Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey (56039 Views)

Livestock Production: Fisheries, Poultry, Pig, Cattle, Sheep And Goats / Fully Functional Farm (poultry, Fishery, Cattle, Sheep) For Sale/lease / Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by jaz(m): 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2015
from experience, how profitable is goat, pig and turkey farming
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 12:31am On Nov 05, 2015
Rearing Turkey organically is a process whereby u raise turkey in pen( deeplitter), and allow them to graze on a ranch/garden after giving them feed in d early hours of d day.
It actually reduces cost but from my experience, it reduces fat in turkey and makes them stronger and healthier which is prefered for human consumption.

peacemaranatha:
Well done op. Pls I have this question to ask. How can one rear turkey organically? We buy feeds for them and they are doing well or will the organic method makes them grow more and cut cost. Is there any disadvantages with this method pls I need information
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 12:48am On Nov 05, 2015
E.g

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 12:50am On Nov 05, 2015
Very profitable if well established and managed.

jaz:
from experience, how profitable is goat, pig and turkey farming
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by jaz(m): 2:34pm On Nov 05, 2015
thanks.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by EmmaAjayi(m): 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2015
Boss, how possible will it be to meet you next week? I need to come & see things for myself & rub mind with you.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 10:08pm On Nov 05, 2015
Anytime,
Will b expecting u
EmmaAjayi:
Boss, how possible will it be to meet you next week? I need to come & see things for myself & rub mind with you.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 10:08pm On Nov 05, 2015
Anytime, just let me know d date
Will b expecting u
EmmaAjayi:
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by Adenex3051(m): 6:32pm On Nov 07, 2015
@GGfadar you have really done well. If a quarter Nigerians are this industrious and selfless with information, this country would be a lot better. Sincerely I think you deserve an award. (All that has benefitted this, if you all agree with me kindly like this post)
GGfadar pls how much will be enough to raise 5 kid rams from.December to Ileya 2016. Thanks

14 Likes

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by jaz(m): 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2015
How do you connect with buyers
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 5:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
Do u mean how I sell my turkey ?

If so,
I sell to church members
Colleagues at work
Family and friends
Bank officials
Private organisations
Neighbours
Online customers
And finally in open markets..........

jaz:
How do you connect with buyers

1 Like

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2015
First thing............
U can't raise a LAMB from December to next year sallah festival ( ILEYA ) and make profit at all.
Get rams dat r about 8months -- 1year old and raise ( FATTEN ) till next year sallah.

The 5 rams can consume 1 bag(50kg) of wheat offal, 1 bag(50kg) of dry cassava peel and 25kg of PKC all mixed together in a week.

The cost of feed will b lesser if there's enough pasture for them.

Cost of medication should be minimal if animals arrive farm in good condition.

A bag of wheat is about 2,500naira in my area and a bag of dry cassava peel in my area is 750naira/850naira.
PKC is 35naira per kilogram in my area.

I hope dis info helps

Adenex3051:
@GGfadar you have really done well. If a quarter Nigerians are this industrious and selfless with information, this country would be a lot better. Sincerely I think you deserve an award. (All that has benefitted this, if you all agree with me kindly like this post)
GGfadar pls how much will be enough to raise 5 kid rams from.December to Ileya 2016. Thanks
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 5:52pm On Nov 08, 2015
New arrival owned by a partner

7males and 3females

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 5:59pm On Nov 08, 2015
Treatment for all kinds of skin diseases, all kinds of worms infections(tapeworm, liverworm, eye worm e.t.c) and treatment for thicks on d skin, foot and mouth rot vaccination.

Will vaccinate all against Trypanosomiasis in 2 weeks time..

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 6:07pm On Nov 08, 2015
More pics of d flock

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2015
The injection d animals took as taken care of d worm and thr won't b a need to give them d capsules anymore for at least 3months.

I will still show u how to make use of d capsules anyway...

OTDR:

Well done bro!

I see the drugs are in big capsules, so do one just give them to cows to swallow or how? And how much is the deworming drug. Thks

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
GGfadar:
The injection d animals took as taken care of d worm and thr won't b a need to give them d capsules anymore for at least 3months.

I will still show u how to make use of d capsules anyway...

Looking forward to it. Thanks for your inspiring photos!
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 7:38am On Nov 09, 2015
Just one injection/dose of d drug takes care of all these.

EVERMET/IVOMEC injection

GGfadar:
Treatment for all kinds of skin diseases, all kinds of worms infections(tapeworm, liverworm, eye worm e.t.c) and treatment for thicks on d skin, foot and mouth rot vaccination.

Will vaccinate all against Trypanosomiasis in 2 weeks time..

1 Like

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by Liadi2(m): 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2015
But sir how much did ur friend purchase his/her own cows per head because urs is bigger Dan his/her own.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by goludayo: 8:36pm On Nov 09, 2015
Buy 8wks old turkey @affordable price.08062340232
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 5:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
Prices are not same cos sizes are different.

I got him some dat r same prices as mine but others r a bit cheaper due to sizes and breed....
Liadi2:
But sir how much did ur friend purchase his/her own cows per head because urs is bigger Dan his/her own.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 6:09pm On Nov 10, 2015
This is cheaper cos of d breed
Its called bokolo and its very good for milk production

The second picture is d gudali breed and its also good for meat production as it grows faster and bigger than other breeds we have in Nigeria...

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by dgitrader(m): 3:59pm On Nov 11, 2015
GGfadar:
New arrival owned by a partner

7males and 3females

nice work bro. this I think is an ideal setup for any beginner herder. but will the females be allowed to roam freely with the males?
this plot looks bigger than typical 50*100feet.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by supaduma: 7:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
Nice information GGFadar, i stumbled on the agric tread and just discovered all the valuable conversations going on.

i am actually on the verge of starting a livestock farm mainly goat. i have about a fenced six plots of land ready for this project.

i want to know how much it will cost to raise goat kid from age 0-1yr. i also want to know how much a bag of goat feed costs to enable me make some informed decision.

i will highly appreciate your quick response.

thanks.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by snowpe(m): 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
GGfadar,weldone
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 8:10am On Nov 13, 2015
Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey

Very reliable long term livestock farming biz

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 10:49am On Nov 13, 2015
I will respond to every question thrown to me soon cos I'm busy setting up a small farm for a client.
Sorry for d delay
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by alakara(m): 11:15am On Nov 13, 2015
How much is a Gudali Calf.

1 Like

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 8:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
I don't advice u start with calves but the price ranges between 30k - 35k depending on age and size.
alakara:
How much is a Gudali Calf.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 8:27pm On Nov 13, 2015
Thanks

snowpe:
GGfadar,weldone
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 8:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
Yes, the females will graze and live together with the males...
There's nothing wrong with that except a female delivers a calf, then can be restricted for a certain period of time.

Concerning the land space you mentioned, its been extended truly. The other guy owns the plot.

dgitrader:

nice work bro. this I think is an ideal setup for any beginner herder. but will the females be allowed to roam freely with the males?
this plot looks bigger than typical 50*100feet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter / Hunter Killed A Warthog, Civet And Other Wild Animals / Monster Fish Killed By Two Nairaland Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.