a couple. thanks alot.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by skinnybleed(m): 9:10am On May 18, 2017
Hello guys, I've never travelled to any A, B list African or European country before (if you know what I mean grin). Now I have 3 family members planning to help me get to the US, now my questions are...

1) I hope not to have being to any A, B list country won't affect me?
2) what kind of visa will u advise me to apply for
3) what other thing can I do to increase my chances of getting my visa approved.
4) I have options of either New York, Philadelphia or Maryland, which of these family members would you advise I say with.

Thanks guys in anticipation
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nwajay(m): 11:56am On May 18, 2017
Dear VO,

My wife and i would like to have our baby in the USA. I would be travelling with her. Do i apply for a B1/B2 while she applys for a B2 Visa(Medical treatment). Or do we both apply for B2 visa.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DoTheNeedful: 3:45pm On May 18, 2017
Hello abujaniv,

I just realized that I made a mistake while filling my DS-160 form. I mistakenly entered my current place of residence as my place of birth. I have my place of birth correctly entered on my passport but as it is now, what I have on my DS-160 form is different in that regard.
I have already booked a date for my visa interview with this same DS-160 form. I will like to know your opinion about this. Will it affect my visa application negatively? What can I do? My place of birth is Ogun but I mistakenly entered Lagos.
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kobobay(m): 9:13pm On May 18, 2017
Hello Consular Officer,

I just returned from the US for the Spring Missions conferences in the East Coast of the United States. And also I am going back for the Fall Missions conferences in other part of the US, and this time, I would love to go with my family, my wife and my daughter:

My questions:

Am I permitted to attend the interview with my family?
Am I allowed to answer the questions during the interview since I am the going for the Missions conferences, and she is just accompanying me to the churches that I will be visiting?
Do I need to bring my passport along?

Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by austinelex: 2:23am On May 19, 2017
hellooo consullar officer pls i am a novice n learner in dis visa stuff issue help i am into a trading bussiness i applied for a 4days visiting visa to d US thou i don't know anybody but i have made hotel reservation.my question is pls what documents am i taking along with me to d embasy,am i suppose to do a travel n medical insurance document n pls my type of trading bussiness does'nt permit me to pay a tax fee only d normal monthly dues now if d vo ask about my tax clearance how do i explain to d vo dat i don't pay tax pls i nid full details of d document ur sincere advice wud help a strugling broda
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:09am On May 19, 2017
Hello nwajay. We don't make any distinction for applicants who choose the B1 over the B2, or vice versa. In almost every case, we consider applicants are applying for both, the B1/B2 combined visa.

nwajay:
Dear VO,

My wife and i would like to have our baby in the USA. I would be travelling with her. Do i apply for a B1/B2 while she applys for a B2 Visa(Medical treatment). Or do we both apply for B2 visa.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:11am On May 19, 2017
Good morning DoTheNeedful. Explain the mix-up at the interview, and we should be able to correct it for you.

DoTheNeedful:
Hello abujaniv,

I just realized that I made a mistake while filling my DS-160 form. I mistakenly entered my current place of residence as my place of birth. I have my place of birth correctly entered on my passport but as it is now, what I have on my DS-160 form is different in that regard.
I have already booked a date for my visa interview with this same DS-160 form. I will like to know your opinion about this. Will it affect my visa application negatively? What can I do? My place of birth is Ogun but I mistakenly entered Lagos.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:13am On May 19, 2017
Hello kobobay. You may attend the interview with your family. It is likely the visa officer will want to direct questions to your spouse, so you'd be advised not to interject answers when it's her time to talk. You should get used to bringing your government-issued, picture ID when you enter any US government building.

kobobay:
Hello Consular Officer,

I just returned from the US for the Spring Missions conferences in the East Coast of the United States. And also I am going back for the Fall Missions conferences in other part of the US, and this time, I would love to go with my family, my wife and my daughter:

My questions:

Am I permitted to attend the interview with my family?
Am I allowed to answer the questions during the interview since I am the going for the Missions conferences, and she is just accompanying me to the churches that I will be visiting?
Do I need to bring my passport along?

Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:20am On May 19, 2017
Hello austinelex. No documents are required. Just fill out the application truthfully and be straightforward in the interview.

austinelex:
hellooo consullar officer pls i am a novice n learner in dis visa stuff issue help i am into a trading bussiness i applied for a 4days visiting visa to d US thou i don't know anybody but i have made hotel reservation.my question is pls what documents am i taking along with me to d embasy,am i suppose to do a travel n medical insurance document n pls my type of trading bussiness does'nt permit me to pay a tax fee only d normal monthly dues now if d vo ask about my tax clearance how do i explain to d vo dat i don't pay tax pls i nid full details of d document ur sincere advice wud help a strugling broda

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.