Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,971 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818278 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kessel: 6:14am On Oct 07, 2017
good day
Please i have some questions i need clarifications on
1..i tried picking an appointment date for 3 times unsuccessfully because of work distractions but when i tried the 3rd time,the page told me i had a limited time to access the page,please does this mean that i have a number of times i can visit that page before i forfeit my visa application fee?

2..while and when filling my DS160 form, i chose lagos as my choice venue for visa interview but i wish to change that now due to some reasons,if i schedule an interview for Abuja,will it be accepted,would there be issues since my DS160 FORM i.d is lagos's
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by daddyfisayo2015: 12:18am On Oct 08, 2017
Evening sir, my younger sister which to renew her visa which she got and travelled to the US and returned back to Nigeria with her husband 2years ago. And now the husband is on official assignment in one African country. The question now is can she apply for Drop box alone without the husband and be granted to embark on trip to us in without d husband and these won't be a issue at the point of entry. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by topeolu1: 7:27am On Oct 08, 2017
Good day team,

Please I stumbled on this page and noticed it could be of help on earlier enquiry to the support desk with no response yet.

My family and I applied for a visitor visa to visit the United States last summer for a vacation. This was however not successful as the Consular said we were not qualified at the time and passed a blue slip which wasn't specific about the reasons we were found wanting.

That said, we immediately applied to South Africa and upon visa approval, we proceeded there for our vacation. We took this decision partly because of time constraints in reapplication process since we were not sure exactly why we were refused and again since what we wanted was to go on vacation, choosing an alternative destination that would offer a pleasant experience seemed right in that circumstance.

Upon returning from summer in South Africa, I have been doing a lot of reviews as to why our application was not granted based on our submissions.
1. I am financially capable to undertake the trip with my family. My workplace wrote to that effect, though recently joined in January but with similar work experience spanning about 9years.
2. I am married with two kids and wife also works as a lecturer.
4. We've had limited travel experience though and planned this as a dream vacation to New York. My wife and I only travelled to Ghana for our honeymoon. This information was provided to the consular.
5. I don't have any immediate relative in the United States. However, my mother's step sister (of a different father) is a legal resident there. My answer to the relative question was 'No' since I am not a direct relative of hers.

My thoughts about our refusal were;
1. Could it be possibly because we've had limited travel experience, or
2. My answer to the relative question being 'No'.
3. Possibly, there are other factors.

Please I will like to know the role:
1. Travel experience plays in the decisioning process
2. Would my mother's step sister qualify as a relative in the circumstance described above. Our visit is not connected to her neither was she aware of our travel plans.

The above information was the basis of my earlier enquiry via email. I have tried to modify my mail enquiry considering this is a public page but still provided all the elements of information therein.

While I understand you don't provide comments on specific cases, I do hope I can still get your guidance to help in the future.

Many thanks and keep up the good work.

Warm regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Abientot: 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2017
@LagosNIV/AbujaNIV, I will appreciate your answer to my question. I started and submitted my B1 visa application and booked an interview date which was successful. Upon review of the initial application with ref number "AAAAAAA" I realized I ought to have given more information to some questions. I went back to the application portal to retrieve application "AAAAAAA" which generated another application reference "BBBBBBB", I had not gone far with the new application, when I decided that I will rather throw more light on those areas at the interview, hence i didn't submit the new application "BBBBBB" . Hope going with the confirmation page with ref number "AAAAAA" wont pose any challenge at the interview.

Thanks a lot.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by adefreshguy(m): 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2017
Good afternoon VO,
is it possible to use the the payment receipt CGI which was for another passport number to pay for mine, since the initial person said he is no longer interested in applying to US?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 10, 2017
Hello daddyfisayo2015 -

Applicants are not required to travel in the same family groupings as on prior travel. Each applicant's ties to Nigeria are evaluated individually.
She can apply through the dropbox if she wishes.
daddyfisayo2015:
Evening sir, my younger sister which to renew her visa which she got and travelled to the US and returned back to Nigeria with her husband 2years ago. And now the husband is on official assignment in one African country. The question now is can she apply for Drop box alone without the husband and be granted to embark on trip to us in without d husband and these won't be a issue at the point of entry. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 10, 2017
Hello topeolu1 -

Prior international travel is one of many factors that we consider in evaluating an applicant's ties. If you are unsure about whether a question applies to you or not, such as in your example of a relative, it is better to disclose the information than to withhold it.

topeolu1:

Please I will like to know the role:
1. Travel experience plays in the decisioning process
2. Would my mother's step sister qualify as a relative in the circumstance described above. Our visit is not connected to her neither was she aware of our travel plans.

The above information was the basis of my earlier enquiry via email. I have tried to modify my mail enquiry considering this is a public page but still provided all the elements of information therein.

While I understand you don't provide comments on specific cases, I do hope I can still get your guidance to help in the future.

Many thanks and keep up the good work.

Warm regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 10, 2017
Hello Abientot -

You will be interviewed based on whichever DS160 you have linked to your application. If there are inaccuracies in it, that may be detrimental to your credibility. I would encourage you to ensure that the DS160 on your application is completely and accurately filled out.
Abientot:
@LagosNIV/AbujaNIV, I will appreciate your answer to my question. I started and submitted my B1 visa application and booked an interview date which was successful. Upon review of the initial application with ref number "AAAAAAA" I realized I ought to have given more information to some questions. I went back to the application portal to retrieve application "AAAAAAA" which generated another application reference "BBBBBBB", I had not gone far with the new application, when I decided that I will rather throw more light on those areas at the interview, hence i didn't submit the new application "BBBBBB" . Hope going with the confirmation page with ref number "AAAAAA" wont pose any challenge at the interview.

Thanks a lot.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sizl: 7:42am On Oct 10, 2017
Hi LagosNIV/AbujaNIV

Just trying to clarify something.

If at the interview you stated that you were staying at the US for 2 weeks, but ended up staying for 3 weeks (CBP stamped for 6 months), is it an issue when you renew?

thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shina88: 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hi US Embassy,

My mum submitted her DS160 Application with 28th September as the intended day of departure but the available first interview date in Lagos she got was December 4th. Which was way beyond the initial departure date, though what she wanted to do in the State which is the graduation ceremony of my sister is billed for 16th December.

Is there a way she can change the initial departure date submitted to another day or she should go ahead to book the first available date hoping this would not affect her chances.

Thanks in anticipation of your reply.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by manuel85(m): 1:38pm On Oct 10, 2017
Dear V.O,

i would appreciate an early response to my enquiry below as its urgent.

My Mum has a visa which expired in July this year. she subsquently filled and completed her DS160 page and made the necessary payment for renewal in readiness for submission. she used her brother's email to confirm payment on the Cgi Portal. On looking at the dropbox confirmation printout, she found that the printout contained her brother's name while her passport and other details were also included. that is, the dropbox printout contained her details with the exclusion of the applicant's name. can she go ahead to submit the application at the DHL office, since the ds160 contains her name, the payment receipt contains her name and passport details?
for example, Ds160 contains Olufemi Folashade Victoria while the dropbox confirmation contains Ayoola Olayinka. the passport details and date of birth contained however in the dropbox are that of Olufemi Folashade victoria.

thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by topeolu1: 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2017
Ok thanks.

This is noted for the future.

LagosNIV:
Hello topeolu1 -

Prior international travel is one of many factors that we consider in evaluating an applicant's ties. If you are unsure about whether a question applies to you or not, such as in your example of a relative, it is better to disclose the information than to withhold it.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bimbotek: 10:19pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hello VO...thanks for th good job you are doing.
I have read other people's transcript where they were asked about how the person who invited them got his permanent resident permit. A whole lot of people feel the visa officer denied them the visa because of this question.
I have always thought granting or denying an applicant a US visa is strictly based on showing ties to his/her country. Can u please clarify on this. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by hardworkpayss: 11:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
Long Post Alert..

Firstly i want to commend @Lagosniv @Abujaniv and @Visaofficer the consular officers for a great job you are doing over here to help put people in the right directions on applications. Thanks  a lot.

Please i will really appreciate if my issues are addressed.

- I was refused a DV lottery in 2006, i am not to sure why but i think the reason being there was a mistake in the date of birth the visa officer had on the her computer and the one my passport, according to what she told me then with either a day or a month can't really remember the details as it has been a really long time. That error came along because i didnt put in for the lottery myself. A relative did without my consent and i didn't know till i got a post mail of the lottery.

- I was refused a canadian study permit in 2006.

- Later in 2007, I wanted to accompany my Mum for medical treatment to the UK, but I was refused a UK visitors visa.

- All this time, i was in the university, but now i have finished, done my nysc and worked for some years and gone for a course in south africa and back.

- I applied to canada for a study permit to go further my studies. I ticked the yes option in the space provided for if you have been refused visa to canada or any other country and i declared i have been refused canadian visa and stated reasons but i didnt talk about the USA and UK. But that was an honest oversight due to the crowded place i filled the form hurriedly. They sent me a procedural letter stating that i should explain why i didnt include the USA refusal in 2006, i explained and told them the truth that it was an honest oversight. They gave me a 5 year ban because of that.

- I am being sponsored by a company where i did my internship work while i was in school. Due to my performance at work, a scholarship after school test and an interview. I have letters from the company and their bank to the scholarship effect. I was told to open a new account and the funds for the scholarship transferred to the account.

My questions are:

If applying for an F1 visa:

- Will the DV lottery which is probably viewed as immigrant intent from what i have read on this thread, disqualify me?

- Will my previous refusals and the ban from canada make me not qualify for the visa?

- Hope the fund deposit from the company will not disqualify me as my account is a new account.

Hope to read from you soon.

Please you guys should keep up the good work. So many of us really appreciate.

Thank you for your anticipated response.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hello sizl. Anytime the actual travel deviates from stated travel, it invites more scrutiny. The greater the deviation, the greater the scrutiny.

sizl:
Hi LagosNIV/AbujaNIV

Just trying to clarify something.

If at the interview you stated that you were staying at the US for 2 weeks, but ended up staying for 3 weeks (CBP stamped for 6 months), is it an issue when you renew?

thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hello shina88. For something like this, I'd recommend that your mother just explain the change of departure dates when she goes to the interview.

shina88:
Hi US Embassy,

My mum submitted her DS160 Application with 28th September as the intended day of departure but the available first interview date in Lagos she got was December 4th. Which was way beyond the initial departure date, though what she wanted to do in the State which is the graduation ceremony of my sister is billed for 16th December.

Is there a way she can change the initial departure date submitted to another day or she should go ahead to book the first available date hoping this would not affect her chances.

Thanks in anticipation of your reply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hello bimbotek. It's our prerogative to ask any questions we feel necessary in order to determine an applicant's suitability.

bimbotek:
Hello VO...thanks for th good job you are doing.
I have read other people's transcript where they were asked about how the person who invited them got his permanent resident permit. A whole lot of people feel the visa officer denied them the visa because of this question.
I have always thought granting or denying an applicant a US visa is strictly based on showing ties to his/her country. Can u please clarify on this. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2017
Greetings hardworkpayss. Participation in the Diversity Visa lottery is not in itself a disqualification for a non-immigrant visa. It may come up in your interview, and if there was fraud in the DV application, that can have an impact. We can't speak with any authority on the Canadian visa process. It is up to the applicant how he/she plans to pay for their education.

hardworkpayss:
Long Post Alert..

Firstly i want to commend @Lagosniv @Abujaniv and @Visaofficer the consular officers for a great job you are doing over here to help put people in the right directions on applications. Thanks  a lot.

Please i will really appreciate if my issues are addressed.

- I was refused a DV lottery in 2006, i am not to sure why but i think the reason being there was a mistake in the date of birth the visa officer had on the her computer and the one my passport, according to what she told me then with either a day or a month can't really remember the details as it has been a really long time. That error came along because i didnt put in for the lottery myself. A relative did without my consent and i didn't know till i got a post mail of the lottery.

- I was refused a canadian study permit in 2006.

- Later in 2007, I wanted to accompany my Mum for medical treatment to the UK, but I was refused a UK visitors visa.

- All this time, i was in the university, but now i have finished, done my nysc and worked for some years and gone for a course in south africa and back.

- I applied to canada for a study permit to go further my studies. I ticked the yes option in the space provided for if you have been refused visa to canada or any other country and i declared i have been refused canadian visa and stated reasons but i didnt talk about the USA and UK. But that was an honest oversight due to the crowded place i filled the form hurriedly. They sent me a procedural letter stating that i should explain why i didnt include the USA refusal in 2006, i explained and told them the truth that it was an honest oversight. They gave me a 5 year ban because of that.

- I am being sponsored by a company where i did my internship work while i was in school. Due to my performance at work, a scholarship after school test and an interview. I have letters from the company and their bank to the scholarship effect. I was told to open a new account and the funds for the scholarship transferred to the account.

My questions are:

If applying for an F1 visa:

- Will the DV lottery which is probably viewed as immigrant intent from what i have read on this thread, disqualify me?

- Will my previous refusals and the ban from canada make me not qualify for the visa?

- Hope the fund deposit from the company will not disqualify me as my account is a new account.

Hope to read from you soon.

Please you guys should keep up the good work. So many of us really appreciate.

Thank you for your anticipated response.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Lordcrixus: 2:35pm On Oct 12, 2017
Dear AbujaNIV,
My elder sister just submitted her ds-160 form and also scheduled her b1/b2 interview for early December. In the process of filling the form and scheduling interview, there was no option for choosing to use an interpreter, what is the process of requesting for an interpreter as she wants to be interviewed in her mother tongue?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:48pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hello Lordcrixus. We encourage applicants to speak in English at the interview if at all possible. If she requires a translator, she can request one at the window.

Lordcrixus:
Dear AbujaNIV,
My elder sister just submitted her ds-160 form and also scheduled her b1/b2 interview for early December. In the process of filling the form and scheduling interview, there was no option for choosing to use an interpreter, what is the process of requesting for an interpreter as she wants to be interviewed in her mother tongue?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2017
We do have translators in both Abuja and in Lagos who speak the most common languages in Nigeria. We prefer to use our own translators so that we can be confident that the applicant is answering the questions and not the translator, and so we can be confident that the translation is happening correctly.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Apple2: 8:25pm On Oct 12, 2017
grin grin grin very funny, this consular is so real, lol
abujaniv:
Hello Oluwatisegun. You are not very good at this. Just two months ago with this same user name, you were posting in a thread called "Moving Permanently To The US" about your "plan to travel to USA on student visa and on getting there to marry a woman." Just as easily as I found your true intention with a couple mouse clicks, I or another consular officer will see through your lies at the visa window. Save your money and abandon this plan. Some day when you are older and more established, you may want to visit my country as a true tourist. It would be a pity to have that option permanently taken from you because of a bad decision now.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Apple2: 8:43pm On Oct 12, 2017
Evening room

Pls I'm applying with a b1 b2 usa visa, I'm a final year student(written my exams remaining clearance and Nigeria youth service) and my big cousin a citizen of USA is inviting me for Christmas holidays and to spend 3months with them before returning to finish everything about my school

My question is ' will I be granted visa bcus I don't have ties in Nigeria, I'm still a student. And I have a daughter but am not married nor worked while schooling becus it was a full time course.

Secondly, she wants to send me copy of her social security card because she doesn't have passport and she's a citizen, Haven't travelled outside USA before. Would the social security card be OK?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:19pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hello Apple2. You quoted a post from a few pages back, but I encourage you to keep reading and absorbing what we've been saying here for a long time. Visa officers are not focused on documents. Carrying a copy of a US passport or social security card will carry no weight in the interview.

Apple2:
Evening room

Pls I'm applying with a b1 b2 usa visa, I'm a final year student(written my exams remaining clearance and Nigeria youth service) and my big cousin a citizen of USA is inviting me for Christmas holidays and to spend 3months with them before returning to finish everything about my school

My question is ' will I be granted visa bcus I don't have ties in Nigeria, I'm still a student. And I have a daughter but am not married nor worked while schooling becus it was a full time course.

Secondly, she wants to send me copy of her social security card because she doesn't have passport and she's a citizen, Haven't travelled outside USA before. Would the social security card be OK?

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.