Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819179 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AmbodOfLASU: 9:32pm On Jun 09, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello AmbodAssu. Your story is further evidence for why we encourage people to fill out their own applications. Nobody knows your life details better than you. So when you entrust these matters to someone else, mistakes slip in. The problem is that the application is considered a sworn document. The applicant is swearing that all the information inside is true. So any mistakes will fall upon the applicant's credibility, not the agent, friend, or family member.

Hmmn. Solution sir?

Someone said this : "You fill a new one to rectify it and make sure you update the new ds160 application ID back on the interview appointment page and print a new one for interview because if not the 64k is going to be wasted if care is not taken".

Is that possible? Please, save a career. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Greatguy139: 3:37am On Jun 10, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AmbodOfLASU: 4:51am On Jun 10, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello AmbodAssu. Your story is further evidence for why we encourage people to fill out their own applications. Nobody knows your life details better than you. So when you entrust these matters to someone else, mistakes slip in. The problem is that the application is considered a sworn document. The applicant is swearing that all the information inside is true. So any mistakes will fall upon the applicant's credibility, not the agent, friend, or family member.

Good morning. Please, I need you to guide me out of this murky waters. A career is on the line here.

Good morning and thank you so much sir.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by CreativeWeb(m): 6:03am On Jun 10, 2017
Hello, Abujaniv, you said you don't look at letters. I don't understand. Does that mean the VO will not look at my Bishop's letter authorizing us to represent him in the Synod?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:15am On Jun 10, 2017
Relax. Multiple posts and hyperbolic entreaties to save lives, careers, etc. do not bolster your point. The applicant may bring up the mistake during intake at the Embassy/Consulate or at the interview, and any necessary corrections can be made at that time.

AmbodOfLASU:

Good morning. Please, I need you to guide me out of this murky waters. A career is on the line here.

Good morning and thank you so much sir.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:16am On Jun 10, 2017
That is precisely what I mean.

CreativeWeb:
Hello, Abujaniv, you said you don't look at letters. I don't understand. Does that mean the VO will not look at my Bishop's letter authorizing us to represent him in the Synod?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
Hello Talliusceciro12. Precision is important. The question is written: "Have you ever lost a passport or had one stolen?" The purpose of the question is to find out if it's possible your passport and identity could have been used by another person. So apply that to your situation and answer truthfully.

Talliusceciro12:
Hello. Please what's the best answer to the question " Have you ever had your passport missing" . I once misplaced my international passport and I went for a new one. But I have found the misplaced passport safely. So please what should be the best answer to the question. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mamanjai: 5:49pm On Jun 10, 2017
Hello ABUJANIV. i am going to have my baby in The US but i havent been able to schedule an appointment for the past 3 days and i do not have time in my hands anymore. Can i apply for expedited or emercency date. one of te requiements is to already have a booked appointment but that option hasnt been opened for a while now. kindly advice on what to do as i have no time left in my hands. Thank you Much
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fpeter(f): 6:31pm On Jun 10, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello fpeter. You may reschedule the date one time. After that, you must pay the fee again.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mamanjai: 6:32pm On Jun 10, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello seyewest. Our wait times in Abuja are around 16 days now. Try looking for an appointment from that point out to 30 days from now.

Hello. What do you mean by wait time is 16days? 16 days from when?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:27pm On Jun 10, 2017
Hello mamanjai. The wait times are a factor of supply and demand. Everyone thinks their own travel is a priority. You can request an emergency interview, but there is no guarantee it will be granted.

mamanjai:
Hello ABUJANIV. i am going to have my baby in The US but i havent been able to schedule an appointment for the past 3 days and i do not have time in my hands anymore. Can i apply for expedited or emercency date. one of te requiements is to already have a booked appointment but that option hasnt been opened for a while now. kindly advice on what to do as i have no time left in my hands. Thank you Much
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dammy2good(f): 12:23pm On Jun 11, 2017
Hello
I plan on taking my kids for holidays between August and September precisely to Disneyworld Florida.
What documents do I need to backup my application form.
I have not travelled before except to Ghana and that was for business. Currently we have Dubai visa but was told Dubai will be hot at that time anf uncomfortable for kids.
Do I need to pay for the entry ticket to disney land as evidence to backup our travelling Or it's not necessary. Basically I need any information that will help as I don't want to increase the kids expectations and then be let down.
Also what do you mean by strong family ties as I do not have any family member there.
I will be sponsoring the trip not my husband will that affect our chances .
I earn less than 300k but have a side business which can pay for the trip although my account may not have cash in it as payments just go in and out for business transactions.
Apologies for the long epistle just need all the information I can get
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
AmbodOfLASU, your question has been asked and answered. Spamming this thread with repeated posts will not result in a different answer.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 9jaStar: 10:01pm On Jun 11, 2017
Priceless!

abujaniv:
Hello mzjennypher. Is the mall going to pick you up at the airport? Do you discuss family and politics with the mall?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AmbodOfLASU: 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
abujaniv:
AmbodOfLASU, your question has been asked and answered. Spamming this thread with repeated posts will not result in a different answer.

I appreciate your reply sir. I only seek for clarity about the suggestions from other people. I do not mean to get you pissed or irritated. I just want to take the best decision. I don't desire issues coming up in the course of the interview or appointment being rescheduled when the programme being prepared for is just a couple of weeks away.

Apologies and thank you so much sir.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:30am On Jun 12, 2017
Hello dammy2good. The US non-immigrant visa process is centered around the interview rather than documents. On occasion when one parent is traveling with children, we will request to see proof of consent from the other parent. This is to protect against trafficking and abuse of parental rights. We do not recommend that you buy tickets or make reservations before you have the visa in hand. Having paid for Disney tickets will not impact the visa decision at all. When you mention strong family ties, we generally mean ties to Nigeria or wherever is the applicant's home country.

dammy2good:
Hello
I plan on taking my kids for holidays between August and September precisely to Disneyworld Florida.
What documents do I need to backup my application form.
I have not travelled before except to Ghana and that was for business. Currently we have Dubai visa but was told Dubai will be hot at that time anf uncomfortable for kids.
Do I need to pay for the entry ticket to disney land as evidence to backup our travelling Or it's not necessary. Basically I need any information that will help as I don't want to increase the kids expectations and then be let down.
Also what do you mean by strong family ties as I do not have any family member there.
I will be sponsoring the trip not my husband will that affect our chances .
I earn less than 300k but have a side business which can pay for the trip although my account may not have cash in it as payments just go in and out for business transactions.
Apologies for the long epistle just need all the information I can get

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by BABSFREY: 10:29am On Jun 12, 2017
Dear Abujaniv,

Thank you for the feedback.

I was with my mum today, and they prevented me from accompanying her to the interview. I cited the feedback obtained from you, and they dismissive, insisting that Lagos is not Abuja.

She went in all by herself and thankfully, she was successful, despite my lack of confidence in her wit. I do appreciate your feedback and please keep the good work going.

abujaniv:
Hello BABSFREY. You may accompany your mother to the interview. She must still qualify on her own merits. We don't look at documents.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by duduafri: 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2017
Hello VOs,

Trust this meets you well.

I'll like to commend you guys for the good Job you are doing out here.

I hold F1 Non Immigrant Visa and I'll be resuming in Sept for my program. Please what are the documents Im expected to present at POE to CBP officials?

Regards,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hello duduafri. When you say "resuming," you must have been going to this school previously, so the border procedures should be the same as when you first entered.

duduafri:
Hello VOs,

Trust this meets you well.

I'll like to commend you guys for the good Job you are doing out here.

I hold F1 Non Immigrant Visa and I'll be resuming in Sept for my program. Please what are the documents Im expected to present at POE to CBP officials?

Regards,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by travelclub: 3:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hello,

My cousin has a valid US visa and her passport got missing from her bag at work. She's sworn an affidavit and currently trying to get a new passport. We already have a trip planned for September. Is she going to have to fill another form and attend an interview? Please advise on what we should do.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:40pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hello travelclub. The applicant will have to apply for a new visa once the passport is replaced.

travelclub:
Hello,

My cousin has a valid US visa and her passport got missing from her bag at work. She's sworn an affidavit and currently trying to get a new passport. We already have a trip planned for September. Is she going to have to fill another form and attend an interview? Please advise on what we should do.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by BABSFREY: 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2017
Dear Abujaniv,

My colleague at work is eligible for the dropbox and has applied via the dropbox. He has now been asked to come for an interview. Is there a clear reason why people are so identified? Secondly, he is renewing his visa ahead of its expiry, as the visa still has more than a month validity. Will his visa be cancelled if he is denied?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hello BABSFREY. The interview waiver program is a courtesy extended to trusted travelers. Some IWP applicants are chosen at random to appear for an interview. For others, we may have additional questions about their past or future travel. The most recent adjudication, be it approval or denial, takes precedence.

BABSFREY:
Dear Abujaniv,

My colleague at work is eligible for the dropbox and has applied via the dropbox. He has now been asked to come for an interview. Is there a clear reason why people are so identified? Secondly, he is renewing his visa ahead of its expiry, as the visa still has more than a month validity. Will his visa be cancelled if he is denied?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by CreativeWeb(m): 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hello Abujaniv, I'm being asked for a pickup location while trying to schedule appointment. I don't understand. If my visa is approved, will I have to go and pick up my Passport by myself at my chosen pickup location? I chose VI Lagos.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hello CreativeWeb. There are designated drop-off/pick-up points for passports with DHL.

CreativeWeb:
Hello Abujaniv, I'm being asked for a pickup location while trying to schedule appointment. I don't understand. If my visa is approved, will I have to go and pick up my Passport by myself at my chosen pickup location? I chose VI Lagos.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ayo23us: 9:41pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hello VO,

A friend of mine was at the embassy today for a visit visa. Unfortunately, the number on confirmation page of the DS-160 was dissimilar to that on the appointment page. More worrisome, he left the embassy without an interview. What do you advise please? He has to attend a conference in the US by July 9, 2017.

Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.