Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,576 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818735 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:50am On Sep 16, 2015
Omote10:
Good morning VO,

Thanks for your candid advice.

I need to take prerequisite courses for credit in 6 courses now to be able to apply for a Post-Bacc degree in Nursing in the US against September 2016. I can do this in a Univerdity extension school or a Community College Continuing Education Program, not mainstream or full time, but fast track. These courses are for credit, BUT do not lead to a degree; they simply help me to qualify to apply for a degree programme. Secondly, over a period of 4-5 months, I can take a maximum of 9 credit hours at a time(less than 12 credit hours). Application deadline for the degree program is March 1, 2016, and taking the prerequiste courses before application deadline gives me a competitive edge (says the Admission Director of my University of choice for the degree program).

I would be visiting the US between November and February (family visit). I wrote a school, and they said if I happen to be in the US I can take their classes, if my visa permits.I absolutely have no intention, whatsoever, to stay back in the US and convert a B1/B2 visa to an F1 visa. I know it is against the rules and would hurt my F1 application come August 2016.
My questions :
1. Will I be violating visa restrictions if I take these course while visiting?
2. If I have an option to take these courses online, will I be violating visa restrictions if I continue with the online courses while on this visit?
3. Is it relevant that I mention this during my interview?

Apologies if my mail is long, but I needed to make my intentions and itineraries clear.

Thanks for your patient and kind assistance

Hello Omote10,

If you will be enrolling at a community college, you will need an F-1 visa and an I-20. If you are taking an entirely online course that does not require your presence in the United States, you do not need a visa for this purpose. I would strongly encourage you to mention this matter during your itnreview.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:51am On Sep 16, 2015
afembaba:
We went for the interview in Lagos and was denied on the basis that she's not sure we are married. The lady just concluded on her own.for a man I knew since many secondary school days denial is not a problem,but how can she say we are not married without asking for prove anyways am gonna reaaply and put my uinterview in abuja

Hello afembaba,

Is this a question?

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:52am On Sep 16, 2015
khar:
Hello sir,
First, I must commend you on the great job you're doing... Thank you very much.
My wife was at the embassy in Lagos last week with my son(dependant - 9years old) for an interview, unfortunately, my son was not interviewed, because the application only generated one barcode. She was given a new barcode for him before leaving and was told, she should schedule a fresh interview for him. She was granted a 2year visiting visa. We have been trying to schedule a fresh appointment for him, but its been quite impossible. Whenever, I get to the payment page, it keeps asking for my wife's payment receipt number, seeing the application as for 2 applicants.
Please how do I go about scheduling this fresh interview for him with the new barcode given?
Thank you.

Hello khar,

Quick reminder that consular officers are not responsible for setting up our appointments! Sounds like a question for our call center: +234 414 40 62 18 or email at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:57am On Sep 16, 2015
2unxy:
Good day VO

I applied for a visiting visa in October 2014 but was denied visa because I had a fake stamp of another country on my passport (not USA). I did it because I was having a problem at my place of work but it the fact that it was fake was detected at the US embassy. The passport will expire Jan 2016.

How likely is it that I'll be banned from entering the USA?
please, what can be done to rectify the error because my office will be sending me for a training in USA next year April and they are not informed about my case with the embassy

If I get a renewed passport next year, will my
previous record with the USA embassy affect my
new reasons for traveling irrespective of my new
passport ?

Hello 2unxy,

Fake visas are a serious offense. Every year, people are arrested for applying for visas at the US Embassy with fake stamps/foils in their passports.

You are lucky your poor choices did not land you in court.

If you were not informed that you had a permanent ban, then you are able to apply again. However, given how recent your refusal was, it might be in your interest to wait longer before applying again. Your record with the US Embassy is stored with us, not with your passport, so renewing your passport will not erase your mistakes.

We give each application a fresh set of eyes, but we also look at the bigger picture of who you are. As a reminder to all applicants: it is better to be truthful and just be refused today [i]but [/i]be eligible in the future than it is to lie/mislead and lose your credibility with our embassy or end up behind bars.

How can we trust you when we know in the past you had no qualms with lying to us?

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:59am On Sep 16, 2015
steryville:
Dear VO,
Like to commend u for d great job ure doing here,more grace and strength..
I have a friend that is married to a lady residing in d US.she recently gave birth and he wants to go visiting.he has a good job and for now is not conceiving the idea of d wife filing for him.will it be possible for him to apply for a B1/B2 visa without being refused by a consular officer or told that it not d right visa type he is come for?
Look forward to ur reply.thanks

Hello steryville,

Tell your friend to be truthful during his interview. If he is going for tourism, a B1/B2 visa is appropriate. We do not give odds on likelihood of issuance.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kino47: 9:42am On Sep 16, 2015
Hello VO
Please how do i retrieve my information on my old application online, i will like to renew but i cant remember some answers on the form is there away i can retrieve them or what do i do in this case.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 16, 2015
salsera:
Good morning abujaNIV and LagosNIV.

A quick question about dropbox.
I qualify based on the link you showed me, however I'm a bit confused because when I follow the instructions in the link it says that I print the page that says I qualify. But I've filled the visa application form and all I have is the confirmation page.

Do I just take that confirmation page,passport and payment receipt to DHL
Hello abujaniv
Could you please confirm this.
The link for dropbox modalities says something about printing of a page that confirms you are eligible. I didn't see that so I'm a bit confused
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by KUNZEEL01: 12:48pm On Sep 16, 2015
Hello abujaniv,

My wife was denied B2 visa today. Can she re-apply immediately as she is meant to be in US by Nov 18th.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2015
salsera:
Good morning abujaNIV and LagosNIV.

A quick question about dropbox.
I qualify based on the link you showed me, however I'm a bit confused because when I follow the instructions in the link it says that I print the page that says I qualify. But I've filled the visa application form and all I have is the confirmation page.

Do I just take that confirmation page,passport and payment receipt to DHL

Hello salsera and kino47,

Firstly, calm yourself.

Secondly, your confirmation page, dropbox confirmation letter, passport, and receipt are what you need.

You can always reach out to our call center: +234 414 40 62 18 or email at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:31pm On Sep 16, 2015
KUNZEEL01:
Hello abujaniv,

My wife was denied B2 visa today. Can she re-apply immediately as she is meant to be in US by Nov 18th.
Thank you

Hello Kunzeel01,

She may apply immediately but unless her circumstances have significantly changed, it is unlikely the adjudication will.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
@abujaniv

Lol, I'm calm no worries thanks grin
Its the dropbox confirmation letter that I don't know how to get. Not sure I missed a step somewhere
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kino47: 10:01am On Sep 17, 2015
@abujaniv
I was thinking maybe i can get some info on the form that i filled from my last application , can i retrieve some of the info that i cant remember on the form.the silly thing is i did not save them.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
kino47:
@abujaniv
I was thinking maybe i can get some info on the form that i filled from my last application , can i retrieve some of the info that i cant remember on the form.the silly thing is i did not save them.

Hello kino47,

Alas, we do not handle this step in the process. Best bet is to reach out to the call center +234 414 40 62 18 or email at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Dovent: 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
Hello VO,
Kindly advise. I discovered I made a mistake on my month of birth when I filled my ds 160 form after I have already scheduled my appointment. I filled another ds 160 form and corrected my error and generated a new confirmation code. I tried to book a new appointment, it is the old confirmation code that is showing on my appointment confirmation page, pls how do I ensure that the new confirmation code of my ds form is showing on the appointment confirmation page.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bodescous: 6:51am On Sep 18, 2015
Hi VO, I am currently under the immigrants petition filling and at the NVC stage but I have a close friend that wants to do his wedding in Texas in a couple of months. We have been friends from childhood and would love to be present when he ties the knot as he was present at my own wedding too. My question goes thus :What are my chances of obtaining the visa and hope it will not have effect on my pending immigrant visa. I have finances to support myself for the journey as I have a suitable job here in Nigeria. Thanks u.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:50am On Sep 18, 2015
Dovent:
Hello VO,
Kindly advise. I discovered I made a mistake on my month of birth when I filled my ds 160 form after I have already scheduled my appointment. I filled another ds 160 form and corrected my error and generated a new confirmation code. I tried to book a new appointment, it is the old confirmation code that is showing on my appointment confirmation page, pls how do I ensure that the new confirmation code of my ds form is showing on the appointment confirmation page.

Hello Dovent,

As we mentioned earlier, we do not handle this stage of the process. Best bet is to reach out to the call center +234 414 40 62 18 or email at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:52am On Sep 18, 2015
bodescous:
Hi VO, I am currently under the immigrants petition filling and at the NVC stage but I have a close friend that wants to do his wedding in Texas in a couple of months. We have been friends from childhood and would love to be present when he ties the knot as he was present at my own wedding too. My question goes thus :What are my chances of obtaining the visa and hope it will not have effect on my pending immigrant visa. I have finances to support myself for the journey as I have a suitable job here in Nigeria. Thanks u.

Hello bodescous,

We are not a shady gambling estabishment! We do not give odds on the likelihood of receiving visas! You are welcome to apply smiley

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by richardquest: 11:51am On Sep 18, 2015
Hi VO
I have a 2yrs b1/b2 visa which i used last year the year it was issued i travel to Florida with it which was my destination as at last year am planning another trip this year can i visit other states or must it be Florida.

S
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
richardquest:
Hi VO
I have a 2yrs b1/b2 visa which i used last year the year it was issued i travel to Florida with it which was my destination as at last year am planning another trip this year can i visit other states or must it be Florida.

S

Hello richardquest,

You are welcome in all 50 states (and the District of Columbia!) with your multi-entry B1/B2 visa.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tanzii: 3:44pm On Sep 18, 2015
Dear Abuja NIV
I am applying for an F-1 visa. Iwanna confirm if its okay to combine a government scholarship and a Parents sponsorship?
In others words use a letter from the government and a statement of account of a parent-sponsor
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by favoredgal: 8:09am On Sep 19, 2015
Hello,

Quick enquiry.
My husband & I applied for drop box together

His visa has been issued, mine is still showing ready and has not been update for over a week now

Any indication why?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by japjondo: 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2015
Hello visa officer,i really commend your job in this forum.May God continue to protect you.I was at your abuja embassy on monday for a 9:30am appointment,here is the scenerio that unfold itself between your collegue(at cubicle cool and i
VO: Where is your form i94?
ME: Pardon? (at this time,he was yet to even receive my passport with the confirmation page,i was the one stretching them to him)
VO: Sorry, where is your authorization card,i mean,the card that allow you to work on the aircraft?(at this time,he's handling both my passport and confirmation page)
ME: It's not here with me(although,my ID card is hung on my neck)
VO: Busy typing........
VO: Your qualification?
ME: B.Eng in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
VO: Type a bit,then came up with green paper,sorry you visa cannot be approved this time.......
ME: Thanks!

The bashing i received from my boss when i got back to the office on monday concerning my visa denial is still all over me till now,and i can understand because,my company had paid all the necessary fees for the conference am going for including hotel reservation,that's why am here to ask questions. Pls,what does all i typed above gat to do with my interview?,Since i have my ID card visible with me,which am very sure he sees it,what is the important of my authorization card he's asking from me?, am i there at the embassy for a job interview?He did not bother to even open my ds form using the confirmation bar code before start asking irrelevant questions.Questions that has nothing to do with my mission of going to the USA.I never expected that from him because he's old enough to display such act,he was in cubicle 8 on monday.Pass this to him if you can.Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Yjc07: 9:18pm On Sep 19, 2015
Dear VO,
if I asked to come drop off my passport after administrative processing was concluded,my question is do I need to take any documents along,even if they did not request for any document.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 21, 2015
tanzii:
Dear Abuja NIV
I am applying for an F-1 visa. Iwanna confirm if its okay to combine a government scholarship and a Parents sponsorship?
In others words use a letter from the government and a statement of account of a parent-sponsor

Hello tanzii,

Combining methods of paying for your schooling is perfectly acceptable - we just want to see that you understand the costs of schooling and are able to cover them.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 21, 2015
favoredgal:
Hello,

Quick enquiry.
My husband & I applied for drop box together

His visa has been issued, mine is still showing ready and has not been update for over a week now

Any indication why?

Thanks

You will have to contact the Embassy or Consulate directly to get more information on a specific case.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 21, 2015
japjondo:
Hello visa officer,i really commend your job in this forum.May God continue to protect you.I was at your abuja embassy on monday for a 9:30am appointment,here is the scenerio that unfold itself between your collegue(at cubicle cool and i
VO: Where is your form i94?
ME: Pardon? (at this time,he was yet to even receive my passport with the confirmation page,i was the one stretching them to him)
VO: Sorry, where is your authorization card,i mean,the card that allow you to work on the aircraft?(at this time,he's handling both my passport and confirmation page)
ME: It's not here with me(although,my ID card is hung on my neck)
VO: Busy typing........
VO: Your qualification?
ME: B.Eng in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
VO: Type a bit,then came up with green paper,sorry you visa cannot be approved this time.......
ME: Thanks!

The bashing i received from my boss when i got back to the office on monday concerning my visa denial is still all over me till now,and i can understand because,my company had paid all the necessary fees for the conference am going for including hotel reservation,that's why am here to ask questions. Pls,what does all i typed above gat to do with my interview?,Since i have my ID card visible with me,which am very sure he sees it,what is the important of my authorization card he's asking from me?, am i there at the embassy for a job interview?He did not bother to even open my ds form using the confirmation bar code before start asking irrelevant questions.Questions that has nothing to do with my mission of going to the USA.I never expected that from him because he's old enough to display such act,he was in cubicle 8 on monday.Pass this to him if you can.Thanks

We're sorry that you had a bad experience, but the reality is that visa applicants often recall events much differently than they occurred (we know this because we read Nairaland transcripts). There is also a significant amount of information that one conveys without even speaking that is not included in your transcript. If you feel that you are truly qualified, then you can re-apply at any time.

That being said,it's unclear why you were travelling to the US, or even under which visa class you were applying under. Each class has a different requirement so make sure you review them carefully before your interview to ensure that you have all of the required paperwork.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 21, 2015
Yjc07:
Dear VO,
if I asked to come drop off my passport after administrative processing was concluded,my question is do I need to take any documents along,even if they did not request for any document.

Unless you were asked for documents, you don't need to submit any documents.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ski14: 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2015
Hello Vo,

Good Afternoon, my Mom is going for her interview this weekend. My Sister that's a citizen sent her an invite so that she could come witness the birth of her child. I wanted to confirm if she needs supporting document(s). I'm eagerly waiting for a reply

Warm regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Emmanuelson(m): 12:22am On Sep 22, 2015
hello Vo,

good morning,im 22 and will graduate from university in Nigeria by december 2015 and i plan to start my masters as soon as possible in 2016 in the US...that means i wont be going for the Nysc program as im eager to leave and start my masters.....my question is : can i get the visa when i come for interview at the embassy without going for the nysc program
Also, my mum currently lives in the US after winning the visa lottery in 2011 with my name as a beneficiary....what are my chances of getting a non immigrant visa when my name is already listed with the immigrant visa(the beneficiary from my mum's lottery win)..

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.