Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,641 members, 7,823,819 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820884 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
Read some pages from this thread. I am confident you will get your answer, as regards documents.

Believe13:
Many thanks.

One last question. What documents do I take with me sir?

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Believe13: 3:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
Many Many thanks.

God bless.

abujaniv:
Read some pages from this thread. I am confident you will get your answer, as regards documents.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
Hello VO
I intend to apply for US visa before the end of this year but i need to clear the below worries.

I abbreviated my name as "OLADIPO" instead of "OLADIPUPO".And am planning to do correction of name before applying for my International passport. Could this have any consequence on my visa application because my other documents carries OLADIPO.

I just delivered a baby boy and i want my son to use my own personal name (OLADIPUPO) as his surname. Could this also have any immense effect on my application?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Newbie12: 8:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
Good evening, help please. My sis intends to join her husband in the States and her interview is very soon, they ve got all the necessary documents, ds 160,passport, F1, F2, evidence of scholarship,marriage certificate, etc, please what kind of questions should she prepare for.. Her passport is Virgin. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:10pm On Jun 19, 2017
Hello Dipo2020. So you're changing your last name, and then giving your child the name you abandoned? That's your business. Whatever the name is, the name in the visa must match the name in the passport.

Dipo2020:
Hello VO
I intend to apply for US visa before the end of this year but i need to clear the below worries.

I abbreviated my name as "OLADIPO" instead of "OLADIPUPO".And am planning to do correction of name before applying for my International passport. Could this have any consequence on my visa application because my other documents carries OLADIPO.

I just delivered a baby boy and i want my son to use my own personal name (OLADIPUPO) as his surname. Could this also have any immense effect on my application?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:17pm On Jun 19, 2017
Hello Newbie12. We really don't like this term "virgin" to describe passports. It seems to imply that people without travel history don't get visas, or that they should be compelled to fill their passport with fake endorsements or meaningless travel. Both are very false. The questions are about the applicant and his/her travel intentions, so as long as he/she is truthful, there's no need to prepare. Honest answers flow naturally.

Newbie12:
Good evening, help please. My sis intends to join her husband in the States and her interview is very soon, they ve got all the necessary documents, ds 160,passport, F1, F2, evidence of scholarship,marriage certificate, etc, please what kind of questions should she prepare for.. Her passport is Virgin. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 9jaStar: 2:15am On Jun 20, 2017
Once I saw the initial answer to that 'resume' question, I just knew this was coming. . .

abujaniv never disappoints

abujaniv:
To "resume" school is not the same as to "enrol" into school. Precision in language is important, something that will become rapidly apparent at any institution of higher learning in the United States.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DonManuel01(m): 9:49am On Jun 20, 2017
@abujaniv

Thank you for your wonderful work on this thread. Your insights are valuable and well-appreciated.
Please I want to know if the US embassy will honor a scanned copy of my i20. The school has sent it twice now, but I don't understand what is going on with UPS. Don't know how long again it will take for it to arrive, and time is going.
So I suggested that the school send me a scanned copy of the I-20 so I can use it in the interim for my interview.
Is this acceptable?
Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Dipo2020. So you're changing your last name, and then giving your child the name you abandoned? That's your business. Whatever the name is, the name in the visa must match the name in the passport.

Thanks Abujaniv for you response. I have not applied for US visa before. I'm not abandoning any name rather I only want my son to bear my first name (OLADIPUPO) as his own surname while I still maintain my father's name.
I just want to know if it will not affect my application because it means me and my son will have different surname.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:27pm On Jun 20, 2017
If there's any question about the family relationship, you may be asked to provide more evidence to back it up. The US takes biographical details and identity very seriously, especially in regards to minor children.

Dipo2020:

Thanks Abujaniv for you response. I have not applied for US visa before. I'm not abandoning any name rather I only want my son to bear my first name (OLADIPUPO) as his own surname while I still maintain my father's name.
I just want to know if it will not affect my application because it means me and my son will have different surname.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:29pm On Jun 20, 2017
Hello DonManuel01. You can continue to the interview with the scanned copy, but the visa officer is sure to ask why you don't have the original. Be prepared to explain. You would have to check with Customs and Border Patrol to see if they would accept only a scanned copy. I suspect they would not.

DonManuel01:
@abujaniv

Thank you for your wonderful work on this thread. Your insights are valuable and well-appreciated.
Please I want to know if the US embassy will honor a scanned copy of my i20. The school has sent it twice now, but I don't understand what is going on with UPS. Don't know how long again it will take for it to arrive, and time is going.
So I suggested that the school send me a scanned copy of the I-20 so I can use it in the interim for my interview.
Is this acceptable?
Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by pyx: 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2017
Hello VO, I want to know if my wife could attend Visa interview while am away in the united states, she applied for international passport here in Nigeria for about four month but not ready till date and I have already scheduled my travel to be in July.. Do I need to be in Nigeria for her to attend the nterview or it is not necessary.
We planned the vacation together, can she join me or she has to wait till I return before the interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DonManuel01(m): 4:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello DonManuel01. You can continue to the interview with the scanned copy, but the visa officer is sure to ask why you don't have the original. Be prepared to explain. You would have to check with Customs and Border Patrol to see if they would accept only a scanned copy. I suspect they would not.

Thanks alot. I'm sure the original copy will arrive before my proposed travel date. I just need this scanned copy to appear for my interview at the embassy, as time is really running out.
Thanks again.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2017
Hi,
My wife and kid got a US visa which will expire at the end of the year. We have a new kid now and I want to know how my family can reapply while my new kid applies from scratch considering that my wife and son would probably be entitled to drop box and the new kid isn't. Is there an option of ignoring the drop box so they all can go to the interview together?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by laonidolla(m): 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2017
hello VO, pls is it compulsory to travel during the first 6month's of first issue of visa? caused there is a change of plan. thank
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
Hello pyx. She may go to the interview by herself.

pyx:
Hello VO, I want to know if my wife could attend Visa interview while am away in the united states, she applied for international passport here in Nigeria for about four month but not ready till date and I have already scheduled my travel to be in July.. Do I need to be in Nigeria for her to attend the nterview or it is not necessary.
We planned the vacation together, can she join me or she has to wait till I return before the interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:57pm On Jun 20, 2017
Hello Gaggi. It's your choice if you want to renew visa the interview waiver program (IWP, dropbox) or to come in for an interview. The new child must appear for an interview for his/her first visa and will necessarily need to be accompanied by an adult, preferably a parent.

Gaggi:
Hi,
My wife and kid got a US visa which will expire at the end of the year. We have a new kid now and I want to know how my family can reapply while my new kid applies from scratch considering that my wife and son would probably be entitled to drop box and the new kid isn't. Is there an option of ignoring the drop box so they all can go to the interview together?

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:58pm On Jun 20, 2017
Hello laonidolla. No.

laonidolla:
hello VO, pls is it compulsory to travel during the first 6month's of first issue of visa? caused there is a change of plan. thank
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:11am On Jun 21, 2017
Hello Ddarkguy. Thank you for your feedback. This is not the appropriate venue for interview transcripts.

Ddarkguy:
I really want to appreciate everyone who has posted on this forum most especially, the VO! Your posts, experiences and selflessness are so helpful and quite appreciated.
I got my Visa this morning to the glory of God

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Hebunn(m): 7:32am On Jun 21, 2017
Hello VO, good Morning... I'm planning to attend a filmmaking workshop/trainning in New York and the program will last for 8weeks. I read on their website I'll have to apply for an "F" visa, in order to attend the training... I want to ask if you grant "F" visas for 8 weeks short-term workshop/training. The workshop is for Sept., 2017. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by aragonbaba(m): 8:14am On Jun 21, 2017
I dont understand this message. I paid in Gtbank and I got a reference number. I tried to schedule an interview but they said my receipt number is not in the database. Now this is the reply I got after I laid a complaint. This is serious
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by honeyoluwatoyin: 9:15am On Jun 21, 2017
aragonbaba:
I dont understand this message. I paid in Gtbank and I got a reference number. I tried to schedule an interview but they said my receipt number is not in the database. Now this is the reply I got after I laid a complaint. This is serious
it means you have mistakenly used it for Dropbox ...if you have the visa then You are fine for Dropbox provided that it's the same categories wit ur previous visa but if you are a first timer then my broda ur 64k is gone for good, you will have to pay another money to reschedule ur appointment
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:36pm On Jun 21, 2017
Hello Hebunn. Yes, if it is a degree program and the school requires it.

Hebunn:
Hello VO, good Morning... I'm planning to attend a filmmaking workshop/trainning in New York and the program will last for 8weeks. I read on their website I'll have to apply for an "F" visa, in order to attend the training... I want to ask if you grant "F" visas for 8 weeks short-term workshop/training. The workshop is for Sept., 2017. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2017
Hello aragonbaba. I removed your previous post because it is a very bad idea to post personally identifiable information in a public space such as this. This is an issue you will have to solve through customer service, or you will need to pay the fee again. Thousands of applicants do this successfully every day. So can you.

aragonbaba:
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by demiiii(f): 3:09pm On Jun 21, 2017
HELLO, PLEASE I NEED YOUR URGENT ASSISTANT. I AM RENEWING MY B1/B2 VISA AND I HAVE PAID THE FEE AT GTB, I HAVE ALSO COMPLETED MY DS-160 FORM.

BUT UNFORTUNATELY, I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO ACCESS THE SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT SESSION.

PLEASE HELP ME URGENTLY. THANK YOU NAIRALANDERS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.