Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (250143 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AbdH: 12:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
lanrexlan: grin grin,that's his job in his 'online organization'.He's very skillful in that aspect,he's got a talent there.
That guy is a case.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AbdH: 12:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
Empiree: Who is this pikin?

Mr Logicboy - Chief troll of Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 12:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
AbdH:

Again? The man is sick in the head

3 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AbdH: 12:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
Empiree: Again? The man is sick in the head
grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by ayinba1(f): 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
Let us hope that someday his similitude would be that of one who spends a long time in the company of the perfume seller and begins to smell good. Because, if this guy never smells good, it means unfortunately that the stink is from deep inside. May Allah have mercy on him and give him this unique gift of true guidance.

5 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by MacCantStopMe: 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
AbdH:
AbdH:
That guy is a case.
Empiree: Again? The man is sick in the head
ayinba1: Let us hope that someday his similitude would be that of one who spends a long time in the company of the perfume seller and begins to smell good. Because, if this guy never smells good, it means unfortunately that the stink is from deep inside. May Allah have mercy on him and give him this unique gift of true guidance.

The one thing I respect Tbaba12345 for is that he doesnt engage in personal abuse like this. I'm surprised that the chief muslim troll, vedaxcool hasnt joined you guys... grin grin grin

In the words of Vedaxcool, "haters, I am winning"
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
MacCantStopMe:
The one thing I respect Tbaba12345 for is that he doesnt engage in personal abuse like this. I'm surprised that the chief muslim troll, vedaxcool hasnt joined you guys... grin grin grin

I don't even know what to call you again grin grin

You seriously obsessed with us here angry

18monikerz tan...Smh

4 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by ayinba1(f): 9:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
MacCantStopMe:

It was a similtude, I meant no abuse. Pardon me if it came across that way.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by MacCantStopMe: 9:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
Rilwayne001:
18monikerz tan...Smh

You and your fellow logic haters cant quite seem to understand the problem here.

Your hatred for me and the truth about your religion does not allow you guys to see what is in front of you grin grin grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by MacCantStopMe: 9:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
ayinba1:

It was a similtude, I meant no abuse. Pardon me if it came across that way.

grin grin grin

It was an analogy- a very insulting one.

Take your fake apology away. If I didnt comment and point out that it was abusive, you wouldnt know? mtchew
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by ayinba1(f): 10:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
This guy don vexxxxxx mennnn!

3 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AbdH: 10:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
MacCantStopMe:

Taaa, that you are an unrelenting troll is not an abuse but a fact.

7 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 11:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
MacCantStopMe:
can you at least sincerely learn Islam, open your chest, listen, and humble your soul instead of trolling and seeking attention. Fair enough?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 12:01am On Sep 24, 2014
I am sorry to have to bring myself to the level of commenting on something so grotesque and vulgar. I apologize in advance to my readers for failing to fight the the urge to do so, but 20 million views in 48 hours and trending on all social networks compels a comment not just about this rubbish but about the greater cultural context that glamorizes and rewards it.

As a Muslim male, I often find my demographic facing allegations of female oppression even though I treat my wife like a queen, as I do my mother and sisters. I observe the same treatment to be true by the other Muslim males in my circle of contacts. It is for this additional reason that I am extra disturbed by this brash piece of misogyny dished out in the name of liberation and empowerment.

If you haven't figured it out already, I am referring to the trending Jenny Lopez / Iggy Azalea music video "booty" by two women who believe they are uniquely endowed and so have penned a song about ... well, their booties.. heavily featuring their booties.

I want to make clear however that I am not mainly offended as a Muslim. I am not offended because I am uptight or a prude. I am not offended because I am living in a bubble and those "brave artists" forced me out of it. Nah, I've been around the block - to borrow from Jenny's old lyrics - and seen/heard it all. I am offended mostly, and just because, I am a man - who was brought up to respect and value women.

I find this music video sad. Sad that women, obiously dogged on by men, have to degrade themselves into flopping flapping meat in order to seem attractive and desirable. I am sorry that they have taken the bait and with them countless young girls of an insecure and confused generation. I am sorry that there is no significant outcry by "feminists" who watch one TV male presenter after another ogle and slobber and egg this on without mincing words about the reasons for it: booty!

I want to tell these women that not all men are interested in your product. I want to tell them that I, as a man, feel nothing but a mixture of disgust and pity when I see you wiggle and squirm to supposedly turn me on. As a red-blooded male, I am extremely turned off. A real man is taught by real men (and real women) to see women as whole, not as parading body parts. A real man is turned on by the beauty of her mind, heart, and soul, the type that transcends over into physical beauty but without which physical beauty is but perfume on a casket. A real man is fulfilled by no less than a spiritual wholesome bond with a woman he can commit his everything to and not just a physical one, let alone a passing interface with an isolated body part that wishes to take on a life of its own. And a real woman exhibits just enough modesty to force a man to discover her inner beauty, the type that lasts forever and is not later in desperate search of lifts, implants, botox, or plastic surgery to impress for one more year. A real woman forces - not begs for - the respect of men by the mere proud exhibition of respect for herself. A real woman, at the very least, refuses to believe - despite all of the songs and music videos of the past 20 years - that her best assets are without the "e-t-s."

I feel sorry that women in this culture are denied the opportunity to be assessed at least as men are, not by their upper thighs.

The refrain of the music video is "ladies, go to work." Shaking their booties that is. Not go to work as doctors or engineers or teachers or mechanics or CEO's, no as booty shakers. Clearly not for their own satisfaction or for the satisfaction of other women, but plainly for the sarisfaction of men - the wrong kind of men. If that is not self-objectification, I don't know what is.

The biggest joke on women is when men no longer have to directly objectify women but instead, applaud women "liberating" themselves (wink, wink) by objectifying themselves all on their own, just ask Mario Lopez "who's not complaining." There's a bit of an outcry by feminists when Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams do it to women? No problem, get women -Jenny and Iggy - to do it to themselves. Same difference but now it's "liberation." Nice work maledom, bet you're laughing all the way to the bank.

Meanwhile, let's enjoy the refrain of Western society led by its "feminists" lamenting the poor woman in a hijab for wearing a little too much.

- Ahmed Rehab

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 12:03am On Sep 24, 2014
Rilwayne001:

18monikerz tan...Smh

He likes muslims but doesnt know how to express it.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 24, 2014
tbaba1234:
As a Muslim male, I often find my demographic facing allegations of female oppression even though I treat my wife like a queen, as I do my mother and sisters. I observe the same treatment to be true by the other Muslim males in my circle of contacts. It is for this additional reason that I am extra disturbed by this brash piece of misogyny dished out in the name of liberation and empowerment.
If you haven't figured it out already, I am referring to the trending Jenny Lopez / Iggy Azalea music video "booty" by two women who believe they are uniquely endowed and so have penned a song about ... well, their booties.. heavily featuring their booties.
I want to make clear however that I am not mainly offended as a Muslim. I am not offended because I am uptight or a prude. I am not offended because I am living in a bubble and those "brave artists" forced me out of it. Nah, I've been around the block - to borrow from Jenny's old lyrics - and seen/heard it all. I am offended mostly, and just because, I am a man - who was brought up to respect and value women.
I find this music video sad. Sad that women, obiously dogged on by men, have to degrade themselves into flopping flapping meat in order to seem attractive and desirable. I am sorry that they have taken the bait and with them countless young girls of an insecure and confused generation. I am sorry that there is no significant outcry by "feminists" who watch one TV male presenter after another ogle and slobber and egg this on without mincing words about the reasons for it: booty!
I want to tell these women that not all men are interested in your product. I want to tell them that I, as a man, feel nothing but a mixture of disgust and pity when I see you wiggle and squirm to supposedly turn me on. As a red-blooded male, I am extremely turned off. A real man is taught by real men (and real women) to see women as whole, not as parading body parts. A real man is turned on by the beauty of her mind, heart, and soul, the type that transcends over into physical beauty but without which physical beauty is but perfume on a casket. A real man is fulfilled by no less than a spiritual wholesome bond with a woman he can commit his everything to and not just a physical one, let alone a passing interface with an isolated body part that wishes to take on a life of its own. And a real woman exhibits just enough modesty to force a man to discover her inner beauty, the type that lasts forever and is not later in desperate search of lifts, implants, botox, or plastic surgery to impress for one more year. A real woman forces - not begs for - the respect of men by the mere proud exhibition of respect for herself. A real woman, at the very least, refuses to believe - despite all of the songs and music videos of the past 20 years - that her best assets are without the "e-t-s."
I feel sorry that women in this culture are denied the opportunity to be assessed at least as men are, not by their upper thighs.
@bold; yeah me too sad
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 24, 2014
I'm going to watch the video to see what it's about.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 1:10am On Sep 24, 2014
Okay, here we go....
Radical Right Wing Christians Who Supported the Iraq War Want to Convert, Deport and Kill Muslims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxdt_f0hwUg
http://www.loonwatch.com/2014/09/radical-right-wing-christians-who-supported-the-iraq-war-want-to-convert-deport-and-kill-muslims/
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 1:13am On Sep 24, 2014
"Iraq had zero Alqaeda influence or presence prior to the 2003 invasion. The status of Christians was good, they weren’t a persecuted minority, whereas today the situation is a catastrophe. The pastors, Christian writers and officials who supported and prayed for that war are implicated in the destruction of Iraq and the creation of ISIS."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by MacCantStopMe: 3:03am On Sep 24, 2014
AbdH:

Taaa, that you are an unrelenting troll is not an abuse but a fact.

grin grin grin

It is funny how some people learnt the word "troll" on nairaland.

You are free to view my last 30 comments (on any of my usernames) on the islam and check for insults, abuse or misstatement of facts.

Then compare the last 5 comments about me from you and your ilk.

grin grin grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by MacCantStopMe: 3:40am On Sep 24, 2014
tbaba1234: I am sorry to have to bring myself to the level of commenting on something so grotesque and vulgar. I apologize in advance to my readers for failing to fight the the urge to do so, but 20 million views in 48 hours and trending on all social networks compels a comment not just about this rubbish but about the greater cultural context that glamorizes and rewards it.

The refrain of the music video is "ladies, go to work." Shaking their booties that is. Not go to work as doctors or engineers or teachers or mechanics or CEO's, no as booty shakers. Clearly not for their own satisfaction or for the satisfaction of other women, but plainly for the sarisfaction of men - the wrong kind of men. If that is not self-objectification, I don't know what is.

The biggest joke on women is when men no longer have to directly objectify women but instead, applaud women "liberating" themselves (wink, wink) by objectifying themselves all on their own, just ask Mario Lopez "who's not complaining." There's a bit of an outcry by feminists when Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams do it to women? No problem, get women -Jenny and Iggy - to do it to themselves. Same difference but now it's "liberation." Nice work maledom, bet you're laughing all the way to the bank.

Meanwhile, let's enjoy the refrain of Western society led by its "feminists" lamenting the poor woman in a hijab for wearing a little too much.

- Ahmed Rehab

Yet again, Tbaba copies and pastes from another dubious muslim speaker.

1) Please, note the bold part of his essay where he says "I feel sorry that women in this culture are denied the opportunity to be assessed at least as men are, not by their upper thighs." Can you see how this muslim speaker stereotypes the whole western culture as a culture that assesses women by their upper thighs? Is that how Nancy Pelosi, Michelle Obama Oprah Winfrey etc made it to the top?

2) Also note how the muslim speaker talks as if western people in America do not criticise the music videos. Note that he mentions the Iggy Azelea ft Jennifer Lopez music video. Unfortunately for this muslim speaker, his ignorance has exposed him. Just a simple google search shows that many of the music fans (of Jennifer Lopez and Iggy) in America criticised the same video for its lack of sense and "overse.xualization".
http://www.gigwise.com/news/94419/fans-react-angrily-at-j-lo-and-iggy-azaleas-booty-video

3) And as usual, the muslim speaker focuses on one of the Abrahamic religion's usual targets- western feminism. I dont know who told him that feminism is all about the booty. maybe he should learn American history and see how feminism got women into places of position in top companies and politics. The muslim speaker should stop reading Arabic history and learn American history before he criticises the culture.

4) While the muslim speaker has every right to talk about this issue (objectification of women in western culture), I feel that he also has the duty to speak about it in an unbiased way. If an honest person were to talk about this issue, the person would balance the discussion by pointing to the numerous examples of music videos done by women and men in America which glorified women and not objectified them. The honest person would also seek not to talk about the issue as if it is widely accepted by the whole majority of the culture or majority of feminists.

5) While the muslim speaker has every right to talk about the issue, I would prefer him to talk about the more important issue of oppression of women in islamic countries rather than criticising a music video in a country he fails woefully to understand. The very western culture he criticises has produced greater and more educated women than his islamic one from islamic countries that he is biased towards.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by MacCantStopMe: 3:41am On Sep 24, 2014
Emonkey1: @bold; yeah me too sad

Better think twice about the statements you agree with

MacCantStopMe:
Yet again, Tbaba copies and pastes from another dubious muslim speaker.

1) Please, note the bold part of his essay where he says "I feel sorry that women in this culture are denied the opportunity to be assessed at least as men are, not by their upper thighs." Can you see how this muslim speaker stereotypes the whole western culture as a culture that assesses women by their upper thighs? Is that how Nancy Pelosi, Michelle Obama Oprah Winfrey etc made it to the top?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by MacCantStopMe: 3:46am On Sep 24, 2014
Empiree: "Iraq had zero Alqaeda influence or presence prior to the 2003 invasion. The status of Christians was good, they weren’t a persecuted minority, whereas today the situation is a catastrophe. The pastors, Christian writers and officials who supported and prayed for that war are implicated in the destruction of Iraq and the creation of ISIS."

My guy, please be a little more objective in your statements

You are right in stating that America are implicated in the rise of terrorism in Iraq. However how bad Saddam was, Iraq was never a terrorist state until America invaded and destroyed whatever structure they had there.

You are wrong to claim that christians were not a persecuted minority in Iraq (pre-American invasion). That is a very very very big lie.

Also, ISIS can be blamed on two things

1) American foreign policy
2) Extremist islam

Dont forget number 2)
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by MacCantStopMe: 3:47am On Sep 24, 2014
Empiree: can you at least sincerely learn Islam, open your chest, listen, and humble your soul instead of trolling and seeking attention. Fair enough?

lol.....you of all people? Do you even know islam?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usba: 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
Empiree: "Iraq had zero Alqaeda influence or presence prior to the 2003 invasion. The status of Christians was good, they weren’t a persecuted minority, whereas today the situation is a catastrophe. The pastors, Christian writers and officials who supported and prayed for that war are implicated in the destruction of Iraq and the creation of ISIS."

Rock solid truth!

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 6:20am On Sep 25, 2014
Shaykh Abd ar-Rahman as-Sa’di: “Laziness against the Salah is a sign that the heart does not long after Allah.” (Taysir ul Karim p. 211)

Five Levels of Prayer Ibn al-Qayyim (ﻪﻠﻟﺎﻤﺣﺭ) said: And mankind, with regard to their performance of prayer are in five levels:

The First: The level of the one who is negligent and wrongs his soul: He is the one who falls short in performing wudoo properly, performing the prayer upon its time and within its specified limits, and infulfilling its essential pillars.

The Second: The one who guards his prayers upon their proper times and within their specified limits,fulfills their essential pillars and performs his wudoo with care. However, his striving (in achieving the above) is wasted due whisperings in his prayer so he is taken away by thoughts and ideas.

The Third: The one who guards his prayers within the specified limits, fulfills their essential pillars and strives with himself to repel the whisperings,thoughts and ideas. He is busy struggling against his enemy (Shaytan) so that he does not steal from the prayer. On account of this he is engaged in (both) prayer and jihad.

The Fourth: The one who stands for the prayer,completes and perfects its due rights, its essential pillars, performs it within its specified limits and his heart becomes engrossed in safeguarding its rights and specified limits, so that nothing is wasted from it. His whole concern is directed towards its establishment, its completion and its perfection,as it should be. His heart is immersed in the prayer and in enslavement to his Lord the Exalted.

The Fifth The one who stands for the prayer like the one mentioned above. However, on top of this,he has taken and placed his heart in front of his Lord (ﻞﺟﻭ ﺰﻋ), looking towards Him with his heart with anticipation, (his heart) filled with His love and His might,as if he sees and witnesses Allah.The whisperings, thoughts and ideas have vanished and the coverings which are between him and his Lord are raised. What is between this person and others with respect to the prayer, is superior and greater than what is between the heavens and the earth. This person is busy with his Lord (ﻞﺟﻭ ﺰﻋ), delighted with Him.

The First type will be punished, the second type will be held to account, the third will have his sins and shortcomings expiated, the fourth will be rewarded and the fifth will be close to his Lord, because he will receive the portion of the one who makes his prayer the delight and pleasure of his eye. Whoever makes his prayer,the delight and pleasure of his eye,will have the nearness to his Lord (ﻞﺟﻭ ﺰﻋ) made the delight and pleasure of his eye in the hereafter. He will also be made a pleasure to the eye in this world since whoever makes Allah the pleasure of his eye in this world, every other eye will become delighted and pleased with him.

So,what level are you?
Source: Excerpted from Ibn al-Qayyim’s book:Al-Waabil as-Sayyib min al-Kalim at-Tayyib

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 6:51am On Sep 25, 2014
Nu’aym ibn Hammad narrates in Al-Fitan, that the 4th Caliph, Ali ibn Abi Talib said:

When you see the black flags, remain where you are and do not move your hands or your feet. Thereafter there shall appear a feeble insignificant folk. Their hearts will be like fragments of iron. They will have the state. They will fulfil neither covenant nor agreement. They will call to the truth, but they will not be people of the truth. Their names will be parental attributions, and their aliases will be derived from towns. Their hair will be free-flowing like that of women. This situation will remain until they differ among themselves. Thereafter, God will bring forth the Truth through whomever He wills .

Does this narration by Ali bin Abi Talib (k.)—that is related by AlBukhari’s teacher (Nu’aym bin Hamad) over one thousand two hundred years ago in his: book AlFitan—refer to the ‘Islamic State’?

When you see the black flags’: The flags of the ‘Islamic State’ are black.

‘Remain where you are’: i.e., stay where you are, O Muslims, and do not join them.

‘And do not move your hands or your feet’: i.e. do not help them financially or with equipment.

‘Thereafter there shall appear a feeble insignificant folk’: i.e. ‘weak’ and ‘insignificant’ in terms of understanding of religion, morality and religious practice.

‘Their hearts will be like fragments of iron’: i.e. they will ruthlessly kill prisoners of war and cruelly torture people.

‘They will have the state’: For almost a century, no one has claimed to be an Islamic Caliphate other than the current ‘Islamic State’ in Iraq and the Levant.

‘They will fulfil neither covenant nor agreement’: The ‘Islamic State’ did not fulfil its agreement with the Sha’etat tribe after the tribe pledged allegiance to them; indeed the ‘Islamic State’ slaughtered them by the hundreds. They also killed journalists.

‘They will call to the truth’: The ‘Islamic State’ calls to Islam. ‘But they will not be people of the truth’: The people of the truth are merciful. The Prophet Muhammad  said: ‘Have mercy and you will be shown mercy.’

‘Their names will be parental attributions’: Like: ‘Abu Muthanna’, ‘Abu Muhammad’, ‘Abu Muslim’ and so on.

‘And their aliases will be derived from towns’: Like: ‘Al-Baghdadi’, ‘al-Zarqawi’, ‘al-Tunisi’ and so on.

‘Their hair will be free-flowing like that of women’: ‘Islamic State’ fighters have hair precisely like this.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 7:33am On Sep 25, 2014
^

Quite shockingly true, there is a need for a thread on fulfilled prophecies.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 1:12pm On Sep 25, 2014
This kind of situations make people lose faith. Remember Europe used to be religious Christians (devout and practicing) but they are now "Christians" but in reality, they are essentially atheists after two wars (ww1 and 2). It was like Christians vs Christians and folks started questioning where is God.

Similarly, what's gong on in the middle east is pretty much the same thing with variation. I am afraid that atheism will emerge in the ME or people will just be "Muslims" but no sign of practicing in them. Right now, is like back to square one. Imagine preaching to convince a non Muslim for the last 10 years all through AQDA brouhaha and the person was getting close to becoming a Muslim and then it's isis. This non-Muslim asks is this Islam you want me to embrace?. This sounds like a perfect excuse in akhira because this non Muslim sees nothing but fitna coming from the Ummah we so much admire and he or she is confused.

I honestly wanted to refrain from blame game but cant resist. Who are the people behind these atrocities and what do they want?. In my opinion, apart from what tbaba posted up there, which perfectly describes the current situation, it is important to also note that I personally blame Ulama of the Sunni especially. I asked this question on youtube why all these outcries about isis? why didnt ulama condemn western power for empowering, providing weapons, money and strategies for those people; calling them moderate group, free syrian army, freedom fighters and everything now blown out of proportion and we screaming?. Why didnt Ulama around the world and especially those in the west condemn western politicians for arming these mujirimun?. Ulama of the Sunni supported whatever the West support. They against whatever the west again. This is real problem. If they had publicly condemned the west for supplying these criminals, non-Muslims would see things differently by now.

The same forces who rendered EU godless are still at work. In 2011, i used to be on FBook publicly denouncing support for the rebel by govt around the world. Some sisters from TN argued with me that Qaddafi was bad and he should be eradicated. I said no problem but when the rebels turn against you later, please dont start screaming terrorists. Exactly what happened when they killed ambassador Stephen. Truth be told, here on NL same thing happened few months ago when some brothers said nothing wrong with the West providing Syrian opposition weapons. I pretty much silent on the thread. Are we this shortsighted that we cant see isis coming?. I condemned uprising against Assad in the beginning when i saw western influence. But lots of people including respected Sheiks and those in the US, were talking about Assad is evil. No denying that but here we are today because of our foolishness. It's still silly for Muslims to form coalition with the west against isis. Both sides are not worthy of thanks. I cried waking up this morning thinking about current situation. And the media pretend as if muslims are not suffering from Western foreign policy and isis. They mostly focus on Christians persecution. Portraying these criminals as Sunnis. They are pure criminals. Olohun lo ma da ejo afeyin peran.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by MacCantStopMe: 1:46pm On Sep 25, 2014
Empiree: This kind of situations make people lose faith. Remember Europe used to be religious Christians (devout and practicing) but they are now "Christians" but in reality, they are essentially atheists after two wars (ww1 and 2). It was like Christians vs Christians and folks started questioning where is God.

Similarly, what's gong on in the middle east is pretty much the same thing with variation. I am afraid that atheism will emerge in the ME or people will just be "Muslims" but no sign of practicing in them. Right now, is like back to square one. Imagine preaching to convince a none Muslim for the last 10 years all through AQDA brouhaha and the person was getting close to becoming a Muslim and then it's isis. This non-Muslim asks is this Islam you want me to embrace?. This sounds like a perfect excuse in akhira because this non Muslim sees nothing but fitna coming from the Ummah we so much admire and he or she is confused.

I honestly wanted to refrain from blame game but cant resist. Who are the people behind these atrocities and what do they want?. In my opinion, apart from what tbaba posted up there, which perfectly describes the current situation, it is important to also note that I personally blame Ulama of the Sunni especially. I asked this question on youtube why all these outcries about isis? why didnt ulama condemn western power for empowering, proving weapons, money and strategy for those people; calling them moderate group, free syrian army, freedom fighters and everything now blown out of proportion and we screaming?. Why didnt Ulama around the world and especially those in the west condemn western politicians for arming these mujirimun?. Ulama of the Sunni supported whatever the West support. They against whatever the west again. This is real problem. If they had publicly condemned the west for supplying these criminals, non-Muslims would see things differently by now.

The same forces who rendered EU godless are still at work. In 2011, i used to be on FBook publicly denouncing support for the rebel by govt around the world. Some sisters from TN argued with me that Qaddafi was bad and he should be eradicated. I said no problem but when the rebels turn against you later, please dont start screaming terrorists. Exactly what happened when they killed ambassador Stephen. Truth be told, here on NL same thing happened few months ago when some brothers said nothing wrong with the West providing Syrian opposition weapons. I pretty much silent on the thread. Are we this shortsighted that we cant see isis coming?. I condemned uprising against Assad in the beginning when i saw western influence. But lots of people including respected Sheiks and those in the US, were talking about Assad is evil. No denying that but here we are today because of our foolishness. It's still silly for Muslims to form coalition with the west against isis. Both sides are not worthy of thanks. I cried waking up this morning thinking about current situation. And the media pretend as if muslims are not suffering from Western foreign policy and isis. They mostly focus on Christians persecution. Portraying these criminals as Sunnis. They are pure criminals. Olohun lo ma da ejo afeyin peran.

Well said. Well said.

For the first time, I agree with you wink
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by MacCantStopMe: 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2014
Empiree: This kind of situations make people lose faith. Remember Europe used to be religious Christians (devout and practicing) but they are now "Christians" but in reality, they are essentially atheists after two wars (ww1 and 2). It was like Christians vs Christians and folks started questioning where is God.

Similarly, what's gong on in the middle east is pretty much the same thing with variation. I am afraid that atheism will emerge in the ME or people will just be "Muslims" but no sign of practicing in them. Right now, is like back to square one. Imagine preaching to convince a none Muslim for the last 10 years all through AQDA brouhaha and the person was getting close to becoming a Muslim and then it's isis. This non-Muslim asks is this Islam you want me to embrace?. This sounds like a perfect excuse in akhira because this non Muslim sees nothing but fitna coming from the Ummah we so much admire and he or she is confused.

I honestly wanted to refrain from blame game but cant resist. Who are the people behind these atrocities and what do they want?. In my opinion, apart from what tbaba posted up there, which perfectly describes the current situation, it is important to also note that I personally blame Ulama of the Sunni especially. I asked this question on youtube why all these outcries about isis? why didnt ulama condemn western power for empowering, proving weapons, money and strategy for those people; calling them moderate group, free syrian army, freedom fighters and everything now blown out of proportion and we screaming?. Why didnt Ulama around the world and especially those in the west condemn western politicians for arming these mujirimun?. Ulama of the Sunni supported whatever the West support. They against whatever the west again. This is real problem. If they had publicly condemned the west for supplying these criminals, non-Muslims would see things differently by now.

^^^

tbaba12345, this is what a honest post looks like. Not your copy and pastes from dubious muslim speakers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.