Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey (18053 Views)

The Importance Of Studying The Word Of God (the Bible) / Muslims Proving Islam Is God's True Religion By Seeking The Bible: / Murder in the name of God - The slaying of Pope John Paul 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Orikinla(m): 3:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
torchwave: WEEKLY UPDATE

This past week has been really really challenging. Despite it all, I give thanks to God, especially, because I have found Him faithful. I see His invisble hands at work in my life.

I have been seeking God for over six months now. In the first week of the seventh month of seeking His Face, my determination has not waned nor dwindled.

Sometimes it seems I am just 'wasting' my time sitting in the Presence of God daily, for months now, hearing nothing but the pervading silence of the early morning hours. It really takes faith to continue though seconds stretch into days and days into months.

Faith

In a nutshell, that is what keeps me going. That is what began this journey and that is what will end this journey. Quitting is not an option because it suggests a lack of faith. Without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him - Hebrews 11:6. Besides, I am fullly persuaded that God will honour His Word that says 'seek and you shall find.'

Amen.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by crusader01(m): 3:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
Christmygoal: my brother, I feel compelled to talk 2 u on this issue. Every believer in Christ has/had a past like yours. Are u talking about paul, Peter, (the prophets:Moses,Isaiah,Jacob,Elijah etc)? All had ugly past that @ times made dem alone also. But the bible says "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" 2 Cor 5:17 (KJV). I want to assure you that if u sincerely confessed ur sin and accept Christ as ur personal Lord, saviour and Focus He won't let you down "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."I Jn 1:9 (KJV). God is looking earnestly for man and he always wonder why men to seek him . "16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him" Is 59:11 KJV "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls" Matt 11:28-29. He calls with open heart every moment.......if u feel lonely just trust that its a sign that u need someone to fill a space in your life.that space can only be filled by Jesus Christ. Invite his into your life and seek communion with him "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Rev 3:20KJV. One will definitely find God if he opens his heart in sincere prayers! One amazing thing about our God is that God is there right with you! All u need is 2 open your heart in prayer. Learn to pray, study the word and live life of purity through absolute obedience. If you really want to begin a sacred walk with God inbox me your email let me send you two books that will help your prayer life and commitment to God: 1. The kneeling Christian by unknown author 2. The practice of the presence of God by Lawrence they are all pdf copies....SHALOM
Thank you so much!
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 3:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
UjSizzle: What a breathe of fresh air smiley Sure dialogue with God is possible; even when i don't particularly look for it, i hear it. I think he's favourite medium with me is slipping the words into my consciousness very early in the morning, and other times through dreams--you know the kind that makes you come alert in nano seconds. Sometimes i get clear instructions, other times it's bible passages I'm supposed to decode, and the last one was humbling, i think i cried grin
On most occasions there is this inner nudge; it's quite easier to follow that one because it feels like an I'm an extension of something else.

God is always faithful even when we become faithless...this is the joy i find in serving him.
Knowing that even while i stray in stubbornness, God quietly waits and says "don't be stubborn like a mule that needs to be controlled with a bit and bridle. The only thing you'll find there is grief and i have much more to offer if you're willing to trust me".

I'm so glad I found this thread. Having faith and letting God Lord your life is really hard, but we than Him for grace smiley
Believe me, it is beautiful and refreshing to meet Christians who believe dialogue with God is not just possible but available to everyone who has made Christ his or her personal saviour, and I'm glad to meet you.

God is not looking for people who are perfect; He is looking for people who can be His friends, people who can see His heart throbbing with everlasting love for them, people He can tell His secrets as friends do - that is why He desires above any other thing to have a personal relationship with each of us.

I happily welcome you to the journey of a lifetime, the journey to see the Face of God.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
eldav: I never knew what i had till i lost it. I used to have encounters with God almost everyday. Infact i have heard his voice speak to me many times,i hv seen him appear to me (not physically) more than once. All these were on a platter of gold.

I never worked for it,He simply chose to show me such amount of grace,mercy and priviledge but i took it for granted. Now its like the communication link is off. Cant count how many songs He gave me while asleep,but for months i hvnt heard any which i can remember when i wake. I guess i have to work for His voice this time around,and i'm ready to go all the way cos His grace is forever sufficient unto me.

I bless God for His spirit who has been my comforter,and true to my saviour's words,He (Holy spirit) will never leave me but will abide with me forever.

More grace to us in Jesus name,Amen!
I think you are ok. I think you suddenly stopped talking to yourself and being delusional. You will be fine.

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by chrisviral(m): 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
Read and following the thread for sometime and I just left like I should comment with my questions...

Does God feel our emotions, like does he feel moved when I cry, does my tears move God because there are times when I needed just a hug from him but he never came or maybe I didn't know he came...

I saw where you wrote Negotiation with Work?
Like does that work, I have negotiated, begged, cried and asked, even tried bribing, sowing seed, evangelism just to show God I really need something... but lol, he never came...

I think there are just special people that will enjoy this closeness with God (that reminds me of Jacob I love, Essau I hate) probably some of us aren't worth his attention...
Or maybe I'm going about it wrongly.
Care to explain to me
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Teddybest: 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
You are what God says you are. Nothing can stop you, even God cannot stop and He wouldn't want to stop you, because what He says we are is what He wants us to become. I am afraid to tell you this but i just have to tell you any way that it is only you that can stop yourself. So i urge you not to give up, don't listen to what people are saying about your life because they can't define your life, it is only God that defines a man's life. So don't give in to their ways because you are what God says you are, but press through, press on, press in, until you enter that place God wants you to be by grace. Do not be sluggish, but be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises hebrews 6:12. I am fully persuaded that the righteous man can not end up in shame, it is absolutely impossible 2 timothy 1:12. I imploy you to be deligent in your service to God and have faith in Him, for without faith it is impossible to please God, for those who must come to Him must believe that He is a rewarder of those who deligently seek Him hebrew 11:6. Thank you, God bless you. See you in paradise.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 5:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
britnex: I love dis. Pls I really nid pple to help me in my spirirtual lyf, was very active in prayer and fasting bt since I married is very hard for me to pray@night nor to fast. I really luv communication wuth God am a living witness even my hubby was revealed to me 2 yrs before we married. I dnt know him nor have I seen him before bt God told me whom to marry and also did the same to him. This made us to immediately get married as we met. But now brethren to pray and have quite tym something I DESIRE with all my lyf is now difficult. Pls pray for me. Even if it means giving out my number so that some1 can always wake me up at nyt and we pray together offline at a particular tym I will appreciate it. Maybe torchwave u can plan towards dis if we can be upto 10pple to set aouselves apart to pray and fast I will lyk it.
Hello Britnex, it is great to hear your zeal, your desire for God, and your personal testimony of His reality in your life. Wonderful indeed.

I will give you a piece of advice concerning your desire to re-ignite your quiet time with God. My months of seeking God has taught me one thing which is to experiment and know what works for me. I used to wake around 3:00 am or 4:00am to seek God, but soon discovered 5:00 am is the best time considering other factors. Now my prayer time always begins around 5:00 am because it is just perfect for me.

Moreover, there are sacrifices required to maintain a consistent fellowship with God. Have you thought about going to bed early? It may be impossible or difficult because of the things you must attend to as a married person but give it a shot. If it doesn't work you can abandon it without regrets. Taking very light food or nothing before going to bed also helps in rousing you from sleep in the early morning hours in addition to keeping your senses alive or sharp during prayer.

Trust me, for many obvious reasons calling you won't help neither will group prayer by phone. Honestly, it is not feasible. A long time ago, I decided to stop relying on alarm to wake me every morning when it failed to produce the intended result over and over again. My recommended method is what I have been using for many many months now and will continue to use as it works 98% of the time. It works so much for me.

There is one thing I can do. I shall include you in my prayers. It is the least I can do.

One thing I do know which will also help you is the fact that God will meet you wherever and at any level you are. If you have a burning desire to know God, He will open doors for you to come to Him, doors you never knew existed. The desire and effort and prayer are all that matter.

God will see you through any challenge and give you the grace to know Him.

Remain blessed

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
damianberry: Am so glad to be here and what a wonderful place to be. Remember brethren,the journey is not for the swift and not for the strong but to those who hold on to the cross of salvation and ask Jesus Christ to see him/her through. Jesus Christ do speak to those who diligently seeks HIM...in fact,I never see a voice so sweet like the voice of our beloved God in my life....I pray you all have encounter with hearing from God directly (Amen)
Amen to that. Thanks for the encouraging words.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by crusader01(m): 6:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
Christmygoal: my brother, I feel compelled to talk 2 u on this issue. Every believer in Christ has/had a past like yours. Are u talking about paul, Peter, (the prophets:Moses,Isaiah,Jacob,Elijah etc)? All had ugly past that @ times made dem alone also. But the bible says "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" 2 Cor 5:17 (KJV). I want to assure you that if u sincerely confessed ur sin and accept Christ as ur personal Lord, saviour and Focus He won't let you down "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."I Jn 1:9 (KJV). God is looking earnestly for man and he always wonder why men to seek him . "16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him" Is 59:11 KJV "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls" Matt 11:28-29. He calls with open heart every moment.......if u feel lonely just trust that its a sign that u need someone to fill a space in your life.that space can only be filled by Jesus Christ. Invite his into your life and seek communion with him "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Rev 3:20KJV. One will definitely find God if he opens his heart in sincere prayers! One amazing thing about our God is that God is there right with you! All u need is 2 open your heart in prayer. Learn to pray, study the word and live life of purity through absolute obedience. If you really want to begin a sacred walk with God inbox me your email let me send you two books that will help your prayer life and commitment to God: 1. The kneeling Christian by unknown author 2. The practice of the presence of God by Lawrence they are all pdf copies....SHALOM

Thank you so much. Flyover234@gmail.com
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
torchwave: WEEKLY UPDATE

This past week has been really really challenging. Despite it all, I give thanks to God, especially, because I have found Him faithful. I see His invisble hands at work in my life.

I have been seeking God for over six months now. In the first week of the seventh month of seeking His Face, my determination has not waned nor dwindled.

Sometimes it seems I am just 'wasting' my time sitting in the Presence of God daily, for months now, hearing nothing but the pervading silence of the early morning hours. It really takes faith to continue though seconds stretch into days and days into months.

Faith

In a nutshell, that is what keeps me going. That is what began this journey and that is what will end this journey. Quitting is not an option because it suggests a lack of faith. Without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him - Hebrews 11:6. Besides, I am fullly persuaded that God will honour His Word that says 'seek and you shall find.'

God has answered your prayer. I felt led by the spirit to share this with you. See here ---> www.fathersheartministry.net/
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by chitokwe(f): 7:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
GodMode: There is no god... Only fools believe in something they cannot see, hear or feel.

Jesus saith unto him, Thomas,
because thou hast seen me, thou
hast believed: blessed are they
that have not seen, and yet have
believed.
John 20:29

3 Likes

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by chitokwe(f): 7:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
GodMode: There is no god... Only fools believe in something they cannot see, hear or feel.

Jesus saith unto him, Thomas,
because thou hast seen me, thou
hast believed: blessed are they
that have not seen, and yet have
believed.
John 20:29

2 Likes

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
torchwave:

The thread will go on until the purpose of its existence is achieved - talking with God face to face. Even after that, the thread will stay alive to help others who are interested in fellowshipping with God achieve the greatest thing in life - knowing God. All this by His grace and to the glory of God.

If your desire, like mine, is to know God intimately, to have daily fellowship with Him and reap the numerous spiritual and physical benefits of communing with the Holy Spirit, you are graciously welcome to my journey to see the Face of God.

My dear you can only see the face of God in heaven. See the below text:

Exodus 33: 17-23
Moses Sees God’s Glory

17  The LORD told Moses, “I’ll do the very thing that you have said, because you have found favor in my sight and I know you by name.”

18  Then Moses said, “Please show me your glory.”

19  God said, “I’ll cause all my goodness to pass before you, and I’ll proclaim the name ‘the LORD’ before you. I’ll be gracious to whom I’ll be gracious, and I’ll show compassion on whom I’ll show compassion.

20  But,” he said, “You cannot see my face, because a man cannot see me and live.”

21  The LORD said, “Look, there is a place near me where you can stand on the rock;

22  and as my glory passes by, I’ll put you in a crevice in the rock, and cover you with my hand until I’ve passed by.

23  Then I’ll remove my hand so you may see my back, but my face must not be seen.”
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
Am inspired....God bless You
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ok so I just stumbled on this thread and I didn't know the previous one, also I haven't read through the 3 pages of this thread but I'll be subscribing from time to time.

Please can we make our comments easier to read by clearly paragraphing sentences, using punctuation marks and if possible keeping posts short (one at a time) and continuing with our stories in a new post?
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by mployer(m): 9:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
UjSizzle: What a breathe of fresh air smiley Sure dialogue with God is possible; even when i don't particularly look for it, i hear it. I think he's favourite medium with me is slipping the words into my consciousness very early in the morning, and other times through dreams--you know the kind that makes you come alert in nano seconds. Sometimes i get clear instructions, other times it's bible passages I'm supposed to decode, and the last one was humbling, i think i cried grin
On most occasions there is this inner nudge; it's quite easier to follow that one because it feels like an I'm an extension of something else.

God is always faithful even when we become faithless...this is the joy i find in serving him.
Knowing that even while i stray in stubbornness, God quietly waits and says "don't be stubborn like a mule that needs to be controlled with a bit and bridle. The only thing you'll find there is grief and i have much more to offer if you're willing to trust me".

I'm so glad I found this thread. Having faith and letting God Lord your life is really hard, but we than Him for grace smiley
Good smiley

love youuuuuu kiss
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
@ Jacobscross

Hey what part of scripture is that? May I have the exact book, chapter & verse. I'm not aware of that scripture and I've always believed or rather assumed that Moses did see God's face.

Well for me I've seen Jesus' face. LOL, I haven't seen His face in person but I've seen pictures of what he truly looks like physically. I was both surprised & pleased to see that He is not white with blonde hair and blue eyes like several pictures depicted whilst I was growing up.

The picture I've seen is one of Akiane's paintings (Akiane I think is the Russian child Jesus showed himself to), but you see what makes the photo authentic is the fact that another believer/young child who was taken up to heaven and returned to earth testified that Akiane's painting of Jesus is Jesus himself.

That is two witness accounts from young children and it works perfectly for me.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
sihom: @ Jacobscross

Hey what part of scripture is that? May I have the exact book, chapter & verse. I'm not aware of that scripture and I've always believed or rather assumed that Moses did see God's face.

Well for me I've seen Jesus' face. LOL, I haven't seen His face in person but I've seen pictures of what he truly looks like physically. I was both surprised & pleased to see that He is not white with blonde hair and blue eyes like several pictures depicted whilst I was growing up.

The picture I've seen is one of Akiane's paintings (Akiane I think is the Russian child Jesus showed himself to), but you see what makes the photo authentic is the fact that another believer/young child who was taken up to heaven and returned to earth testified that Akiane's painting of Jesus is Jesus himself.

That is two witness accounts from young children and it works perfectly for me.
Exodus 33: 17-23. I have corrected my original post to include it. As far as Akianes painting is concerned that is God the son (Jesus), but God the father is too glorious to be seen by man face to face.

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
@ Jacobscross,

So you know Akiane too? You won't believe how thrilled I was about Akiane's story when I first read it and the other young child as well who's name I can't remember now.

Of course I know the painting was of God the Son, but even that was like water in a desert to me. To be able to actually put a face to the name and person of Jesus Christ was so exciting for me because I have a vivid and wild imagination. I've believed in him for years but I couldn't help imagining what he looks like and the actual image never even came close to my imaginations.

Those lovely green eyes just trip me senseless and before you start speculating as to whether I'm gay I'm female pretending to be male on NL. LOL! All in all thanks for the accurate scripture will check it out asap.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
@torchwave tanx a lot for ur reply. Bt am still interested in forming prayer n fasting grp whereby we set out days to pray n fast or if anyone is in danger we can enter n seek Gods mercy. Jst my suggestion. I think seeing Gods face is nt necessary in terms of physical bt spiritual
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by sunkoye: 10:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
Adam and eve fell for a reason. They knew God on a platter of gold. No pain no gain they say. I remembered hymnal " nearer unto thee" there is a particular line that said" ....and the angel bekon unto me: nearer my God to thee" the angels sure knew what we are missing when we are farther. Being refined is not an easy task. ......
If you must be refined. ....you will be refined. God bless you
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Nobody: 5:00am On Aug 18, 2014
sihom: @ Jacobscross,

So you know Akiane too? You won't believe how thrilled I was about Akiane's story when I first read it and the other young child as well who's name I can't remember now.

Of course I know the painting was of God the Son, but even that was like water in a desert to me. To be able to actually put a face to the name and person of Jesus Christ was so exciting for me because I have a vivid and wild imagination. I've believed in him for years but I couldn't help imagining what he looks like and the actual image never even came close to my imaginations.

Those lovely green eyes just trip me senseless and before you start speculating as to whether I'm gay I'm female pretending to be male on NL. LOL! All in all thanks for the accurate scripture will check it out asap.
nope just found out about aikane from you. By the way don't feel bad about pretending cos I'm male pretending to be an hermaphrodite on NL. grin
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 2:31pm On Aug 18, 2014
eldav: I never knew what i had till i lost it. I used to have encounters with God almost everyday. Infact i have heard his voice speak to me many times,i hv seen him appear to me (not physically) more than once. All these were on a platter of gold.

I never worked for it,He simply chose to show me such amount of grace,mercy and priviledge but i took it for granted. Now its like the communication link is off. Cant count how many songs He gave me while asleep,but for months i hvnt heard any which i can remember when i wake. I guess i have to work for His voice this time around,and i'm ready to go all the way cos His grace is forever sufficient unto me.

I bless God for His spirit who has been my comforter,and true to my saviour's words,He (Holy spirit) will never leave me but will abide with me forever.

More grace to us in Jesus name,Amen!
It's so wonderful to hear your kind of testimony. I can very well relate to your experience. Really, God is love and He wants all His children to know Him on a personal level.

It is grace when He chooses to reveal Himself to us as well as when He hides His face from us because that is how He draws us closer to Himself.

You're blessed my brother.

Seek Him with all your might like am doing. He will most surely reward us at the fullness of time.

Remain blessed and I hope to hear more from you.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 5:04pm On Aug 18, 2014
zeeayinita: Hi all,
I've been begging God for months to help me find my way back to Him..
I backslided n did some unholy things
There r times I just sit n cry n tell Him to helpme cos I cnt do it all alone
Pls how to I go about finding my way back to God?
Hi Zeeayinita, tell you what, I used to oscillate between repentance and sin. I would backslide and repent till I became sick and tired of life.

I cried out to God for help which did not seem to come. I prayed to God many times to deliver me from slavery to sin...until one certain day, God gave me an experience after which He led me to the discovery of the secrets to overcoming sin. Since then, I have become like a plant firmly rooted in Christ. I have peace everyday because the Spirit of God bears witness with my spirit that I am God's child.

It has been many months since then and I am still abiding in Christ which is the first time in my life I will be faithful to God for a long time.

So what did God teach me that has been helping me overcome sin and the flesh?

First, the only way to overcome sin is to walk in love. Believe me when I say there is nothing else that overcomes sin better than walking in God's kind of love. Love wants nothing for itself. It is not selfish because it does not look for its own satisfaction but the satisfaction and happiness of others. The policy of love is others before self and God is the great Other. I have very great confidence of making heaven should death meet me unexpectedly because I strive everyday to walk in love. Through walking in love I have been able to subject my flesh, discipline it to obey God, and master sin. I walk in perfect liberty because walking in love helps me nail the body of death to the cross daily. I learnt through experience of practicing love that whenever I step out of love I sin, and whenever I act in love I overcome sin. It is difficult at first but becomes second nature after much practice. Love is so powerful and it never fails. Read Ephesians 1:4.

Secondly, Grace. Nothing is greater than the grace of God. We can do nothing without God, that's why we need grace to live holy and blameless lives before God. Ask for His grace to please Him and never stray from following Him. Ask for His grace to be faithful to Him to the end. Make it a daily habit of asking for His grace because His grace will set you apart from the world and keep you in God.

Third, never think you stand by your power. When you begin to overcome sin, there is the tendency to think you are able to achieve purity by your ability. That is foul pride. Nobody stands by his or her power. God is the reason we are steadfast in the Faith. I always tell God that He is the One that upholds me, and that if I fall it is either because I let go of Him or He lets me slip from His grip.
You should always have a humble attitude towards God if you need His grace to live an overcoming life. Humility is nothing but admitting the truth about us - acknowledging our human limitations to God. Just that. Humility recognizes the fact that it is impossible to stand without the help of God. When you have this attitude, you become God's candidate of grace, grace to overcome sin.

Lastly, know yourself. Study your weaknesses and avoid any situation that presents itself as temptation to sin. I know how difficult it is but God will see you through. God knows we are perfectly capable of overcoming our weaknesses.

Remember, God does not see your past after you have repented. All He sees is a new person without a past because the blood of Jesus Christ washes away your sins past and present. You are a new creation, perfect and sinless like Jesus Christ which is why there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. Of course we will fall, but we must not stay down. We should develop the habit of repenting of sins and forsaking them to continue to stay very close to Jesus Christ. A saint is not the person who does not commit sin (no saint like that ever existed); it is the person who falls, recognizes his mistake, repents of his sin, gets up and continues on his path of righteousness in God.

Know this, it is impossible to live a perfect life on earth since we are still clothed in bodies of corruption. What counts as perfection is our efforts to strive towards perfection daily, forgetting what is behind till we put off this corrupt body to wear the incorruptible one.

I pray you find the grace to overcome sin and live a life pleasing to God.

4 Likes

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 5:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
Rexxie: Hi everyone..i pray He meets us all at the point of all our needs..God bless.
Amen to that. May He also meet you at the point of your needs.

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
chrisviral: Read and following the thread for sometime and I just left like I should comment with my questions...

Does God feel our emotions, like does he feel moved when I cry, does my tears move God because there are times when I needed just a hug from him but he never came or maybe I didn't know he came...

I saw where you wrote Negotiation with Work?
Like does that work, I have negotiated, begged, cried and asked, even tried bribing, sowing seed, evangelism just to show God I really need something... but lol, he never came...

I think there are just special people that will enjoy this closeness with God (that reminds me of Jacob I love, Essau I hate) probably some of us aren't worth his attention...
Or maybe I'm going about it wrongly.
Care to explain to me
Busybody2 should address your question but there is something I want to briefly tell you about God.

Do you know king David is not more loved by God than you? Do you know Moses is not more loved by God than you? Do you know Apostle Paul is not more loved by God than you? God has no favourite.

You are not number 2 in the sight of God. Nobody takes second place in God's love for man. Everybody is number 1 in God's sight, whether past, present, or future.

Whatever He does for one, He will do for you. God is impartial and just in nature. If He cared for king David's welfare, He will do the same for anyone, rich or poor, great or small, important or insignificant.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 5:50pm On Aug 18, 2014
Teddybest: You are what God says you are. Nothing can stop you, even God cannot stop and He wouldn't want to stop you, because what He says we are is what He wants us to become. I am afraid to tell you this but i just have to tell you any way that it is only you that can stop yourself. So i urge you not to give up, don't listen to what people are saying about your life because they can't define your life, it is only God that defines a man's life. So don't give in to their ways because you are what God says you are, but press through, press on, press in, until you enter that place God wants you to be by grace. Do not be sluggish, but be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises hebrews 6:12. I am fully persuaded that the righteous man can not end up in shame, it is absolutely impossible 2 timothy 1:12. I imploy you to be deligent in your service to God and have faith in Him, for without faith it is impossible to please God, for those who must come to Him must believe that He is a rewarder of those who deligently seek Him hebrew 11:6. Thank you, God bless you. See you in paradise.
thanks for the word of advice, and God bless you, too.

I love the bolded. See you in paradise.
smiley
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by chrisviral(m): 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
torchwave: Busybody2 should address your question but there is something I want to briefly tell you about God.

Do you know king David is not more loved by God than you? Do you know Moses is not more loved by God than you? Do you know Apostle Paul is not more loved by God than you? God has no favourite.

You are not number 2 in the sight of God. Nobody takes second place in God's love for man. Everybody is number 1 in God's sight, whether past, present, or future.

Whatever He does for one, He will do for you. God is impartial and just in nature. If He cared for king David's welfare, He will do the same for anyone, rich or poor, great or small, important or insignificant.

Well I will wait for busybody.
To what you just said, I really doubt that...
Common King David committed several sins but yet he was so blessed by God, Infact God kept talking to him like they were just close door neighbours...
Saul, Common he was a persecutor of christian, kept killing them and Yet God so loved him that he even came to him and spoke to him on his way to yet another mission...

(not pitying myself)
I have prayed for a lot of things, so many of them so so many, It turns out I never get them, and No I don't ask selfishly, but I have a friend who doesn't even pray, like he doesn't even believe in God and yet he gets all the things I have been praying for...
Common, there is some kind of preference here!
Jacob and Essau
Isaac and Ishmeal

*Edited
And Yes I know God loves me!
But I think maybe just like Grace, Love ain't the same for all!
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 6:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
jacobscros:

God has answered your prayer. I felt led by the spirit to share this with you. See here ---> www.fathersheartministry.net/
I have gone through the site, and it is nice but I don't see how it relates to seeking and finding God.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 6:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
jacobscros:

My dear you can only see the face of God in heaven. See the below text:

Exodus 33: 17-23
Moses Sees God’s Glory

17  The LORD told Moses, “I’ll do the very thing that you have said, because you have found favor in my sight and I know you by name.”

18  Then Moses said, “Please show me your glory.”

19  God said, “I’ll cause all my goodness to pass before you, and I’ll proclaim the name ‘the LORD’ before you. I’ll be gracious to whom I’ll be gracious, and I’ll show compassion on whom I’ll show compassion.

20  But,” he said, “You cannot see my face, because a man cannot see me and live.”

21  The LORD said, “Look, there is a place near me where you can stand on the rock;

22  and as my glory passes by, I’ll put you in a crevice in the rock, and cover you with my hand until I’ve passed by.

23  Then I’ll remove my hand so you may see my back, but my face must not be seen.”
Okay. First, it good you brought this up as I have not addressed it since the thread started.

I want you to understand that seeking the Face of God is a way of saying you want to have a personal relationship with God, not to see His glorious Face because that is impossible for now.

There is no way you can see the Face of the Father and still live.

What it means is talking to God, His Holy Spirit within us, and responding to His voice. It means having fellowship with God through His Spirit. It means knowing God intimately.

It means friendship with God.

I shall address this subject fully in another post but this will suffice in granting you enough understanding concerning the title of this thread.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 6:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
Cutekemitola: Am inspired....God bless You
God bless you, too. Very glad it inspires you to know God.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 6:29pm On Aug 18, 2014
sihom: Ok so I just stumbled on this thread and I didn't know the previous one, also I haven't read through the 3 pages of this thread but I'll be subscribing from time to time.

Please can we make our comments easier to read by clearly paragraphing sentences, using punctuation marks and if possible keeping posts short (one at a time) and continuing with our stories in a new post?
Okay. Thanks for the suggestion. Will keep it in good consideration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Luciferean Series I: Understanding Christianity / Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? / When The Church Is No More Conducive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.