Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,449 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818226 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Perence: 12:57am On Oct 13, 2017
Hello,

I have a quick question. I filled a DS160 form. For some reason I couldn't make my appointment two times due to health reasons. I had to make another payment. Do I need to fill out another DS 160 form. Or do I just go ahead and use same confirmation page. Thank you for your swift response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Apple2: 6:50am On Oct 13, 2017
As a final year student in Nigeria what ties could I provide as am going for Christmas invitation to my cousin(aunty). I actually don't work while schooling and I don't have fat account or properties, is a December- February stay, come back March for school clearance. My aunty(cousin) is sponsoring the trips. Any luck ?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:06am On Oct 13, 2017
If you want to try your luck, buy a lottery ticket. We do not consider the US visa process to be a game of chance. Self assess and apply if you chose to do so.

Apple2:
As a final year student in Nigeria what ties could I provide as am going for Christmas invitation to my cousin(aunty). I actually don't work while schooling and I don't have fat account or properties, is a December- February stay, come back March for school clearance. My aunty(cousin) is sponsoring the trips. Any luck ?

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Apple2: 8:21am On Oct 13, 2017
abujaniv:
If you want to try your luck, buy a lottery ticket. We do not consider the US visa process to be a game of chance. Self assess and apply if you chose to do so.

OK. She has sent every paper documents needed already through DHL, if it arrives I will apply and I will pick Abuja embassy.

God bless all of you, have a nice day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Lordcrixus: 10:51am On Oct 13, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Lordcrixus. We encourage applicants to speak in English at the interview if at all possible. If she requires a translator, she can request one at the window.

She might request for one.....thanks
LagosNIV:
We do have translators in both Abuja and in Lagos who speak the most common languages in Nigeria. We prefer to use our own translators so that we can be confident that the applicant is answering the questions and not the translator, and so we can be confident that the translation is happening correctly.
Thanks for the input with a noble response
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Perence: 1:29pm On Oct 13, 2017
Hello,

I have a quick question. I filled a DS160 form. For some reason I couldn't make my appointment two times due to health reasons. I had to make another payment. Do I need to fill out another DS 160 form. Or do I just go ahead and use same confirmation page. Thank you for your swift response.

PLS I would appreciate if someone can help me with this.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Prince1980(m): 6:03pm On Oct 13, 2017
Hello Amiable Consular,
Greetings. Please a friend in need of these clarification. He is going to Mexico for his Post Graduate Degree (Temporary Resident) for three years, for his trip, he applied for USA Transit Visa, to allow him to pass through Texas to Mexico City. However, the visa application was subsequently approved.
Kindly note, it was approved for a duration of two years on a multiple entry. The inquiry, can he use same visa to enter USA on a visiting/tourist purposes? Or he can only use it on transit for the duration of two years? Since, he is going to be in Mexico for another three years.

Many thanks for your prompt response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 13, 2017
abujaniv:

Dear Consular, good evening and thanks for the good job you're doing here, in spite of your very tight schedule. Remember me? I presented my boss' case to you in August concerning his ordeal with a fraudulent Agent, which led to his life/permanent inadmissibility upon deportation from POE. This happened in 2004. He's been around the globe since then except US due to this and now he's an entrepreneur of repute. He confides much in me. He wrote to the embassy in case he could reapply for a NIV, explaining his past ordeal and the embassy advised him to do so and if qualified for a waiver, a VO would use his discretion to apply for a waiver on his behalf so, he applied in August and during interview , the VO requested a waiver on his behalf. Fast forward,after a meeting today in the office, he called to inform me that he received an email from the US Embassy that his waiver has been approved. He leapt for joy and embraced me( laughs) . However, his passport has been requested for submission to DHL office with an attached form, which accompanied the email,within 2 business days. Now, he's not clear with the details in the form, though he's only requested to submit his passport and that's all. Please see attached the details and advise other things he may need to submit alongside the passport(s).

Thank you sir.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 13, 2017
Hello Prince1980 -

If your friend applied for and was issued a C transit visa, then that is the only permitted use for that visa. If he wishes to spend time in the US as a tourist, he should apply for a B1/B2 visa. Misuse of a visa can result in becoming ineligible for issuance of future visas.

Prince1980:
Hello Amiable Consular,
Greetings. Please a friend in need of these clarification. He is going to Mexico for his Post Graduate Degree (Temporary Resident) for three years, for his trip, he applied for USA Transit Visa, to allow him to pass through Texas to Mexico City. However, the visa application was subsequently approved.
Kindly note, it was approved for a duration of two years on a multiple entry. The inquiry, can he use same visa to enter USA on a visiting/tourist purposes? Or he can only use it on transit for the duration of two years? Since, he is going to be in Mexico for another three years.

Many thanks for your prompt response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 13, 2017
Hello fairfora -

Your boss should follow the instructions in the email and submit his passport. The form is simply for tracking purposes. If none of the boxes on the form are checked specifying further documents, and no further documents were requested in the email, then no further documents are required.

fairfora:
...However, his passport has been requested for submission to DHL office with an attached form, which accompanied the email,within 2 business days. Now, he's not clear with the details in the form, though he's only requested to submit his passport and that's all. Please see attached the details and advise other things he may need to submit alongside the passport(s).

Thank you sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tripleaa: 10:48pm On Oct 13, 2017
Dear VO,
I will be glad if you advice on this.I applied for a student visa in 2007, unfortunately, the Agent i used to write my SAT exams prior to my visa interview issued me a fake result. Gullible i presented it at the interview and i was denied and i guess i have been banned too because the interviewer said she wont allow me enter her country and seized the fake SAT result. since then i haven't applied again. Fast forward to 2017 i.e 10 years after, i now work with an Organisation and we do some work with the american government. I am married now with 2 kids.Now, i want to reapply with my wife to go on vacation with my 2kids to the US. What do you think is my current status? Am i right when i say i assume i have been banned?Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 13, 2017
LagosNIV:
Hello fairfora -

Your boss should follow the instructions in the email and submit his passport. The form is simply for tracking purposes. If none of the boxes on the form are checked specifying further documents, and no further documents were requested in the email, then no further documents are required.

thank you very much sir. There's no box checked in the form. It was just a blank form.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 14, 2017
Hello tripleaa -

If you were subject to a lifetime ban, the consular officer who refused your visa before would have told you so both in writing and verbally. If you were just refused under section 214b, we won't place too much weight on that refusal from 10 years ago, and will focus on your current ties.
If you are subject to a lifetime ineligibility, you can still apply, and as with fairfora's boss you may be eligible to request a waiver of the ineligibility.

tripleaa:
Dear VO,
I will be glad if you advice on this.I applied for a student visa in 2007, unfortunately, the Agent i used to write my SAT exams prior to my visa interview issued me a fake result. Gullible i presented it at the interview and i was denied and i guess i have been banned too because the interviewer said she wont allow me enter her country and seized the fake SAT result. since then i haven't applied again. Fast forward to 2017 i.e 10 years after, i now work with an Organisation and we do some work with the american government. I am married now with 2 kids.Now, i want to reapply with my wife to go on vacation with my 2kids to the US. What do you think is my current status? Am i right when i say i assume i have been banned?Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Oyearike: 1:49pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hello NIV, my husband and I applied for a visit visa. We completed our forms already and scheduled an appointment for November. While going through our documents yesterday, I found out that my application number was wrongly put on the appointment page. I am dependent on my husband on the page, he can edit his details but I can't edit my details again. What do you suggest we do in this instance? Kindly advise.
Thanks in advance
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by geniusss: 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hello NIV,
I discovered that i mistakingly swapped my first name with my last name while filling the form to schedule my appointment for the B1/B2 visa interview. My appointment is in December. I tried to edit the information afterwards but couldn't cos they are locked in already.
How do i go about resolving this please?
thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by orimahspence: 6:37pm On Oct 14, 2017
Good day VO

I applied for I class visa in December 2015 to cover an event in the state, but was denied, I was a journalist then and worked for a popular print media, my two attempt at visa was unsuccessful, I assumed it was due to the fact that I have Presbycusis – Loss of hearing that gradually occurs because of changes in the inner or middle ear in individuals, this made ma ask the VO to repeat them selves often before I could hear them well,(a situation I guess they are not pleased with) I have since resigned from the media company and have joined my dad firm, he is sending me for MBA in the United States to get trained so he can offer me a major position in the management team of one of his companies , three schools have admitted me and I'm yet to make final decision on which to attend, my question however Is "how do I politely tell VO that I have presbycusis? Is there a place in DS 160 that I can indicate this? It's not as if I dint hear at all but one have have to speak slowly with clarity (not necessarily loudly) for me to hear, please respond, I hope I don't get deprived of this great opportunity
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tripleaa: 9:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
LagosNIV:
Hello tripleaa -

If you were subject to a lifetime ban, the consular officer who refused your visa before would have told you so both in writing and verbally. If you were just refused under section 214b, we won't place too much weight on that refusal from 10 years ago, and will focus on your current ties.
If you are subject to a lifetime ineligibility, you can still apply, and as with fairfora's boss you may be eligible to request a waiver of the ineligibility.

Thank you for your responses. I forgot to say my passport was stamped and a number written on the stamped area by the consular. What Is The consequence of that action.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kenremmy(m): 10:53am On Oct 16, 2017
Good morning VO,
kindly educate me as per my visa application.
I applied for visiting with my family, the available/interview date was 18th of December 2017(which I have picked)and our arriving date is on the 22nd of December 2017.
Hope there won't be any issue during the interview because I was on the last page before I discover it and is 4days to our arrival date .

is there any way I can back date the interview date because I finish the filling of the form about 10hours ago.

kindly advice.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Eghosa123: 10:55am On Oct 16, 2017
Good morning Visa Officer

I applied for renewal of my Tourism Visa 2 weeks ago at the Abuja Dhl Dropbox location.
I am urgently in need of my passport now.
I have called and emailed the consular but no response.
I have already booked my ticket and I'm to land in Canada with my immigrant visa, i just want to stopover and see my sister living in Chicago before continuing in 7 days to Toronto Airport. I haven't visited her for two years and she's just had my new niece. My tickets are non- refundable and changeable at a cost of about 400 dollars and up to 48 hrs before the flight departure time, i am also not entitled to no-shows. I just need to have my passport and the decision by tomorrow latest otherwise I'll incur so much expenses in my ticket. Flight is scheduled for Friday morning. I tracked the application status and it says the case was updated last on Friday.
I will be very grateful if someone can help me and I can send my passport no privately.

Regards
Eghosa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sherilycious: 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2017
When we filled DS 160 form it asked my husband for past work experience and education details. And countries he has travelled to in the past five years

But for me the wife its just asking for present work details and no questions are asked about past work experience or eduction details or countries i have traveled to any country in the past five years

When I change the gender to male on my application, previous work experience and edu details info shows up.
Please is it that females are not asked this questions or theres a problem with my forms
I would really love to fill countries ive travelled to because my husband hav travelled to just one country ad ive travelled to 5
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Opeyemi007: 7:46pm On Oct 16, 2017
[quote author=sherilycious post=61480766]

Ma'am i'm not a VO but i've seen this a few times. There's nothing wrong with your application. You can proceed and if you've ever visited anywhere go with the passport that contains the VISA(s). The VO might have something to add, You should wait to hear more from them.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by hardworkpayss: 6:13am On Oct 17, 2017
Greetings to Abujaniv, Lagosniv and Visaofficer and Thank you for the response @abujaniv.
Ok, Please when you say fraud, is a mistake tagged as fraud? In a situation where it was filled by someone else. And with regards to the Canada issue, I mean, am i going to be judged based on that in a U.S visa interview? Hope to read from you soon. Thank you.
abujaniv:
Greetings hardworkpayss. Participation in the Diversity Visa lottery is not in itself a disqualification for a non-immigrant visa. It may come up in your interview, and if there was fraud in the DV application, that can have an impact. We can't speak with any authority on the Canadian visa process. It is up to the applicant how he/she plans to pay for their education.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Prince1980(m): 8:00am On Oct 17, 2017
Hello VO,
Greetings. Please more clarification about this, what type of visa is suitable for someone going to USA as a Research Student, duration of the research is 6 weeks.

Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Aspentrails96(m): 10:07am On Oct 17, 2017
Dear @Lagosniv and @Abujaniv. I have a question

I was invited by an American man to come visit the US for tourism with his family this december but i am only 21years and i work. So i don't know if i am eligible to apply for the b1/b2 visa. Note: He's sponsoring my tour/visit to the states.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by rolextoni: 12:27pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hello,

I had done my renewal via dropbox but was invited to schedule a follow up interview under 221g and bring my passport back. No additional document was asked. I did the rescheduling but the date I got is like 5 days away from my intended date of travel. I have a sponsored training to attend; Do I qualify for expedited appointment? This is my second renewal via dropbox although I am presenting a new passport. Any useful advice will be appreciated.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Hamdat55: 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
Dear @Lagosniv and @Abujaniv.

My wife and my daughter interview was scheduled for 3rd of October but they were late to embassy due to heavy traffic which lead to expiration of their Bar-code, we requested for the expedite which was granted, also we seized the opportunity to pay for and to include my son in the expedite appointment which was scheduled for today.

At the screening, my son was not screened because he wasn't part of the first application. unfortunate the Visa was denied and i wish to pay for another Visa fee for the two of them since my son's fee will be reverted.

Please i want to know if they can still be granted an expedite date the second time because my wife appointment date at hospital in Chicago is 13th of December, EDD 9th of january and the next available date has even gone beyond that.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Teetee09: 2:48pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hello NIV,
My husband, two kids and I went for our interview today in Abuja and was denied under section 214b. I am presently pregnant, and i want to have the baby in the US as it was discovered during my last CS that my uterus had ruptured.
My question is can i reapply ASAP but without my family this time? Will dat give me a better chance?.
I answered my questions very well but i guess my husband was a bit nervous.

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.