Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road (15026 Views)

Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by samplegirl(f): 10:34pm On Jul 01, 2014
saasala: My neighbour is a tanker driver, he has narrated his ordeals with me several times. I myself have been through that road a couple of times. Its such a pityable bysmal pysmal and regrettably lugrubrious. Read this article on the state of roads in Lagos: http://www..com/lagos-roads-bad-roads-bad-network-long-queues/

Your neighbor is a tanker driver, you on your side is a danfo driver. So you two gossip what the government has done wrong but nobody tells us what the government has done right. Abeg park wella.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2014
wise_many2k: I ain't sympathetic to any political party but we should stop politicising everything. Why single out only 1 section? Please show pictures of the same stretch of road under construction from Mile 2 to cele b/stop.

Yes, it is true that the federal govt took a long time before taking action on that road but they have started work already...

So my ppl, be patient and allow government do their work.

[size=18pt]@OP and everyone viewing this thread, if u know you haven't urinated on that road, spewed out saliva or catarrh on that road, or threw satchet of water, biscuit, gala etc & empty bottle of lacasera, coke, or water on that road, then cast the 1st stone on the federal govt.[/size] We all (Lagosians) are guilty in 1 way or the order for the deplorable state of that road

Really!!!
so it is the OP's urine, saliva, catarrh etc that got the road bad to that extent? So what is the work of road cleaners? what is the worl of FERMa, your sound more clueless than your master, Jonathan!!

2 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by saasala(m): 10:40pm On Jul 01, 2014
samplegirl:

Your neighbor is a tanker driver, you on your side is a danfo driver.
And your bus conductor boyfriend and agbero brother didnt tell you what they face everyday on the same road.

1 Like

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Olaolufred(m): 10:41pm On Jul 01, 2014
[size=18pt] THIS ROAD IS THE TRUE MEANING OF " FRESH AIR" [/size]
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by ifeojobas(f): 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
Well done @op. I was still talking about this road today. Pictures don't do that road justice mehn! To say that it's terrible is an understatement. And the container issue there ehn.. it is well!
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by sirfemoz(m): 11:18pm On Jul 01, 2014
This OP is totally Biased and Sentimental.. Why didn't you capture from Cele Bus stop down to Apapa which Julius Beger is handling now. You won't do that, instead you went and dig up picture of Tin can for us to start cursing FG.. I pity you.. If you want to critisize, do it wholsomely.. Some people here have not been to lagos or even know where Tin Can is located. They are just commenting based on pix..

1 Like

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by amacastel: 1:17am On Jul 02, 2014
biafran soul:

Hypocrite! It's a Federal road and exclusively under the purview of the FG, how come Plasma officials and all those useless Lagos agencies are milking Nigerians dry on that same road? When it's bad it becomes only Federal Road.
Tell me; what Lagos state govt done about the bad roads in the state? e.g Ago palace way, ijegun, ejigbo Alimosho etc.

Thank u jare tell them u forgot ajao estate, ojo alaba, iyana ejigbo infact across mile 2 all state road there are in deplorable condition Obj was president 4 8 good yrs thing was done on that road yaradua for 2yrs no show na now Linda ikeji hypocrite will want to talk pls make una leave dis man (president)alone. Nigeria is scattered b4 he came in he is trying to put thing in place gradually HE IS NOT A MAGICIAN una wan kill GEJ as for his wife na her God wey don bless her u haters have no choice rather hugging transformer

1 Like

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by amacastel: 1:22am On Jul 02, 2014
biafran soul:

Hypocrite! It's a Federal road and exclusively under the purview of the FG, how come Plasma officials and all those useless Lagos agencies are milking Nigerians dry on that same road? When it's bad it becomes only Federal Road.
Tell me; what Lagos state govt done about the bad roads in the state? e.g Ago palace way, ijegun, ejigbo Alimosho etc.

Thank u jare tell them u forgot ajao estate, ojo alaba, iyana ejigbo infact across mile 2 all state road there are in deplorable condition Obj was president 4 8 good yrs nothing was done on that road yaradua for 2yrs no show na now hypocrite talk pls make una leave dis man (president)alone. Nigeria is scattered b4 he came in he is trying to put things in order gradually HE IS NOT A MAGICIAN una wan kill GEJ?
As for his wife na her God wey don bless her u haters have no choice rather hugging transformer . Fashola built ajah _lekki rd and collect toll gate ba he should build that 1 too afterall the money they make in the port lagos state govt follow they chop am or beta still repair the rd and ask fed govt to refund him later like his fellow APC member Sen Chris NGIGE did in anambra when he was the governor
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by mbulela: 6:57am On Jul 02, 2014
wise_many2k: I ain't sympathetic to any political party but we should stop politicising everything. Why single out only 1 section? Please show pictures of the same stretch of road under construction from Mile 2 to cele b/stop.

Yes, it is true that the federal govt took a long time before taking action on that road but they have started work already...

[size=18pt]@OP and everyone viewing this thread, if u know you haven't urinated on that road, spewed out saliva or catarrh on that road, or threw satchet of water, biscuit, gala etc & empty bottle of lacasera, coke, or water on that road, then cast the 1st stone on the federal govt.[/size] We all (Lagosians) are guilty in 1 way or the order for the deplorable state of that road

I wonder who the clowns liking this comment are?
On the basis of your conditions,I am qualified to throw a mighty rock not just the first stone at the Fg.
The state of that road is an utter indictment of the FG. Why should the mile 2 axis be shown? How many years did it take the govt to begin that repair? Have you seen the pace of work? That apapa -oshodi expressway is proof of a failed state.
Have you seen the hold up in front of Fatgbems that. Stretches to Apple junction by 5.30am? The federal govt is utterly useless and allowing that road deteriorate to that point is an impeachable offence in saner climes. Don't give me that crap about the road being ignored for decades,if GEJ had a functioning brain cell,he would have begun rehabilitation on that road a week after he was sworn in. It is that vital.

As for the APC hypocrites,the Orile road is enough reason to lock up BRF for life. That road is a stain on all his good works. A road that the drainage was blocked before the road was open for use? A road that we do not even know when it was completed because it has been in one state of disrepair or the other in the last 5 years. Have you seen the traffic on Orile road recently?
Since Lagosians have decided to use poverty as an excuse for being as dirty as pigs,why not treat them like the animals they are? Flog some sanity into the people street trading along the Orile length of Orile road? Those pigs are too dirty and filth generating to be called humans.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by mbulela: 7:01am On Jul 02, 2014
amacastel:

Thank u jare tell them u forgot ajao estate, ojo alaba, iyana ejigbo infact across mile 2 all state road there are in deplorable condition Obj was president 4 8 good yrs nothing was done on that road yaradua for 2yrs no show na now hypocrite talk pls make una leave dis man (president)alone. Nigeria is scattered b4 he came in he is trying to put things in order gradually HE IS NOT A MAGICIAN una wan kill GEJ?
As for his wife na her God wey don bless her u haters have no choice rather hugging transformer . Fashola built ajah _lekki rd and collect toll gate ba he should build that 1 too afterall the money they make in the port lagos state govt follow they chop am or beta still repair the rd and ask fed govt to refund him later like his fellow APC member Sen Chris NGIGE did in anambra when he was the governor

So because Nigeria was scattered before,he has earned a right to scatter it more? The way some of you reason,I wonder if God allows you life to be run the way these clueless and docile clowns run this country,if you will be happy?
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by hotwax: 7:18am On Jul 02, 2014
Nigeria is a joke.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 02, 2014
The federal government is relatively trying in the maintenance of federal roads in lagos, the op should have taken mile 2-cele, agege motor park road, ojodu berger-third mainland bridge-cms etc a lot of federal govt roads are ok in lagos, so op go and eat amala, you are an APC propagandist.

1 Like

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by eaglechild: 7:30am On Jul 02, 2014
I thought Lagos state government had vision, why didn't they undertake the repair and then apply for reimbursement by the FG?

Fake progressives.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by disloman(m): 7:36am On Jul 02, 2014
amacastel:

Thank u jare tell them u forgot ajao estate, ojo alaba, iyana ejigbo infact across mile 2 all state road there are in deplorable condition Obj was president 4 8 good yrs thing was done on that road yaradua for 2yrs no show na now Linda ikeji hypocrite will want to talk pls make una leave dis man (president)alone. Nigeria is scattered b4 he came in he is trying to put thing in place gradually HE IS NOT A MAGICIAN una wan kill GEJ as for his wife na her God wey don bless her u haters have no choice rather hugging transformer
Never knew u were this stu...pid,daft,fooli..sh,clueless,senseless,brainless,animalistic in nature etc.Though,all road should b rehabilitated n maintained but u can't compare apapa roads to those u mentioned.Do u knw how much FG generate from biz transactions made each day in apapa?Hundred of thousands of lives r put to risks plying that route.Just a tour n u will shed tears.Apapa is bad state.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by disloman(m): 7:41am On Jul 02, 2014
eaglechild: I thought Lagos state government had vision, why didn't they undertake the repair and then apply for reimbursement by the FG?

Fake progressives.
Bro,stop hating.Lagos state govt had rehabilitated some n still carrying out some projects on roads within apapa.Just come to apapa n c things urself.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by disloman(m): 7:48am On Jul 02, 2014
customized13: The federal government is relatively trying in the maintenance of federal roads in lagos, the op should have taken mile 2-cele, agege motor park road, ojodu berger-third mainland bridge-cms etc a lot of federal govt roads are ok in lagos, so op go and eat amala, you are an APC propagandist.
U guys just keep mentioning mile2-cele road.That road is not as bad comparing to tincan,liverpool,creek road,coconut.Bro!U can lie oooo.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 02, 2014
disloman: U guys just keep mentioning mile2-cele road.That road is not as bad comparing to tincan,liverpool,creek road,coconut.Bro!U can lie oooo.
what's wrong with this one, even all the way from berger suya to cele bus stop, ojodu berger to cms, mushin to ikeja along (I don't knw how well beyond ikeja), ikorodu road all the way from mile 12-fadeyi (the section am sure about) to surulere-iponri-costain, even lagos-babadgry expressway from mile 2 to iganmu area (na fashola dey construct monorail for their wey make am look somehow) are all in a good state . So what do you people want GEJ to do?

2 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 02, 2014
mulante: The Federal Government will get there soon. The president is busy at the moment trying to fulfill the promises he made during his campaign to other states. It'll be the turn of Lagos state in 2016. This is why you have to vote for GEJ for continuity.

grin grin grin abi ooo
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by sucess001(m): 10:28am On Jul 02, 2014

the minute u realise u re an eddi0t...then you will be liberated....according to u..its pple's saliva that spoilt the road? scuum bag!
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 02, 2014
mickyarams:
Is that your father you are describing?

I won't insult your father back because i know he didn't train a fool.... Learn to respect ppl.... Trade words with me like a man and don't enter the child lane by bringing our parents into this dialogue
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by mickyarams: 11:41am On Jul 02, 2014
wise_many2k:

I won't insult your father back because i know he didn't train a fool.... Learn to respect ppl.... Trade words with me like a man and don't enter the child lane by bringing our parents into this dialogue

Maybe you should have thought of that first before insulting your father in the first place. People like you are the reason Nigeria will remain 4cked for a long time. Silly slowpoke!
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by zurine(f): 11:48am On Jul 02, 2014
hmm
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by FEMoxylian: 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2014
Thats the very situation we go through everyday, you dare not take your car to work in apapa through this route. A friend resumed work 11:30am yesterday instead of 7:00am after arriving mile2 at 5:10am. We need a sound physician to examine the brains of people in decision
making positions in this country.People die and businesses collapse everyday due to bad road but am very sure the road will recieve attention before 2015.....campaign strategy.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by disloman(m): 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2014
customized13: what's wrong with this one, even all the way from berger suya to cele bus stop, ojodu berger to cms, mushin to ikeja along (I don't knw how well beyond ikeja), ikorodu road all the way from mile 12-fadeyi (the section am sure about) to surulere-iponri-costain, even lagos-babadgry expressway from mile 2 to iganmu area (na fashola dey construct monorail for their wey make am look somehow) are all in a good state . So what do you people want GEJ to do?
U r a bloody liar.Go n check those who r rehabilitating n tell us.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by goksongold(m): 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2014
This road have been like this for quite some years now, so am not surprise, that's to tell u the type of government we have at the federal level. How much will it cost them to fix this road compared to what thre r generating from the sea ports on this road?
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by shamson: 6:56pm On Jul 02, 2014

God punish you for this useless comment.the kind of encounter I personally experience on that road is bitter en.
I remembered several occasion wen I held on tight to okada at mercy of God praying not to be compress by a dangling trailer carrying container
I just prayed Almighty will management the live of those of you that have been supporting this non performing government the way they managed the economy of this country.
please type you Big Ameen for people to see
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by shamson: 6:57pm On Jul 02, 2014

God punish you for this useless comment.the kind of encounter I personally experience on that road is bitter en.
I remembered several occasion wen I held on tight to okada at mercy of God praying not to be compress by a dangling trailer carrying container
I just prayed Almighty will manage the live of those of you that have been supporting this non performing government/party the way they have been manage the economy of this country.
please type your Big Ameen for people to see
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2014
samplegirl:

Your neighbor is a tanker driver, you on your side is a danfo driver. So you two gossip what the government has done wrong but nobody tells us what the government has done right. Abeg park wella.
take a look at the gibberish you wrote up there. kindly tell us what the govt has done right in Nigeria?
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by redsun(m): 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2014
To think that a road that generate billions of naira on yearly basis can be a death trap like this truly explains the blurred mentality of a typical blackman.He does not understand the essence of what he does,even though he is doing it and in some way sparcely living off it.He is like a partially blind blackman that walks with a white stick.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by redsun(m): 9:22pm On Jul 02, 2014
To think that a road that generate billions of naira on yearly basis can be a death trap like this truly explains the blurred mentality of a typical blackman.He does not understand the essence of what he does,even though he is doing it and in some way sparcely lives off it.He is like a partially blind blackman that walks with a white stick.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by basilo101: 9:27pm On Jul 02, 2014
U lafd at us n told us 2 contribute moni n build 2nd niger bridge conecting 2 geopolitical zones so wats stoping u frm doing same on d said road? Abi una wan beg lyk us?
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by samplegirl(f): 11:16pm On Jul 02, 2014
franciskaine: take a look at the gibberish you wrote up there. kindly tell us what the govt has done right in Nigeria?

Nothing really. Everything about this country is negative but including you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu / Frustrated Herdsmen State Readiness To Vacate Benue Valley / EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.