Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818193 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by steryville(m): 12:43am On Sep 26, 2015
Dear VO,
Thanks to d response to my question but it still wasn't exhaustively answered.my friend has a family(wife and kid)in d US and presently wants to go visit d baby n mum. He has a good job so not prepared for the wife to file for him.can he apply for a B1/B2 visa to go see them.thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Yjc07: 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2015
LagosNIV:

Unless you were asked for documents, you don't need to submit any documents.

Hello VO,
I dropped off my passport at d embassy in Abuja on Monday 21st as instructed,and I was told to pick it up Wednesday 23rd.I was at d GSS center Wednesday but was told it wasn't available for collection.When I tracked it on ustraveldocs d status reads*Passport still with the US Embassy*. I have already purchased my flight ticket to travel 2nd Oct since my program commences 5th.Worse of it is that I have been paying money for hotel in Abuja since Wednesday,because it's not easy for me traveling Delta State where I reside to Abuja on a short notice always.
Please, advise me should I contact d embassy via email?.
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Omote10: 10:01am On Sep 28, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello VO,

Thank you very much

Regards

Hello Omote10,

If you will be enrolling at a community college, you will need an F-1 visa and an I-20. If you are taking an entirely online course that does not require your presence in the United States, you do not need a visa for this purpose. I would strongly encourage you to mention this matter during your itnreview.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2015
Yjc07:
Dear VO,
After dropping my passport at the Abuja Embassy on Monday 21st, I was issued a white paper and the lady told me to go pick up my passport at the GSS office on Wednesday 23rd,but until now I keep tracking via ustravel.docs and status reads" Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate"
I'm worried because my program starts 5th October,and I have already purchased my ticket for 2nd October.Does it means my visa won't be ready before 2nd October?

You should contact that Embassy directly via e-mail to find out more about your particular case.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 28, 2015
steryville:
Dear VO,
Thanks to d response to my question but it still wasn't exhaustively answered.my friend has a family(wife and kid)in d US and presently wants to go visit d baby n mum. He has a good job so not prepared for the wife to file for him.can he apply for a B1/B2 visa to go see them.thanks

Yes, this individual is eligible to apply for a U.S. visa in the B1/B2 category.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 28, 2015
Yjc07:

Hello VO,
I dropped off my passport at d embassy in Abuja on Monday 21st as instructed,and I was told to pick it up Wednesday 23rd.I was at d GSS center Wednesday but was told it wasn't available for collection.When I tracked it on ustraveldocs d status reads*Passport still with the US Embassy*. I have already purchased my flight ticket to travel 2nd Oct since my program commences 5th.Worse of it is that I have been paying money for hotel in Abuja since Wednesday,because it's not easy for me traveling Delta State where I reside to Abuja on a short notice always.
Please, advise me should I contact d embassy via email?.
Thanks.

Yes, you should contact them directly to learn more about your particular case.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 28, 2015
I would like to remind everyone that the point of this conversation is not to ask what the odds are that you will get a visa or speculate about why you are refused. You should all take the time to educate yourselves by reviewing the U.S. Embassy website, thoroughly reading the documentation provided to you during the application process, and reading responses to previously asked questions.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Yjc07: 4:42pm On Sep 28, 2015
LagosNIV:

Yes, you should contact them directly to learn more about your particular case.

Hello VO,
Thank you for the response. I have contacted them via email.I await their response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cccchic: 8:25pm On Sep 28, 2015
Hello VO,
Good job you doing here.
I really don't know where my post should fall under since its both immigrant and non immigrant case. Would have posted on both but can't find the immigrant thread.
My sister who is a US citizen was to apply for immigrant visa for my parents but unfortunately we lost our dad a week ago. Now she is planning to put the application for just my mum as well as a non immigrant visa for me to go with her since she is down both emotionally and health wise.
My questions:
1)Is it possible for us to attend interview together since hers is immigrant and mine is non immigrant visa?
2)Does health condition affect immigrant visa?( though its just an injury on her leg) and might need to take her on wheel chair to reduce the stress on her
3) She has been to the US twice with non immigrant visa and she over stayed 2weeks on her last visit but applied for a waiver. Will this affect her now?
4) How long does the process of immigrant visa take?
A prompt response will be so much appreciated. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dittobaby: 2:01am On Sep 29, 2015
Hello. A good day to you, visa officer. My questions are:
1. Can I apply for student visas for my kids to attend a private day secondary school in the US? One of them is a US citizen.
2. What type of visa would I apply for myself to accompany and care for them there. We would be coming back home for holidays at the end of each term.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 29, 2015
cccchic:
Hello VO,
Good job you doing here.
I really don't know where my post should fall under since its both immigrant and non immigrant case. Would have posted on both but can't find the immigrant thread.
My sister who is a US citizen was to apply for immigrant visa for my parents but unfortunately we lost our dad a week ago. Now she is planning to put the application for just my mum as well as a non immigrant visa for me to go with her since she is down both emotionally and health wise.
My questions:
1)Is it possible for us to attend interview together since hers is immigrant and mine is non immigrant visa?
2)Does health condition affect immigrant visa?( though its just an injury on her leg) and might need to take her on wheel chair to reduce the stress on her
3) She has been to the US twice with non immigrant visa and she over stayed 2weeks on her last visit but applied for a waiver. Will this affect her now?
4) How long does the process of immigrant visa take?
A prompt response will be so much appreciated. Thanks

Immigrant visas and non-immigrant visas are processed on different days, and if you sister is petitioning for your parents then she doesn't even come in to the interview. The immigrant visa process is very different and begins with the Department of Homeland Security, not the Consulate.

Part of the immigrant visa does involve a health screening, as well as police record check. It can take a long time - depending on the visa class - between the time your petition is submitted and when you actually become eligible for an interview.

Anytime you overstay could pose a problem - It's hard to say without the details of the case.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 29, 2015
dittobaby:
Hello. A good day to you, visa officer. My questions are:
1. Can I apply for student visas for my kids to attend a private day secondary school in the US? One of them is a US citizen.
2. What type of visa would I apply for myself to accompany and care for them there. We would be coming back home for holidays at the end of each term.

You could apply for a student visa for the non-US citizen child, but there wouldn't be a mechanism for you to live in the US and care for them. You are no longer a tourist when you spend most of your year in the country. The US citizen child doesn't require a visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cccchic: 7:52am On Sep 29, 2015
LagosNIV:

My sister who is petitioning for my mum isn't the one going for interview with her, I am the one going for the interview with her and I've never been to the US before. I understand the immigrant and non immigrant visa are different cases but my mum needs assistance as she will be on a wheel chair.
As for the case of her over stay, she sent a mail to the embassy telling them she will be overstaying for 2weeks but the embassy didn't reply the mail till after she overstayed.
Thanks for the prompt response, I await another response.
Immigrant visas and non-immigrant visas are processed on different days, and if you sister is petitioning for your parents then she doesn't even come in to the interview. The immigrant visa process is very different and begins with the Department of Homeland Security, not the Consulate.

Part of the immigrant visa does involve a health screening, as well as police record check. It can take a long time - depending on the visa class - between the time your petition is submitted and when you actually become eligible for an interview.

Anytime you overstay could pose a problem - It's hard to say without the details of the case.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dittobaby: 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2015
LagosNIV:

You could apply for a student visa for the non-US citizen child, but there wouldn't be a mechanism for you to live in the US and care for them. You are no longer a tourist when you spend most of your year in the country. The US citizen child doesn't require a visa.

'no mechanism undecided Is this deliberate, a loophole or an omission?
Then will I be allowed to also come in as a student doing a masters and then a Phd degree?
Note that I'll be spending a lot of money paying for tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 29, 2015
dittobaby:

'no mechanism undecided Is this deliberate, a loophole or an omission?
Then will I be allowed to also come in as a student doing a masters and then a Phd degree?
Note that I'll be spending a lot of money paying for tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses.

If you are a student, you can apply for a student visa. If a child is going as a student, his parent cannot get a visa just to come take care of them. This is very straightforward.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dittobaby: 1:37pm On Sep 29, 2015
LagosNIV:

If you are a student, you can apply for a student visa. If a child is going as a student, his parent cannot get a visa just to come take care of them. This is very straightforward.

Okay. Thanks for your response. It was very helpful.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ebennick: 11:14pm On Sep 29, 2015
good evening to you all .please I need your advice my uncle want to invite my grand ma for a naming ceremony and he want me to come with her because she is getting old . so please wot step are we going t o take , I'm self employ , 37yrs of age ,I hv wife with a kid and staying in my own house but my account balance is not dat much because I just finish my house
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 30, 2015
ebennick:
good evening to you all .please I need your advice my uncle want to invite my grand ma for a naming ceremony and he want me to come with her because she is getting old . so please wot step are we going t o take , I'm self employ , 37yrs of age ,I hv wife with a kid and staying in my own house but my account balance is not dat much because I just finish my house

The only step to take is to apply for B1/B2 visas like everyone else. The required documents and steps you must take are outlined in this post and others. The two of them will likely conduct their interviews separately.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bayoadeolu: 8:16am On Sep 30, 2015
please i want to apply for a visa to visit my family in US, i have a good job and earn good salary in NIgeria and i dont intend to overstay cos i make my money here and i am planning my wedding for next year so I am still single now. My parents and sisters and in US legally, my interview is next month, what is the assurance of getting the visa. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Giny: 10:09am On Sep 30, 2015
Dear VO,

I applied for M-1 visa to go for a training in the USA and I also intend to deliver my baby there as my due is just two weekly after the training but was denied. I told the Consular officer during the interview of my intention but she said I am not granted a visa on the the training which is my official purpose. My question now is this, can I apply for B1/B2 visa immediately to go for my childbirth since I was denied the M1 and I reschedule my training with the school for another batch since it starting in two weeks time.
Please, I need a quick response .
Thank you.

Giny.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by hopybarbar: 10:29am On Sep 30, 2015
Hello VO, Great Job you are doing here, May Almighty God continue to crown your efforts.
Please i need your advise as relate to my issue stated below:
I am presently studying in Europe(last year of my masters programme) i wish to apply for a B1/B2 visa in lagos (appointment scheduled already), my cousin would send the invitation and he will also be sponsoring the trip.
my great concerns are
1. Wont i be asked why didnt i apply from europe? Reason(short TRP validity), but i think its not advisable for me to say this, WHAT CAN I SAY?
2. i have a few traveling experience, being to one Asian country and Five European countries with one schengen visa.
3. What documents do i need to get from my cousin?
4. what documents do i need to prepare myself and take to the interview?

Please assist with your candid advise
Thank You
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Giny: 10:40am On Sep 30, 2015
Hello dear Nairalanders,

How are u doing? I am new on this site, went for M1 visa interview this week but was denied.

Truely, my company want me to go for a training in the USA and I also intend to deliver my baby there as my due is just two weeks after the training because i'm pregnant but was denied. I told the Consular officer during the interview of my intention but she said I am not granted a visa on the the training which is my official purpose. My question now is this, can I apply for B1/B2 visa immediately to go for my childbirth since I was denied the M1 and I will reschedule my training with the school for another batch since it starting in two weeks time and my company has paid all the money. Please help a new Preggy in the house.
Thank you.

Giny.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 30, 2015
Giny:
Dear VO,

I applied for M-1 visa to go for a training in the USA and I also intend to deliver my baby there as my due is just two weekly after the training but was denied. I told the Consular officer during the interview of my intention but she said I am not granted a visa on the the training which is my official purpose. My question now is this, can I apply for B1/B2 visa immediately to go for my childbirth since I was denied the M1 and I reschedule my training with the school for another batch since it starting in two weeks time.
Thank you.

Giny.

Yes, you are eligible to re-apply for both visa classes.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 30, 2015
hopybarbar:
Hello VO, Great Job you are doing here, May Almighty God continue to crown your efforts.
Please i need your advise as relate to my issue stated below:
I am presently studying in Europe(last year of my masters programme) i wish to apply for a B1/B2 visa in lagos (appointment scheduled already), my cousin would send the invitation and he will also be sponsoring the trip.
my great concerns are
1. Wont i be asked why didnt i apply from europe? Reason(short TRP validity), but i think its not advisable for me to say this, WHAT CAN I SAY?
2. i have a few traveling experience, being to one Asian country and Five European countries with one schengen visa.
3. What documents do i need to get from my cousin?
4. what documents do i need to prepare myself and take to the interview?

Please assist with your candid advise
Thank You

What can you say? Well, you could be honest.... It is a valid question to ask why you didn't choose to apply in Europe. As far as your other questions are concerned, these have all been answered several times in the past. I invite you to read through the previous questions and responses.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Giny: 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2015
LagosNIV:

LagosNIV:

LagosNIV:

LagosNIV:

LagosNIV:

LagosNIV:

LagosNIV:

LagosNIV:

LagosNIV:

LagosNIV:

LagosNIV:

LagosNIV:

LagosNIV:

LagosNIV:

LagosNIV:

Hello VO,
Thanks for the quick response, you guys are really doing a good job here. Yes, my question has been answered but not exhaustively. Like I said, I was just denied the M-1 this week, so I want to know if I can apply for the B1/b2 immediately(this week) for my childbirth alone since it is a different class of visa or do have to wait for some weeks to pass by before applying again. I wish to apply immediately, please respond.
Thank you so much.
Giny.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bayoadeolu: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2015
please i want to apply for a visa to visit my family in US, i have a good job and earn good salary in NIgeria and i dont intend to overstay cos i make my money here and i am planning my wedding for next year so I am still single now. My parents and sisters and in US legally, my interview is next month, what is the assurance of getting the visa. Thank you.

Dear VO,
respond please.....
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
bayoadeolu:

Dear VO,
respond please.....

We don't give assurances that you will get a visa. We don't give you the odds that you will give a visa. This has been stated repeatedly. You are welcome to apply and go in for an interview if you believe you are eligible.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by farastrongman: 3:30pm On Sep 30, 2015
Good day VO,
Please I need your advice on this I have applied for no immigrants visa twice and I was denied simply because at some point in my life when I was a boy my father applied for immigrant visa for me and this hasn't been concluded.

However I am an adult now, with a good job and good earning. I have been to several countries in Europe and back without hindrances. I'm not legally married though but I have 2 children and we are doing great but it's my desire to visit friends and family in the U.S. The are been so many marriages, graduations etc that I am suppose to attend but I can't because the U.S. embassy feels I would run away.
I am a senior at my work.
I own properties across lagos.
My children has been to the U.S. even their mother went and came back from a wedding ceremony few months ago.
What I do not understand is the reason the embassy will continue to tell me that I have a petition and I can't travel even when I'm the person sponsoring all of this.

Please advice, thank so much.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by prihnce: 7:08pm On Sep 30, 2015
dear VO, My visa status on caec site changed to issued(my visa has been printed) on -09/30/2015.. but my passport update as at this moment still says- there is no status update
available for the passport
number submitted. please I will like to know what is going on? I am also wondering why it isn't showing "passport still with embassy or consulate" though my passport was collected by the VO when it was approved... we booked a flight already for this weekend. thanks in anticipation.. BTW, it is an immigrant visa nd we had d interview in Lagos
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by liliana(f): 8:40pm On Sep 30, 2015
Hello VO,

My sister is trying to apply for a US visa for our mother
(she is based there). She tried to book an appointment for her and was given a date in October which is too early for her as she needs time to gather documents. She was then told to call a number to change the date. By this time she had already paid the visa fee. My mum called the number 3 times and was told that to book another date she needed to make another payment. How do we get a refund for the first payment made please?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by loxxy: 9:50am On Oct 01, 2015
Good Morning VO,

Please for someone going for a 3 Days Business Management at Harvard Business School, what category of visa should he/she apply for. M1 or B1 visa?

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.