Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road (15028 Views)

Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by NewNigeriaMind: 5:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
yorke1:

But he did some federal roads based on agreement previously while didn't they include this particular road.

Please provide the source of that information before I respond to it.

The question is- why is such a critical road in such a sorry state.

Please let us leave sycophancy and politics, have you ever been to Apapa?

I am yet to figure out how people survive in that place. Yet billions of Naira exchange hand in that place every hour with majority going to the federal government.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by wellmax(m): 5:27pm On Jul 01, 2014
Come 2015, PDP will show the world this road and say APC has done nothing. SMH.
What a clueless and useless government, you abandon the road leading to your most vibrant port simply because the state is controlled by the opposition, mtcheeew. Pointless leadership.

1 Like

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by jdilight(m): 5:28pm On Jul 01, 2014
NewNigeriaMind: This is the federal road that leads to the port that generates billions of Naira on a yearly basis. This is the road to Apapa Road from Coconut Bus-stop through Tincan Island. It swallows trailer tyres and even causes containers to fall. Motorists say a journey that shouldn't take up to 5 minutes sometimes takes up to one hour. And this road has been like this for years. See more photos after the cut...

Source-Lindaikeji blog.

My opinion:

The federal government is non-existing in Lagos and south west generally.

When you post a road, drop us an address to verify please.

1 Like

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by ExpressBooking(m): 5:30pm On Jul 01, 2014
saasala: My neighbour is a tanker driver, he has narrated his ordeals with me several times. I myself have been through that road a couple of times. Its such a pityable bysmal pysmal and regrettably lugrubrious.

does you resemblance one Hon Patrick from Delta?
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by NewNigeriaMind: 5:30pm On Jul 01, 2014
wise_many2k: I ain't sympathetic to any political party but we should stop politicising everything. Why single out only 1 section? Please show pictures of the same stretch of road under construction from Mile 2 to cele b/stop.

Yes, it is true that the federal govt took a long time before taking action on that road but they have started work already...

So my ppl, be patient and allow government do their work.

[size=18pt]@OP and everyone viewing this thread, if u know you haven't urinated on that road, spewed out saliva or catarrh on that road, or threw satchet of water, biscuit, gala etc & empty bottle of lacasera, coke, or water on that road, then cast the 1st stone on the federal govt.[/size] We all (Lagosians) are guilty in 1 way or the order for the deplorable state of that road

Please for God sake let us say the truth always. The truth is constant.

No work is on going in Apapa or on any Apapa road as we speak. I was in Apapa last Saturday and I told the friend I drove down that nothing in this world will make me come back to that place. I am talking about the whole of Apapa all the way to Ijora and Badia no work is being done on the roads. stop the lies.

3 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by NewNigeriaMind: 5:31pm On Jul 01, 2014
jdilight:

When you post a road, drop us an address to verify please.

You dimwit read the post again.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by wellmax(m): 5:31pm On Jul 01, 2014
yorke1:
But he did some federal roads based on agreement previously while didn't they include this particular road.
So because he did some, he should leave the important task to take care of a road the leads to a port generating billions to the FG

Your mumuism is unequaled.

1 Like

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by jdilight(m): 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

You dimwit read the post again.

Yes, l saw a blog you got it from. But your subsequent post was an affirmation like one who has a first hand information on the post.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2014
USELESS GOVERNMENT + USELESS PEOPLE = NIGERIA

3 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by trux(m): 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

No work is on going in Apapa or on any Apapa road as we speak. I was in Apapa last Saturday and I told the friend I drove down that nothing in this world will make me come back to that place. I am talking about the whole of Apapa all the way to Ijora and Badia no work is being done on the roads. stop the lies.
U are right bro I can confirm this some time we do trek from coconut to mile 2 in short that road is dead trap

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by NewNigeriaMind: 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2014
jdilight:

Yes, l saw a blog you got it from. But your subsequent post was an affirmation like one who has a first hand information on the post.

I was in Apapa last Saturday, seeing it on that blog was what brought the harrowing memories of using the roads back.

Now are you satisfied I am also talking from first hand experience.

And my subsequent statement was that most if not all federal roads in Lagos and other south west states are in a sorry state.

1 Like

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Malakh: 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2014
wise_many2k:

See this yeye fowl, Na your village dey cursed cause the Nigeria i belong to is only sick but not cursed!!! angry
sick and cursed is the same thing, the country is under a curse, it doesn't take rocket science to figure that out
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by ooshinibos: 5:48pm On Jul 01, 2014
wow ..you wonder , how my country gotto this stage , it heart wrencing . sad case
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

My Brother, you misunderstood me. I never said they have started work on that stretch of the oshodi - apapa highway, i said they have started work on the whole lane. The work is in batches. They started with the mile2 - cele axis and after that other part of the road will be worked on. I guess their traffic management plan/report would have told them that mile2 - cele b/stop axis conveys more traffic than mile2 - apapa axis (because most ppl live after beyond cele bus stop and some of them divert from mile2 to ojo - badagry road, some others divert to alaba suru - iganmu road, while others head straight to apapa. Hence, they are tackling the area with the greatest traffic grid before moving to areas with less traffic grid but the fact is that the entire road work is in progress. wink

1 Like

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by doncaster(m): 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
youngmonie:

IDIOT, THEY SAID SOMETHING IS A FEDERAL ROAD, THIS ONE IS SHOUTING TINUBU, IS HE THE GOVERNOR? how may projects are at logged head in lagos state which the federal government is stopping them from doing all because they are federal properties..numerous
did you not read when south westerners are telling ignored people to do second niger bridge?

4 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by tevinsolt: 5:51pm On Jul 01, 2014
wise_many2k:

See this yeye fowl, Na your village dey cursed cause the Nigeria i belong to is only sick but not cursed!!! angry
you're an idiot, isn't the village part of what makes up Nigeria, dumbos these day.....smh
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 01, 2014
Malakh: sick and cursed is the same thing, the country is under a curse, it doesn't take rocket science to figure that out

I still maintain that the country ain't cursed. The problem is that ppl like you and 1 have refused to do the right thing. We rather accept a dysfunctional system than a working system. We don't want to pay tax yet we want govt to extract money from the air and do everything. Yet when we go to europe and america, we stand in-line and work according to their system.

So my brother, i don't call it a curse, i call it indiscipline and corruption.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Joshuadon: 5:53pm On Jul 01, 2014
WAT CAN I SAY................

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2014
Obasanjo stayed 8 yrs without doing this same road buh nobody complained. The present govt have strted work on the road so u guys shuld just shut d Bleep up. Or wasn't d road as important as it is now wen obj was d president?

5 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 01, 2014
doncaster: did you not read when south westerners are telling ignored people to do second niger bridge?
U see? Wht goes around comes around
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by NewNigeriaMind: 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2014
Before some people think this is an attack on Jonathan...... Nope

That area is that bad because previous government and the present government have failed in their responsibility to us all.

We should never have to praise government for constructing good roads. They are spending our money, the worst part is, they are not even acting like they care. Also the Port Authority is another case on its own. I believe federal office have something called corporate social responsibility. Its only in Victoria Island that I have seen socially responsible institutions and that is because they are private companies. Apapa port authority alone can put those roads back to world class shape without recourse to the federal government.

3 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by biafransoul: 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2014
NewNigeriaMind: This is the federal road that leads to the port that generates billions of Naira on a yearly basis. This is the road to Apapa Road from Coconut Bus-stop through Tincan Island. It swallows trailer tyres and even causes containers to fall. Motorists say a journey that shouldn't take up to 5 minutes sometimes takes up to one hour. And this road has been like this for years. See more photos after the cut...

Source-Lindaikeji blog.

My opinion:

The federal government is non-existing in Lagos and south west generally.

Hypocrite! It's a Federal road and exclusively under the purview of the FG, how come Plasma officials and all those useless Lagos agencies are milking Nigerians dry on that same road? When it's bad it becomes only Federal Road.
Tell me; what Lagos state govt done about the bad roads in the state? e.g Ago palace way, ijegun, ejigbo Alimosho etc.

2 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by NewNigeriaMind: 6:00pm On Jul 01, 2014
norseman2: Obasanjo stayed 8 yrs without doing this same road buh nobody complained. The present govt have strted work on the road so u guys shuld just shut d Bleep up. Or wasn't d road as important as it is now wen obj was d president?

Gosh!!! this is not about tribe or region...... this about the ruling class. I am sure same complains were made during obj REGIME.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by pjohne200144: 6:00pm On Jul 01, 2014
norseman2: Obasanjo stayed 8 yrs without doing this same road buh nobody complained. The present govt have strted work on the road so u guys shuld just shut d Bleep up. Or wasn't d road as important as it is now wen obj was d president?

you fool stop telling us lies

1 Like

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2014
wise_many2k: I ain't sympathetic to any political party but we should stop politicising everything. Why single out only 1 section? Please show pictures of the same stretch of road under construction from Mile 2 to cele b/stop.

Yes, it is true that the federal govt took a long time before taking action on that road but they have started work already...

[size=18pt]@OP and everyone viewing this thread, if u know you haven't urinated on that road, spewed out saliva or catarrh on that road, or threw satchet of water, biscuit, gala etc & empty bottle of lacasera, coke, or water on that road, then cast the 1st stone on the federal govt.[/size] We all (Lagosians) are guilty in 1 way or the order for the deplorable state of that road

I haven't done all those disgusting things!

2 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by disloman(m): 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2014
Una don start d trade blame game again.When OBJ was in power,the road wasn't in such state.what I say is that FG is busy rehabilitating mile 2 n environ while d state govt busy with d roads within apapa.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2014
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by NewNigeriaMind: 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2014
biafran soul:

Hypocrite! It's a Federal road and exclusively under the purview of the FG, how come Plasma officials and all those useless Lagos agencies are milking Nigerians dry on that same road? When it's bad it becomes only Federal Road.
Tell me; what Lagos state govt done about the bad roads in the state? e.g Ago palace way, ijegun, ejigbo Alimosho etc.

You can create another thread and we can all criticize the state government too on its duties if you know of places he should have repaired.

Don't you get it, this is not about APC or PDP or North or South, this is about calling the ruling class to their responsibility.

If you have pictures of important state roads in bad shape kindly post them online. Maybe someone close to the state government will see it and actions will be taken.

But this thread is about federal roads please don't derail with sycophancy.

3 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by leftone: 6:07pm On Jul 01, 2014

Patient for how long? I have worked on that axis for 3 years...

2 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
Nigeria has
always been a joke.

1 Like

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by KwoiZabo(m): 6:15pm On Jul 01, 2014
I work on tincan island and if I upload my own pics, nairaland server will crash again. Julius Berger is doing well in its own end but borini prono at coconut end has stopped working for any a yr now.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by skullz: 6:30pm On Jul 01, 2014
This road is the mother of all bad roads in Nigeria. Talking from first hand experience.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What We Are Doing About Influx Of ISIS Into Nigeria – FG / 6 Ignorant Things Nigerians Do That Hinder Development In Nigeria / Ifeanyi Ubah: Why I’m Caucusing With APC Despite Belonging To YPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.