Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,421 members, 7,812,237 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818684 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2015
funkebold:
Good evening VO, please Im having problem submitting my Ds160 form, I filled it 9th of last month and I didn't submit incase I need to correct anything but now I cant retrieve it , it keeps saying an unexpected error has occurred while processing your request, the error has been reported to the site administrator..... please what do I do?

You need to contact the address regarding technical assistance that is provided on the application website.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
Adeloy:
Dear Vo,

I've been selected to attend social innovator summit after I've been selected as one of 100 promising entrepreneurs who will be attend from over 35 countries from around the world.

The conference/impact accelerator comes up between October 6-9. I'll need a non immigrant visa to attend this conference as specified.I planned paying for visa application fee tomorrow and scheduling an appointment next tomorrow.
Is 3 weeks a reasonable time frame to apply since the conference is between 6 - 9th of October

Kind regards

It all depends on the availability of appointments. As I understand it, people are currently booking appointments in November already. But appointment slots open every day as people shift their scheduled interviews.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by latitidejavu: 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello latitidejavu,

Sounds like you're convinced you won't get a visa! If that's the case, perhaps you should reconsider whether applying is a prudent decision at this time. If you don't think you're qualified, how are you going to convince a consular officer that you are?

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

I am really impressed with what is happening here. You even had the sense of humour to understand my question. It is unfortunate Seun hid the post even though it had nothing negative or offensive in it.

Well, I will be applying very soon.

My problem will not be convincing you to give me the visa, I will even convince you to become my customer.

Why is everybody so serious? Have a little fun.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by CoolPrinceLaddy: 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2015
Good Day VO,

I once used my hotmail address to book appointment in 2010 but the mail is no longer accessible. I reset the password which was successful but couldnt still access the mail address. I want to book an appointment for interview and a temporary password was sent to the hotmail address. kindly advise on a way forward to enable me book appointment as the system still recognize my hotmail address.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by afembaba(f): 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
Sir I am a home maker and my hubby is sponsoring our trip, do I still need to bring documents or my hubby is surpose to bring his documents? 14th is our interview
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by temyde(f): 2:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
Sir,
I travelled to d US with my B1/B2, 2yrs visa but was denied entry at d POE n d officer said i had wrong intent. I actually applied to go with my husband for an occassion in Apr but could not make it cos of my job (auditors were coming and as d accountant i had to stay back). I wanted to go for my friend's baby dedication n also vacation since i was on leave but d lady collected my phone, invaded my privacy n said i was going to look for job in d US n dat my friend was helping me with accommodation meanwhile we spoke abt apartment cos her family members will be around n my hubby would be around too so that d house will not be crowded.
She actually cancelled my visa, refused entry n sent back home.
My question is can i re-apply, will i be given another visa and i hope dis won't affect my husband's entry into d US cos he's supposed to go sn for a movie premiere since he's an actor.

Pls reply asap. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by funkebold: 5:20pm On Sep 11, 2015
LagosNIV:

You need to contact the address regarding technical assistance that is provided on the application website.

Thanks for your reply, sorted already
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by yimiton(f): 12:01am On Sep 12, 2015
Dear Visa Officer,
In the process of paying for my family's visa fees on the GT Bank online Internet Banking Platform, I filled a payment form with my husband's details but mistakenly imputed my passport number instead of his.

I contacted the bank to rectify this error but the bank informed me that only the Visa office can make changes on payments already made.

I have made a fresh payment for my husband with his correct details and will like to use the payment with my passport number for myself. Would it be accepted?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mooretime: 12:45am On Sep 12, 2015
Dear VO,

I would like to know exactly what documents I should take with me to the U.S consulate in Dubai. Actually, I'm attending a conference in Portland, been in Dubai 4 years my resident visa have one year validity. Would they refer me back to Nigeria or can they grant the visa here in Dubai?

I'm also open to a broad view in respect to the above. I appreciate your kind assistance and your relentless efforts to help in time of need.

Thanks and God bless & renew your strength.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 12, 2015
Great Job VO

I'm legally married with a kids.

I have a refusal record with the US consulate.

A have another woman, though not legally married to her, she's pregnant and wants to give birth in the US. We have already made a budget of $30k for this.

She doesn't bear my surname, but I'm the sponsor and will definitely be included in her application.

Bearing in mind that I have a record with the consulate and my name will pop up on the system, hope this will not pose a problem if they find out her name is different from that of my legal wife, though she'll inform the VO we are not legally married but engaged.

Do you have any advice for us as we do not intend to lie to the VO?

And hope we won't look silly to the VO knowing fully well polygamous is not practised in the US.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by echeoluchi: 6:05pm On Sep 12, 2015
hello Visa Officer, thanks a whole lots, pls you mean we should mention that one have filed for Permanent Residency if we have ever applied for visa Lottery in the past? 2, my old passport got lost since 2007 with South African visa in it, will i still state that i have traveled before without having anything to show for it or should i just keep it off from my form? because the E-passport i have now doesn't even have Togo visa let alone Ghana visa in it, so i have got no travel history in my new passport LOL thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by gbengaolo: 9:03pm On Sep 13, 2015
Dear V O
Please we are using a surrogate because we have been trying to have a baby for about 15 year.
We will like the lady to give birth in Atlanta and we have already contacted a Lawyer in Atlanta who is helping us with the legal part.
We will like to know the procedure of obtaining a visa for the surrogate.
All Doctor and Hospital bills have been paid and we also have a receipt of paid accommodation. We also have the bank statement that can show that we can afford it.Myself and my wife have US visa as we have been to USA couple of times. We only need a visa for the surrogate.The surrogate is a mother to 2 children and she also have a business here to show that she will be returning after Birth
We will appreciate it if you can help as we will like to know if we can actual apply for a visa for the surrogate and how to go about it.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
Thanks VO

I'm going for a conference scheduled between the 19th- 22nd of October. Should my interview date of 23rd September be cancelled by the embassy due to public holiday (which they are yet to do as of today), what should I do? How do I rescheduled for an emergency interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:47am On Sep 14, 2015
CoolPrinceLaddy:
Good Day VO,

I once used my hotmail address to book appointment in 2010 but the mail is no longer accessible. I reset the password which was successful but couldnt still access the mail address. I want to book an appointment for interview and a temporary password was sent to the hotmail address. kindly advise on a way forward to enable me book appointment as the system still recognize my hotmail address.

Hello CoolPrinceLaddy,

Sounds like a question for our call center: +234 414 40 62 18 or email at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:49am On Sep 14, 2015
afembaba:
Sir I am a home maker and my hubby is sponsoring our trip, do I still need to bring documents or my hubby is surpose to bring his documents? 14th is our interview

Hello afembaba,

It's a bit late for your answer but you are not required to have those documents with you for your interview. You are welcome to bring them but don't be disappointed if you're not asked to show them.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:51am On Sep 14, 2015
temyde:
Sir,
I travelled to d US with my B1/B2, 2yrs visa but was denied entry at d POE n d officer said i had wrong intent. I actually applied to go with my husband for an occassion in Apr but could not make it cos of my job (auditors were coming and as d accountant i had to stay back). I wanted to go for my friend's baby dedication n also vacation since i was on leave but d lady collected my phone, invaded my privacy n said i was going to look for job in d US n dat my friend was helping me with accommodation meanwhile we spoke abt apartment cos her family members will be around n my hubby would be around too so that d house will not be crowded.
She actually cancelled my visa, refused entry n sent back home.
My question is can i re-apply, will i be given another visa and i hope dis won't affect my husband's entry into d US cos he's supposed to go sn for a movie premiere since he's an actor.

Pls reply asap. Thanks

Hello temyde,

Without knowing the specifics of your case, it is not possible to judge whether or not you would be eligible for a visa in the future. For example, if you were found to have misrepresented your purpose of travel by Customs and Border Protection, you might have a PERMANENT ineligibility from receiving visas to the United States.

We don't give odds on the likelihood of receiving a visa to the United States. You are welcome to apply again, but I would strongly encourage you to wait for a period before doing so.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:52am On Sep 14, 2015
yimiton:
Dear Visa Officer,
In the process of paying for my family's visa fees on the GT Bank online Internet Banking Platform, I filled a payment form with my husband's details but mistakenly imputed my passport number instead of his.

I contacted the bank to rectify this error but the bank informed me that only the Visa office can make changes on payments already made.

I have made a fresh payment for my husband with his correct details and will like to use the payment with my passport number for myself. Would it be accepted?

Hello yimiton,

Our call center to the rescue: +234 414 40 62 18 or email at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:53am On Sep 14, 2015
mooretime:

Dear VO,

I would like to know exactly what documents I should take with me to the U.S consulate in Dubai. Actually, I'm attending a conference in Portland, been in Dubai 4 years my resident visa have one year validity. Would they refer me back to Nigeria or can they grant the visa here in Dubai?

I'm also open to a broad view in respect to the above. I appreciate your kind assistance and your relentless efforts to help in time of need.

Thanks and God bless & renew your strength.

Hello mooretime,

You may apply for a non-immigrant visa at any of our embassies or consulates around the world. You will need your passport and confirmation page. Consider reviewing their website for more information: http://dubai.usconsulate.gov/visas.html

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:55am On Sep 14, 2015
Great Job VO

I'm legally married with a kids.

I have a refusal record with the US consulate.

A have another woman, though not legally married to her, she's pregnant and wants to give birth in the US. We have already made a budget of $30k for this.

She doesn't bear my surname, but I'm the sponsor and will definitely be included in her application.

Bearing in mind that I have a record with the consulate and my name will pop up on the system, hope this will not pose a problem if they find out her name is different from that of my legal wife, though she'll inform the VO we are not legally married but engaged.

Do you have any advice for us as we do not intend to lie to the VO?

And hope we won't look silly to the VO knowing fully well polygamous is not practised in the US.

Hello,

Be truthful is our only advice. We don't coach people on how to interview wink

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:57am On Sep 14, 2015
echeoluchi:
hello Visa Officer, thanks a whole lots, pls you mean we should mention that one have filed for Permanent Residency if we have ever applied for visa Lottery in the past? 2, my old passport got lost since 2007 with South African visa in it, will i still state that i have traveled before without having anything to show for it or should i just keep it off from my form? because the E-passport i have now doesn't even have Togo visa let alone Ghana visa in it, so i have got no travel history in my new passport LOL thanks

Hello echeoluchi,

Applying for the Diversity Visa does not constitute applying for permanent residency, but if you are asked about it during the interview, be forthcoming with information. Our application requests you list travel for the last five years only. Bring what passports you have.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:01am On Sep 14, 2015
gbengaolo:
Dear V O
Please we are using a surrogate because we have been trying to have a baby for about 15 year.
We will like the lady to give birth in Atlanta and we have already contacted a Lawyer in Atlanta who is helping us with the legal part.
We will like to know the procedure of obtaining a visa for the surrogate.
All Doctor and Hospital bills have been paid and we also have a receipt of paid accommodation. We also have the bank statement that can show that we can afford it.Myself and my wife have US visa as we have been to USA couple of times. We only need a visa for the surrogate.The surrogate is a mother to 2 children and she also have a business here to show that she will be returning after Birth
We will appreciate it if you can help as we will like to know if we can actual apply for a visa for the surrogate and how to go about it.

Hello gbengaolo,

She would fall under B1/B2 visa category. I would encourage her to bring all the documentation for your situation with her to the interview.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Omote10: 8:51am On Sep 14, 2015
Good morning VO,

Thanks for your candid advice.

I need to take prerequisite courses for credit in 6 courses now to be able to apply for a Post-Bacc degree in Nursing in the US against September 2016. I can do this in a Univerdity extension school or a Community College Continuing Education Program, not mainstream or full time, but fast track. These courses are for credit, BUT do not lead to a degree; they simply help me to qualify to apply for a degree programme. Secondly, over a period of 4-5 months, I can take a maximum of 9 credit hours at a time(less than 12 credit hours). Application deadline for the degree program is March 1, 2016, and taking the prerequiste courses before application deadline gives me a competitive edge (says the Admission Director of my University of choice for the degree program).

I would be visiting the US between November and February (family visit). I wrote a school, and they said if I happen to be in the US I can take their classes, if my visa permits.I absolutely have no intention, whatsoever, to stay back in the US and convert a B1/B2 visa to an F1 visa. I know it is against the rules and would hurt my F1 application come August 2016.
My questions :
1. Will I be violating visa restrictions if I take these course while visiting?
2. If I have an option to take these courses online, will I be violating visa restrictions if I continue with the online courses while on this visit?
3. Is it relevant that I mention this during my interview?

Apologies if my mail is long, but I needed to make my intentions and itineraries clear.

Thanks for your patient and kind assistance
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:21pm On Sep 14, 2015
Ije004:

Thanks VO

I'm going for a conference scheduled between the 19th- 22nd of October. Should my interview date of 23rd September be cancelled by the embassy due to public holiday (which they are yet to do as of today), what should I do? How do I rescheduled for an emergency interview?

Hello Ije004,

Right now 23 September is a working day.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by CoolPrinceLaddy: 5:45pm On Sep 14, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello CoolPrinceLaddy,

Sounds like a question for our call center: +234 414 40 62 18 or email at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Dear VO,

I really appreciate your response as i have been attended to and issue resolved.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by afembaba(f): 6:55pm On Sep 14, 2015
We went for the interview in Lagos and was denied on the basis that she's not sure we are married. The lady just concluded on her own.for a man I knew since many secondary school days denial is not a problem,but how can she say we are not married without asking for prove anyways am gonna reaaply and put my uinterview in abuja
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by khar: 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2015
Hello sir,
First, I must commend you on the great job you're doing... Thank you very much.
My wife was at the embassy in Lagos last week with my son(dependant - 9years old) for an interview, unfortunately, my son was not interviewed, because the application only generated one barcode. She was given a new barcode for him before leaving and was told, she should schedule a fresh interview for him. She was granted a 2year visiting visa. We have been trying to schedule a fresh appointment for him, but its been quite impossible. Whenever, I get to the payment page, it keeps asking for my wife's payment receipt number, seeing the application as for 2 applicants.
Please how do I go about scheduling this fresh interview for him with the new barcode given?
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 2unxy: 10:25pm On Sep 14, 2015
Good day VO

I applied for a visiting visa in October 2014 but was denied visa because I had a fake stamp of another country on my passport (not USA). I did it because I was having a problem at my place of work but it the fact that it was fake was detected at the US embassy. The passport will expire Jan 2016.

How likely is it that I'll be banned from entering the USA?
please, what can be done to rectify the error because my office will be sending me for a training in USA next year April and they are not informed about my case with the embassy

If I get a renewed passport next year, will my
previous record with the USA embassy affect my
new reasons for traveling irrespective of my new
passport ?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by steryville(m): 3:09am On Sep 15, 2015
Dear VO,
Like to commend u for d great job ure doing here,more grace and strength..
I have a friend that is married to a lady residing in d US.she recently gave birth and he wants to go visiting.he has a good job and for now is not conceiving the idea of d wife filing for him.will it be possible for him to apply for a B1/B2 visa without being refused by a consular officer or told that it not d right visa type he is come for?
Look forward to ur reply.thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 15, 2015
Good morning abujaNIV and LagosNIV.

A quick question about dropbox.
I qualify based on the link you showed me, however I'm a bit confused because when I follow the instructions in the link it says that I print the page that says I qualify. But I've filled the visa application form and all I have is the confirmation page.

Do I just take that confirmation page,passport and payment receipt to DHL
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by temyde(f): 9:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello temyde,

Without knowing the specifics of your case, it is not possible to judge whether or not you would be eligible for a visa in the future. For example, if you were found to have misrepresented your purpose of travel by Customs and Border Protection, you might have a PERMANENT ineligibility from receiving visas to the United States.

We don't give odds on the likelihood of receiving a visa to the United States. You are welcome to apply again, but I would strongly encourage you to wait for a period before doing so.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Thanks so much for this info
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mooretime: 3:44am On Sep 16, 2015
Hello mooretime,

You may apply for a non-immigrant visa at any of our embassies or consulates around the world. You will need your passport and confirmation page. Consider reviewing their website for more information: http://dubai.usconsulate.gov/visas.html

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Dear VO,

Thank you so much... my questions are answered!

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.