Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. - Gaming (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. (477364 Views)

Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions / Don't Miss Out This [get Pc Games And Mods] / Old And New Playstation 3 Box Arts Comparison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (330) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Proffdada: 11:09am On Jun 18, 2016
Please add me on whatsapp 0 7 0 6 0 6 5 3 6 8 8

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Presh21(m): 2:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:
GOOD MORNING
PLEASE GUYS I BOUGHT THE CD SOFTWARE FOR PES 2016,AFTER INSTALLATION I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE...DLL MISSING FILES OR SO....DONE EVERYTHING I COULD BUT NO AVAIL
MY LAP SPECS BELOW
ACER ASPIRE
CORE I 4,500HDD,4GIG RAM
INTEGRATED BLA BLA
2.30GHZ...

ANYONE IN LAGOS WHO COULD HELP ME WITH GAMES SHOULD LS DROP HISOR HER NUMBER....THANKS
does it have a graphic or game memory?
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 2:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
Presh21:
does it have a graphic or game memory?

YEA INTEL HD GRAPHICS
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by purplekayc(m): 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
LucemFerre:
I'm waiting for the titan x to drop... undecided
right now a titan x is like $400 ,2nd hand sef..
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by dauntless15(m): 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
purplekayc:
am not the main admin. For the group.
Some of them usually remove numbers that are inactive.
and am inactive? Dude i am an admin too so am active 24hrs add me pls
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by LucemFerre: 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
purplekayc:
right now a titan x is like $400 ,2nd hand sef..

From past experiences... I have decided to stay away from 2nd hand... Except it's my family member that wants to sell it for me or I want to sell it to myself... It seems I have bad luck with those things...
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:
GOOD MORNING
PLEASE GUYS I BOUGHT THE CD SOFTWARE FOR PES 2016,AFTER INSTALLATION I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE...DLL MISSING FILES OR SO....DONE EVERYTHING I COULD BUT NO AVAIL
MY LAP SPECS BELOW
ACER ASPIRE
CORE I 4,500HDD,4GIG RAM
INTEGRATED BLA BLA
2.30GHZ...

ANYONE IN LAGOS WHO COULD HELP ME WITH GAMES SHOULD LS DROP HISOR HER NUMBER....THANKS

Can you share the actual error, there are several DLL files with different codes? Without know which it is, it's difficult to point you in the right direction.

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 6:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
LucemFerre:

From past experiences... I have decided to stay away from 2nd hand... Except it's my family member that wants to sell it for me or I want to sell it to myself... It seems I have bad luck with those things...

I buy second hand if it comes with warranty.... https://uk.webuy.com/ (my fav used store) give 24 months.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by LucemFerre: 6:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:
GOOD MORNING
MY LAP SPECS BELOW
ACER ASPIRE
CORE I 4,500HDD,4GIG RAM
INTEGRATED BLA BLA
2.30GHZ...

Next time, In order to help you with missing files we would need the error code not "...something like that..."
That said, I think it could be d3dx9_n (n=serial number of dx file)... If it is, copy the exact name of the missing engine file and Google it's download and then download it via the dlldump.com link if it isn't the file that's missing still do a search and download the single engine file... Then paste it in the pes 16 destination folder
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by LucemFerre: 7:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
AKBliv010:

I buy second hand if it comes with warranty.... https://uk.webuy.com/ (my fav used store) give 24 months.

Hmm... Not bad... I just checked it out and titan x is £625 that means I would save like $104 that's like 20k naira...( assuming I wanna even buy it with bank exchange rate) but, still expensive cheesy
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Graviton2(m): 8:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
Sup, guys.

Been outta games for a while now, thinking of making a comeback. I did like to ask a few questions though.

I'm thinking of getting a gaming rig soon, I don't know which would serve me better in the long run; A desktop or a laptop? I've made researches but I'd like practical advice from you all.

Also, what PC specs are "hot in the streets" at the moment. I'm looking for a rig that will be able to run high end games like the Witcher 3 at max settings.

Recommendations are appreciated.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by purplekayc(m): 9:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
LucemFerre:

na you be that one o.
I bought my current graphics card @ second hand online and it has been working flawlessly since
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
Graviton2:
Sup, guys.

Been outta games for a while now, thinking of making a comeback. I did like to ask a few questions though.

I'm thinking of getting a gaming rig soon, I don't know which would serve me better in the long run; A desktop or a laptop? I've made researches but I'd like practical advice from you all.

Also, what PC specs are "hot in the streets" at the moment. I'm looking for a rig that will be able to run high end games like the Witcher 3 at max settings.

What's your target framrate? 30FPS, 60FPS, 120FPS, 144FPS, 165FPS? grin
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Graviton2(m): 10:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
AKBliv010:

Lol. 60FPS will suffice
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 11:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
Graviton2:

Lol. 60FPS will suffice

60FPS max settings is difficult to drive. Ultra settings with Nvidia's Hairworks off in the game, you'll need at least a GTX980 paired with an intel i5/i7 CPU to have a locked 60FPS... For around 50-55FPS GTX970/R9 290X.

The new GTX1070 will do it easily but AMD's new offerings coming June for $199 is rumored to perform around the GTX980.

Where are you based? Can you buy/build?
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Graviton2(m): 12:23am On Jun 19, 2016
AKBliv010:

60FPS max settings is difficult to drive. Ultra settings with Nvidia's Hairworks off in the game, you'll need at least a GTX980 paired with an intel i5/i7 CPU to have a locked 60FPS... For around 50-55FPS GTX970/R9 290X.

The new GTX1070 will do it easily but AMD's new offerings coming June for $199 is rumored to perform around the GTX980.

Where are you based? Can you buy/build?

I'm based in Owerri at the moment. I'm thinking of buying although I haven't really made up my mind on which to buy; Laptop or Desktop

Look what I found but the price... lipsrsealed
http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/productdetails/alienware-alpha-r2-desktop/dacorr2_f_b3e
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 1:28am On Jun 19, 2016
Graviton2:

I'm based in Owerri at the moment. I'm thinking of buying although I haven't really made up my mind on which to buy; Laptop or Desktop

http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/productdetails/alienware-alpha-r2-desktop/dacorr2_f_b3e

Yea these manufacturers are expensive for the components they use. The GTX 960 used in that build will get you an average of 31FPS - Witcher 3 (Ultra, No Hairworks). What's the shipping to Nigeria going to cost you?

edit: you can always lower the image quality and get 60FPS.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Nobody: 2:09am On Jun 19, 2016
Graviton2:
Sup, guys.

In the long run, a desktop will serve u better. Anyways, it all depends tho.
If u're always travelling & moving around maybe bcoz of work or whatever, than a laptop would be better choice. If not go for the desktop.

As for specs, if u're gonna go with Laptop, an i7, gtx 970M & 12-16 gig ram would do fine.
Akbliv has already covered the desktop aspect....
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Nobody: 2:11am On Jun 19, 2016
Graviton2:

Alienware? Abeg. Why not build ur rig instead of buying that over-priced Dell??
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Nobody: 2:14am On Jun 19, 2016
AKBliv010:

165fps?? Do we now have monitors with refresh rates of up to 165?? Micro-stuttering ll surely be an issue especially if the game doesn't come with a v-sync option
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 8:29am On Jun 19, 2016
AKBliv010:

Can you share the actual error, there are several DLL files with different codes? Without know which it is, it's difficult to point you in the right direction.

THE ERROR MESSAGE IS MSVCP.DLL 100....I GOOGLED AND DOWNLOADED THE LINK BUT I DUNNO WHAT TO DO JARE....AM A NOVICE..
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 8:31am On Jun 19, 2016
LucemFerre:

Next time, In order to help you with missing files we would need the error code not "...something like that..."
That said, I think it could be d3dx9_n (n=serial number of dx file)... If it is, copy the exact name of the missing engine file and Google it's download and then download it via the dlldump.com link if it isn't the file that's missing still do a search and download the single engine file... Then paste it in the pes 16 destination folder

I DOWNLOADED THE MISSING MSCVP.100 DLL FROM TWEAK SUMTIN,AFTER INSTALLATION THE THING BEGIN ASK ME FOR PAYMENT TO CLEAR THE ERROR...FUNNY I JUST GAT PISSED AND UNINSTALLED THE GAME....ARE U IN LAGOS?
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Graviton2(m): 9:52am On Jun 19, 2016
AKBliv010:

Yea these manufacturers are expensive for the components they use. The GTX 960 used in that build will get you an average of 31FPS - Witcher 3 (Ultra, No Hairworks). What's the shipping to Nigeria going to cost you?

edit: you can always lower the image quality and get 60FPS.

The shipping will cost me practically nothing, I've got my cousin to thank for that.

Do you have any PC recommendations, bro?
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Graviton2(m): 9:56am On Jun 19, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
In the long run, a desktop will serve u better. Anyways, it all depends tho.
If u're always travelling & moving around maybe bcoz of work or whatever, than a laptop would be better choice. If not go for the desktop.

As for specs, if u're gonna go with Laptop, an i7, gtx 970M & 12-16 gig ram would do fine.
Akbliv has already covered the desktop aspect....

To be honest, price and mobility are strong factors for me. So I think I'm leaning more towards a laptop at the moment.

The specs seem pretty good. Do you have any PC recommendations that meet these specs?
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Graviton2(m): 9:58am On Jun 19, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Alienware? Abeg. Why not build ur rig instead of buying that over-priced Dell??

Won't that be too expensive?
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 10:05am On Jun 19, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
165fps?? Do we now have monitors with refresh rates of up to 165?? Micro-stuttering ll surely be an issue especially if the game doesn't come with a v-sync option

Even better, it's a GSync monitor
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-pg279q-rog-swift-27-2560x1440-ips-g-sync-165hz-gaming-widescreen-led-monitor-black-red-mo-088-as.html

Imagine this strapped with a GTX 1070 or 1080 SLI?
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 10:43am On Jun 19, 2016
Graviton2:

The shipping will cost me practically nothing, I've got my cousin to thank for that.

Do you have any PC recommendations, bro?

My recommendation is build if you are willing to spend $1400 on a Dell PC

This build will run Witcher 3 - Max settings....and cost less to build...it'll outperform the Dell PC and includes a monitor & keyboard.... I'm not really a fan of laptop gaming...it doesn't sit on your lap while one's playing games lol grin..Buy a cheap and light laptop for moving around, if it gets damaged in transit it won't be as bad as a $1000 loss and have your main rig at home/work, just a suggestion.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/gybJxY

even cheaper
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/FmQycc
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 11:03am On Jun 19, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:

THE ERROR MESSAGE IS MSVCP.DLL 100....I GOOGLED AND DOWNLOADED THE LINK BUT I DUNNO WHAT TO DO JARE....AM A NOVICE..

Please don't download the MSVCP.DLL files from unknown websites. Get it from the microsoft website only. Install these

1. https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30679
2. https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/download/details.aspx?id=40784
3. https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=5555
4. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 19, 2016
I've got an asus rog g752-vy.
Gtx 980m
I7 skylake
16gb ram
128gb ssd
1tb HDD
Oh and gsync.
So having a laptop is not bad plus the portability( even tho it kills me gradually carrying it is not easy).
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 11:13am On Jun 19, 2016
posi4true:
I've got an asus rog g752-vy.
Gtx 980m
I7 skylake
16gb ram
128gb ssd
1tb HDD
Oh and gsync.
So having a laptop is not bad plus the portability( even tho it kills me gradually carrying it is not easy).

Nice...some serious specs there ..thumbs up! Gaming laptops aren't the lightest of all..lol

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 19, 2016
AKBliv010:

Nice...some serious specs there ..thumbs up! Gaming laptops aren't the lightest of all..lol

Light?? I forgot that word 2 months ago

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (330) (Reply)

PS4 Games Exchange / What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63