Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,699 members, 7,823,969 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820904 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
OmoBendel24:
Dear Visa Officer, a very gud evening 2 u ma & thanks 4 the great job u'r doing here 4 us.
Pls ma my cousin in Carlifornia is sponsoring his friend 2 com & visit him. His interview will com up soon & he's preparing 4 it. 4 the documents, is I-134 necessary 2 bring 2 the embassy, will they even luk at it or respect it? U do well ma 4 considering this issue

Hello OmoBendel24,

An I-134 (Affidavit of Support) is not required in order to apply for a B1/B2 visa. Thank you!

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
duntano:
Hello
Please I would like to know what " passport been delivered to post means" this has been the status of my passport since monday. (When I tried tracking it onlin) its a dropbox renewal
Thanks

Hello duntano,

As you may have heard, the US Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems affecting its visas systems. As a result of these issues, we were temporarily unable to print most immigrant and non-immigrant visas approved on or after June 9th. We apologize for the inconvenience, and encourage you to track the status of your passport at: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-passportretrieve.asp.

Thank you!

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
julius99:
Hi,

Please is it possible that after been issued a 2years tourist visa someone can cancel or deactivate the visa to make it invalid?

Thanks

Hello julius99,

Yes, any US visa can be cancelled or revoked after it is issued.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
adesojiaderemi:
Hi everyone,please what category of visa does one relative need for just visiting? I sent somebody to GTB to pay for Tourist and Visit visa the cashier said that there is nothing like that, and that there is only tourist and Business B1/B2.

Hello adesojiaderemi,

The correct visa for tourism/visiting is a B1/B2.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by colored(m): 2:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
my uncle can't remember his last date of travel to the US. hope it won't be held against him at his interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello adesojiaderemi,

The correct visa for tourism/visiting is a B1/B2.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nigeriainfo: 11:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
hello V.O, The news is that the computer problem has been solve in some u.s embassy and consulate, and that some embassies have started issuing visa. So my question is that how soon Abuja Embassy computer problem be resolved?since lagos consulate computer problem has been resolved ;Dhello V.O, The news is that the computer problem has been solve in some u.s embassy and consulate, and that some embassies have started issuing visa. So my question is that how soon Abuja Embassy computer problem be resolved?since lagos consulate computer problem has been resolved
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by flodave: 9:08am On Jun 25, 2015
Hello VO ,I am so confused as to why the DS 160 portal refuse to forward my Barcode to the email I provided and my interview date is next week. Please help
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Wadosky(m): 10:12am On Jun 25, 2015
Hi everyone,
I have a problem I wish anybody can contribute ,
I was invited to an exchange programme in newyork ,I have made my payments including visa payment n booked a date for the interview.
In two of d supporting documents from my sponsors my name was not spelt correctly of which I have written to the anchor n she made same mistake by ommiting my surname.I tried to reach her again but it seems she is irritated and stopped responding to my mails.
I want to know how this will affect my chances of passing the interview since I will be presenting those documents on d day of interview.
Hi dear
Please I have a problem,
I was invited to an exchange programme in new York and I made d necessary payments including visa payments and I have equally booked a date for the interview.
My problem is that in two of the supporting documents from my sponsor,my name was wrongly spelt and I made contacts with them again,this time in trying to correct it they ommited my surname. I tried to reach her again and it seems she is not responding to my mails again.
How will this affect my chances of a visa n what steps should I take in trying to rectify this problems.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Chanteh(f): 10:23am On Jun 25, 2015
abujaniv:
Hello, Nairaland! Our last thread was lost due to the Nairaland data loss, so we're re-starting the Non-Immigrant Visa discussion.

We are U.S. Foreign Service Officers working in Abuja and Lagos. We'll be happy to answer as many of your Non-Immigrant Visa questions as possible. Please note that we do not comment on specific cases, we do not offer advice, and we will not answer abusive or insulting posts.

While we will attempt to explain U.S. immigration policies and provide overall visa application guidance, any opinions expressed are the personal views of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views of the United States Government.

There is a separate Immigrant and Diversity Visa thread at https://www.nairaland.com/1792591/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s., also handled by a U.S. Foreign Service Officers in Nigeria, so please use this thread only for questions about Non-Immigrant Visas.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Our best,
AbujaNIV

Hi, thanks for creating this thread. I have applied for J1 visa gotten an appointment, filled the DS 160 form, paid the sevis fee. Am now waiting to go for the interview but my problem is that one of the documens sent to me by the school in US has my name wrongly spelt by 1 letter. Will I be denied because of this? Am just worried about the mistake because I have written to them to correct the name but it's taking long for them to reply and my interview date is close at hand.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Papiyandrix: 1:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
Good afternoon VO...Please I need to know what is going on. I attended an interview at the US embassy on the 9th of June and was given a proxy form on which the address I was to pick up my issued visa at, GSS Collection Center, Muri Okunola was circled out and given to me. I am due for my trip on the 30th of June and till now I have not got my passport back. On tracking it today I saw the message "there is no status update available for the passport number submitted". I am indeed very worried because two days ago I was told it was still at the US Embassy /Consulate by the same tracker. Please I need your help!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by orimahspence: 1:19pm On Jun 25, 2015
Abujaniv Sir/Ma, please kindly respond to this , thank you

orimahspence:
Greetings VO, having seeing so many assistance you have rendered here, I am convinced that I could be added to the long list of people you have helped, hence, I decided to humbly write you.
I am 27yrs married with 2 kids, I work with a reputable print media here in Nigeria as a reporter, I am scheduled to cover an AU event taking place in Washington Dc in August,my interview appointment is july, my visa application class is Journalist/media I class, I haven't travelled out of the country since 2012 and i just renewed my passport some days ago, though the old passport carry expired Saudi and Qatar visa on it, and i had never overstay my time in any of those countries,my questions are, 1. do i need to glue the old passport with the new one? 2. What are the necessary documents to take along for the interview? 3.my salary is not channel in to my bank account as it's always remitted by cash ( although always accompanied by pay slip) and perhaps I don't have huge funds in my personal account but have landed properties, the my since my company is the sponsor and would be responsible for all the expenses , 4. do i need to bring l the company account statement with me? 5.would my age be a barrier because most of my co reporters sheduled for the same purpose 3/4 years ago are over 30, and would be on assignment in the UK at the same time the washigton event is taking place.
thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jaiboymrk(m): 11:13pm On Jun 25, 2015
Hi VO you have been wonderful help alot i want to know ma if was indicated in my I 20 that i am being sponsored by a freind in the state does it effect your chances of getting the student visa thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by funkydocveritas(m): 12:59pm On Jun 26, 2015
Hi visa officer. My wife went for a b1/b2 visa 2 days ago and was just asked 3 questions and the interview officer told her "sorry u did not qualify for the visa" She works with diamond bank and on leave. We got married december. And am a medical doctor. Went to the US december 2013 with 2 years visa. Her questions went thus; (1) what are you going to do in the US? She replied for vacation and also to visit her elder brother who is a legal resident in the US (2) where do you work? She replied she works with diamond bank as a teller (3) what does your husband do? She replied he is a medical doctor department of radiology. The officer went ahead to deny her visa. Note that she didnt have any opportunity to present her supporting document. What do you think went wrong sir?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Fujiano(m): 1:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
Hello VO, i booked an appointment slated for june22, meanwhile, there was discrepancies between my appointment confirmation page and ds160 confirmation page indicating different bar code, which makes me to forfeited da interview. My question is this: 1 am i to fill another application form to generate new id or i can still use da previous application to book an appointment.2 am i going to pay another visa fee.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2015
abujaniv:

Dear ying2000,

Thank you for your question. It is perfectly legal for you to have married an H1 visa holder while you were on a B1/B2 visa so long as you did not overstay given your visa class. Now that you have returned home, you can apply for an H4 visa. If you are found eligible for an H4 visa, you will have two visas concurrently as they are for two visa classes.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2015
[quote author=ying2000 post=35180138][/quoteHow do I find out if I am eligible to apply for an H4?

My interview date is only couple of days away and what I am worried about is how to answer when the visa officer asks why did I get married on a tourist visa.

Can an H4 ever be refused on the ground of getting married while on a B1/B2? What will happen to my B1/B2 visa?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jaiboymrk(m): 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2015
hi VO i am being sponsored by a friend of my family my question is that what are my chances getting an f 1 visa with a friend as your sponsor
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 27, 2015
Dear v/o.
Will like to know why ceac status is showing "administrative processing"after being approved at interview for j1 visa and given paper for collection. No request for further documents were made at or after the interview.how often are status updated.the last on mine was 23rd june.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by olaniyiko: 7:24am On Jun 27, 2015
Sir
I was granted a 2 year U.S. visa with my wife...we have been there about 3 Times so I decided to get for my mum cos I wanted her to visit as well...she went for the interview and she was asked what occupation her son does.she knows I am into interior decoration but when she was asked,she mentioned I sell cars which I don't....they refused her and later when my visa was expired.i decided to renew with my wife and the consular mentioned my mums name and I told him that was my Mum..he said she told them I sold car and I told him I don't sell car,I only just sold my wife car to get her a newer one.may be that was what my Mum saw...or she was just being nervous being infront of a consular...I was refused a visa with my wife....I really don't know what to do.....

abujaniv:
Hello, Nairaland! Our last thread was lost due to the Nairaland data loss, so we're re-starting the Non-Immigrant Visa discussion.

We are U.S. Foreign Service Officers working in Abuja and Lagos. We'll be happy to answer as many of your Non-Immigrant Visa questions as possible. Please note that we do not comment on specific cases, we do not offer advice, and we will not answer abusive or insulting posts.

While we will attempt to explain U.S. immigration policies and provide overall visa application guidance, any opinions expressed are the personal views of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views of the United States Government.

There is a separate Immigrant and Diversity Visa thread at https://www.nairaland.com/1792591/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s., also handled by a U.S. Foreign Service Officers in Nigeria, so please use this thread only for questions about Non-Immigrant Visas.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Our best,
AbujaNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 27, 2015
Hello visa officer,
We recently applied for my mother inlaw visa and her interview is scheduled for July 7th there is a mistake on her ds160 form. It says 20th Dec 1965 instead of 1963 that is on her passport. We filled 1965 in our own forms. What can we do and will this affect her during her interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 28, 2015
Would it make it difficult to apply for an H4 visa if spouse hasn't got H1-B stamped? He got his H1-B last year. I will be attending H4 interview outside the US. Would it create any problem? Do I need to put in his F1-OPT documents too?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AbusM(m): 12:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
Good day VO
On the drop box requirements, I saw this : Spouses and children under 18 years of age may qualify to apply with parents renewing their visas even if the spouse or children do not meet the above conditions. Please note, however, that children over 18 years must apply independently of their parents even if they are traveling together.

My wife has a b2 visa which she would be renewing soon. Whereas I was refused a b2 visa the last time I applied earlier in the year.
My question is, is it possible I submit my passport along with her drop box application? As we plan to travel together at during our next leave.

Kindly help, the whole thing is confusing.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by KUNZEEL01: 3:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
Dear VO,

I applied for a non-immigrant visa (B1/B2) July 2014 but was denied because i couldn't provide my old expired passport that carries visa's of countries i have been too. Do i still need to provide it at my next application as car my car was stolen with my old documents?
Will it affect my new application as i will be applying as family?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kino47: 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
Good Day
Please am about to go for a drop box and have used my b1/b2 twice in 2 years my first trip 2weeks second trip 2 weeks but my fear now is during my first trip from new york back to london which i had a stop over the air hostess asked for my boarding pass in the plane which was in my luggage but later left me due to her busy schedule do you think the information she wants from me is to count me alongside those that boarded the plane which proves i was in flight as at the day i took off.

Why am asking all this is to confirm that i did not overstay. though i was stamped in lagos immediately i landed
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Busconductor: 7:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
Good day,

Dear VO, I was interviewed at the Lagos consulate general on the 10th of June for an F-1 visa, and I was approved. I understand that there were some technical difficulties in printing visas but on the Facebook page of the department of state on consular affairs, it states that all embassies are now in full operation and that they would work over the weekend that just passed to clear the backlog.

But up till now, I haven't gotten any notifications that my visa is ready. And when I try tracking it, it says that there is no status update for my passport number.

Please I would like to know what the problem is and how soon the visas will be ready.

Yours faithfully.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DebsMed: 1:19pm On Jun 30, 2015
Dear VO@Abuja NIV,

Greetings to you....
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bolajibeckley: 1:53pm On Jun 30, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]Hello Visa officer, I applied for the B1/B2 this January 6 ,2015 and was denied the visa after delayed for over 6/7 hours , in the letter typed stated that I will not be consistent with the non immigrant visa ,also I don't have ties to my country . I am Single 34years old male , no kids , employed, With travel history , my father is a Citizen of the U.S by Naturalization , my trip was to visit my father he had been on dialysis for over 4yrs and he is about to have a surgery. Can I reapply? Pls what steps should i take now cause I will like to see my father , he cannot stay here due to his health condition ,we've tried that it's way too expensive and still dangerous for him , Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by eaadegboye: 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2015
Hi.

I got selected for a one-week entrepreneurship bootcamp at MIT which holds in August. What kind of VISA would I need to apply for? What documents would be required and what is the general procedure? I also heard that there's been an issue with the US visa processing system globally. Does that apply to Nigeria too?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by davj50(m): 11:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
Good day @abujaniv,I applied for a b1b2 visa on the 10th of june and my scheduled appointment for the visa interview was 11th of August,and have printed out my appointment letter,yestaday.I decided to update my account,to my surprise I saw it on my profile that no visa interview schedule yet,thus this .made me to b so worried.....what will.I do now? Should I schedule another appointment? Or should I come to the visa interview on the date I had on my appointment printout? So confuse now don't know wot else to do now.......pls help. And direct
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ablaze247: 9:16am On Jul 01, 2015
I was issued a 2year B1/B2 visa in March when I was suppose to attend a conference alongside my brother.

I couldn't travel because some very crucial issues came up which I had to stay back to attend to.

Until this moment it hasn't been convenient for me to travel, how does this affect the validity of my visa.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by automaticgate(m): 10:36am On Jul 01, 2015
Dear VO,
Thanks so much for this commendable way of reaching out and giving answers to various issues.
I wish you success in your assignment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.