Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

The Day The World Ended - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Day The World Ended (101696 Views)

The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) / Naruto Manga Has Finally Ended (Links & Spoilers) / This Books Ended My Struggle (check Them Out) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Day The World Ended by 01emek(m): 1:15pm On Sep 08, 2014
Re: The Day The World Ended by SexySapphire(f): 1:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
Queenxstar: Girl you rock in analyzing the differences.

Tnx babe
Re: The Day The World Ended by SexySapphire(f): 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
01emek: Now let be serious! I wasn't laughing when i said they are my ancestors! Ok ok it is believed in my home-town that we are the descendent of Night-Owl/snakes ( i just can't stop loving night -owl ).. In my hometown we don't kill them and in return they will never-ever harm you... And who say that they don't react to the display of affection? cry you havn't shown any!.. All in all, snakes are great reptile but deadly when they flect thretened... And they behave indifferent.. grin

Where is dat hometown of yours? No matter how u try to convince me, I will always hate them.
Re: The Day The World Ended by iphie17: 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
Too damn scary I no fit read dx story at 9t, gosh!!! @ Royver take am easy joor
Re: The Day The World Ended by 01emek(m): 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
SexySapphire:

Where is dat hometown of yours? No matter how u try to convince me, I will always hate them.
well, i won't name the exalt state in other to protect the interest of the people but the region is south -south.
Re: The Day The World Ended by SexySapphire(f): 4:28pm On Sep 08, 2014
01emek: well, i won't name the exalt state in other to protect the interest of the people but the region is south -south.

Aii, it's no problem.
Re: The Day The World Ended by plainmirror(m): 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
01emek: .
God will giv you brains so u can think of sometyn to write IJN
Re: The Day The World Ended by 01emek(m): 9:15pm On Sep 08, 2014
plainmirror:
God will giv you brains so u can think of sometyn to write IJN
Amen tongue
Re: The Day The World Ended by tohero(m): 10:32pm On Sep 08, 2014
01emek: don't be suprise, night-OWL and snake are great animals, stop been a racist. tongue
Actually, m not being a racist. Jst surprised
Re: The Day The World Ended by Nimen(m): 4:43am On Sep 09, 2014
Lol Oga Roy... U rock jare.

And guys... Snakes are mythical beings, they scare the hell outta you, and are super spiritual too
Re: The Day The World Ended by ekenzify(m): 9:44am On Sep 09, 2014
Words are like music. Read and let your imagination dance to the beat

Indeed ur stories are lyk music, royver. I have so imagined d words imprinted here n it feels as though am in d scenes of d story itself. A pity wat happened to dare despite his savagery exhibition towards temi. Mr.Abel dead, n d other teachers n students, so so sad. Royver, u r a literary gem.

2 Likes

Re: The Day The World Ended by adebayo201: 2:36pm On Sep 09, 2014
Stuff following... wink
Re: The Day The World Ended by 9slick(m): 1:45am On Sep 10, 2014
God bless royver for us all with more knowledge
Re: The Day The World Ended by missuniverse(f): 2:23am On Sep 10, 2014
Arnold is same person as Tayo.

Tayo Tayo!
Wait a minute,,i think i've seen dat name somwer;;or is it just a coincidence...
Hmm!!i cnt rmember.
Hope nothing bad happens to him

Ryd on Royver

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by Nobody: 4:59am On Sep 10, 2014
I'm completely awe-struck at such genius shown on here. Love you, Roy. kiss

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 10, 2014
So Arnold is the Tayo that died at the begining of the story #sad
Re: The Day The World Ended by tenajtek(f): 3:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
Where is Royver? I believe all is well and he is not caught up in the battle against those "creatures". Pls come and continue your story before your followers complete it for you oh!.

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
cryroyver please let them get home safe ehn.please. nice work!

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by tohero(m): 11:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
missuniverse: Arnold is same person as Tayo.

Tayo Tayo!
Wait a minute,,i think i've seen dat name somwer;;or is it just a coincidence...
Hmm!!i cnt rmember.
Hope nothing bad happens to him

Ryd on Royver
Royver:
...Tayo has just been __?__?__! Tayo!!!

Calm. I'm calm. I'm calm...

Re: The Day The World Ended by Marcela04: 9:28am On Sep 11, 2014
Where are o, come nd update
Re: The Day The World Ended by drsolob2(m): 9:40am On Sep 11, 2014
Marcela04: Where are o, come nd update

Me I don tire sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Day The World Ended by DONOCHAS(m): 9:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
Nice story keep it up, but u are scaring my eyes out of its sockets
Re: The Day The World Ended by kelsmic: 10:57pm On Sep 12, 2014
Caught up!
Re: The Day The World Ended by edogho(m): 8:19am On Sep 13, 2014
drsolob2:
Me I don tire sef
Y? anyways, welc to d world of Sir Roy.
Re: The Day The World Ended by Maccoy1(m): 10:27pm On Sep 13, 2014
Feelin the boy yen...feelin you men..you jx killing it...
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
Loading 100% Thanks for your patience. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:07pm On Sep 13, 2014
Royver: Loading 25%

[img]http://media./media/1jli224ZTJyp2/giphy.gif[/img]
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:15pm On Sep 13, 2014
grin grin grin@jeffery you eh!
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:17pm On Sep 13, 2014
We followed Arnold down the road until we came to Macauley junction. I gasped because I hardly recognized it. Where had been a gently sloping hill was now more of a mountain and for the first time I wondered if this was not indeed the end of the world as Bimpe had said. The tarred road had been torn out of the ground and lay in heaps on the floor. The hill had been raised so high above ground we would be almost climbing to get to the top. I doubt any car would be able to climb it without difficulty. I saw where I usually parted ways with Bimpe and Sola way ahead and much higher than before and I had the sudden urge to throw up. I turned to one side as the spasms came to my throat and tried to vomit but nothing came out. Sola came and started rubbing my back and Bimpe started crying again.

“This is terrible!” Emobor gasped. “Has the whole world been turned upside down? And for goodness sake where is everybody?”

“Just what I wanted to ask, again.” Sola said. “Where are all the people?”

“The sooner we get to our various destinations the sooner we will find answers,” Arnold said. “We have to keep moving. We can walk up this
slope easily but be careful so you don’t slip and fall. If not you’ll find yourself tumbling down the hill very fast.”

“Let’s be quick.” Mrs. Alabi said and surprised everyone by leading for the first time. She moved purposely forward and we followed behind her.

We climbed up the steep slope, looking out for anybody, any animal, anything. There was nothing in site. No chickens or goats, no dogs, no birds singing. It was unsettling.

As we climbed higher we came across abandoned and wrecked vehicles. They were almost in the same state as the ones we had seen on the express except this time these ones had peoples clothes strewn all over the front and back seats. Some of them looked funny in that you could see the complete set of clothes at the steering wheel like someone deliberately arranged it; Suit, tie, shirt, trouser, even belt still in the trouser without being loosened. Andrew went to examine one of them. He approached a silver colored honda accord 2010 model and opened the door. It had the insignia of one of the popular banks written on it. He reached in and lifted out a shirt, dropped it back and brought out the trousers. Something like dust fell out of it.

“Ashes.” Arnold said. He dropped the trousers back in the car and was about leaving when he stopped and turned back. He bent inside the car again and brought out a pair of boxers.

“Why would they all pull off their clothes?” James asked, bewildered.

“Maybe they we asked to do so.” Arnold said.

“And their underwear as well? Including boxers? I’m sure his singlet is there somewhere.” He also looked into the car and sure enough he brought out the singlet. It had been inside the shirt. He shook it and ashes fell out as well.

“My mom used to tell us that during the war, soldiers would sometimes tell people to strip naked so as not to conceal hidden weapons on their persons.” Emobor said.

“Yes but why arrange the clothes back so neatly and then fill them with ashes?” Arnold asked.

We all stood there puzzled. Eventually we decided to move on.

4 Likes

Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
We had just reached the top and close to where Bimpe, sola and I would part ways when my phone rang! At first I couldn’t believe it. There hadn’t been any network since yesterday and none of us had bothered to check again since this morning’s incident.

“Maybe it’s because we are on high ground.” Arnold shouted. “Quick, pick it na!”

I fumbled to see who was calling. It was an unknown number. I shakily picked the call and put the phone to my ear.

“Em, Hello?”

“My God! Temi is that you? Thank God oooooo!”

“Mom?!” I cried.

I heard a commotion in the background,. The network was poor but it seemed like one of my brothers wanted to talk to me. Eventually it became clear again.

“…second one so make sure you stay put you hear?” he was saying. It was Deji.

“Deji!” I screamed. “It’s so good to hear your voice! How is mummy! Ayo nko? And Dad?”

“We are fine, we are fine, don’t worry about us, just stay in the school and we’ll find a way to come and get you okay? The third tear won’t reach us for another five minutes so just wait in the school. The town people are already arranging a rescue for all of you on the other side…”

“But Deji I’m at the junction! I’m near the house, I’ll be home soon, don’t worry.”

The line went quiet.

“Hello? Hello, Deji?”

“You are outside?” Deji asked again, his voice urgent.

“Yes.” I said.

“Where did you say you are?” Deji asked

“I’m near the junction. I’m with Sola and Bimpe and some other people, we are coming to…”

I heard my mom ask Deji what I said and he told her and to my surprise I heard her wailing. Deji shouted on her and turned back to the phone.

“How far away are you?” He asked

“I am at Sola and Bimpe’s junction just before Chief Akpati’s house.”

“Can you run?” He asked. “Is any one of you injured?”

“No. Why are you asking?” I said.

“Okay listen, You guys should start running to the house. Ayo is coming out to meet you. He just left now. ..” He started shouting at someone
else and I realized he was talking to my dad. “NO! NO! You cannot go anywhere on that leg! Stay there dad or I’ll tie you down I swear!” There was a scuffle and the phone went dead.

“What happened? What’s going on?” Arnold asked.

I looked up to tell him and almost passed out. Right in the bushes behind him I could see people spying at us. There were tens of them; I didn’t
know how we missed them before. I couldn’t see much because they were hiding in the undergrowth and it appeared they didn’t want to make their presence known yet. I didn’t know whether to shout out or remain quiet. I decided to play it cool.

“Tayo- I mean erm, Arnold you guys should come let me tell you what they said.”

They all came towards me, away from the car wreck and the bushes, away from the spying eyes.

“I like it when you call me Tayo.” Arnold said with a little smile. I tried smiling back but didn’t succeed.

“Okay my brother said there is no problem that we should continue upward and over the hill. Let’s go.” My lips were trembling so bad and Arnold raised an eyebrow

“Why are you talking like that?” Bimpe said.

“Let’s go.” I repeated and resumed walking casually.

“Hmn. Remember what happened the last time she behaved like this. Let’s follow her o.” James said and the others agreed. I used the corner of my eye to see what our watchers were doing. They remained in the undergrowth and I heaved a sigh of temporary relief.

“Something is not right.” Arnold was saying. “You look very nervous, what is it?”

“Don’t look behind you, okay?” I said quietly. “People are watching us.”

Arnold started to look back and I grabbed his hand.

“Don’t do it.”

“But maybe they can tell us what is going on!” Arnold said.

“They didn’t look friendly at all. Let’s reach my house first. My brother is coming to pick us. “

And then my eyes strayed to Sola’s face. I saw her looking intently at the bushes. I saw her expression change from puzzlement to surprised realization. And then she screamed in horror.

As one, the people who had been hiding in the bushes came out. And I saw the reason she had screamed.

They were people but not people like we knew. Their skin was fair, without pigmentation, like an albinos’. Their eyes were a little bigger than normal and completely black. They wore wide hats made from something like straw and leather that shaded their eyes from the sun. Their dressing consisted of leather strips and loincloths made from what I could only guess to be snakeskin. They had no footwear and didn’t seem like they needed it, the soles of their feet were thick and cracked in many places almost like hooves. Their toes were black and brown, overgrown and curved and instead of five fingers they had two thick fingers and a thumb. Many of them stayed in the shade and we realized they didn’t like the bright sunlight very much. One of them braved it and approached us in an almost friendly manner and for a moment I was relieved that, strange as they looked, they didn’t mean any harm.

Then the one that approached drew a crude blade and slashed at Emobor, cutting deep into his outstretched arm.

Emobor screamed in alarm and we all started running. They pursued us, most of them running in the shade of the bushes and trees but some of them coming out into the sunlight. As we ran, we saw some of them enter into the cars and take the clothes and other things that interested them. Emobor ran past us, adrenaline fuelling his strength, his arm bleeding, and some of them stopped to lick at the sand that had been stained with his blood.

We ran faster with them hot on our trail, making little or no noise, just the sound of our feet and theirs. Sola and Bimpe passed by their street and ran along with us. Luckily these things didn’t seem so fast on their feet and we were able to outrun them but then we started getting tired. I remembered all those horror movies I had watched where the person running would stumble and fall and I made sure despite my panic to look where I was going so I wouldn’t be that victim.

Unfortunately Bimpe wasn’t as careful. We heard her scream as she stumbled on a rock and fell sprawling to the floor. Mrs. Alabi who had been running behind her fell over her and James fell over them both. In moments the horde was on them and Bimpe was lifted high into the air and carried off screaming. I turned around and watched in horror as they tried lifting Mrs. Alabi up but couldn’t because of her weight. One of them raised his spear and thrust down at Mrs. Alabi . James struggled violently and they would have killed him but they seemed more interested in carrying him away and soon he was being hoisted up. Andrew turned and saw what was happening, shouted and ran back to them, carrying a big stick from the ground and swinging it violently. They halted in their tracks and backed off, dropping James in the process as Arnold swung the stick left and right. They didn’t seem too afraid of him, just amused at his attempt. Some came from behind and slowly surrounded him and I saw more spears and makeshift blades come out.

“Arnold!” I shouted, knowing I wouldn’t be able to do anything for him.

One of the bigger ones attacked Arnold and knocked the stick out of his hands. He pointed his blade at Arnold’s throat and Arnold raised his hands up in surrender. For the first time a sound emitted from the things mouth, laughter, but like escaping from between its lips. It sounded more like hissing. It raised the blade to strike and I screamed.

A gunshot rang out and the creature clutched at its chest and fell to the ground, dead. As we watched in amazement another gunshot rang out and the others backed away from the body of Mrs. Alabi and ran into the bushes. Some of them however drew their blades and went after the shooter. He ran by me, pointing my father’s handgun in his right hand and a machete in his left. He was wearing only a jean trouser and army boots. There were scars all over his bare back and sides. He never even glanced at us as he entered the attacking group that ran to meet him. He shot at them and they fell away and those he came close to he slashed at with his machete with such ferocity and force that many of them fell with a single blow. Soon they retreated, cackling, into the bushes and trees. He stood, raining abuses on them until they all disappeared and
then he turned back to me.

“Are you alright? Temi are you hurt?” He asked anxiously.

“Leave her alone, she’s in shock!” Arnold said, coming between me and him protectively. “Who are you?”

“Arnold it’s okay.” I said, finally finding my voice, “This is my elder brother, Ayo.”

8 Likes

Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:26pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hello folks, Been overloaded with work. Will update as soon as I have breathing space. thanks for your patience.
Re: The Day The World Ended by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
nooooooo!!!!!!....not bimpe!!!!!!1...*shedding hot tears*......on my god!!! see as cold dey catch me cos of royver!!!...i come dey fear o!!!

ehn shin!!! see as Ayo form gangster!!! that part got me smiling!!!..no wonder royver said this episode will interest me hahahaha...kudos bro!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (32) (Reply)

#my Life / Tormented / Diary Of An Anonymous Corper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.