Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820025 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2017
Hello demiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Step-by-step instructions are at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/index.html
Otherwise, contact customer service at: support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

demiiii:
HELLO, PLEASE I NEED YOUR URGENT ASSISTANT. I AM RENEWING MY B1/B2 VISA AND I HAVE PAID THE FEE AT GTB, I HAVE ALSO COMPLETED MY DS-160 FORM.

BUT UNFORTUNATELY, I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO ACCESS THE SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT SESSION.

PLEASE HELP ME URGENTLY. THANK YOU NAIRALANDERS.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by naijaboy756: 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2017
wrong thread
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 2Favoured: 10:51am On Jun 22, 2017
Good day officer,
I am applying for my Aunt (our late mum's younger sister)who has been invited by twin sister to come over and help her take care of her baby. The challenge is that my Aunt does not have the necessary documents like bank statement to support her application as she's a petty trader who doesn't own an account. My sister is a US citizen and she is ready to provide her all the necessary documents she needs as she will be sponsoring the trip. My question is" is there any other thing my Aunt needs to support her application?. She's a mother of 5 children and she doesn't intend to stay longer than 6 months but submitting her application is a bit of a challenge because of her lack of bank statement.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by CreativeWeb(m): 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2017
Hello Abujaniv, I tried making payment for Visas today at GTBank. When it got to the point of typing in my passport number, an error message came out saying that the passport number is already in use. I have never used it to schedule any appointment before today. What might be the problem?

If it's the customer service that will solve it, how do I reach them?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
Hello 2Favoured. Read a few pages of this thread. You will learn all you need to know about documents.

2Favoured:
Good day officer,
I am applying for my Aunt (our late mum's younger sister)who has been invited by twin sister to come over and help her take care of her baby. The challenge is that my Aunt does not have the necessary documents like bank statement to support her application as she's a petty trader who doesn't own an account. My sister is a US citizen and she is ready to provide her all the necessary documents she needs as she will be sponsoring the trip. My question is" is there any other thing my Aunt needs to support her application?. She's a mother of 5 children and she doesn't intend to stay longer than 6 months but submitting her application is a bit of a challenge because of her lack of bank statement.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by opechy(f): 10:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
Dear VO,
Bro was denied today at the consulate in Lagos because his new passport does not carry the Malaysian visa he claimed to have. He has a copy of the visa but he didn't take it along. His conference is July 12-13, should he reapply immediately and hope to be able to show them proof of his Malaysia visa? What can be done? Thanks in advance!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by opomulero(m): 8:40pm On Jun 25, 2017
opomulero:
Dear VO,
My wife and I went for US visa interview last year B1/B2, we were asked of our marriage date and some other questions which we answered ok and the interviewer said OK without checking our documents.

But lastly, he asked me if i had for once entered for US VISA LOTTERY before which i answered YES. He asked when i answered DV 2012.

And the VO REJECTED OUR VISA without any explanation.

(NOTE:
I entered DV 2012, I was a Lucky winner, but later they said there is a COMPUTER GLITCH which VOIDED the DV 2012 result that time
and when the re-selection was done i wasnt among the lucky ones)

Please what can be the problem is it that I was wrong to enter DV 2012.

Kindly reply
worried somebody.

B4 this quoted write up ive been to dubai alone and after marriage 2013, been to ghana with wife.
After denial of us visa feb 2016, we jetted out to turkey in april 2016, we went to us consulate again in dec 2016 and we were denied again.

....I have good paying job,
....I think i have good travel history to my own best of knowledge.

Now i wanted to try the third time and im afraid.

House please where do you think i am getting it wrong?

Kindly advise me.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by demiiii(f): 11:36pm On Jun 25, 2017
Thank you. Its been completed and I have done the Dropbox. Waiting patiently
abujaniv:
Hello demiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Step-by-step instructions are at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/index.html
Otherwise, contact customer service at: support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by niyisfan: 12:59am On Jun 26, 2017
Hello, have been to the US twice with my previous US visas, however with my current 2 year visa, have not been able to travel with it and it will expire by November 2017. Can I reapply for a renewal after the expiration in my married name and with my hubby? Also, will my not being able to travel be a problem for me renewing or must I make use of the current visa before reapplying?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Wasquad(m): 8:25pm On Jun 26, 2017
Hello, Please my sister has B1/B2 visa but expired March and she wanted to renew but wanted to include her husband in the documentation. The husband has a fresh passport no history. How will they go through it all. Please I need a comprehensive guide on how to go about this. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by folmus: 11:08am On Jun 27, 2017
Hello VO,

I need to renew my B1/B2 visa but am presently outside of Nigeria where I work and where am a resident. I am not qualified to apply for a dropbox here since the visa wasn't issued here. In my enquiry with the US embassy here, I was told to go to my country to apply since I am not a citizen here. In my earlier enquiry, you said I better go for another interview in Nigeria. I will like to know whether I can bring my bank statement from here since this is where I work and I plan to apply for the renewal during my leave.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by topexavier: 7:28pm On Jun 28, 2017
Dear VO,
I was refused B1/B2 visa last year based on section 214 .....
I got married to the mother of my kids, who is a US legal permanent resident alongside my kids shortly after. She promptly filed form I-130 for me.
Between the time of my last application for NIV and now, I became self employed and own a very profitable pharmaceutical business, though I was also a top staff of the company I last worked with and had a very good salary.
Despite the ongoing process of filing, can I proceed to apply for a B1/B2 visa? Please note, I do not intend to spoil my chances of obtaining F2A visa by not obeying the rules of B1/B2 visa or becoming an illegal immigrant through it. Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by khar: 7:32pm On Jun 28, 2017
Hello there.

I tried renewing my B1/B2 visa the same month it was due to expire,using the drop box process. At the point of collection(return),I was told to reschedule a follow-up appointment.

Please has this happened to anyone here before? I'll appreciate if anyone can give an insight into what might be the problem. I have never overstayed in the US.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kennyfem(m): 10:43pm On Jun 28, 2017
Dear VO,

My friends mother visited her daughter in US after 6month she came back to nigeria but the 2years visa is about to expire now must she visit US twice before she can renew her visa or if her visa expire now can she renew it because she wants to visit her daughter soon.

Hope to hearing from you.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:54am On Jun 29, 2017
Hello opomulero. We can't go into specifics for any case. The critical thing is that you are open and honest in your applications, and your home ties will develop naturally over time.

opomulero:

B4 this quoted write up ive been to dubai alone and after marriage 2013, been to ghana with wife.
After denial of us visa feb 2016, we jetted out to turkey in april 2016, we went to us consulate again in dec 2016 and we were denied again.

....I have good paying job,
....I think i have good travel history to my own best of knowledge.

Now i wanted to try the third time and im afraid.

House please where do you think i am getting it wrong?

Kindly advise me.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:56am On Jun 29, 2017
Hello niyisfan. You needn't travel on a visa to be eligible for renewal under the interview waiver program (dropbox).

niyisfan:
Hello, have been to the US twice with my previous US visas, however with my current 2 year visa, have not been able to travel with it and it will expire by November 2017. Can I reapply for a renewal after the expiration in my married name and with my hubby? Also, will my not being able to travel be a problem for me renewing or must I make use of the current visa before reapplying?

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:58am On Jun 29, 2017
Good morning Wasquad. Comprehensive information is found on our USTravelDocs website. The husband in this scenario must appear for an interview for the first visa. The wife may be eligible for interview waiver.
Wasquad:
Hello, Please my sister has B1/B2 visa but expired March and she wanted to renew but wanted to include her husband in the documentation. The husband has a fresh passport no history. How will they go through it all. Please I need a comprehensive guide on how to go about this. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:59am On Jun 29, 2017
Hello folmus. We typically recommend people to apply from the country where they principally reside. We do not typically look a documents.

folmus:
Hello VO,

I need to renew my B1/B2 visa but am presently outside of Nigeria where I work and where am a resident. I am not qualified to apply for a dropbox here since the visa wasn't issued here. In my enquiry with the US embassy here, I was told to go to my country to apply since I am not a citizen here. In my earlier enquiry, you said I better go for another interview in Nigeria. I will like to know whether I can bring my bank statement from here since this is where I work and I plan to apply for the renewal during my leave.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:03am On Jun 29, 2017
Hello topoexavier. It is not impossible to obtain a nonimmigrant visa (B1/B2, F1, etc.) while also pursuing an immigrant visa. That said, it may be a high hurdle to do so. In applying for the nonimmigrant visa, you are demonstrating and swearing that you do not have an immigrant intent, when clearly you do in this case. Your ties to your home country will be weighed against your external ties.

topexavier:
Dear VO,
I was refused B1/B2 visa last year based on section 214 .....
I got married to the mother of my kids, who is a US legal permanent resident alongside my kids shortly after. She promptly filed form I-130 for me.
Between the time of my last application for NIV and now, I became self employed and own a very profitable pharmaceutical business, though I was also a top staff of the company I last worked with and had a very good salary.
Despite the ongoing process of filing, can I proceed to apply for a B1/B2 visa? Please note, I do not intend to spoil my chances of obtaining F2A visa by not obeying the rules of B1/B2 visa or becoming an illegal immigrant through it. Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hello VO,
Please i and my 2 kids have a B1/B2 that will expire in November, but we intend traveling end of November, are we eligible for the Interview waiver program since the visa is not yet expired?. I intend using the visa for vacation and child birth. I will like to send in the application in August..

Thank you for your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hello khar. With renewals, applicants are occasionally called in to talk about their past or future travel. Others are randomly chosen for an interview.

khar:
Hello there.

I tried renewing my B1/B2 visa the same month it was due to expire,using the drop box process. At the point of collection(return),I was told to reschedule a follow-up appointment.

Please has this happened to anyone here before? I'll appreciate if anyone can give an insight into what might be the problem. I have never overstayed in the US.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:59pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hello kennyfem. The lack of punctuation makes your post difficult to understand. The bottom line is that the visa expiration date is the last day that she can enter the US. She can apply for renewal at any time.

kennyfem:
Dear VO,

My friends mother visited her daughter in US after 6month she came back to nigeria but the 2years visa is about to expire now must she visit US twice before she can renew her visa or if her visa expire now can she renew it because she wants to visit her daughter soon.

Hope to hearing from you.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:02pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hello Marychibuzo. As long as the visas are valid or have expired in less than 12 months, you are likely eligible for the interview waiver program. If the purpose of your travel is childbirth, it may be a good idea to elect to come in for an interview to explain your preparations and finances. This may help for a smoother entry at the border.
Marychibuzo:
Hello VO,
Please i and my 2 kids have a B1/B2 that will expire in November, but we intend traveling end of November, are we eligible for the Interview waiver program since the visa is not yet expired?. I intend using the visa for vacation and child birth. I will like to send in the application in August..

Thank you for your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tmyke: 1:27pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hello Abujaiv,

My wife sent an email to consularabuja@state.gov its been over two days and we havent got a response. Email was to notify the embassy on our change of intent as she now intends to give birth in the states. Visa was issued in Jan 2016 but we haven't been able to travel due minor health challenges and busy schedule. How do we go about getting a response from the embassy.

Regards,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by maddock(m): 1:29pm On Jun 29, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Marychibuzo. As long as the visas are valid or have expired in less than 12 months, you are likely eligible for the interview waiver program. If the purpose of your travel is childbirth, it may be a good idea to elect to come in for an interview to explain your preparations and finances. This may help for a smoother entry at the border.

Good day VO, thanks for your work here. Just trying to get a little clarification on slightly similar issue. Mine is that our visa would expire novermber but since we were granted the visa two years ago we (myself and my son) were unable to use it due to my inability to get approval to proceed for my annual leave. But we iintend making the trip december and thus the visa would have expired in November, do we apply for renewal via INTERVIEW or we are eligible for DROP BOX?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by maddock(m): 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello niyisfan. You needn't travel on a visa to be eligible for renewal under the interview waiver program (dropbox).

Thanks VO i think this answers my query.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hello Tymyke. After the fact e-mails about changing intent are not valid. What matters is what the applicant says at the visa interview and at the port of entry. You are not likely to get a response to such an e-mail, and if you do, it will be informational in nature, conferring no permission on the purpose of travel. You will have the opportunity to declare your intention and preparations at the port of entry. Customs and Border Patrol will make the final determination as to whether you are allowed into the US.

Tmyke:
Hello Abujaiv,

My wife sent an email to consularabuja@state.gov its been over two days and we havent got a response. Email was to notify the embassy on our change of intent as she now intends to give birth in the states. Visa was issued in Jan 2016 but we haven't been able to travel due minor health challenges and busy schedule. How do we go about getting a response from the embassy.

Regards,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hello maddock. Once the visa expires, the clock starts. When that time reaches 12 months, interview waiver is no longer an option. It is not necessary to travel on the visa to be eligible for the interview waiver program.

maddock:

Good day VO, thanks for your work here. Just trying to get a little clarification on slightly similar issue. Mine is that our visa would expire novermber but since we were granted the visa two years ago we (myself and my son) were unable to use it due to my inability to get approval to proceed for my annual leave. But we iintend making the trip december and thus the visa would have expired in November, do we apply for renewal via INTERVIEW or we are eligible for DROP BOX?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tmyke: 1:58pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hi Abujaiv,

Thanks for the reply. We had initially sent it to Lagosiv and got a response that the couldn't find our record because we had done our interview at Abuja. We now resent the email to Abuja and didnt get a reply. We will state our case at the POE as advised just thought we would get a response from Abuja as we did Lagos.

Thanks.

abujaniv:
Hello Tymyke. After the fact e-mails about changing intent are not valid. What matters is what the applicant says at the visa interview and at the port of entry. You are not likely to get a response to such an e-mail, and if you do, it will be informational in nature, conferring no permission on the purpose of travel. You will have the opportunity to declare your intention and preparations at the port of entry. Customs and Border Patrol will make the final determination as to whether you are allowed into the US.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by johnbull2017(m): 2:21pm On Jun 29, 2017
Good day sir,
I have been having little issues filling my DS-160 form. All through the weekend/holidays, the form logs me out and takes me back to the default page several times. Also at the moment it is still doing the same and I am finding it hard to finish filling the form.
Please what can I do as regards this.
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:01pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hello johnbull2017. Contact customer support or get a faster internet connection.

johnbull2017:
Good day sir,
I have been having little issues filling my DS-160 form. All through the weekend/holidays, the form logs me out and takes me back to the default page several times. Also at the moment it is still doing the same and I am finding it hard to finish filling the form.
Please what can I do as regards this.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.