Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819541 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:23am On May 10, 2017
Hello Ogheneovo123. As a UK passport holder, you may be eligible for the visa waiver program. For more information, please see:
https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/

Your children will need visas. For more information on that, see:
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/

@Lagosismyhome. Thank you for your response, but for this particular thread, please leave answers to the visa officers.

Ogheneovo123:
I have dual citizenship British and Nigerian and my two sons age 10 and 12 are nigerian. I want to take them on holiday to US. How do I go about the visa application process.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tydarl: 10:53am On May 10, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Tydarl. Step-by-step instructions are here.
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp#overview

Thank you. Pls, I already paid for the Visa at GTB but I wrote B2 as visa category and I saw business/tourst visa on the print out I was given at the bank. I am going to visit my parents. Hope this will not affect me. I just felt B2 is the general category for all visit visas, I was suprised to see business/tourist on the slip. I paid #64,000. Should I have written B1/B2 instead, or are they all the same?

Am I in trouble pls?
Or should I go ahead and schedule my appointment?

Cc LadyGuinevere
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:00pm On May 10, 2017
Hello Tydarl. We very rarely split up the B1/B2 categories anymore. Your application will very likely be entered as the standard B1/B2 visa, which covers most tourism and business purposes.

Tydarl:

Thank you. Pls, I already paid for the Visa at GTB but I wrote B2 as visa category and I saw business/tourst visa on the print out I was given at the bank. I am going to visit my parents. Hope this will not affect me. I just felt B2 is the general category for all visit visas, I was suprised to see business/tourist on the slip. I paid #64,000. Should I have written B1/B2 instead, or are they all the same?

Am I in trouble pls?
Or should I go ahead and schedule my appointment?

Cc LadyGuinevere
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tydarl: 2:32pm On May 10, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Tydarl. We very rarely split up the B1/B2 categories anymore. Your application will very likely be entered as the standard B1/B2 visa, which covers most tourism and business purposes.

Thank you smiley It is a delight having you here. I will come up with more enquiries as I proceed.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by TenPassfour(m): 3:15pm On May 10, 2017
Hello VO,
I really want to know if is ideal to applied alone after 3attempt in the past with my wife.
She is pregnant now, and I don't want her to make any stress because this is our first baby.
Your kind guide will be helpful.
Thank you and best regards,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:04pm On May 10, 2017
Hello TenPassfour. You may apply again whenever you like. However, if nothing material has changed since the previous interview, the result is likely to be the same.

TenPassfour:
Hello VO,
I really want to know if is ideal to applied alone after 3attempt in the past with my wife.
She is pregnant now, and I don't want her to make any stress because this is our first baby.
Your kind guide will be helpful.
Thank you and best regards,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sirelawrence: 10:09am On May 11, 2017
Hello VO
I jsut got a full scholarship for my PhD in US. My I-20 form will get to me by friday. Please how can i pay for the SEVIS fee? Is it better for someone to pay it for me over there.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:05am On May 11, 2017
Hello sirelawrence. That's a matter for you and the school to work out. But keep in mind, the visa can not be processed until the SEVIS fee is paid.

sirelawrence:
Hello VO
I jsut got a full scholarship for my PhD in US. My I-20 form will get to me by friday. Please how can i pay for the SEVIS fee? Is it better for someone to pay it for me over there.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by qpat: 12:44pm On May 11, 2017
Hi AbujaNIV, Thanks for your last response, I had my interview yesterday and visa was granted.My question now is concerning the POE, since my b1/b2 visa has been issued, reason is to attend a trade show taking place by this month and also spend 5days with my brother and his family.Kindly advice,if am not able to travel this month for the show due to some classified reason and I can attend another similar show coming up in July and also visit my brother, would this be an issue at the POE considering the fact that I could not attend the one in May and I am coming for another trade show in July.Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 11, 2017
Good day. I applied for a B1/B2 visa at Lagos last month along with my mum as I intended going for my baby's delivery, I was denied d visa while my mum was given. My mum wouldn't be able to use hers as she was going to help me with the baby since my husband couldn't get time off work and supervising some projects. I work with a bank and I came with all necessary documentation from my husband's company, mine, doctors correspondence etc. D vo didn't ask for any of these and even after denying me, I asked if i could know why, and she said she cnt explain... I also tried to explain that my mum couldn't use hers without me but still..... I dnt know what could 've gone wrong....pls advise. I have however applied again
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by deyeancah(m): 3:22pm On May 11, 2017
Good day AbujaNiv was at the Lagos consulate for the B1/B2 visa interview but was unable to be interviewed - Reason; Ds - 160 form unable to upload. This is because when submitting the ds-160form i picked Abuja but cos of interview available dates had to schedule interview for Lagos. Now i heard d man saying we should have filled another ds-160form choosing Lagos, but asked us to wait but unfortunately d form didn't upload and was asked to come back by 7am tomorrow. Now d question is do we need to fill another ds-160form choosing Lagos before going tomorrow morning?? Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:23pm On May 11, 2017
Hello gpat. The visa is valid for the purposes you describe. Any time the actual travel deviates from the stated travel plan (in the interview and application), it can draw more scrutiny. If asked about this deviation, be prepared to answer honestly and credibly.

qpat:
Hi AbujaNIV, Thanks for your last response, I had my interview yesterday and visa was granted.My question now is concerning the POE, since my b1/b2 visa has been issued, reason is to attend a trade show taking place by this month and also spend 5days with my brother and his family.Kindly advice,if am not able to travel this month for the show due to some classified reason and I can attend another similar show coming up in July and also visit my brother, would this be an issue at the POE considering the fact that I could not attend the one in May and I am coming for another trade show in July.Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:24pm On May 11, 2017
Hello deyeancah. Follow the instructions you were given in Lagos.

deyeancah:
Good day AbujaNiv was at the Lagos consulate for the B1/B2 visa interview but was unable to be interviewed - Reason; Ds - 160 form unable to upload. This is because when submitting the ds-160form i picked Abuja but cos of interview available dates had to schedule interview for Lagos. Now i heard d man saying we should have filled another ds-160form choosing Lagos, but asked us to wait but unfortunately d form didn't upload and was asked to come back by 7am tomorrow. Now d question is do we need to fill another ds-160form choosing Lagos before going tomorrow morning?? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by deyeancah(m): 3:46pm On May 11, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello deyeancah. Follow the instructions you were given in Lagos.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ibrocoast: 5:26pm On May 11, 2017
Hello visa officer.
Pls. The name on my appointment letter does not correspond with the name on my ds 160 form. The mistake was on ma appointment letter NOT on ds160.... The name on my passport and ds160 was written as ibrahim and it was appeared on appointment letter as ibarahim. Pls what is the way out? Hope i wont be turn back on my interview day
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Dhoneys: 6:05pm On May 11, 2017
pls VO,

what do they mean by receipt number?

1. it is d deposit slip i use in GTB and the printed copy that have transaction ref?

thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:35pm On May 11, 2017
Hello ibrocoast. I don't know what you mean by "appointment letter?" What matters is what's on the passport and application.

ibrocoast:
Hello visa officer.
Pls. The name on my appointment letter does not correspond with the name on my ds 160 form. The mistake was on ma appointment letter NOT on ds160.... The name on my passport and ds160 was written as ibrahim and it was appeared on appointment letter as ibarahim. Pls what is the way out? Hope i wont be turn back on my interview day
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by wolemine: 8:26pm On May 11, 2017
Good day VO, i applied for b1/b2 visa last year which was approved but was later placed on AP and after days i was called for another interview based on 221g and after the second interview i was still placed on AP, after another 2 weeks i got a mail that the visa was refused under 214b. I want to apply again
1) Do i need to fill another DS-160 form since i want to make some changes to some information in the previous form that i filled or can i modify the the previous one.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:35pm On May 11, 2017
Hello wolemine. You may be able to migrate over biographical details from your existing profile into your fresh application. Contact customer service for more details.

wolemine:
Good day VO, i applied for b1/b2 visa last year which was approved but was later placed on AP and after days i was called for another interview based on 221g and after the second interview i was still placed on AP, after another 2 weeks i got a mail that the visa was refused under 214b. I want to apply again
1) Do i need to fill another DS-160 form since i want to make some changes to some information in the previous form that i filled or can i modify the the previous one.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ibrocoast: 8:44pm On May 11, 2017
Thanks for the response..what i'm trying to say is that the name on the appointment i booked does not correspond with name on my ds160 form. Instead of ibrahim, it was mistakenly written as ibarahim......
abujaniv:
Hello ibrocoast. I don't know what you mean by "appointment letter?" What matters is what's on the passport and application.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by wolemine: 8:51pm On May 11, 2017
wolemine:

What could possibly go wrong with the application that warranted it to be placed on AP and later refusal. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:53pm On May 11, 2017
Hi EEden. Visa officers are not obligated to explain denials beyond what is outlined in the refusal letter. The interview itself is much more important than any documents. Be prepared to present fresh information in support of your application.

EEden:
Good day. I applied for a B1/B2 visa at Lagos last month along with my mum as I intended going for my baby's delivery, I was denied d visa while my mum was given. My mum wouldn't be able to use hers as she was going to help me with the baby since my husband couldn't get time off work and supervising some projects. I work with a bank and I came with all necessary documentation from my husband's company, mine, doctors correspondence etc. D vo didn't ask for any of these and even after denying me, I asked if i could know why, and she said she cnt explain... I also tried to explain that my mum couldn't use hers without me but still..... I dnt know what could 've gone wrong....pls advise. I have however applied again
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sirelawrence: 10:26pm On May 11, 2017
Pls VO, do I need to go with a financial statement for my interview although I'm given a full scholarship with monthly stipend?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:05am On May 12, 2017
Hello sirelawrence. The only required document is the I-20 form. However, for applicant endeavoring to do expensive things in the US, such as education or medical care, proof of financial means may also be requested.

sirelawrence:
Pls VO, do I need to go with a financial statement for my interview although I'm given a full scholarship with monthly stipend?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:06am On May 12, 2017
Hello nikkycool. We are quite used to this situation. We will take fingerprints for as many fingers as the applicant possesses and will take note of the ones that are absent.

nikkycool:
Hello VO,please will I have issue on Fingerprinting at the embassy if I do not have one of my fingers?My index finger to be precise,lost it to an accident years back.Please advice and thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sirelawrence: 11:41am On May 12, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello sirelawrence. The only required document is the I-20 form. However, for applicant endeavoring to do expensive things in the US, such as education or medical care, proof of financial means may also be requested.

@ abujaiv thanks for the reply. Was just trying to clarify if there will be any need for financial statement since my I-20 form will show that I'm on a scholarship
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nikkycool(f): 2:47pm On May 12, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello nikkycool. We are quite used to this situation. We will take fingerprints for as many fingers as the applicant possesses and will take note of the ones that are absent.

Thanks for the response really appreciate.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Honeylahrah: 4:39pm On May 12, 2017
Hello abujaniv

Last year 2016 I applied using an I-visa and i met with the VO who said I used the previous application for the new one and that I should reapply after three days....With the new application and interview wait date I won't meet up with the event date so I have to let it go.
And now I want to as apply a tourist....the question is :

#Can I make use of the previous i-visa application fee ?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by olorieka: 6:04pm On May 12, 2017
Hello VO am the last time I applied was because of childbirth but I was refused no ma am planning to go on business trip because am into adult and kiddies Clothing's what is the best way to apply and present my application am going alone leaving behind hubby and 4kids is there any guarantee that I will be given
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by SilaV: 9:57am On May 13, 2017
Hello abujaniv and lagosniv:

I am in the process of booking my F1 visa interview appointment and it is required that I fill-in information about my dependents( wife and two kids) but their passports and 1-20s are not yet ready.Should I skip that page or I should wait till the required documents are ready before continuing with the booking ? I f I do continue with the booking now, hope it won't affect them when their documents are now available and they are to go for their interview. Actually,they are not going with me now but may join me later. Advise needed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.