Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820619 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
faithh01:
Hello VO,

I need your advice on Administrative processing.I applied for a CHANGE OF STATUS from B1/B2 to F1 Status in Abuja and the Officer gave me a piece of paper stated that I will be contacted as soon as its ready,that i don't have to do anything on my part.it's been 11months now ,enlight me on what to do please .

The paper you received also provided instructions on how to contact the embassy if you hadn't heard anything within 90 days. You should send an e-mail to learn more about your specific case.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 16, 2016
vanagon:
Hello VO.
Kindly educate me.
Friend elder sister in America who is a citizen filled for her younger sister from Nigeria.
What are the documents that she will needs to take along with her international passport to the embassy cause a date in late February has been given to her
Be kind to help.
Thanks

This has been discussed on many occasions in this very thread. We recommend that you read through it fully for the response to your questions.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 16, 2016
bigfido:
Hello abujaniv,
My sister had her interview at Abuja on January 29th and her visa was approved but she was told to provide another passport because the information on the passport she used for the interview was blurring. She has since submitted her new passport via DHL as she was instructed since 2nd February but she's yet to get her visa and passport back. I don't know if it makes sense dropping passport number on a public forum so you can help verify what the issue is.
Thank you

You need to contact the embassy directly via e-mail regarding a specific case - We will not look into specific cases on this forum.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 16, 2016
shawno:
DEAR VO,
PLEASE I JUST WANT TO ASK, WHAT IS THE CURRENT DURATION OF US VISA FOR CONFERENCE .
I AM PLANNONG TO APPLY THIS MARCH . THANK YOU
SHAWN

B1/B2 visas are valid for up to 2 years.

Also, typing in all caps is like yelling at the person you are writing to, just so you know.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 16, 2016
ibrocoast:
Thanks for the good work so far.
I have an issue trying to upload picture for ma visa application for the past 1week but declining. I edited the passport picture to the requested size which is 600x600pixel yet, it is declining. Would there be any consequence if i submit the application without the picture.
Advise needed urgent.

If your photo is not accepted it may be because it does not meet other requirements (i.e. clarity, background, etc.) I recommend you read the instructions fully and submit with a photo to prevent any problems down the road.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 16, 2016
tubsontyanka:
Good Evening VO.I was at the USA embassy in 2005 though l was dined the visa .The immigration made mistake on my Nigerian passport in 2005 with my date of birth, l was told they will correct it anytime l come for renewal. Now l had the new e passport and l have travelled to SA and swazilland with the new passport that carries my real date of birth, same name though l did declaration of age before l could be issued a new passport. Now if l go to usa e now what are my chances of getting visa??. Thanks

We don't give 'chances' of getting a visa. Unless you were told that you are permanently ineligible, then you are free to reapply at any time. Be prepared to explain the differences in dates of birth.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 16, 2016
MrFabs:
Please VO kindly put help us out, I have a friend whom I introduced to this forum, but he he's yet to find a related convo to his issues here, he's currently a widow, but was at the embassy with his late wife in 2014 for a vacation and visit in Oregon but was denied, unfortunately he lost his wife last year during child birth which was so sad. When This friend of his heard the demise of his late wife he had to came in from Us to pay him a condolence visit which he was grateful considering how busy he is at his job in the states, so he,d like to visit his and his family to show his gratitude and spend some part of his leave there, he has a child who is in a boarding school here in Nigeria, please what are his chances now as a widower going to the states please, he has a better job at a reputable contruction company and travelling experience too. Thanks

As we have stated several times before, we don't give the odds on getting a visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
fideco:
Hello VO,

I have a very serious issue-
I started an application ds160 and i used the Application ID to schedule an appointment.
Now, I want to retrieve the application and continue the ds160 form and when i input the father's name and date of birth it says the information does not match.

Its been about 2weeks I scheduled the appointment and the appointment is on the 2nd march 2016.

I need urgent help with this Please!

It does not make sense that if you inputted the information that you can no longer recall the information. If you gave your documents to a visa agent - and it sounds like you probably did - there is a chance that they stole your receipt number and gave it to someone else. This is why we advise applicants to fill out their own information.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
bosypumpin:
Dear V.O, great job deserving of kudos here.

My mistakenly booked appointment before filling the DS 160 form. thus, the codes ( or confirmation thingy) differ.
I seek your sound counsel on way forward.
though, we had sent a mail to lagos NIV @state.gov and all the email addresses for issues regarding non immigrant visa. we are yet to hear from them.

Im an avid reader of the US thread and honestly, dont want to go over it backwards.
Pls help.
Thank you in advance

You need to contact the email for technical assistance on the site where you book the appointments. It doesn't, however, make sense that you were able to book a day with a different code unless you just made something up.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 16, 2016
feyilow:
Dear VO
I filled the Ds160 form stating Abuja Embassy as a preferred place of interview but mistakenly chose Lagos while filling booking appointment.At this time,i would actually prefer Lagos.Please i need your advise.Am scheduled for interview on 2nd of March
kind regards

The best you can hope for at this point is to reschedule your appointment. Contact the email for technical assistance on the appointment booking site.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 16, 2016
chuckdee13:
Hello AbujaNIV,

My company is sending me on a training in Houston. Please what are the documents peculiar to training that I need to carry along with me to the interview.

Thank you in advance.

Congratulations on having your company invest the time and money into sending you to training. I recommend you also invest some time and read through this thread in depth as this issue has been discussed on several occasions.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by feyilow: 3:31pm On Feb 16, 2016
Dear VO
I am yet to submit the Ds160 form online though because am yet to upload my picture.Is there still a way i can go about it?I filled the Ds160 form stating Abuja Embassy as a preferred place of interview but mistakenly chose Lagos while filling booking appointment.booking confirmation has been sent to me via email.At this time,i would actually prefer Lagos.Please i need your advise.Am scheduled for interview on 2nd of March.
Can i still rectify the location from Abuja to Lagos after uploading my pictures?
Kind regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 16, 2016
feyilow:
Dear VO
I am yet to submit the Ds160 form online though because am yet to upload my picture.Is there still a way i can go about it?I filled the Ds160 form stating Abuja Embassy as a preferred place of interview but mistakenly chose Lagos while filling booking appointment.booking confirmation has been sent to me via email.At this time,i would actually prefer Lagos.Please i need your advise.Am scheduled for interview on 2nd of March.
Can i still rectify the location from Abuja to Lagos after uploading my pictures?
Kind regards

I've already responded to your question. You need to contact technical assistance if you are trying to reschedule at this point.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ptassystems: 3:50pm On Feb 16, 2016
ptassystems:
Please vo, I am a student here in India, my resident permit expires next year April. My uncle (mum's elder brother)brother is sending me an invitation to visit him in the united states. What are the possible chances I have to get the visa or should I better still come home to get the visa?
Thanks

Please go, reply mine
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bosypumpin: 5:06pm On Feb 16, 2016
.... law abiding Nigerian........
typo
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by chuckdee13(m): 11:16pm On Feb 16, 2016
Thank you very much...I'll do just that.
LagosNIV:

Congratulations on having your company invest the time and money into sending you to training. I recommend you also invest some time and read through this thread in depth as this issue has been discussed on several occasions.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by emmanjo: 1:00am On Feb 17, 2016
Kudos for havings such a platform as this.

I seek clarification on the below:
My wife and I plan to apply for a B1/B2 visa for the purpose of childbirth. However, my passport will expire in November, and I can't renew yet (since it's not yet 6 months to expiration). I also do not want my wife to apply 'too late' (all in the name of waiting for my passport to be renewed) - I fear eligibility to apply when she's heavily pregnant may affect her chances of getting a visa.How best can we go about this?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:08am On Feb 17, 2016
Dear VO,

i filled the ds160 form and submitted and scheduled an appointment and it just occured to me i didnt upload my passport. Pls sir, how can i go about this?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by topeajis(m): 2:55am On Feb 17, 2016
Good morning, thanks for the good work here I have questions regarding my application as I want to apply for a visit visa but presently I study and work in germany but will be in nigeria next month and will like to apply for the visa in nigeria, my question can I present my account statement in euros? Thanks in anticipation
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 17, 2016
emmanjo:

My wife and I plan to apply for a B1/B2 visa for the purpose of childbirth. However, my passport will expire in November, and I can't renew yet (since it's not yet 6 months to expiration). I also do not want my wife to apply 'too late' (all in the name of waiting for my passport to be renewed) - I fear eligibility to apply when she's heavily pregnant may affect her chances of getting a visa.How best can we go about this?

Thanks.

Pregnancy is not an ineligibility for the B1/B2 visa.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 17, 2016
ptassystems:

Please go, reply mine

Hmmmm, it seems that you have trouble understanding what has already been stated on this post. Please allow me to repeat.

"As we have stated several times before, we don't give the odds on getting a visa."
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 17, 2016
gboyegz:
Dear VO,

i filled the ds160 form and submitted and scheduled an appointment and it just occured to me i didnt upload my passport. Pls sir, how can i go about this?

For more information about changing the application once you have submitted you need to contact technical support.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:01am On Feb 17, 2016
topeajis:
Good morning, thanks for the good work here I have questions regarding my application as I want to apply for a visit visa but presently I study and work in germany but will be in nigeria next month and will like to apply for the visa in nigeria, my question can I present my account statement in euros? Thanks in anticipation

Sure, if your account is in Euros wouldn't you just be forging information to provide us with anything else?

Account statements aren't required anyways.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 17, 2016
Was told to make a new application. Thanks.

LagosNIV:

For more information about changing the application once you have submitted you need to contact technical support.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by emmanjo: 10:29am On Feb 17, 2016
emmanjo:

Thanks.

Thanks for the brief.

Better put:
Do I have to wait until I have a renewed passport in order to apply or I could just go ahead? Kindly advice.
Is there an officially estimated range of money one should have in account for the purpose of child birth?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by topeajis(m): 10:42am On Feb 17, 2016
LagosNIV:

Sure, if your account is in Euros wouldn't you just be forging information to provide us with anything else?

Account statements aren't required anyways.

Yah am planning to provide more information on my foreign status like
My Visa abroad
My work permit and work contract
My student I'D card and my school transcript.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 17, 2016
emmanjo:

Thanks for the brief.

Better put:
Do I have to wait until I have a renewed passport in order to apply or I could just go ahead? Kindly advice.
Is there an officially estimated range of money one should have in account for the purpose of child birth?

Thanks.

You can apply and then have your passport information updated at the time of the interview.
There are no estimated ranges - you should contact a hospital and have an actual plan though. Once you begin corresponding with the hospital they will provide you price estimates for everything.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by emmanjo: 1:00pm On Feb 17, 2016
LagosNIV:

You can apply and then have your passport information updated at the time of the interview.
There are no estimated ranges - you should contact a hospital and have an actual plan though. Once you begin corresponding with the hospital they will provide you price estimates for everything.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by anselmvictor(m): 1:52pm On Feb 17, 2016
Hello VO,

I was denied a Business visa twice in 2014.

Me; Hi, Good morning
VO; What are you going to do in the US
Me; I’m going for a Health & Safety training
VO; What kind of training
Me; A newly appointed HSE Officer in my company’s US office needs me to put him through in HSE issues in the Group
VO; Okay. What does your company do?
Me; We offer various services to the some Oil Companies
VO; Nodded and said okay with a smile. Have you travelled before (flips through my passport)
Me; No, I haven’t had any reason to
VO; But why does someone in Nigeria has to go train someone in the US (straight face*)
Me; Yes, because he is newly appointed and needs to understand the HSE system in the group however, he can always go for Basic HSE training in the US
VO; Nodded and smiles *** typing vigorously
Then Lastly,
VO; Are you married
Me; No

VO then handed over my passport and the denial letter saying
Sorry, it’s unfortunate I cannot approve your visa at this time.

Please VO, could you advise on what I CAN DO in my next application. This time it's for vacation as I didn't show interest when again, my company wanted to send me to train a new staff. Instead they invited him to Lagos from Houston.

The second interview lasted for less than 30seconds.
The VO asked what has changed and before I could speak she handed me the Whyt denial letter and screamed, NEXT!

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by davido05: 2:46pm On Feb 17, 2016
Good afternoon VO. Please sir I have just few questions. 1, I got i-20 to study @ victory bible college. I was denied visa last year october can I reapply? And secondary will it be better going with a scholarship from my church because dey are ready to offer me scholarship. And will I also need church bank statement and my parent bank statement? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 17, 2016
anselmvictor:
Hello VO,

I was denied a Business visa twice in 2014.

Me; Hi, Good morning
VO; What are you going to do in the US
Me; I’m going for a Health & Safety training
VO; What kind of training
Me; A newly appointed HSE Officer in my company’s US office needs me to put him through in HSE issues in the Group
VO; Okay. What does your company do?
Me; We offer various services to the some Oil Companies
VO; Nodded and said okay with a smile. Have you travelled before (flips through my passport)
Me; No, I haven’t had any reason to
VO; But why does someone in Nigeria has to go train someone in the US (straight face*)
Me; Yes, because he is newly appointed and needs to understand the HSE system in the group however, he can always go for Basic HSE training in the US
VO; Nodded and smiles *** typing vigorously
Then Lastly,
VO; Are you married
Me; No

VO then handed over my passport and the denial letter saying
Sorry, it’s unfortunate I cannot approve your visa at this time.

Please VO, could you advise on what I CAN DO in my next application. This time it's for vacation as I didn't show interest when again, my company wanted to send me to train a new staff. Instead they invited him to Lagos from Houston.

The second interview lasted for less than 30seconds.
The VO asked what has changed and before I could speak she handed me the Whyt denial letter and screamed, NEXT!

Thank you.

You could further establish your ties to Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.