Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road (15029 Views)

Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 01, 2014
doncaster: did you not read when south westerners are telling ignored people to do second niger bridge?
lol...i wonder o, i thought lagos is ther almighty abode cant they build an ordinary road without the fg
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by femmy2010(m): 6:37pm On Jul 01, 2014
wise_many2k: I ain't sympathetic to any political party but we should stop politicising everything. Why single out only 1 section? Please show pictures of the same stretch of road under construction from Mile 2 to cele b/stop.

Yes, it is true that the federal govt took a long time before taking action on that road but they have started work already...

So my ppl, be patient and allow government do their work.

i WISH U PLY THAT ROUTE THEN U WONT USE THE WORD "PATIENT".
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by KLand(m): 6:38pm On Jul 01, 2014
OP. This has political undertone. We cannot be fooled all the time.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by obayaya(m): 7:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
SirShymex: Utterly shameful!!

Is there a federal government in that country, since it seems it has failed woefully in all aspects of governance, apart from sycophancy and spamming everywhere with the fugly face of GEJ the weasel and his obese illiterate wife?

What a country! undecided

I know you wouldn't miss an opportunity to run your mouth.

Apart from football, most of the things that comes out of your mouth disgust me angry

2 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by obayaya(m): 7:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
wise_many2k:

My Brother, you misunderstood me. I never said they have started work on that stretch of the oshodi - apapa highway, i said they have started work on the whole lane. The work is in batches. They started with the mile2 - cele axis and after that other part of the road will be worked on. I guess their traffic management plan/report would have told them that mile2 - cele b/stop axis conveys more traffic than mile2 - apapa axis (because most ppl live after beyond cele bus stop and some of them divert from mile2 to ojo - badagry road, some others divert to alaba suru - iganmu road, while others head straight to apapa. Hence, they are tackling the area with the greatest traffic grid before moving to areas with less traffic grid but the fact is that the entire road work is in progress. wink
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by obayaya(m): 7:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
KwoiZabo: I work on tincan island and if I upload my own pics, nairaland server will crash again. Julius Berger is doing well in its own end but borini prono at coconut end has stopped working for any a yr now.

So work is really going on on the said road?
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by mickyarams: 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2014
wise_many2k:

See this yeye fowl, Na your village dey cursed cause the Nigeria i belong to is only sick but not cursed!!! angry
Is that your father you are describing?
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
CALABAR ITU HIGHWAY
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 01, 2014
obayaya:
I know you wouldn't miss an opportunity to run your mouth.

Apart from football, most of the things that comes out of your mouth disgust me angry

Bruv, take your sycophancy off my post...no time for time wasters.

Perhaps, if you spend more time thinking straight like every other upstanding human beings in other parts of world, living in countries that actually do work, you wouldn't make sycophancy and idi.ocy a career while scrounging for crumbs everywhere. undecided

You know what should actually disgust you if you had a brain and a conscience?

- The fact that Nigeria has refused to work after 50 years.
- The fact that there are no functioning infrastructures and institutions in Nigeria.
- The fact that tens of thousands of Nigerians have lost their lives to BH's carnage, yet it's business as usual.
- The fact that the overwhelming majority of Nigerians are dirt-poor despite the huge resources in that country.
- The fact that $20 billion is still missing, and no one has been held accountable.
- The fact that this particular FG is more or less non-existent.
- The fact that nothing works in Nigeria and corruption is rife. Etc.

A few examples of what should disgust you, Mr. Sycophantic Pseud and PDP political jobber!

5 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by obayaya(m): 7:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
SirShymex:

Perhaps, if you spend more time thinking straight like every other upstanding human beings in other parts of world, living in countries that actually do work, you wouldn't make sycophancy and idi.ocy a career while scrounging for crumbs everywhere. undecided

Nigga shut the _Fuck up!!! you are always quick to open your mouth and vomit trash without thinking. what did that post of yours achieve apart from projecting your _stupidity for the world to see.

Not being a sycophant doesn't mean you have to open your mouth to wide and cast aspersions on ppl because you happen to have internet connection.

Rubbishhh

3 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by toluene12: 7:59pm On Jul 01, 2014
biafran soul:

Hypocrite! It's a Federal road and exclusively under the purview of the FG, how come Plasma officials and all those useless Lagos agencies are milking Nigerians dry on that same road? When it's bad it becomes only Federal Road.
Tell me; what Lagos state govt done about the bad roads in the state? e.g Ago palace way, ijegun, ejigbo Alimosho etc.

The way u people support jonathan is irritating n sickening to say the least.

@ op, I strongly believe F.G's first step at renovation is to get those trailers off that road.
Let there be a fuctioning railway system that connects the port to hinterland.
That road transports virtually everything imported and consumed in this country, including fuel.
There's need to lessen the pressure on the road and a rail system will do just that.
There should be a parking space for trailers and all those tanker drivers should be forced to use it.
They should stop packing by the side of the express road.
Finally, F.G should force importers to use altenative ports in others coastal areas.
Goods destined for southeast and nigerdelta has no business plying that route.
They can use calabar, oron, port harcourt or sapele ports.
Or else any renovation work is worthless and those trucks will destroy any road reconstruction within 5 yrs even if its world class.

2 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 01, 2014
obayaya:
Nigga shut the _Fuck up!!! you are always quick to open your mouth and vomit trash without thinking. what did that post of yours achieve apart from projecting your _stupidity for the world to see.

Not being a sycophant doesn't mean you have to open your mouth to wide and cast aspersions on ppl because you happen to have internet connection.

Rubbishhh

At least I expressed my opinions the way I feel, something you can't do, without getting a few crumbs in return, you idi.otic bum. You're dirt-poor hence you run around everywhere like a rat, crumb-munching to survive, you hunger induced anorexic oaf!

I cast on aspersions on pathetic bells like you and useless pricks who have continued to destroy the future of millions, due to their innate greed and wickedness. And I'll say it to their faces and spit on them. Separate real from fake, I don't respect no man, and you have to earn it, you broke git.

Go su.ck on GEJ's nuts for more crumbs, phaggot.

Obayaya, more like O-bum-yap-yap...freaking fa.g.

1 Like

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Gboliwe: 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2014
Na wa! Looks like this is a general street madness across the entire country. They say charity begins at home abi? I was in Abia, Aba specifically a couple of days back, I still wonder how I made it out alive! The dirt and stench of that city is on its very high. The roads nko? No single stretch of road was worth it. I watched at some point a keke driver and two passengers thrown right into a pond in the middle of what we call a road. So very shameful. Then I moved to Rivers state, I always get a shock each time I pass through the Eleme/Akpajo road. I wonder how pregnant women manage through their pregnancies plying that road. If you think that one is bad, try connecting from Oil Mill through Old Refinery road, you will weep! Trans-amadi? Don't even go there! Me, I'm not interested in whose road it is whether FG or SG, I just want things to get right. Shikina. Blame the rains, or the contractors, or the road users, or the government just get the roads worked on and this should be across the entire country

5 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
youngmonie: And the Reno was blabbing about this same road being renovated on twitter, cant pin point to one federal project the FG enbarked upon in the SW apart from the Lagos -IB which they are alredy saying another story again
dnt mind d f0ol called Reno. All the roads in Apapa are dilapidated. Wharf Road, Creek Road, Liverpool etc. The worst of them is Liverpool Roundabout.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by obayaya(m): 8:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
SirShymex:

You know what should actually disgust you if you had a brain and a conscience?

- The fact that Nigeria has refused to work after 50 years.
- The fact that there are no functioning infrastructures and institutions in Nigeria.
- The fact that tens of thousands of Nigerians have lost their lives to BH's carnage, yet it's business as usual.
- The fact that the overwhelming majority of Nigerians are dirt-poor despite the huge resources in that country.
- The fact that $20 billion is still missing, and no one has been held accountable.
- The fact that this particular FG is more or less non-existent.
- The fact that nothing works in Nigeria and corruption is rife. Etc.

A few examples of what should disgust you, Mr. Sycophantic Pseud and PDP political jobber!

*And Nigeria hasn't been working for 50 years, how does that justify your scathing comments on the president. Was he the president for those 50 years?

* There's no functioning infrastructure? blame it on the aggregation of marginal losses these last 50 years

* Your almighty USA and perfect UK are presently trying helping us deal with Boko Haram. How is that business as usual. Or do you want the country to shut down because of Boko Haram?

* Define Dirty Poor

* 20 billion dollars? Are you sure? His Majesty SLS mentioned 49 billion dollars

* FG is non existent and Shymexx is running the country

* Nothing works in Nigeria? Nairaland works tongue just to say the least.

You've got no right to even complain that nothing works in this country when you've made 0 effort to make any change in this country.

But that's by the way. The point is you always talk rubbish just to get noticed. You can make whatever point you have without insulting anybody especially Mr President.

If you value and respect Nigeria, you'll respect her president

Cheers mate

4 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
jdilight:

When you post a road, drop us an address to verify please.
his pix are true! If you want let's meet at Tin Can tomorrow
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by obayaya(m): 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2014
SirShymex:

At least I expressed my opinions the way I feel, something you can't do, without getting a few crumbs in return, you idi.otic bum. You're dirt-poor hence you run around everywhere like a rat, crumb-munching to survive, you hunger induced anorexic oaf!

I cast on aspersions on pathetic bells like you and useless pricks who have continued to destroy the future of millions, due to their innate greed and wickedness. And I'll say it to their faces and spit on them. Separate real from fake, I don't respect no man, and you have to earn it, you broke git.

Go su.ck on GEJ's nuts for more crumbs, phaggot.

Obayaya, more like O-bum-yap-yap...freaking fa.g.

The pitiful voice of a frustrated man!!!

People who are quick to throw insults are low lifers who must try to berate others just to feel good about themselves.

I believe you belong to that category of people grin

3 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 01, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

Please for God sake let us say the truth always. The truth is constant.

No work is on going in Apapa or on any Apapa road as we speak. I was in Apapa last Saturday and I told the friend I drove down that nothing in this world will make me come back to that place. I am talking about the whole of Apapa all the way to Ijora and Badia no work is being done on the roads. stop the lies.
I work in Apapa(Tin Can to be precise). The Roads to Apapa and within Apapa are eye sores. If you doubt me we can meet 2morw or any day(working hour @ Tin Can)
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Funjosh(m): 8:25pm On Jul 01, 2014
This is serious
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by kemifemi: 8:29pm On Jul 01, 2014
KwoiZabo: I work on tincan island and if I upload my own pics, nairaland server will crash again. Julius Berger is doing well in its own end but borini prono at coconut end has stopped working for any a yr now.
. Thank you my brother. I work in apapa and can confirm this. That road is in a terrible state. The tankers and trailer carrying containers plying that route in a day is countless. I once had a near death experience between westminister and warehouse. A trailer laden with 2 containers fell into a ditch and swerved towards the car I was in. It was the grace of God that saved us that day o.If you don't ply that route, you won't understand the pain commuters go through each day. Wharf road,creek road,and liverpool is in very bad shape. NPA's revenue for march and april from the 2 ports is whooping 63b naira and the FG has not deemed it fit to fix that road. @ op, please when will they complete the trailer park between liverpool and 1st gate cos I don't understand why its taking forever.

2 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 01, 2014
Don't mind them. someone that doesn't know anything about the contracts spilling rubbish. only berger is doing their part which is from Berger under bridge to cele . the other contractor, broni prono are indigenous one and no where to be found almost 16 months now from my calculation. they are responsible for this section.
I was hooked for over 3hours at night last 3 months at these spots while coming from apapa just from 1st gate to pioneer/west minister. i escaped few minutes before mid night a journey of 5 minutes.
that was the last time I passed through that road.
Liverpool round about is another death trap.
people that knows nothing about apapa roads and the contracts should just keep quiet and stop arguing unnecessarily.

NewNigeriaMind:
Please for God sake let us say the truth always. The truth is constant.

No work is on going in Apapa or on any Apapa road as we speak. I was in Apapa last Saturday and I told the friend I drove down that nothing in this world will make me come back to that place. I am talking about the whole of Apapa all the way to Ijora and Badia no work is being done on the roads. stop the lies.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 01, 2014
obayaya:
The pitiful voice of a frustrated man!!!

People who are quick to throw insults are low lifers who must try to berate others just to feel good about themselves.

I believe you belong to that category of people grin

Crying like a biat.ch now, no? I can see the bi.tch in you, phaggot.

Who started the insult? You started it, and now that I returned the favour - the bi.tch in you came out in full glare.

Stop crying, nyggah! That's a bi.tch move! grin
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
obayaya:

*And Nigeria hasn't been working for 50 years, how does that justify your scathing comments on the president. Was he the president for those 50 years?

* There's no functioning infrastructure? blame it on the aggregation of marginal losses these last 50 years

* Your almighty USA and perfect UK are presently trying helping us deal with Boko Haram. How is that business as usual. Or do you want the country to shut down because of Boko Haram?

* Define Dirty Poor

* 20 billion dollars? Are you sure? His Majesty SLS mentioned 49 billion dollars

* FG is non existent and Shymexx is running the country

* Nothing works in Nigeria? Nairaland works tongue just to say the least.

You've got no right to even complain that nothing works in this country when you've made 0 effort to make any change in this country.

But that's by the way. The point is you always talk rubbish just to get noticed. You can make whatever point you have without insulting anybody especially Mr President.

If you value and respect Nigeria, you'll respect her president

Cheers mate

Listen, if insulting your "saviour" is foreign to you, go preach that sermon to people like you who were raised in the same culture. Where I'm from, pathetic leaders get insulted all the time...it's part of the culture.

-- What has GEJ done since he became president to turn things around, according to the oath he swore to when he assumed office? I'd wager that his tenure is the worst ever, and he has further destroyed the image of the country. Bomb blasts and terrorism every other day. Missing $20 billion, the highest in the history of Nigeria. Non-chalant attitude to basically everything. Lack of leadership qualities, and inability to answer the simplest questions intelligently. Further widening of the gap between the rich and the poor. Non-existent economic and social policies. Yet to complete one project since he assumed office. Zero infrastructures. Highest unemployment rate in the history of Nigeria etc..

-- What has he built/completed since he assumed office, apart from signing tons memorandums and contracts?

-- Why should they even be helping a country as big as Nigeria out in the first place despite the manpower and the huge allocations for security? Algeria dealt with AQIM, a bigger threat, by itself - and that's a smaller country than Nigeria in terms of population, with a far bigger landmass. If GEJ weren't clueless, a country like Nigeria, in a state-of-war, would have invested heavily in its military, rather than allowing his cronies loot everything. In case you don't know, tiny countries like Uganda, Rwanda, Angola et al have better equipped military than Nigeria.

-- Pictures don't lie - just use google images for Nigerians to get a proper picture of how the average Nigerian looks. Red eyes, shabby clothes, bad skin etc.. That's just extreme poverty right there. Also, according to the UN, 80% Of Nigerians live on less than $2 a day. Definition of dirt-poor right there for you

-- What's the point of having a FG when security is non-existent; the overwhelming majority are dirt-poor; infrastructures are non-existent; unemployment rate is over-the-roof; and nothing works?

-- Is it my duty to change Nigeria, or the duty of those elected to use the resources judiciously for good governance? You have got a brain, and it's high time you started using it.

-- Nah, I don't talk to get noticed - I speak my mind with no holds barred, and I could care less about whose ox is gored. Freedom of speech, mate. You think I care about getting known on a faceless forum, that won't add nothing whatsoever to my life? - you're a joker. I'm super popular in real life, despite being a private guy because I'm larger than life. And you will always notice my presence, though I shy away from it most times. That's a real guy doing real things.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by alex2242(m): 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
mulante: The Federal Government will get there soon. The president is busy at the moment trying to fulfill the promises he made during his campaign to other states. It'll be the turn of Lagos state in 2016. This is why you have to vote for GEJ for continuity.
#storyforthegods#........can't stil believe some humans stil support jonathan
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by specco(m): 8:56pm On Jul 01, 2014
Is Ago Palace way a federal road as well? Mans inhumanity to man!
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Isiterere(m): 9:10pm On Jul 01, 2014
mulante: The Federal Government will get there soon. The president is busy at the moment trying to fulfill the promises he made during his campaign to other states. It'll be the turn of Lagos state in 2016. This is why you have to vote for GEJ for continuity.
thanks for the confirmation; "COMMON SENSE IS NOT COMMON "

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Okuda(m): 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2014

Bros i would agree with you if you are sarcastically making this statement
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by dontjealousme: 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
APC Lagos should fix the road.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2014
What I witness everyday on that road as a lady on leggedis is horrendous!!

Baaaaad roads angry angry so many dirty water swimming pools on the road

-Flooded streets with any little rain so I'd have to chook my legs inside d water! angry

-What about the higher killers(trailers with/without 40ft containers,fuel tankers) lipsrsealed

-The air pollution from useless car fumes embarassed

Apapa! No no no...
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Saladin1: 10:19pm On Jul 01, 2014
yorke1: Tinubu should do it
The last time I checked Jonathan is the president of this country not Tinubu.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Saladin1: 10:24pm On Jul 01, 2014
yorke1:

But he did some federal roads based on agreement previously while didn't they include this particular road.

Because the Federal Government did not repay Lagos state government for the Federal roads they did earlier simply because they are in the opposition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah: Why I’m Caucusing With APC Despite Belonging To YPP / Oyo: Supporters Of Rauf Olaniyan Dump PDP For APC / Anambra Governorship Election To Hold November 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.