Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820935 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Emblem(m): 9:52pm On Nov 28, 2015
Hello VO,

I currently have a valid B1/B2 visa but planning to apply for an F1 visa. I am married with a kid (US citizen). I don't know whether to bring my wife to the US on her B1/B2 Visa and then change status to F2 when she gets to the US.

What if her F2 get rejected, would she still be able to come to US on her visitor visa or does her visitor visa gets rejected too? Kindly advise

Also, if i get denied F1 visa, what happens to my valid B1/B2 visa.?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mtimisola(m): 4:40pm On Nov 30, 2015
Good Day VO,

1. I plan to schedule my appointment in December 2015 for an Event that is taking place March 10, 2016 - March 24, 2016. Is that alright? I hope that wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

2. I was rejected visa on September 8, 2014 for obvious reasons, it was my first time and I unnecessarily nervous. Please I can't remember the log in details I used the last time I scheduled my appointment, Please will that be a problem?

Warm Regards!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:
Good Day Visa offcer.

What @omomuse23 meant was that "his/her friend was refused a visa and international passport returned at the end of the visa interview session, but when passport was tracked at ustravdocs with the passport number, this was the information they received (Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate)"
My colleague experienced same and we are billed to travel to the US in January for a training.
What does the bold signify?
Thank you and enjoy the weekend.

Hello FrontPageLawyer,

If someone is told they were refused in person, then they were refused. Regardless of what the system says, they were refused.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2015
KnowledgeIsPawa:
Hello
Thanks for a great job.
Someone was recently refused a US visa and handed a blue royal executive bond paper. She later discovered that the paper is actually blank. Was it intentional or did the Consular Officer inadvertently handout a blank paper, thinking that it contains text? I do have a lot of experience about visa application issues, having traveled widely but this one sure befuddles me.
Thanks.

Hello KnowledgeIsPawa,

Appears to be a mistake but you can reach out to the consulate/embassy if you want to verify the category of refusal.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:47pm On Nov 30, 2015
Emblem:
Hello VO,

I currently have a valid B1/B2 visa but planning to apply for an F1 visa. I am married with a kid (US citizen). I don't know whether to bring my wife to the US on her B1/B2 Visa and then change status to F2 when she gets to the US.

What if her F2 get rejected, would she still be able to come to US on her visitor visa or does her visitor visa gets rejected too? Kindly advise

Also, if i get denied F1 visa, what happens to my valid B1/B2 visa.?

Hello Emblem,

If they are going to live in the US while you do your degree then they need to apply for an F2 before traveling. If they are only planning on visiting you briefly, then a B1/B2 is fine. If her F2 is refused, it will not affect her B1/B2 unless underlying fraud is discovered during that interview.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2015
mtimisola:
Good Day VO,

1. I plan to schedule my appointment in December 2015 for an Event that is taking place March 10, 2016 - March 24, 2016. Is that alright? I hope that wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

2. I was rejected visa on September 8, 2014 for obvious reasons, it was my first time and I unnecessarily nervous. Please I can't remember the log in details I used the last time I scheduled my appointment, Please will that be a problem?

Warm Regards!

Hello mtimisola,

You should schedule an appointment as soon as you know you'll need to travel. Right now, our next available appointment is in January.

You should contact the call center regarding your login information.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Kikiyeun: 6:52pm On Nov 30, 2015
Good day officer, thank you for your time. I have had to renew my B1/B2 visa once, the second attempt I made, I was denied in oct and got my valid visa which was going to expire in january 2016 cancelled without prejudice on the ground that my intention to travel the last time was different from what I wrote while applying in my last renewal; meaning I had a baby during my second visit and she ask me to reapply and proof that my circumstance has changed since the last application. Even though I tried to explain why I did and i paid the bill, but she didn't listen. My reason for renewal is that I intended to travel with the baby I had in us, he is a year now, he has medical issue which the doctor here said we need a surgery but I didn't state it In my application because I didn't have any paper work,I only wanted to go, see his pediatrician and check the boy to certify that he does need the surgery but I didn't get the visa. we are scared of having the survey for the baby here, it has to do with his breathing. i have reapplied, i requested for a report from the doctor in nigeria and I have sent the report to his paediatician that attended to him when I had him in us and she said we should come over, she sent me a letter to the embassy and an estimated bill and we paid a deposit already. I tried getting an expidited date because my leave in d office was running since i thought i was travellng but was refused on the ground that my baby's case is not an emergency. My interview date is for Dec. 1; hope I won't be denied since I was denied the last time with the issue of contradicting intention, though I declared my intention clearly in this application that I am accompanying my sick baby. 2; do I have to go with my baby to the interview. 3;my husband is having his master degree in the us presently does he need to give me an introduction letter to the embassy because we are going to stay with him for the period and he his sponsoring the medical bill. 4; with my reason(that I want to accompany my sick son) now can be stated that my circumstance has changed or in what way can i say that my circumstance has changed. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Technocracy: 9:18pm On Nov 30, 2015
Goodday VO,I was invited to
united states by my childhood friend who is a
united states service man to attend his
wedding by second week of february,in the letter to me and for the embassy
he included he would bear all the cost for my trip
including the flight ticket to and fro,hotel
accomodation and ground transport. In view of
this do I need a good bank balance to convince
the consular officer of my return amongst other
documents such as employment and property,and however what evidences should I make available to prove to the consular officer I will return after the wedding
Pls I need ur valued advice
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ojlaurette: 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
Good day sir,
Got married this year and my husband and i have been invited to the USA . please i want to ask if we can apply for interview together and the process .
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:19pm On Dec 01, 2015
Kikiyeun:
Good day officer, thank you for your time. I have had to renew my B1/B2 visa once, the second attempt I made, I was denied in oct and got my valid visa which was going to expire in january 2016 cancelled without prejudice on the ground that my intention to travel the last time was different from what I wrote while applying in my last renewal; meaning I had a baby during my second visit and she ask me to reapply and proof that my circumstance has changed since the last application. Even though I tried to explain why I did and i paid the bill, but she didn't listen. My reason for renewal is that I intended to travel with the baby I had in us, he is a year now, he has medical issue which the doctor here said we need a surgery but I didn't state it In my application because I didn't have any paper work,I only wanted to go, see his pediatrician and check the boy to certify that he does need the surgery but I didn't get the visa. we are scared of having the survey for the baby here, it has to do with his breathing. i have reapplied, i requested for a report from the doctor in nigeria and I have sent the report to his paediatician that attended to him when I had him in us and she said we should come over, she sent me a letter to the embassy and an estimated bill and we paid a deposit already. I tried getting an expidited date because my leave in d office was running since i thought i was travellng but was refused on the ground that my baby's case is not an emergency. My interview date is for Dec. 1; hope I won't be denied since I was denied the last time with the issue of contradicting intention, though I declared my intention clearly in this application that I am accompanying my sick baby. 2; do I have to go with my baby to the interview. 3;my husband is having his master degree in the us presently does he need to give me an introduction letter to the embassy because we are going to stay with him for the period and he his sponsoring the medical bill. 4; with my reason(that I want to accompany my sick son) now can be stated that my circumstance has changed or in what way can i say that my circumstance has changed. Thanks

Hello Kikiyeun,

Sounds like you were dishonest and you are reaping their rewards of having permanently damaged your credibility with our government. As your interview has already happened, there is not much direction to give you. You lied, and you will have to deal with the consequences of that for the indefinite future. I hope the rest of Nairaland sees this as an example of why honesty is always the best policy.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2015
Technocracy:
Goodday VO,I was invited to
united states by my childhood friend who is a
united states service man to attend his
wedding by second week of february,in the letter to me and for the embassy
he included he would bear all the cost for my trip
including the flight ticket to and fro,hotel
accomodation and ground transport. In view of
this do I need a good bank balance to convince
the consular officer of my return amongst other
documents such as employment and property,and however what evidences should I make available to prove to the consular officer I will return after the wedding
Pls I need ur valued advice

Hello Technocracy,

Regardless of who is sponsoring your travels, you need to qualify for the visa. Bank documents are not required at your interview.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2015
ojlaurette:
Good day sir,
Got married this year and my husband and i have been invited to the USA . please i want to ask if we can apply for interview together and the process .
Thanks.

Hello ojlaurette,

You can apply togehter.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ogogad: 8:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by orimahspence: 10:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
Dear Vo

A friend want to know of he can get interview appointment on the first or second week of January before he proceed pay visa fee.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:48am On Dec 02, 2015
Ogogad:
Hello VO,

I applied to renew my visa with my family in October 17, 2015. My wife and kids had their visas approved but I got invited for an interview on 27th October, 2015 where I was handed a 221g letter and told my application was undergoing administrative processing.

I have since not heard from the consulate. Could you please assist with my status? The confirmation number is AA005FG4XC

Thanks

Hello Ogogad,

Please reach out to the consulate directly for a status check.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:19pm On Dec 02, 2015
orimahspence:
Dear Vo

A friend want to know of he can get interview appointment on the first or second week of January before he proceed pay visa fee.

Thanks

Hello orimahspence,

There are appointments available the second week of January.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mubarakopeyemi(m): 2:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
Dear VO
what can one do when it is not possible to enter the USA before the program Start date. For example If the person was granted visa in November and the program start date is Dec 10 and the person can't make it to US on December 10 due to one reason or the other. what can the person do to avoid issues?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:41pm On Dec 02, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:
Dear VO
what can one do when it is not possible to enter the USA before the program Start date. For example If the person was granted visa in November and the program start date is Dec 10 and the person can't make it to US on December 10 due to one reason or the other. what can the person do to avoid issues?

Hello mubarakopeyemi,

You have to be in the United States on or before the start date listed for your program. You cannot arrive more than 30 days before the start of your program. If you are going to be late, you must have an official letter from your school accepting/explaining your delay. If this is proven to be fraudulent at the border, you will be sent back to Nigeria on the next departing flight.

worry359, we can handle the questions from here. Thank you.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tolam08(m): 4:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
Dear VO,
My cousin who lives in USA has decided to invite me over there knowing that I can be granted 2years. Do I need to apply for a visa here and if yes what type of visa can I apply for and what are the necessary documents needed by me to process it all.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mubarakopeyemi(m): 4:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello mubarakopeyemi,

You have to be in the United States on or before the start date listed for your program. You cannot arrive more than 30 days before the start of your program. If you are going to be late, you must have an official letter from your school accepting/explaining your delay. If this is proven to be fraudulent at the border, you will be sent back to Nigeria on the next departing flight.

worry359, we can handle the questions from here. Thank you.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Alright Thanks for the response.
but that official letter from the school explaining/Accepting the delay would clear an individual from any issue due to late arrival at the POE. Right?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by pyx: 4:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
Good day VO, I appreciate you for a good job and timely response. My question, presently m in America on vacation without my family, I discover lot of fun n interesting places like six flags, aviation trainings centre etc. What is the procedure if I want my children to come with me in the next visit. My Visa will expire in July 2016
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by moyems(m): 4:58pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hello VO,

Thank you for all your assistance on nairaland. Please here is our case: over a month ago my self, wife and kid wanted to apply for visas but the first thing I did was to pay our fees and used the receipt to book an appointment. A week to our interview which was yesterday dec 1st, we filled our ds-160 forms and submitted. Later I found out that the barcodes were not going to appear the same so I notified helpdesk about this and was asked to send copies of our confirmation and passports which I did immediately. Days later they sent me a mail that my profile had been updated and everything was fine. Yesterday when we went for our 9:30am appointment my wife and kid were turned back on the ground that their barcodes did not match what they had. And that mine matched and I had an option to be interviewed or forfeit my interview if I wanted to go in as a family. On this ground I will have to pay another fee for my self while I reschedule appointment for my family. This got me demoralised even as I decided to go in for my interview. Obvious this affected my interview and I got refused.

Now I want to get another appointment date for my wife and kid but I do not know how to go about it. I sent an email to helpdesk yesterday but I am yet to get any response. Please how do I get this fixed for my wife and kid??

Yesterday was a very sad day for me, because we got to the consulate very early, my pregnant wife and kid stood the whole time for hours and when we got to that point they were turned back.

Well, I just want them to have an opportunity of being interviewed at the earliest time. I would appreciate your help.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MPVGoddess: 5:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
Any guidelines for dressing to a Visa Interview? In terms of do's and don't s?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sushiovabullies(f): 3:43am On Dec 03, 2015
Hello VO/CO,

Happy thanksgiving in arrears!

I am writing this on behalf of a friend who isn't on naira land, but is seriously worried sick and looking for a solution to her challenge (a technical one) in setting an appointment date via the website. Preemptively, I know that there is the unit in charge of this and we should probably escalate this to them but we have done so over and over and over and over again and it's becoming a slog quite frankly. I will just go ahead and paste a slightly edited (for privacy) email that she has sent repeatedly and even tried to ring the office with the phone lines as shown on the website, to no avail, so you could best understand the situation.

Good Morning, 

I am having issues scheduling my interview online.

I visited this link https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ to schedule an appointment. In other to do that, i created a profile with my email address (xyz@gmail.com) and selected a password. I currently cant recall the password so i clicked on the 'forgot password' link but i do not receive an email. 

I decided to create a new profile but after inputting necessary details, i'm informed that the information provided is tied to another profile "xyz@gmail.com "

Then i i noticed the space "xyz@gmail.com " instead of "xyz@gmail.com"

The summary is i would like to schedule an interview for January next year and would like to be informed on other alternatives to scheduling an interview.

Would appreciate a swift response to my complaint.

She intends to plan her trip against February-March, next year and has paid the non-refundable fees and its her first time going through this process (first application). Honestly, I am suprised that such little errors as negligent as a space at the end of an email address when filling out the registration forms on the site can be this intractable. undecided Is there something that can be done, please? cry

Maybe the technical guys could also find a way around this, especially if it is not originally intended to do this, so it doesn't give others a headache not especially, I imagine, having to deal with prevailing anxiety in anticipation of the interview. smiley Help, please.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 03, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello Ogogad,

Please reach out to the consulate directly for a status check.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

kindly be patient about the Administrative processing Required stuff, I was made to wait for 8 month, which the called me and I got the VISA, will be leaving for my education by January.. all u need is prayers
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:59am On Dec 03, 2015
tolam08:
Dear VO,
My cousin who lives in USA has decided to invite me over there knowing that I can be granted 2years. Do I need to apply for a visa here and if yes what type of visa can I apply for and what are the necessary documents needed by me to process it all.

Hello tolam08,

Sounds like you want a B1/B2 Buiness/Tourism visa. However, these are NOT two-year visas. These are valid for two years, but your time in the US cannot exceed six months (or less if not granted six months at the port of entry). Regardless of whether or not someone has invited you to the US, you must qualify independently for a visa. You need a passport and confirmation page for the interview.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:59am On Dec 03, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

Alright Thanks for the response.
but that official letter from the school explaining/Accepting the delay would clear an individual from any issue due to late arrival at the POE. Right?

We can't speak on behalf of Customs and Border Protection.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:00am On Dec 03, 2015
pyx:
Good day VO, I appreciate you for a good job and timely response. My question, presently m in America on vacation without my family, I discover lot of fun n interesting places like six flags, aviation trainings centre etc. What is the procedure if I want my children to come with me in the next visit. My Visa will expire in July 2016

Hello pyx,

Your kids would need to apply for visas just like everyone else.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:01am On Dec 03, 2015
moyems:
Hello VO,

Thank you for all your assistance on nairaland. Please here is our case: over a month ago my self, wife and kid wanted to apply for visas but the first thing I did was to pay our fees and used the receipt to book an appointment. A week to our interview which was yesterday dec 1st, we filled our ds-160 forms and submitted. Later I found out that the barcodes were not going to appear the same so I notified helpdesk about this and was asked to send copies of our confirmation and passports which I did immediately. Days later they sent me a mail that my profile had been updated and everything was fine. Yesterday when we went for our 9:30am appointment my wife and kid were turned back on the ground that their barcodes did not match what they had. And that mine matched and I had an option to be interviewed or forfeit my interview if I wanted to go in as a family. On this ground I will have to pay another fee for my self while I reschedule appointment for my family. This got me demoralised even as I decided to go in for my interview. Obvious this affected my interview and I got refused.

Now I want to get another appointment date for my wife and kid but I do not know how to go about it. I sent an email to helpdesk yesterday but I am yet to get any response. Please how do I get this fixed for my wife and kid??

Yesterday was a very sad day for me, because we got to the consulate very early, my pregnant wife and kid stood the whole time for hours and when we got to that point they were turned back.

Well, I just want them to have an opportunity of being interviewed at the earliest time. I would appreciate your help.

Thank you

Hello moyems,

Contacting the help desk is your best option. We cannot assist with technical issues. Contact +234 14 40 6218 or support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:02am On Dec 03, 2015
MPVGoddess:
Any guidelines for dressing to a Visa Interview? In terms of do's and don't s?

Hello MPVGoddess,

Put your best foot forward. There are no official guidelines. The content of your interview is more important than your attire.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: JemmyO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.