Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. - Gaming (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. (476957 Views)

Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions / Don't Miss Out This [get Pc Games And Mods] / Old And New Playstation 3 Box Arts Comparison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (330) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by LucemFerre: 10:53am On Jun 20, 2016
dauntless15:
awesome now whats the difference or is there a different dell from the dell i know

No... Okay let me go lower (no offence)... He was saying something like buy tecno but stay away from infinix or buy Toyota Venza but stay away from Lexus Rx or buy Nintendo wii u but, stay away from Nintendo ds or buy Volkswagen jetta but, stay away from bugatti... Two DIFFERENT products produced by the same company, doesn't make the products the same too... Get
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by dauntless15(m): 11:03am On Jun 20, 2016
LucemFerre:

No... Okay let me go lower (no offence)... He was saying something like buy tecno but stay away from infinix or buy Toyota Venza but stay away from Lexus Rx or buy Nintendo wii u but, stay away from Nintendo ds or buy Volkswagen jetta but, stay away from bugatti... Two DIFFERENT products produced by the same company, doesn't make the products the same too... Get
i didn't ask you mr pocket lawyer
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by tdayof(m): 11:25am On Jun 20, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
I try not to specify a model when am recommending pc specs coz u might find a certain PC cheaper than another model with same specs. Ao i just tell people togo with the one they prefer.

Anyways, as far as laptops are concerned, u can go for Asus, Msi, Acer and Dell. And Stay far away from Lenovo, HP, Alienware
sorry, if I may ask why did you ask him to stay away from alienware when he needs a gaming laptop and you have Dell in your "go for" list?
Mind you, alienware is made by Dell. The brand alienware handles games better than normal Dell laptops .
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Redniggaz: 11:29am On Jun 20, 2016
AKBliv010:

What's your budget?

I don't really know much about PC game so I don't know how much this things will go for on the street.... 80k is my budget
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by LucemFerre: 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2016
dauntless15:
i didn't ask you mr pocket lawyer

I wasn't writing it for you, I was writing it for smart people
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by dauntless15(m): 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
LucemFerre:

intresting how someone who isn't smart and seems to be the most retarde.d creature will know what smart people want.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by dauntless15(m): 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
LucemFerre:

intresting how someone who isn't smart and seems to be the most retarde.d creature i have met will know what smart people want.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
Rather than dig claws into skin and take a stab at each other, why not ask Adelana1 why he included Alienware in the 'stay away' list? I'm sure he has got his reasons or perhaps it was an oversight.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
Redniggaz:

I don't really know much about PC game so I don't know how much this things will go for on the street.... 80k is my budget

AFAIK, the components that you are interested aren't readily available in Nigeria. Are you looking to import? If so then the 80K budget is really low for what you are after. You'd be looking close to 100k+..
You've picked parts around the 4th Gen Intel CPU but the 6th Gen Intel CPU are around the same price/less...removing 20% UK tax will give a base amount of £360+

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/KbWHxY

The new AMD RX470 is aimed at 1080p gaming so should be enough for your needs.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by kessymaverick: 7:02pm On Jun 20, 2016
Aii mahn. grin
posi4true:

No thank you!

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 20, 2016
tdayof:
sorry, if I may ask why did you ask him to stay away from alienware when he needs a gaming laptop and you have Dell in your "go for" list?
Mind you, alienware is made by Dell. The brand alienware handles games better than normal Dell laptops .
Lol. Do i look like someone who wouldn't know that Alienware is a Dell product?? Or cant i advice someone to buy a PS3 instead of a PS4 based on his budget??

I once saw an Alienware 15(gtx 960m, 16gig ram, i7) on amazon. And i also saw a Dell xps 15 with same specs and only 8gig ram that was almost a $1000 cheaper. Becoz of that, i did some research and found out that most Alienware laptops were usually more expensive than other brands. That's why am not a big fan of Alienwares. Sure they are very good gaming machines. But its nothing more than an overpriced Dell.

Graviton asked for advised on what models he should go for and i advised him based on personal preference to stay away from Alienwares. Afterall, he already reiterated that he dint want something too expensive...
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by dauntless15(m): 8:47pm On Jun 20, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Lol. Do i look like someone who wouldn't know that Alienware is a Dell product?? Or cant i advice someone to buy a PS3 instead of a PS4 based on his budget??

I once saw an Alienware 15(gtx 960m, 16gig ram, i7) on amazon. And i also saw a Dell xps 15 with same specs and only 8gig ram that was almost a $1000 cheaper. Becoz of that, i did some research and found out that most Alienware laptops were usually more expensive than other brands. That's why am not a big fan of Alienwares. Sure they are very good gaming machines. But its nothing more than an overpriced Dell.

Graviton asked for advised on what models he should go for and i advised him based on personal preference to stay away from Alienwares. Afterall, he already reiterated that he dint want something too expensive...
dont stress it anymore bro, it was just a misunderstanding now i get what you meant
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 10:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
AKBliv010:

Please don't download the MSVCP.DLL files from unknown websites. Get it from the microsoft website only. Install these

1. https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30679
2. https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/download/details.aspx?id=40784
3. https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=5555
4. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

AKBLIVE010
ANOTHER ERROR MESSAGE DURING INSTALLATION OF MY MK GAME...ERROR MSVCR110.DLL...PLS HELP ME AGAIN
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Redniggaz: 10:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
[quote author=AKBliv010 post=46758048]

AFAIK, the components that you are interested aren't readily available in Nigeria. Are you looking to import? If so then the 80K budget is really low for what you are after. You'd be looking close to 100k+..
You've picked parts around the 4th Gen Intel CPU but the 6th Gen Intel CPU are around the same price/less...removing 20% UK tax will give a base amount of £360+

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/KbWHxY

The new AMD RX470 is aimed at 1080p gaming so should be enough for your needs
quote]

thanks bro i really appreciate
getting em down here will cost much.....
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 10:37pm On Jun 20, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:

AKBLIVE010
ANOTHER ERROR MESSAGE DURING INSTALLATION OF MY MK GAME...ERROR MSVCR110.DLL...PLS HELP ME AGAIN

MSVCR stands for MS = Microsoft, V = Visual, C = C++, R = Redistributable so it will be in one of those links I sent earlier. What version of MK are you trying to install. Is it an original disk or a download? AFAIK, the non-legit MKX required a fix.

1. Try re-instaling the game.Does it give you an option to install and MSVCR files?
2. Re-install the download from the first link...the 2012 update 4.

Minimum system requirements:
Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz. | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz.
Memory: 3 GB RAM.
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460. | AMD Radeon HD 5850.
DirectX: Version 11.
Network: Broadband Internet connection.
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space.

1 Like

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2016
Can this work for gaming
intel i5 6gb ram 1gb dedicated graphics card 322gb hdd
can it play cool games?
Cc Adelana1, purplekayc
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2016
Can this work for gaming
intel i5 2.4 ghz 6gb ram 1gb dedicated graphics card 322gb hdd
can it play cool games?
Cc Adelana1, purplekayc
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by purplekayc(m): 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2016
viickerz:
Can this work for gaming

intel i5 2.4 ghz
6gb ram
1gb dedicated graphics card
322gb hdd

can it play cool games?

Cc Adelana1, purplekayc
I just feel that 1gb graphics memory is too small to play pc games for the time we are in.@ least a 2gb should be your starting point.is it a laptop?
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 22, 2016
purplekayc:
I just feel that 1gb graphics memory is too small to play pc games for the time we are in.@ least a 2gb should be your starting point.is it a laptop?

laptop..

What games can it run with that 1gb
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by purplekayc(m): 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2016
viickerz:

laptop..

What games can it run with that 1gb
it would be the earlier games with less demanding graphics..
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2016
purplekayc:
it would be the earlier games with less demanding graphics..

can it play battlefield4, cod advanced warfare, gtav, fifa16 on low settings??
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by purplekayc(m): 6:03pm On Jun 22, 2016
viickerz:

how?even my gt 610 2gb card was complaining when I was playing advanced warfare
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 7:14pm On Jun 22, 2016
viickerz:

Does your system meet the minimum requirements? If it does then you can run it on the lowest possible setting known to man

Battlefield 4 minimum requirement
CPU : AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ
Memory: 4 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 3870 NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GT
Graphics Memory: 512 MB

COD: AW
Operating System: [/color]Windows 7 64-bit Windows 8 64-bit Windows 8.1 64-bit
Processor: Intel Core i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 2.80 GHz or better
System Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 450 @ 1 GB VRAM ATI Radeon HD 5870 @ 1 GB VRAM
DirectX Version 11

GTA V
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz.
Memory: 4GB.
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, *11)
HDD Space: 65GB.

FIFA16
RAM: 4GB
Hard Drive Space: 15.0 GB
Minimum Supported Graphics cards: ATI Radeon HD 6870, NVIDIA GTX 460
DirectX: 11.0

1 Like

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by purplekayc(m): 7:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
AKBliv010:

Does your system meet the minimum requirements? If it does then you can run it on the lowest possible setting known to man

Battlefield 4 minimum requirement
CPU : AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ
Memory: 4 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 3870 NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GT
Graphics Memory: 512 MB

COD: AW
Operating System: [/color]Windows 7 64-bit Windows 8 64-bit Windows 8.1 64-bit
Processor: Intel Core i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 2.80 GHz or better
System Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 450 @ 1 GB VRAM ATI Radeon HD 5870 @ 1 GB VRAM
DirectX Version 11

GTA V
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz.
Memory: 4GB.
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, *11)
HDD Space: 65GB.

FIFA16
RAM: 4GB
Hard Drive Space: 15.0 GB
Minimum Supported Graphics cards: ATI Radeon HD 6870, NVIDIA GTX 460
DirectX: 11.0
he can run them @ the lowest possible settings with shitty graphics.
bad light effects,blood effects ,color pixels etc
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 9:36pm On Jun 22, 2016
AKBliv010:

MSVCR stands for MS = Microsoft, V = Visual, C = C++, R = Redistributable so it will be in one of those links I sent earlier. What version of MK are you trying to install. Is it an original disk or a download? AFAIK, the non-legit MKX required a fix.

1. Try re-instaling the game.Does it give you an option to install and MSVCR files?
2. Re-install the download from the first link...the 2012 update 4.

Minimum system requirements:
Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz. | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz.
Memory: 3 GB RAM.
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460. | AMD Radeon HD 5850.
DirectX: Version 11.
Network: Broadband Internet connection.
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space.
bro thanks for your help so far...my system very slow,typing alone takes time,to open an app na war....what bdo u think i shouldn do
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 9:48pm On Jun 22, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:

bro thanks for your help so far...my system very slow,typing alone takes time,to open an app na war....what bdo u think i shouldn do

Go into Startup tab in Task Manager. Use the snip tool to take a screenshot of it what is displayed under STARTUP and post online..

How to access Task manager Windows 8 - http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-use-windows-8-task-manager-3422276/

How to access Snipping tool Windows 8 - https://answers.syr.edu/display/os/Taking+Screenshots+on+Windows+8+-+Using+the+Snipping+Tool+and+keyboard+shortcuts
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 9:50pm On Jun 22, 2016
purplekayc:
he can run them @ the lowest possible settings with shitty graphics.
bad light effects,blood effects ,color pixels etc

I can't imagine it bro, I'd rather not bother with it but at all, at all na e bad pass!
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 10:05pm On Jun 22, 2016
[quote author=AKBliv010 post=46832179]

Go into Startup tab in Task Manager. Use the snip tool to take a screenshot of it what is displayed under STARTUP and post online..

How to access Task manager Windows 8 - http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-use-windows-8-task-manager-3422276/

How to access Snipping tool Windows 8 - https://answers.syr.edu/display/os/Taking+Screenshots+on+Windows+8+-+Using+the+Snipping+Tool+and+keyboard+shortcuts
[/quote

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 10:45pm On Jun 22, 2016
[quote author=Bobbyunitedfc post=46832615][/quote]

Nice one but what I need is the "Startup" tab, you've sent the "Processes" tab.. grin

edit: noticed your disk running at 100%, that can make it run slow but well try and make it perform better. Although this is an article in Feb 2016 and may have been fixed, I won't trust that Avast Safezone BS - http://www.pcworld.com/article/3030319/security/researcher-finds-serious-flaw-in-chromium-based-avast-safezone-browser.html

We may need to uninstall some software, so download this please - http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 9:31am On Jun 23, 2016
AKBliv010:

Nice one but what I need is the "Startup" tab, you've sent the "Processes" tab.. grin

edit: noticed your disk running at 100%, that can make it run slow but well try and make it perform better. Although this is an article in Feb 2016 and may have been fixed, I won't trust that Avast Safezone BS - http://www.pcworld.com/article/3030319/security/researcher-finds-serious-flaw-in-chromium-based-avast-safezone-browser.html

We may need to uninstall some software, so download this please - http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

DO U THINK I SHOULD UPDATE TO WIN10 OR DOWNGRADE TO 7
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 10:50am On Jun 23, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:

DO U THINK I SHOULD UPDATE TO WIN10 OR DOWNGRADE TO 7

It's down to preference. I prefer Win10. It's free to upgrade to Win10 from Win 8.1 so why not. You can revert back easily if you don't like it.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Graviton2(m): 11:00am On Jun 23, 2016
Anyone here heard about ASUS ROG's soon-to-be released monster rig - GX800VH? It's been dubbed "the most powerful gaming computer". I'm sure it will cost a human head. shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (330) (Reply)

PS4 Games Exchange / What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.