Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,603 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818242 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by danowena: 5:39am On Nov 15, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello Danowena,

Listing the passport book number is not a requirement. The passport number will suffice.

Regards,

Abuja NIV Team

Thank you so much. This is so much appreciated.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fideco: 8:33am On Nov 15, 2015
Hello VO,

Please I still need to be clear on this:
A 20yrs old girl who is applying for tourist and her father is paying for the trip. She is still a student in a Nigerian polytechnic.
What necessary documents are required of her to come along to the interview (just incase: Like documents for her school or statement of account of the father).

Thanks,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Emmanuelson(m): 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2015
Hello VO,

My mom have been living in usa since 2011(after winning the visa lottery)..she wants to file for me (I'm 22 and will be 23 march 2016) but I have few questions...

1..how long will the filing process take?

2..how long before I will be called for interview cos I learnt it takes long time for someone over the age of 18(not sure if it's true)

3..if the process will take longer than expected what other legal way can she take to get me there with her..

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kejjie: 8:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
Hello,pls I need an advice.i've denied three times but now i'm pregnant with my second baby and I plan to give birth in the u.s with my my brother being the sponsor. I want if it's possible for me to get the visa or will VO raise an eyebrow cause i'm being sponsored by my brother?
Note: i'm a civil servant,been working for 5years and still counting,married as well and has a daughter,travelled as well,just don't know why i'm being denied. Pls advice from the VOS and all.thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 16, 2015
fideco:
Hello VO,

Please I still need to be clear on this:
A 20yrs old girl who is applying for tourist and her father is paying for the trip. She is still a student in a Nigerian polytechnic.
What necessary documents are required of her to come along to the interview (just incase: Like documents for her school or statement of account of the father).

Thanks,

This issue has been addressed many times. Please read through our previous responses. The documents that she needs are no different from the documents that any other tourist would need.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 16, 2015
Emmanuelson:
Hello VO,

My mom have been living in usa since 2011(after winning the visa lottery)..she wants to file for me (I'm 22 and will be 23 march 2016) but I have few questions...

1..how long will the filing process take?

2..how long before I will be called for interview cos I learnt it takes long time for someone over the age of 18(not sure if it's true)

3..if the process will take longer than expected what other legal way can she take to get me there with her..

Thanks

This is am immigrant visa question. Please review the available documentation on the immigration process at http://travel.state.gov/ and if you still have questions direct them to the thread on immigrant visas here: https://www.nairaland.com/2669622/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 16, 2015
kejjie:
Hello,pls I need an advice.i've denied three times but now i'm pregnant with my second baby and I plan to give birth in the u.s with my my brother being the sponsor. I want if it's possible for me to get the visa or will VO raise an eyebrow cause i'm being sponsored by my brother?
Note: i'm a civil servant,been working for 5years and still counting,married as well and has a daughter,travelled as well,just don't know why i'm being denied. Pls advice from the VOS and all.thank you.

If you have already been denied three times, especially in a short period of time, it is unlikely that you will receive a different answer unless something significant changes. Being sponsored by your brother will not necessarily help your case, but you are welcome to reapply to see if this, for some reason, is substantial enough to render a different decision.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by gogochocolate: 10:36am On Nov 16, 2015
Hello Sir,

I and my family are landed immigrants in Canada,We returned back to Nigeria and we are planning to relocate finally to Canada late next year. My wife is currently pregnant and she is due to transit via USA to Canada to deliver next year March. I would like to know if she can apply for either a visiting or transit visa to the USA considering her current condition. She was refused a USA visa some years back because the officer was not convinced that she was not intending to migrate. She has her Canadian Permanent residence Card and COPR. Kindly advise on if she can go ahead and apply.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kejjie: 11:14am On Nov 16, 2015
Thank you Lagos VO for your response,really appreciate. My 1st two (2) denial was in 2012,then I was still single while the last denial was in September this year,though I applied with my daughter alone. The VO asked me i'm travelling with my husband and I said,i don't know maybe I denied because of that or not. The truth of the matter is my husband 's passport has expired since February and he refused to get another one,i can't force to travel if he doesn't want to. Waiting for the 90days to lapse before I re-apply.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 16, 2015
gogochocolate:
Hello Sir,

I and my family are landed immigrants in Canada,We returned back to Nigeria and we are planning to relocate finally to Canada late next year. My wife is currently pregnant and she is due to transit via USA to Canada to deliver next year March. I would like to know if she can apply for either a visiting or transit visa to the USA considering her current condition. She was refused a USA visa some years back because the officer was not convinced that she was not intending to migrate. She has her Canadian Permanent residence Card and COPR. Kindly advise on if she can go ahead and apply.

You haven't stated any reasons why your wife would not be able to apply for the visa. Whether or not she is approved at the time of the interview will depend on a number of factors.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by deboydebo: 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2015
Good day VO, here is my situation please help.
My Interview which is suppose to be on Thurs 12 Nov 2015 14H00 in Abuja was canceled on reaching there due to d fact dat system was down, i was given a yellow paper to come back on Friday 20th Nov 2015 10am, due to my work schedule i told them right there that i can make it on that 20th. Hence, they said i can come back d following Tuesday 24th Nov that i will b attended to. On resuming work 2day i notice i will b only free on Wednesday 25th Nov. My Qustion;
1. Do i need to call the embassy informing them that i will only b available on Wednesday and which contact number can i call d abuja embassy?
2. Are interviews done on Wednesdays? Will i be attended to if i just go on Wednesday?
Please, Help tanks!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 17, 2015
deboydebo:
Good day VO, here is my situation please help.
My Interview which is suppose to be on Thurs 12 Nov 2015 14H00 in Abuja was canceled on reaching there due to d fact dat system was down, i was given a yellow paper to come back on Friday 20th Nov 2015 10am, due to my work schedule i told them right there that i can make it on that 20th. Hence, they said i can come back d following Tuesday 24th Nov that i will b attended to. On resuming work 2day i notice i will b only free on Wednesday 25th Nov. My Qustion;
1. Do i need to call the embassy informing them that i will only b available on Wednesday and which contact number can i call d abuja embassy?
2. Are interviews done on Wednesdays? Will i be attended to if i just go on Wednesday?
Please, Help tanks!

The yellow sheet that you were given should have all of the information about when you can go in for appointments and how to contact the section that handles scheduling in Abuja.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by unibadan(m): 10:41am On Nov 17, 2015
I am filling DS-160 for visiting visa. My spouse surname is a compound name (Abiodun-Adedeji). When i type this in the space that request spouse surname, it takes me back and does not go to the next page. What do i do in this regards.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by danowena: 11:08am On Nov 17, 2015
Dear VO,
I planned for my wife and son (1yr) to spend 3 weeks in January with a family friend in the states. However, her appointment is for the last week in December which is when I will be offshore and as such cannot attend the interview with them. I do not plan to travel with them in January but plan to visit a different friend of mine in another state in April. I therefore put my appointment for January when I will be on rotation leave and thus can attend the interview. My fear is that this arrangement may raise unnecessary suspicions as to why we booked appointments separately, travelling on holidays separately and going to different states. I don't want to jeopardise the chances of my wife and kid obtaining the visa; would you suggest we apply as a family rather than separately in this case?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
unibadan:
I am filling DS-160 for visiting visa. My spouse surname is a compound name (Abiodun-Adedeji). When i type this in the space that request spouse surname, it takes me back and does not go to the next page. What do i do in this regards.

Thank you.

It sounds like you are having some kind of technical issue - review the page carefully as it will normally tell you why it isn't letting you advance. If the problem persists you will have to contact the technical support team through the information available on the application page.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
danowena:
Dear VO,
I planned for my wife and son (1yr) to spend 3 weeks in January with a family friend in the states. However, her appointment is for the last week in December which is when I will be offshore and as such cannot attend the interview with them. I do not plan to travel with them in January but plan to visit a different friend of mine in another state in April. I therefore put my appointment for January when I will be on rotation leave and thus can attend the interview. My fear is that this arrangement may raise unnecessary suspicions as to why we booked appointments separately, travelling on holidays separately and going to different states. I don't want to jeopardise the chances of my wife and kid obtaining the visa; would you suggest we apply as a family rather than separately in this case?

Thanks in advance for your response.

You are travelling separately, so why would it jeopardize your chances to state that you are travelling separately?
If this is the truth, then it is the story you should go with. Fabricating a story that you think the VO wants to hear is much more likely to jeopardize everyone's chances.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by danowena: 2:03pm On Nov 17, 2015
LagosNIV:

You are travelling separately, so why would it jeopardize your chances to state that you are travelling separately?
If this is the truth, then it is the story you should go with. Fabricating a story that you think the VO wants to hear is much more likely to jeopardize everyone's chances.
Thank you so much. Although I didn't mean we should say something that the VO wants to hear. What I meant is perhaps to arrange her travels in such a way that we can attend the interview together but state that we are travelling separately and to different states.
Your answer has killed any apprehension I have. Thank you so much.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by gogochocolate: 5:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
i guess i did not phrase my question well. She is not planning to put to birth in the USA. She merely wants to transit via the USA to Canada. She needs a transit visa to go through the USA to Canada even with her permanent Residency card.The part of Canada (Halifax, Nova Scotia) we plan to settle in is close to the USA and it much easier flying from Lagos to New York or New jersey and interconnecting to Halifax. She would have applied from Canada but we only went to activate the Permanent Residency Visa (During our Annual leave) and i barely worked for two weeks before coming back to Nigeria to resume my work. We had barely arrived Canada and did not want to start applying for a visa immediately when our profile was not strong yet. Is it possible for a pregnant women to get a transit visa to USA ? My fear is that she was rejected for USA visa the last time because she was pregnant. Her chat with the visa interviewer went well until he asked her if she was pregnant before denying her.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 5:39am On Nov 18, 2015
gogochocolate:
i guess i did not phrase my question well. She is not planning to put to birth in the USA. She merely wants to transit via the USA to Canada. She needs a transit visa to go through the USA to Canada even with her permanent Residency card.The part of Canada (Halifax, Nova Scotia) we plan to settle in is close to the USA and it much easier flying from Lagos to New York or New jersey and interconnecting to Halifax. She would have applied from Canada but we only went to activate the Permanent Residency Visa (During our Annual leave) and i barely worked for two weeks before coming back to Nigeria to resume my work. We had barely arrived Canada and did not want to start applying for a visa immediately when our profile was not strong yet. Is it possible for a pregnant women to get a transit visa to USA ? My fear is that she was rejected for USA visa the last time because she was pregnant. Her chat with the visa interviewer went well until he asked her if she was pregnant before denying her.

Again, there is no reason why she is unable to apply for a visa. Being eligible to apply, however, does not guarantee that a visa will be issued. Even if you are just transiting the U.S. you require a B1/B2 visa and will have to meet those requirements. C1/D visas are for transiting crew members (airline and seagoing vessel crews, for example).
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dvcrao67: 9:28am On Nov 18, 2015
Mr. VO

I need your advise for applying US B1/B2 Visa my case facts are as under:
I am an Indian national holding Indian passport. During the year 2000 i have applied for US visa while working with a software company and I got issued Visa for 6 Months with multiple entry. During the month of April 2000 I have visited US and granted 8 weeks of stay on my I-94 which ends on 08.7.2000. At that point of time my employer with whom I was working asked me to stay for few more weeks and he will ask the client to file for an extension of my visa. The Client of my employer took me to their attorney and got applied for my extension but it was rejected by the then INS. I was advised by the client of my then employer that since my visa is rejected I have been out of status by then so I should leave immediately but some of my friends said if I leave then I will be barred from entering the US for 10 years so I stayed. Later the Life Act 2001 is passed by the US Government giving a chance to the persons whoever overstayed they can apply for Green Card. So one of the Company in US applied for Green Card to me but unfortunately that company by the time my Green Card process started, has become defunct and had no business so my Green Card application is rejected. During the year 2005 May, I returned to India as I was not comfortable with the job I was doing illegally.

After returning back to India I decided to change my profession and started practicing as a Lawyer and by Gods grace I am comfortable with my job and my family. To improve the skills in my profession I decided to go to US again for attending a Seminar during the month of October, 2014 and after employing a Lawyer in US he informed me that I am still under 10 year ban but the way out is I can file a waiver to enter US if visa is granted. I have applied for US visa in the month of July, 2014 with all honesty but the Visa officer after seeing at my DS-160 I believe he told me that since I have stayed for 5 years he is not willing to issue visa or forward my waiver. My lawyer in US advised me to attend for second time and as per his advise I applied for the second time during the month of August, 2014 and a different visa office attended my application. The interview with the VO was as under:

Me : Good Morning with a little smile on face
VO : Good Morning
VO : pass on your passport Pls
Me : I passed on the passport
VO : while typing something in the computer asked me why do u want to go to US
Me : To attend a legal seminar
VO : Kept reading something on the computer and asked me "ohhh u were in US for how much time on your earlier visit"
Me : More than 180 days
VO : How many years ... u were in US for 5 years?
Me : Yes
VO : What did you do for 5 Years
Me : I was on pleasure trip ( that was the blunder i Made in the interview without even thinking no one can be on pleasure trip for that long time)
VO : Be honest Sir do you have a family there?
Me : ( I was confused and did't know what to do but cant take back my word pleasure trip) I am honest ( I decided my visa will be rejected any way)
VO : Typed something and gave me a form that says rejection on the ground of 214B and while handing over the form the VO said you will never be issued visa again.

My question is don't i never get a visa in future all my lifetime ? I am worried because my kids are planning to study in US now? Are my answers are recorded in the Visa system permanently?
What is the way out for getting a visa again to USA. Honestly I have no intention of immigrating to US now in any case.
Pls help me with your advise what do I have to do for getting a Visa for short term travel?

Hoping your response
Thanks
Rao
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by XceptionalBetty: 9:56am On Nov 18, 2015
Good morning VO,

Please I need clarification. My brother appeared for a nonimmigrant visa yesterday in Lagos. His visa application was denied. But the confusing part for me this morning was the update I saw on the https://cgifederal.secure.force.com website which states "Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate"

Please clarify this? Is this the normal message for everybody whether they are approved or denied.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
dvcrao67:
Mr. VO

I need your advise for applying US B1/B2 Visa my case facts are as under:
I am an Indian national holding Indian passport. During the year 2000 i have applied for US visa while working with a software company and I got issued Visa for 6 Months with multiple entry. During the month of April 2000 I have visited US and granted 8 weeks of stay on my I-94 which ends on 08.7.2000. At that point of time my employer with whom I was working asked me to stay for few more weeks and he will ask the client to file for an extension of my visa. The Client of my employer took me to their attorney and got applied for my extension but it was rejected by the then INS. I was advised by the client of my then employer that since my visa is rejected I have been out of status by then so I should leave immediately but some of my friends said if I leave then I will be barred from entering the US for 10 years so I stayed. Later the Life Act 2001 is passed by the US Government giving a chance to the persons whoever overstayed they can apply for Green Card. So one of the Company in US applied for Green Card to me but unfortunately that company by the time my Green Card process started, has become defunct and had no business so my Green Card application is rejected. During the year 2005 May, I returned to India as I was not comfortable with the job I was doing illegally.

After returning back to India I decided to change my profession and started practicing as a Lawyer and by Gods grace I am comfortable with my job and my family. To improve the skills in my profession I decided to go to US again for attending a Seminar during the month of October, 2014 and after employing a Lawyer in US he informed me that I am still under 10 year ban but the way out is I can file a waiver to enter US if visa is granted. I have applied for US visa in the month of July, 2014 with all honesty but the Visa officer after seeing at my DS-160 I believe he told me that since I have stayed for 5 years he is not willing to issue visa or forward my waiver. My lawyer in US advised me to attend for second time and as per his advise I applied for the second time during the month of August, 2014 and a different visa office attended my application. The interview with the VO was as under:

Me : Good Morning with a little smile on face
VO : Good Morning
VO : pass on your passport Pls
Me : I passed on the passport
VO : while typing something in the computer asked me why do u want to go to US
Me : To attend a legal seminar
VO : Kept reading something on the computer and asked me "ohhh u were in US for how much time on your earlier visit"
Me : More than 180 days
VO : How many years ... u were in US for 5 years?
Me : Yes
VO : What did you do for 5 Years
Me : I was on pleasure trip ( that was the blunder i Made in the interview without even thinking no one can be on pleasure trip for that long time)
VO : Be honest Sir do you have a family there?
Me : ( I was confused and did't know what to do but cant take back my word pleasure trip) I am honest ( I decided my visa will be rejected any way)
VO : Typed something and gave me a form that says rejection on the ground of 214B and while handing over the form the VO said you will never be issued visa again.

My question is don't i never get a visa in future all my lifetime ? I am worried because my kids are planning to study in US now? Are my answers are recorded in the Visa system permanently?
What is the way out for getting a visa again to USA. Honestly I have no intention of immigrating to US now in any case.
Pls help me with your advise what do I have to do for getting a Visa for short term travel?

Hoping your response
Thanks
Rao

You overstayed in the U.S. illegally. For years. That information will remain in the system forever.

Even after your ten-year ban expires you will have to overcome the presumption that you are an intending immigrant or someone who will break U.S. laws. I can't advise you on how to get a visa, but I would suggest that you evaluate your own case objectively to determine if you, as a VO, would let someone in a similar situation be issued a visa.

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 18, 2015
XceptionalBetty:
Good morning VO,

Please I need clarification. My brother appeared for a nonimmigrant visa yesterday in Lagos. His visa application was denied. But the confusing part for me this morning was the update I saw on the https://cgifederal.secure.force.com website which states "Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate"

Please clarify this? Is this the normal message for everybody whether they are approved or denied.

Thank you.

If he was denied and has his visa, don't worry about it. Sometimes there are delays in the system update.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by omotolani22(f): 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2015
Dear V.O,good afternoon. Thanks for a job well done here!! My question is this,can my uncle who is inviting me fill my ds160 form for me?I can read and write but he insisted on filling the form.pls clarify
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 5:47am On Nov 19, 2015
omotolani22:
Dear V.O,good afternoon. Thanks for a job well done here!! My question is this,can my uncle who is inviting me fill my ds160 form for me?I can read and write but he insisted on filling the form.pls clarify

You can get his help filling it out but I would not necessarily advise it. You are certifying that all of the information on the form is true. Under U.S. law (22 C.F.R. 41.103) you must electronically sign and submit your own application. If you know where you are going and why you are going there, there is no reason why you should need someone else to fill it out unless you are unable to read or unable to use a computer.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by unibadan(m): 8:19am On Nov 20, 2015
Dear VO,

The Ds 160 application is not allowing hyphenated names where name is to be filled. for instance, Adewole-Otun. But if I write Adewole Otun without the hyphen, it will accept it.

Adewole-Otun is what is inside my passport data page.

what do I do in this regards.

thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jenny12345: 10:54am On Nov 20, 2015
Pleae VO,
I have been trying to reschedule my interview after I was told I cannot be interviewed. reason being that the Barcode in appoitment letter does not correspond with the one in my application form.
The letter I was given reads: You do not have to pay further appointment fee. reschedule in two days time. Today is the second day and I am not able to get through with it. Reason: The System demands I key in the MRV No which I have done but its not accepting it.
question:

What do I do? Pay again? or fill another DS-160 form?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by richardquest: 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2015
Hello am about renewing and i really cant remember my dad's date of birth can i skip it as i cant remember what was used 2years ago
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dvcrao67: 2:10pm On Nov 20, 2015
Mr. VO

Thanks for your reply ....

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.