Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,631 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (249861 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 7:33am On Feb 18, 2015
vedaxcool:
Three Muslim students murdered at North Carolina campus

No breaking news here !? @CNN @BBCWorld @FOXTV @washingtonpost @NewYorkTimes11 #ChapelHillshooting

Muslims really need to learn how to cry like the west when things like these happen!

You know, while i feel this attack was motivated by religion or anti-Islamic bias, there are is not enough evidence to prove the victims were attacked for their religious beliefs. All we have are speculations or suppositions. Compare this with the Charlie Hebdo shooting where the attackers kept invoking Islam. You should do your research well before jumping to conclusion, the fact that all the victims were were Muslims doesn't certify that their murder was a product of hate for Islam. I sympathize with the family of the victims, but please stop exploiting this to fuel Muslim victim hood.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/02/12/us/chapel-hill-shooting-hate-crime-explainer/
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 7:37am On Feb 18, 2015
usermane:

[s]You know, while i feel this attack was motivated by religion or anti-Islamic bias, there are is not enough evidence to prove the victims were attacked for their religious beliefs. All we have are speculations or suppositions. Compare this with the Charlie Hebdo shooting where the attackers kept invoking Islam. You should do your research well before jumping to conclusion, the fact that all the victims were were Muslims doesn't certify that their murder was a product of hate for Islam. I sympathize with the family of the victims, but please stop exploiting this to fuel Muslim victim hood.[/s]

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/02/12/us/chapel-hill-shooting-hate-crime-explainer/

Empty as usual!

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 2:16am On Feb 21, 2015
Where are tbaba1234, lanrexlan and albaqir ?. Looks like these brothers are on vacation. Anyways, enjoy your vac

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:43am On Feb 23, 2015
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 7:56am On Feb 25, 2015

Another example of hating Islam and muslims and working to see them dead, The Israeli PM Chicken sh!!T Netanyahu, lies in 2012 about Iran Nuclear weapons, in fact he was simply trying to incite violence against a muslim country under false pretext, he wanted to create a situation that would lead to many North Carolinna shootings happening by the second, despite the fact that his intelligence agency thought otherwise:

"Less than a month after Prime Minister Benjamin[b] Netanyahu's 2012 warning to the UN General Assembly that Iran was 70 percent[/b] of the way to completing its "plans to build a nuclear weapon", Israel's intelligence service believed that Iran was "not performing the activity necessary to produce weapons".

Source
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:15am On Feb 25, 2015
^ Natay has been lying for donkey years
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO3vGmbWecI

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 12:21pm On Feb 25, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 1:12pm On Feb 25, 2015
vedaxcool:

Another example of hating Islam and muslims and working to see them dead, The Israeli PM Chicken sh!!T Netanyahu, lies in 2012 about Iran Nuclear weapons, in fact he was simply trying to incite violence against a muslim country under false pretext, he wanted to create a situation that would lead to many North Carolinna shootings happening by the second, despite the fact that his intelligence agency thought otherwise:

Typical, always crying Islamophobia if the likes of Netanyahu threaten Iran but never blaming it on your religion when people are massacred and beheaded by your co-religionsts in the Middle East. Its simple, if you detest non-Muslims blaming terror on your religion, also desist from blaming every oppression or aggression at any Muslim on Islamophobia.

FYI, 20% of Isrealis are Muslims who enjoy a better standard of living, rights and privileges than Iranian Jews who are not even considered as full citizens by virtue of their religion. If Netanyahu want Muslims dead so bad, why isn't he starting with Muslims within his domain? I appreciate your concern for lives of the Iranians but i wont tolerate you feeding this into Islamism or Muslim victim hood complex.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 2:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
usermane:

Typical, always crying Islamophobia if the likes of Netanyahu threaten Iran but never blaming it on your religion when people are massacred and beheaded by your co-religionsts in the Middle East. Its simple, if you detest non-Muslims blaming terror on your religion, also desist from blaming every oppression or aggression at any Muslim on Islamophobia.

FYI, 20% of Isrealis are Muslims who enjoy a better standard of living, rights and privileges than Iranian Jews who are not even considered as full citizens by virtue of their religion. If Netanyahu want Muslims dead so bad, why isn't he starting with Muslims within his domain? I appreciate your concern for lives of the Iranians but i wont tolerate you feeding this into Islamism or Muslim victim hood complex.

grin grin grin grin I seem to have hurt a nerve ending!
First Lie: Netanyahu Threatened to Strike Iran on the fraudulent pretext of Nuclear weapons, typically usermane is crying like his co-religionist zionist whose stock in trade is making false claims to spill muslim blood!

Second Lie: the Palestinian suffer the living side by side with one of the most evil and totalitarian regime on earth, Arabs living in Israel are denied their right to history, the Israeli govt insist despite the massacres that was formented by zionist, Arabs have no freedom of expression to call it Nakba.

Third Lie: netanyahu has been in the [ur=http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/1.637546l]muslim killing business[/url] for so many years. It is the fear of Iran that has stop chicken shit from attempting any rubbish. I dont know where this if he wanted muslims dead so badly coming from!

Fourth Lie: jews in Iran while they can enjoy many rights have for many years been enjoying, in fact they enjoy more rights than sunnis, so your lies here has no basis!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 9:09am On Feb 26, 2015
vedaxcool:

grin grin grin grin I seem to have hurt a nerve ending!
First Lie: Netanyahu Threatened to Strike Iran on the fraudulent pretext of Nuclear weapons, typically usermane is crying like his co-religionist zionist whose stock in trade is making false claims to spill muslim blood!

Whoever knows my religio-political views understand that i am against spilling blood of others for simply holding alternate views. You on the other hand cannot proudly say this, because your views which include slaying apostates or ''blasphemers'' are well documented.

Second Lie: the Palestinian suffer the living side by side with one of the most evil and totalitarian regime on earth, Arabs living in Israel are denied their right to history, the Israeli govt insist despite the massacres that was formented by zionist, Arabs have no freedom of expression to call it Nakba.

I don't know much about this, but is it allowed to call 9/11 and other Islamist terrors "Islamic or Jihad" in your opinions despite how much the terrorists invoked Islam?

Fourth Lie: jews in Iran while they can enjoy many rights have for many years been enjoying, in fact they enjoy more rights than sunnis, so your lies here has no basis!

The page that your link referred me to cement my claims. In summary, things are only recently getting better for Iranian Jews. Isreali Arabs have long passed that level. Give me a break.

The population of Jews in Iran today is markedly lower than their population in before the so called Islamic revolution, thanks to emigration. Iranian Jews had far more rights in secular Iran where Islamists where weakened than today 's Iran. Why hasn't there also been a marked decrease in Muslim numbers in Isreal, well guess what; most of the I6% of Isrealis who are Muslims would rather live in Israel than in any of the so called Muslim states like Iran.

While you brag that your co-religionists are growing in UK, US or France mostly due to immigration, ever wondered why non-Muslims are declining in Iran or Egypt mostly due to emigration? Compared to the number your co-religionists migrating to west, how many non-Muslims are migrating to the so called Muslim states? There is nothing to offer. Baha'ism is not even recognized as a religion in Iran, Bahai's in Iran face institutionalized persecution whereas these same Baha'is enjoy better freedom in Isreal. Atheism is a crime in Iran whereas Atheists are free in Isreal, how on earth do you dare compare Iran with Isreal in terms of rights of religious minorities?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:22am On Mar 01, 2015
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 5:48pm On Mar 02, 2015
usermane:

Whoever knows my religio-political views understand that i am against spilling blood of others for simply holding alternate views. You on the other hand cannot proudly say this, because your views which include slaying apostates or ''blasphemers'' are well documented.

grin grin grin grin you penchant for lies have no bounds indeed, care to provide proof? You political view celebrate death of Muslims while explaining away the actions of their assailants. Once the actions are reversed you begin to accuse muslims and Islam of being responsible!

usermane:

I don't know much about this, but is it allowed to call 9/11 and other Islamist terrors "Islamic or Jihad" in your opinions despite how much the terrorists invoked Islam?

Are you well at all, you are the same individual who has continued to insist every crime a muslim does is Islamic, now you are asking me whether you own opinion u repeatedly state is valid! Since you do not know , it is better you read the link given and know! Nakba

usermane:

The page that your link referred me to cement my claims. In summary, things are only recently getting better for Iranian Jews. ?

The bold is the point being made
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 5:52pm On Mar 02, 2015
Empiree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akZgIhGdjHE

Shocking, had a muslim no matter how deranged made such statement zionists and pseudo zionist apologist like usermane would be all around it, I doubt that usermane has bandwidth to watch the video!

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 11:27am On Mar 05, 2015
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 10:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
Finally.............NY Recognizes Eld Holidays! This Means Closure Of Public Schools
http://www.cair.com/press-center/press-releases/12888-cair-ny-applauds-addition-of-muslim-holidays-to-nyc-school-calendar.html

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 11:25pm On Mar 06, 2015
THE TRACELESS WARRIOR

SOME SAYINGS OF ISA IBN MARIYAM (Peace be upon him)

Translated from Aramaic into Arabic by Imam Muhammad al-Ghazali (May Allah
keep his Secret)

English versions by Mushtaq Ali al Ansari
Copyright 1999 all rights reserved

Bismillah Ar Rahman Ar Rahim

[size=15pt]It was written in the original Gospel:[/size]

Isa ibn Mariyam (AS) said:
Seek what you do not Know only after you
have put into practice what you do Know.

The disciples of Isa ibn Mariyam (AS) came to him and asked;
"O spirit of Allah, is there anyone else like you alive in our time?"
He replied: "Yes indeed, Whoever has the dhikr of Allah in his heart,
and is silent in thought, and who learns from what is given,
surely that one is like me."

Isa ibn Mariyam (AS), asked his people:
"Where do you find a plant growing?"
They replied: "In the dust of the earth."
He said: "By Al Haqq, I will tell you,
Marifat (Gnosis) does not grow except in a heart
that is like the dust of the earth."

Isa ibn Mariyam (AS), was walking with his companions
when they passed a dead dog by the side of the road.
His companions said: "What can be worse than the corruption of the unclean
dog!"
And Jesus replied: "His teeth, how brightly they shine."

Isa ibn Mariyam (AS) met a man and asked him what his profession was.
The man replied: "I worship Allah."
Isa (AS) then asked: 'Who feeds and clothes you while you worship?"
"My brother." The man replied.
Isa (AS) said: "Your brother's worship is better than your own."

Isa ibn Mariyam (AS) met three people while traveling,
They were pale and thin with fasting.
He asked them:
"What has caused this state in you?"
They said:
"Fear of the punishment of Allah"
Isa (AS) replied:
"Allah has taken it upon Himself to lessen your fear."
He continued on a ways and came across three more
who were pale and thin with fasting, even more than the last.
He asked them:
They answered:
"Desire for Allah's rewards"
Isa (AS) said: "Allah has taken it upon Himself
to give you what you long for."
Once again in his travels Isa ibn Mariyam (AS) came across yet another three
who were pale and thin with fasting.
Their faces shone as if they were lit from within.
so he asked them: "What is the cause of your state?"
They answered: "We love Allah, the Mighty, the Glorious."
Whereupon he replied: "You are the nearest, and nearer still!"

The companions of Isa ibn Mariyam (AS) said to him:
"Look at this temple, is it not beautiful?"
Isa (AS) replied: 'My people,
by al Haqq I tell you,
Allah does not leave from this temple standing
except to destroy it by the sins of it's inhabitants.
Surely, Allah does not care about gold and silver,
He does not care about this building that you admire so.
What Allah, the Most High loves are good hearts.
Allah inhabits the heart that remembers Him and He desolates
the heart that does not."

"Isa ibn Mariyam (AS),
passed by a group of men who shouted evil things at him.
In return Isa (AS) spoke to them with kindness.
His companions asked:
"Why did you reply to these men with kindness when they spoke evil to you?"
Isa (AS) replied: 'Everyone spends from the coin he has."

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 8:07am On Mar 07, 2015
vedaxcool: your penchant for lies have no bounds indeed, care to provide proof?

1. Sahih Bukhari 9:83:17

Narrated 'Abdullah: Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims."

2. Sunan Abi Dawud » Book of Prescribed Punishments (Kitab Al-Hudud)

Narrated Abdullah Ibn Abbas:

A blind man had a slave-mother who used to abuse the Prophet (ﷺ) and disparage him. He forbade her but she did not stop. He rebuked her but she did not give up her habit. One night she began to slander the Prophet (ﷺ) and abuse him. So he took a dagger, placed it on her belly, pressed it, and killed her. A child who came between her legs was smeared with the blood that was there. When the morning came, the Prophet (ﷺ) was informed about it.

He assembled the people and said: I adjure by Allah the man who has done this action and I adjure him by my right to him that he should stand up. Jumping over the necks of the people and trembling the man stood up.

He sat before the Prophet (ﷺ) and said: Messenger of Allah! I am her master; she used to abuse you and disparage you. I forbade her, but she did not stop, and I rebuked her, but she did not abandon her habit. I have two sons like pearls from her, and she was my companion. Last night she began to abuse and disparage you. So I took a dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it till I killed her.

Thereupon the Prophet (ﷺ) said: Oh be witness, no retaliation is payable for her blood.

You political view celebrate death of Muslims while explaining away the actions of their assailants. Once the actions are reversed you begin to accuse muslims and Islam of being responsible!

You search in my posts, for in them you think you will find faults in me and evidence to testify against me. And you will not believe me however factual my claims are. I do not desire approval of anyone. I know that you do not have the love of truth and morals in you. I come with ideas defending Islam from unholy teachings/views attributed to it like the above, but you deny me as some sort of impostor. If another come justifying such teachings in the name of God, him you will receive. Do not think that i care if you deny me, there is one that you deny; the plain truth:

Saudi Court Sentences Gangrape Victim

Saudi Court Gives Death Penalty To A Man Who Renounced Islam

The Case Of Aasia Bibi
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by 9jaforlife: 9:24am On Mar 07, 2015
Empiree:
JTHE TRACELESS WARRIOR

SOME SAYINGS OF ISA IBN MARIYAM (Peace be upon him)

Translated from Aramaic into Arabic by Imam Muhammad al-Ghazali (May Allah
keep his Secret)

English versions by Mushtaq Ali al Ansari
Copyright 1999 all rights reserved

Bismillah Ar Rahman Ar Rahim

[size=15pt]It was written in the original Gospel:[/size]

Isa ibn Mariyam (AS) said:
Seek what you do not Know only after you
have put into practice what you do Know.

The disciples of Isa ibn Mariyam (AS) came to him and asked;
"O spirit of Allah, is there anyone else like you alive in our time?"
He replied: "Yes indeed, Whoever has the dhikr of Allah in his heart,
and is silent in thought, and who learns from what is given,
surely that one is like me."

Isa ibn Mariyam (AS), asked his people:
"Where do you find a plant growing?"
They replied: "In the dust of the earth."
He said: "By Al Haqq, I will tell you,
Marifat (Gnosis) does not grow except in a heart
that is like the dust of the earth."

Isa ibn Mariyam (AS), was walking with his companions
when they passed a dead dog by the side of the road.
His companions said: "What can be worse than the corruption of the unclean
dog!"
And Jesus replied: "His teeth, how brightly they shine."

Isa ibn Mariyam (AS) met a man and asked him what his profession was.
The man replied: "I worship Allah."
Isa (AS) then asked: 'Who feeds and clothes you while you worship?"
"My brother." The man replied.
Isa (AS) said: "Your brother's worship is better than your own."

Isa ibn Mariyam (AS) met three people while traveling,
They were pale and thin with fasting.
He asked them:
They said:
"Fear of the punishment of Allah"
Isa (AS) replied:
"Allah has taken it upon Himself to lessen your fear."
He continued on a ways and came across three more
who were pale and thin with fasting, even more than the last.
He asked them:
They answered:
"Desire for Allah's rewards"
Isa (AS) said: "Allah has taken it upon Himself
to give you what you long for."
Once again in his travels Isa ibn Mariyam (AS) came across yet another three
who were pale and thin with fasting.
Their faces shone as if they were lit from within.
so he asked them: "What is the cause of your state?"
They answered: "We love Allah, the Mighty, the Glorious."
Whereupon he replied: "You are the nearest, and nearer still!"

The companions of Isa ibn Mariyam (AS) said to him:
"Look at this temple, is it not beautiful?"
Isa (AS) replied: 'My people,
by al Haqq I tell you,
Allah does not leave from this temple standing
except to destroy it by the sins of it's inhabitants.
Surely, Allah does not care about gold and silver,
He does not care about this building that you admire so.
What Allah, the Most High loves are good hearts.
Allah inhabits the heart that remembers Him and He desolates
the heart that does not."

"Isa ibn Mariyam (AS),
passed by a group of men who shouted evil things at him.
In return Isa (AS) spoke to them with kindness.
His companions asked:
"Why did you reply to these men with kindness when they spoke evil to you?"
Isa (AS) replied: 'Everyone spends from the coin he has."

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

This one na expo!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 11:05am On Mar 08, 2015
DEFINITION OF QUR'AN

[size=20pt]Q[/size] uality (Quran, chapter 41, verse 34)

[size=20pt]U[/size] nity (Quran, chapter 3, verse 103)

[size=20pt]R[/size] flection(Quran, chapter 4, verse 82)

[size=20pt]A[/size] ction (Quran, chapter 28, verse 77)

[size=20pt]N[/size] ature (Quran, chapter 3, verse 84)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 3:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
usermane:

[s]

You search in my posts, for in them you think you will find faults in me and evidence to testify against me. And you will not believe me however factual my claims are. I do not desire approval of anyone. I know that you do not have the love of truth and morals in you. I come with ideas defending Islam from unholy teachings/views attributed to it like the above, but you deny me as some sort of impostor. If another come justifying such teachings in the name of God, him you will receive. Do not think that i care if you deny me, there is one that you deny; the plain truth:
[/s]

I am hardly interested in your self doubts, this was your allegation which you dubiously somersaulted to avoid answering, not hadith but my interpretation of what they say, in other words my views:

usermane:

to which I replied
you penchant for lies have no bounds indeed, care to provide proof?

Please provide evidence of this well documented view of mine, since it is well documented it should be easy to find, quoting hadiths is not the issue, Failure to do so implies your treacherous dishonesty!

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 8:25pm On Mar 09, 2015
vedaxcool:

Please provide evidence of this well documented view of mine, since it is well documented it should be easy to find, quoting hadiths is not the issue, Failure to do so implies your treacherous dishonesty!

Quoting the hadith does sum it, those are Hadith which your classical clergy have authenticated. You believe in those clergy men, you stand by them, they are your heroes, celebrities, saints e.t.c. And since authentic Hadith are canon and authoritative as far as your understanding of Islam is concerned, those Hadith make up your views.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
usermane:

Quoting the hadith does sum it, those are Hadith which your classical clergy have authenticated. You believe in those clergy men, you stand by them, they are your heroes, celebrities, saints e.t.c. And since authentic Hadith are canon and authoritative as far as your understanding of Islam is concerned, those Hadith make up your views.
Mister usermane, please stop this nonsense of yours. There are thousands of ahadith and millions of Ulama with differences. They agree to disagree. They disagree to agree.

Stop this "your ulama" nonsense. Every hadith is not binding on anyone just because it's documented. I see your tactics as a form of disease in your heart. No one forces you to believe in anything. Get over it.

The same nonsense you spurt to your girlfriend on kufar section. Call your brain to order.

3 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 9:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
Empiree:

The same nonsense you spurt to your girlfriend on kufar section.

This is the second time you are mentioning this. Ifeann and i are just friends. Get your facts right and stop wasting time on irrelevancies.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 9:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
usermane:

stop wasting time on irrelevancies.
Exactly! you wasting your time, too.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 12:52am On Mar 10, 2015
What Happened to America's First Muslims?

What does it mean for a religion to be woven into American history?

The presence of Muslims in the early United States is well known to scholars -- historians have put their population in the tens of thousands -- yet when President Obama noted last month that "Islam has been woven into the fabric of our country since its founding," he was greeted with incredulous outrage.

There was controversial Christian historian David Barton scoffing that Islam's influence could be seen mainly in the role followers of Muhammad played in the slave trade and the Barbary Wars, while South Carolina Congressman Jeff Duncan wondered if the president's "Jakarta elementary education" might be responsible for his view of the past.

An editor of a Catholic newspaper put doubts about the president's historical literacy plainly when he asked, "Is he high?"

But it's not up for argument that this majority Christian nation has a spiritual history much more diverse than usually supposed.

As Obama's critics have noted, there were, of course, no Muslims among the Founding Fathers. Thomas Jefferson and John Adams both owned copies of the Quran, but they may have been as unaware of Muslims living in the young United States as David Barton and Jeff Duncan are today.

Muslims' presence here is affirmed in documents dated more than a century before religious liberty became the law of the land, as in a Virginia statute of 1682 which referred to "negroes, moores, molatoes, and others, born of and in heathenish, idollatrous, pagan, and Mahometan parentage and country" who "heretofore and hereafter may be purchased, procured, or otherwise obteigned, as slaves."

The number of Muslims brought to this predominantly Christian land would have equalled the populations of many religious groups in 18h century America. In fact, men and women with connections to Islam in the newly independent United States would have rivaled the memberships of Methodist or Roman Catholic churches, and far exceeded the number of Jews.

No one would challenge the notion that these other faiths "have been woven into the fabric of our country," so why has the presence of Muslims in early America been forgotten? In part because the role of religion in the origins of slavery has been replaced in popular memory with later distinctions made according to race.

Some of the original slavery laws actually were more concerned with the content of forced laborers' beliefs than with the color of their skin. From the perspective of Europeans of the time, the reason for this was clear: Belief could spread in a way that color could not.

Even in 1685, a Spanish law stated, "The introduction of Mohammedan slaves into America is forbidden on account of the danger which lies in their intercourse with the Indians." Religious difference was regarded as highly contagious, and thus dangerous.

In the English colonies of North America to which we more often trace our nation's history, slave owners originally assumed Christians should not be slaves. Christian servants might work for a predetermined period under slave-like indenture, but the duration of their servitude was limited by definition. Non­-Christians, on the other hand, could be trapped in bondage for life.

This arrangement soon proved untenable, however. If slavery was defined in relation to belief, conversion would become a potential path to freedom. Only after a Virginia law of 1667 guaranteed that baptism would not "alter the condition of the person as to his bondage or freedom," did English settlers declare that all enslaved men and women "brought or imported into this country, either by sea or land, whether Negroes, Moors, Mollattoes or Indians... shall be converted to the Christian faith."

The motivation for this was as much a matter of control as a genuine desire to spread the gospel. Praising the "beneficial effects of religious instruction" on the enslaved, one slaveholder later wrote, "those who have grown up under such instruction are more honest, truthful, moral... and devoted to their owners' interests than those who have not enjoyed the same advantages."

Given this history, it's no surprise that the place of Islam in the nation's past should make so many so uncomfortable. It was actively eradicated and replaced by the religious tradition with which the majority of Americans identify today.

Muslims were indeed here from the beginning, but the beliefs and practices they brought with them only rarely endured. Their experiences serve as a reminder that every faith woven into the fabric of our country has been made up of strands both light and dark.

[size=5pt]Image: Portrait of the enslaved Muslim Yarrow Mamout by Charles Willson Peale (1819), via Wikimedia.[/size]

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 8:39am On Mar 10, 2015
usermane:

[s]Quoting the hadith does sum it, those are Hadith which your classical clergy have authenticated. You believe in those clergy men, you stand by them, they are your heroes, celebrities, saints e.t.c. And since authentic Hadith are canon and authoritative as far as your understanding of Islam is concerned, those Hadith make up your views. [/s]

This shameless display of dishonesty is becoming uninteresting,

usermane:

Please provide this well documented views of mine since it is well documented you should be able to provide it in a twinkle of an eye, if you have lied you should have the simple human decency to apologise or just log out for 2 weeks and then pretend you didn't see this post!

This guy seems only interested in slandering Muslims and Islam!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 8:51am On Mar 10, 2015
Empiree:
Mister usermane, please stop this nonsense of yours. There are thousands of ahadith and millions of Ulama with differences. They agree to disagree. They disagree to agree.

Stop this "your ulama" nonsense. Every hadith is not binding on anyone just because it's documented. I see your tactics as a form of disease of the the heart. No one forces you to believe in anything. Get over it.

The same nonsense you spurt to your girlfriend on kufar section. Call your brain to order.

He is blatantly dishonest, ask for proof he begins to dance like salted maggot and chanting Ulama ulama, haba they didn't salt you! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 2:49am On Mar 11, 2015
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2015
There is a need for muslims across the country to support 'ACADIP' dawah and other organisations involve in similar struggle. The brothers are doing fantastic. May Allah bless them. Amin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:00am On Mar 19, 2015
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 8:07pm On Mar 22, 2015
Good day.

My latest paper; Face-Veil: Why The Ban? seek to answer the question in its title, why ban the face-veil commonly called Niqab in the Muslim discourse from public space?

Starting with the social implication of the veil it drives over a range of issues concerning the veil and these includes the position of the veil in Islam, is it obligatory, a recommendation or in fact, another one of those innovation incorporated into Islam by mere men.
However, it goes deeper than this, subjecting other elements of traditional Muslim women dress codes like head-covering, plain robes or cloaks(a.k.a Abaya, Jilbaab) to the same test.

Holding the Qur'an as the sole the criterion and authority in ascertaining the veracity of claims for these dress codes, it also dispute the orthodox interpretation of various words like ''Khimmaar, Juyub or Zinatahunna'' presenting alternative interpretation more in tune with rationalism, realism and the literary context of the verses which these words occur. To broaden the scope of the paper, an historical overview of the veil is briefly presented at the end equipping you with another means other than theology to view the veil, this could come in handy for historical research work.

For Muslims unconvinced of the the traditional narratives pertaining to women dress code in their community, this is a must read.

Shalom.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 9:50am On Mar 26, 2015
vedaxcool:

This shameless display of dishonesty is becoming uninteresting,
Please provide this well documented views of mine since it is well documented you should be able to provide it in a twinkle of an eye, if you have lied you should have the simple human decency to apologise or just log out for 2 weeks and then pretend you didn't see this post!
This guy seems only interested in slandering Muslims and Islam!

We all know which option he picked grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.