Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819139 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dorch: 8:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hi VO
I attended my F1 visa interview on the 8th of this June and my visa was approved. I have since been tracking it on ustraveldocs and it has been giving a response saying "Your passport is still with the consulate" but on Friday last week When I tried tracking, I go the response "THERE IS NO STATUS UPDATE AVAILABLE FOR THE PASSPORT NUMBER SUBMITTED" It's been 3 weeks since my interview and I'm getting worried. Any idea why this is so or when the visa would be ready?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fabiyem1983: 8:50pm On Jun 29, 2017
I was denied a US B2/B2 visa today and I don't know the reason why I was denied.
VO: Good morning
Me:Good morning madam
VO:Your passport
Me:I passed my passport.
VO:What are your travelling plan
Me:I wanna go on vacation
VO:Where in the US.
Me:I mentioned the place I'm going
VO:Are u married
Me:I said yes
VO:Have u travelled before
Me:Yes
VO:Where do u work
Me:I answered
VO:What did u do
Me: I said I'm the operations officer
VO:She started typing and said sorry u can not be issued a visa now.
Pls can I know where I went wrong
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hello dorch. It's impossible to diagnose the issue on this forum. E-mail the consulate.

dorch:
Hi VO
I attended my F1 visa interview on the 8th of this June and my visa was approved. I have since been tracking it on ustraveldocs and it has been giving a response saying "Your passport is still with the consulate" but on Friday last week When I tried tracking, I go the response "THERE IS NO STATUS UPDATE AVAILABLE FOR THE PASSPORT NUMBER SUBMITTED" It's been 3 weeks since my interview and I'm getting worried. Any idea why this is so or when the visa would be ready?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:18pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hello fabiyem1983. This is not the forum to post transcripts of interviews. If you told the truth, then you did nothing wrong. Don't take it personally and consider reapplying in the future when there are stronger ties that you can point to.

fabiyem1983:
I was denied a US B2/B2 visa today and I don't know the reason why I was denied.

Pls can I know where I went wrong

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ologun01(m): 10:49pm On Jun 29, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello fabiyem1983. This is not the forum to post transcripts of interviews. If you told the truth, then you did nothing wrong. Don't take it personally and consider reapplying in the future when there are stronger ties that you can point to.

Hi

is it a must that my visa location be same as interview location. i selected lagos as my visa location but the nearest interview date is too close to my travel purpose and i can get an earlier date at abuja..can i go for the interview at abuja with same DS-160 or i have to fill another?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 9jaStar: 4:43am On Jun 30, 2017
abujaniv, permit me to ask this because I'm seeing a bit of a contradiction in terms here.

As you have so clearly pointed out, in applying for an NIV, the applicant swears to not having an immigrant intent and is adjudicated by the CO as such.
However, and herein lies the rub, the CO sometimes approves an NIV for applicants even with a pending IV application-an application which clearly demonstrates intent to migrate.
So in effect, the CO is approving a non immigrant visa to someone with a demonstrable immigrant intent.
Meaning one or both of two things: the applicant lied on oath in his NIV application (misrepresentation) and/or the CO knowingly approved a visa to an applicant who clearly misrepresented.
My question here is
1. On what basis does such an applicant (I was one not so long ago and my visa was approved) overcome the presumption of intent despite a pending clear and sworn intention to migrate
2. I don't mean this the wrong way, just asking for purposes of clarity. Is the CO not breaking the law by approving non immigrant visas for applicants with a clear declaration of immigrant intent?
2. Or should we be talking rather that the applicant has to demonstrate on that occasion and that occasion only, that there is no intent to abuse the NIV on that singular occasion?
Okay, even I have a headache after that. . .

abujaniv:
Hello topoexavier. It is not impossible to obtain a nonimmigrant visa (B1/B2, F1, etc.) while also pursuing an immigrant visa. That said, it may be a high hurdle to do so. In applying for the nonimmigrant visa, you are demonstrating and swearing that you do not have an immigrant intent, when clearly you do in this case. Your ties to your home country will be weighed against your external ties.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by enocoded4life(f): 7:28am On Jun 30, 2017
Hello, I am new here and I am happy I found this thread. You guys are doing a great job. Please I have a few questions to ask.
I and my daughter were issued b1/b2 visas Sept 2015 because we wanted to go for a family vacation with my husband (who already had his visa). A week to our planned trip I fell sick and I discovered I was pregnant with some complications. I was advised against long distance travel so we had to cancel the trip. I gave birth to my twin boys on June 2016 through C-section and took time out to recover and nurse my boys, they turned 1 year old this month.
We are planning to go for that family vacation October this year(thats when my husband would be on leave), but I and my daughter's Visas would have expired by then. So my questions are:
1. Would our not using the visas affect our chances of having the visas renewed?
2. Would our application be by drop box or do I have the option of appearing for interview so that I can explain my reasons for not traveling?
3. We want to apply for the 1 year old twins, since they are minors are they appearing for interview or should I apply for them along with mine and daughter's via drop box.
4. Finally, can we apply now or wait till after the visa expires before applying?
I look forward to your reply to these questions. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:43am On Jun 30, 2017
Hello 9jaStar. You are correct that this is a complicated issue. Every situation is unique in some way, so it is difficult to apply a blanket answer to every applicant. The presumption of immigrant intent is a core concept of US immigration law that governs our visa process. Another overriding concept is our judgement of whether the applicant will use the visa correctly--to abide by the laws of the land and to return after a short stay.
We understand that immigrant visa petitions can sometimes take years to process. In the meantime, an IV applicant may wish to make brief visits to the US but will not want to endanger their lawful, long-term plans to migrate. We look at those situations carefully and make decisions on a case-by-case basis.

9jaStar:
abujaniv, permit me to ask this because I'm seeing a bit of a contradiction in terms here.

As you have so clearly pointed out, in applying for an NIV, the applicant swears to not having an immigrant intent and is adjudicated by the CO as such.
However, and herein lies the rub, the CO sometimes approves an NIV for applicants even with a pending IV application-an application which clearly demonstrates intent to migrate.
So in effect, the CO is approving a non immigrant visa to someone with a demonstrable immigrant intent.
Meaning one or both of two things: the applicant lied on oath in his NIV application (misrepresentation) and/or the CO knowingly approved a visa to an applicant who clearly misrepresented.
My question here is
1. On what basis does such an applicant (I was one not so long ago and my visa was approved) overcome the presumption of intent despite a pending clear and sworn intention to migrate
2. I don't mean this the wrong way, just asking for purposes of clarity. Is the CO not breaking the law by approving non immigrant visas for applicants with a clear declaration of immigrant intent?
2. Or should we be talking rather that the applicant has to demonstrate on that occasion and that occasion only, that there is no intent to abuse the NIV on that singular occasion?
Okay, even I have a headache after that. . .

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dorch: 8:20am On Jun 30, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello dorch. It's impossible to diagnose the issue on this forum. E-mail the consulate.

Hi,
I have E-mailed the consulate but no response. Can I drop my passport number perhaps you could help detect what the problem is please?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2017
Do not put personal information in a public space such as this.

dorch:

Hi,
I have E-mailed the consulate but no response. Can I drop my passport number perhaps you could help detect what the problem is please?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fabiyem1983: 11:23am On Jul 01, 2017
if one is asked why did you choose the united state for vacation,what is the best answer to give?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by alexdell1234: 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
Good morning,

I am going on vacation with my family, i planned leaving on 5th of july which i indicated on our appllication form, but unforunately, when i was about booking an appointment i discovered the earliest appointment date was 11th of August, do i need to fill a new form to indicate our reschedule date, I have not purchased tickets to our tourist attractions in the US. we can easily reschedule.

kindly advice.

regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hello fabiyem1983. If you do not know how to answer this question honestly, then you should forego any travel plans to the US.
fabiyem1983:
if one is asked why did you choose the united state for vacation,what is the best answer to give?

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hello alexdell1234. I will adviSe you that you do not need to complete a new form. We always recommend that prospective travelers apply for their visas well in advance of any trip, and also, to not pay for any tickets or reservations until their visa is in hand.

alexdell1234:
Good morning,

I am going on vacation with my family, i planned leaving on 5th of july which i indicated on our appllication form, but unforunately, when i was about booking an appointment i discovered the earliest appointment date was 11th of August, do i need to fill a new form to indicate our reschedule date, I have not purchased tickets to our tourist attractions in the US. we can easily reschedule.

kindly advice.

regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by opomulero(m): 7:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
Thank you abujaniv

abujaniv:
Hello opomulero. We can't go into specifics for any case. The critical thing is that you are open and honest in your applications, and your home ties will develop naturally over time.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Believe13: 8:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
Thanks VO for your assistance. I and my family was issued visa last week.

Can we stay 3weeks in the US. Though we filled 2weeks in our application.

My niece wants us to visit her and family for 5days in Canada. Though my husband doesn't seem interested. So I might probably go with my daughter.

My question is, will the extra one week not affect us at POE when we are questioned?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hello Believe13. It's up to Customs and Border patrol to determine whether to allow a visitor into the country and for how long. A difference of two to three weeks is not likely to raise any issues. If CBP asks for it, provide an explanation to them.

Believe13:
Thanks VO for your assistance. I and my family was issued visa last week.

Can we stay 3weeks in the US. Though we filled 2weeks in our application.

My niece wants us to visit her and family for 5days in Canada. Though my husband doesn't seem interested. So I might probably go with my daughter.

My question is, will the extra one week not affect us at POE when we are questioned?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Believe13: 11:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
OK thanks.

abujaniv:
Hello Believe13. It's up to Customs and Border patrol to determine whether to allow a visitor into the country and for how long. A difference of two to three weeks is not likely to raise any issues. If CBP asks for it, provide an explanation to them.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Curious2mind: 2:21am On Jul 03, 2017
Hello VO,

My pregnant wife intent was to travel to America to receive treatment for her pregnancy complication but the receiving Doctor in the States recommended that she should stay till delivery for proper medical monitoring. When she was at the Consulate, she was been asked the initial question of why are you traveling to america? while she was speaking, the CO asked, was she going to have baby, ans she replied, Yes. Though, the CO was extremely nice about it, and she stated that "not because of anything but she couldn't issue the visa right now"
After reporting the denial to the hospital in the states, they now issued another letter stating the causes of the treatment needed. My only concern is that wouldn't she be considered as a liar that which probably trigger a negative record about her in the system, when she stand before another CO saying she is going to the states for treatment contrary to what she said at the previous appointment. I would rather forfeit the Visa fees than for her to establish negative record with the Consulate. She already has another appointment coming up.
Kindly, give your intake and i'll appreciate your quick response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by CreativeWeb(m): 9:02am On Jul 03, 2017
Hello Abujaniv, I have booked for appointment.

3rd August.

But when I submitted Ds160 form, I indicated that my intended date of travel is 10th July.

Something happened and I couldn't book the appointment on time. So, I booked appointment on 22nd June and got 3rd August for interview.

Although the conference I'm attending will start on 10th August and ends on 20th August.

I put 10th July as intended date of travel because I wanted to stay in the US for six weeks.

But as it is now, I want to stay for three weeks only.

I will be traveling with my wife.

We have strong home ties.

1. We are pastors in a large congregation under a Bishop. The Bishop gave us letter of approval to travel for the conference.

2. My wife is an undergraduate in a university in Nigeria and cannot abandon her education.

Fingers crossed.

What do you think?

PS - Don't tell me you are not thinking anything. Lol
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 9jabiggurl: 9:23am On Jul 03, 2017
Dear Abujaniv,

my friend is a little worried about her form, she submitted the form without a passport photograph attached to the form. Will this pose any problem at the point of interview or should she fill another form and upload a passport photograph?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:35pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hello Curious2mind. Your post is difficult to understand. If your wife was honest about her birth tourism plans from the start, then there should be no issues with regard to lying. If she said she was going on holiday and the visa officer deduced the true purpose of travel, then her credibility is damaged. If nothing has changed between the last refusal and today, the result is likely to be the same.

Curious2mind:
Hello VO,

My pregnant wife intent was to travel to America to receive treatment for her pregnancy complication but the receiving Doctor in the States recommended that she should stay till delivery for proper medical monitoring. When she was at the Consulate, she was been asked the initial question of why are you traveling to america? while she was speaking, the CO asked, was she going to have baby, ans she replied, Yes. Though, the CO was extremely nice about it, and she stated that "not because of anything but she couldn't issue the visa right now"
After reporting the denial to the hospital in the states, they now issued another letter stating the causes of the treatment needed. My only concern is that wouldn't she be considered as a liar that which probably trigger a negative record about her in the system, when she stand before another CO saying she is going to the states for treatment contrary to what she said at the previous appointment. I would rather forfeit the Visa fees than for her to establish negative record with the Consulate. She already has another appointment coming up.
Kindly, give your intake and i'll appreciate your quick response.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:37pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hello CreativeWeb. What do I think about what? Ask a real question. If you ask about "chances," I'll respond that we don't consider our visa process to be a game of chance.

CreativeWeb:
Hello Abujaniv, I have booked for appointment.

3rd August.

But when I submitted Ds160 form, I indicated that my intended date of travel is 10th July.

Something happened and I couldn't book the appointment on time. So, I booked appointment on 22nd June and got 3rd August for interview.

Although the conference I'm attending will start on 10th August and ends on 20th August.

I put 10th July as intended date of travel because I wanted to stay in the US for six weeks.

But as it is now, I want to stay for three weeks only.

I will be traveling with my wife.

We have strong home ties.

1. We are pastors in a large congregation under a Bishop. The Bishop gave us letter of approval to travel for the conference.

2. My wife is an undergraduate in a university in Nigeria and cannot abandon her education.

Fingers crossed.

What do you think?

PS - Don't tell me you are not thinking anything. Lol
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hello 9jabiggurl. It is required that applicants upload their photograph when the apply online.

9jabiggurl:
Dear Abujaniv,

my friend is a little worried about her form, she submitted the form without a passport photograph attached to the form. Will this pose any problem at the point of interview or should she fill another form and upload a passport photograph?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mzjennypher(f): 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello mzjennypher. Is the mall going to pick you up at the airport? Do you discuss family and politics with the mall?

@abujaniv thanks for this response. for future applicants you can actually use a mall address as organisation on ur ds-160. i noticed it while filling the form, it was stated by the side that if you do not know an organisation you can use a mall/store address you would be visiting. I used the mall address and got my visa last week. thanks.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by corrall(f): 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
My husband and I intend to go on a holiday with our kids, we are being invited by his sister who is a US citizen. I have been there before but he was declined about 7 years ago. My husband n I have some savings but my sis in law is going to be our sponsor, paying for the flight ticket and staying in her house. I have a job and hubby is a businessman. Do we need to have the money in our account or just indicate her as the sponsor when filling the form? How do we go about this? please advise.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hello corrall. There is a section of the application form (DS-160) that asks who or what is funding the trip. That's where you would indicate it is the sister in law paying your bills.

corrall:
My husband and I intend to go on a holiday with our kids, we are being invited by his sister who is a US citizen. I have been there before but he was declined about 7 years ago. My husband n I have some savings but my sis in law is going to be our sponsor, paying for the flight ticket and staying in her house. I have a job and hubby is a businessman. Do we need to have the money in our account or just indicate her as the sponsor when filling the form? How do we go about this? please advise.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Cfo4all: 1:20am On Jul 04, 2017
Happy Independence day to the star spangled banner!!!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 9jabiggurl: 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2017
Thanks. However the submission has ben made and payment made with the DS 160 form without passport picture. How do i go about making this change. is filling another form the solution?

abujaniv:
Hello 9jabiggurl. It is required that applicants upload their photograph when the apply online.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2017
Hello 9jabiggurl. This notice has been in effect since late last year:
Effective immediately, visa applicants who do not upload their photos when submitting their DS-160 visa application will be turned away and advised to complete their application by uploading a proper photo. This will usually require the rescheduling of their appointment. The process for uploading photos is easy and is thoroughly explained in our on-line application. Avoid disappointment and delay—upload your photo as part of your visa application!

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/index.html

9jabiggurl:
Thanks. However the submission has ben made and payment made with the DS 160 form without passport picture. How do i go about making this change. is filling another form the solution?

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JayJay0211: 2:27pm On Jul 04, 2017
Hello, everybody.

My husband and I wish to apply for the b1/b2 by August. Kindly assist with answers to the following questions:

1. Can we apply more than 6 months in advance of the trip? This is for adequate planning.

2. Will it matter to the VO that we are traveling without the kids? We plan to go to NYC now and on a later trip take the kids to Disney Orlando.

3. What is the latest interview slot available on a given day? 10 am?

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.