Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. - Gaming (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. (476265 Views)

Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions / Don't Miss Out This [get Pc Games And Mods] / Old And New Playstation 3 Box Arts Comparison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (330) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 5:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
tex25:
Can someone pls suggest a dope gaming pc my Budget 150- 200k

Where will you be sourcing your components from?
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by purplekayc(m): 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2016
tex25:
Can someone pls suggest a dope gaming pc my Budget 150- 200k
I would advice you to wait abit for the exchange rate to fall abit.
For you would source for some components online.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Lana1(m): 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
purplekayc:
I would advice you to wait abit for the exchange rate to fall abit.
For you would source for some components online.
I agree dat waiting is d best option. But how long person wan wait?? The $ has been rising all thru the year and it has never dropped since.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by purplekayc(m): 7:49pm On Jul 06, 2016
Lana1:
I agree dat waiting is d best option. But how long person wan wait?? The $ has been rising all thru the year and it has never dropped since.
if you have enough cash to spare you can go ahead.
Notable parts to look for
PSU
graphics card
case ..if the card is lengthy
Headphone

I think you can find the others in naija
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by purplekayc(m): 12:56am On Jul 07, 2016
Fifa fans you have a chance to choose who would be on the cover of the next releafifafifa 17)vote here

www.fifplay.com/fifa17-cover-vote/
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by derogba88: 6:03am On Jul 07, 2016
My system spec
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3050@ 1.60GHZ
Ram: 4gb
System type: 64bit
Chip type: intel (R) HD graphics
Total Available graphics memory: 1876mb
Dedicated video memory : 160mb
System video memory: 0mb
Shared system memory: 1716mb
Can dis spec play pes 15 and pes 2016
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by alphamodel1(m): 6:08am On Jul 07, 2016
I have a windows 8 laptop 4g ram /500g hard disk space. 64 bits but its dual core with 2.4 gh.i dont know the kind of pc games that came be installed on it since its dual core n 64 bits dat will run smoothly on it without any problem or risk. I love Games. Thanks
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 8:49am On Jul 07, 2016
alphamodel1:
I have a windows 8 laptop 4g ram /500g hard disk space. 64 bits but its dual core with 2.4 gh.i dont know the kind of pc games that came be installed on it since its dual core n 64 bits dat will run smoothly on it without any problem or risk. I love Games. Thanks

Use a similar format in the post above, you'll need to share very specfic information so community can help.

Press the WINDOWS key on your keyboard and type 'dxdiag' without the quotation mark and press ENTER and cycle through the tabs for the information.

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 9:29am On Jul 07, 2016
derogba88:
My system spec
Ram: 4gb
System type: 64bit
Chip type: intel (R) HD graphics
Total Available graphics memory: 1876mb
Dedicated video memory : 160mb
System video memory: 0mb
Shared system memory: 1716mb
Can dis spec play pes 15 and pes 2016

I'm just about to install PES2016 on my laptop with an older HD graphics iGPU, will let you know later unless someone else has answered your question.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Sholzbankz: 10:17am On Jul 07, 2016
Is dere any solution for a lappy wit vga ish
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 11:26am On Jul 07, 2016
Sholzbankz:
Is dere any solution for a lappy wit vga ish

What's the issue?
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 1:46pm On Jul 07, 2016
derogba88:
My system spec
My system spec - Asus X202E - Intel i3-2365M(1.4Ghz), Intel HD graphics, 256GB SSD, 4GB RAM

Your HD intel graphics in theory is 33% faster than mine so you should see better experience.

Will it play Yes, but you'd need it on low settings with a low resolution ( inmy case 640x480) to get playable framerates. As you see, it has to be windowed mode and notice how small game window is compared to my screen and you will need to increase the dedicated vRAM in BIOS. Mine was 64MB and game will not run till I increased it to 512MB

edit: I tried it on 1280x720 it was unbearble, 1024x768 was terrible, ( I only have an 11 inch screen by the way @ 1368x768)
800x480 was playable.

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by derogba88: 2:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
Please I need d link to download pes 16 patch
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 2:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
derogba88:
Please I need d link to download pes 16 patch

Patch? Have you got the game already installed?
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 4:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
Akbiliv...long time boss.... Am having issues with my pes 2016.. Am having dis error message whenever I try to open my pes2016

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 4:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:
Akbiliv...long time boss.... Am having issues with my pes 2016.. Am having dis error message whenever I try to open my pes2016

Download this zip file and extract - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5gP1lXvmMe5UWJ1RGl4ZTg4MFk
open the installation location of PES2016
Copy all the contents of the extracted files in the installation folder of PES2016

Any issue, gimme a shout.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by derogba88: 4:39pm On Jul 07, 2016
Av gotten d pes 16 install on my PC it works. Pls I need d patch link
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
derogba88:
Av gotten d pes 16 install on my PC it works. Pls I need d patch link

I've never comes across a patch for pes 2016. I've installed mine today and it works. What does the patch do?
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by kulex2k1(m): 8:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
Nosainwe:
I have an Intel GMA 45 express chip set ,I know its not good for gaming but can I play cod

No u cant!
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by alphamodel1(m): 8:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
AKBliv010:

Use a similar format in the post above, you'll need to share very specfic information so community can help.

Press the WINDOWS key on your keyboard and type 'dxdiag' without the quotation mark and press ENTER and cycle through the tabs for the information.
Thanks for responding to my post, ive opened it, but what specific info do u need? Thanks
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by alphamodel1(m): 9:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
AKBliv010:

My system
Processor: Intel(R) pentium (R) CPU: N3510 @1.99GHz (4CPUs), ~2.0
Memory: 4096mb
DirectX vervion: direct11

Display
Name: intel(R) HD Graphics
Chip Type: intel(R) HD Graphics
Device type: Full Display service
DAC type: internal
Approx Total memory : 1792mB
Current display mode: 1920 x 1080 (32bits) (29hz)
Monitor: Generic Pnp Monitor

DirectX Features
DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled
Direct3D acceleration: enabled
AGP Texture Acceleration : enabled

Drivers
Main driver: igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10
Version: 10.18.10 3309
WHQL logo'd: n/a
Feature levels: 11.0,10.1,10.0,9 3,9.2,9.1
Driver model: WDDM 1.3
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 10:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
alphamodel1:
N3510

These games will work only issue is getting playable framerates on it. You'll notice these games are like 2 years old, modern titles won't do very well tbh. In my opinion below 25FPS isn't really playable. Games will typically have to be set to run at 800x600, 1024x768 with Low or Ultra Low settings, AA turned off and all 'eyecandy' stuff turn off to get it playable. By all means try newer games but don't expect much from an iGPU,
DOTA 2 - av 15FPS
PORTAL 2 - av 40FPS min 23FPS
World of warcraft - av 20fps
Batman Arkham Knight - av 13FPS
Dirt 3 - av 25FPS min 20FPS
Counter Strike - av 45FPS min 25FPS
Grid 2 - av 27, min 19
Just cause 2 av 40fps min 15fps
Diablo 3 - av 12 - min 10
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by alphamodel1(m): 6:18am On Jul 08, 2016
AKBliv010:

These games will work only issue is getting playable framerates on it. You'll notice these games are like 2 years old, modern titles won't do very well tbh. In my opinion below 25FPS isn't really playable. Games will typically have to be set to run at 800x600, 1024x768 with Low or Ultra Low settings, AA turned off and all 'eyecandy' stuff turn off to get it playable. By all means try newer games but don't expect much from an iGPU,
DOTA 2 - av 15FPS
PORTAL 2 - av 40FPS min 23FPS
World of warcraft - av 20fps
Batman Arkham Knight - av 13FPS
Dirt 3 - av 25FPS min 20FPS
Counter Strike - av 45FPS min 25FPS
Grid 2 - av 27, min 19
Just cause 2 av 40fps min 15fps
Diablo 3 - av 12 - min 10

I cant thank u enough for ur response n attention, pls i dont under stand the playable framerate, FPS ratings and igpu. If i connect it via a hdmi cable to my lcd, do i need to still reduce the resolution on my laptop? Thanks
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 8:23am On Jul 08, 2016
alphamodel1:

I cant thank u enough for ur response n attention, pls i dont under stand the playable framerate, FPS ratings and igpu. If i connect it via a hdmi cable to my lcd, do i need to still reduce the resolution on my laptop? Thanks
Framerate is frames per second(FPS). Internal GPU ( for example your Intel HD graphic that's built in with the processor).

Monitors usually have a rating, for example, if a monitor can run at 60hz it means it can refresh the display 60 times every second. If the graphic card can not run the title at least 60FPS you may notice the gameplay stutters. 60FPS+ vastly increases gameplay experience. 30FPS is playable as you'll find that some games on the Xbox or ps4 run at 30FPS.

You may need to reduce the resolution of the screen from your laptop but that depends on what the native resolution is of the LCD. If it's a much larger screen, it will look heavily pixelated/blurry if run in full screen mode. Windowed mode will look much better.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by alphamodel1(m): 9:56am On Jul 08, 2016
AKBliv010:

Framerate is frames per second(FPS). Internal GPU ( for example your Intel HD graphic that's built in with the processor).

Monitors usually have a rating, for example, if a monitor can run at 60hz it means it can refresh the display 60 times every second. If the graphic card can not run the title at least 60FPS you may notice the gameplay stutters. 60FPS+ vastly increases gameplay experience. 30FPS is playable as you'll find that some games on the Xbox or ps4 run at 30FPS.

You may need to reduce the resolution of the screen from your laptop but that depends on what the native resolution is of the LCD. If it's a much larger screen, it will look heavily pixelated/blurry if run in full screen mode. Windowed mode will look much better.
Thank u very much bro, if i understood u correctly, games bw 25 n 30 fps will play well on my system. during purchase, are the FPS indicated on the cd? Secondly how do i activate the windowed mode. T
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by AKBliv010(m): 10:19am On Jul 08, 2016
alphamodel1:

Thank u very much bro, if i understood u correctly, games bw 25 n 30 fps will play well on my system. during purchase, are the FPS indicated on the cd? Secondly how do i activate the windowed mode. T

FPS isn't indicated on the CD so you can't tell till you run the game and monitor it. Although game developers usually state the minimum PC requirements to get good gameplay experience on low/ultra low settings.
Windowed mode is activated from within the games graphics/video settings or for the likes of PES2016, there's a settings application in the installation folder.
Stick to older titles as they usually are less demanding.
Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by purplekayc(m): 10:29am On Jul 08, 2016
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

developers: 2k games
release date: 16 October 2014
modes: single and multi player
genres: FPS,role playing ,science fiction
platforms: windows,linux,play station,xbox,mac,linux

I dont really dig thid game never all the borderlands series This one seems to be the lowest in the
series i have seen
Graphically cartoonish and the player is usually acccompanied by a comically
robotic guide.
In the pre sequel which is premise to the sequel to borderlands 1 or 2
as usual you get to choose from one of the 4 main pratagonists to use as
the playing character.
opening scene shows athena tied to a pst about to be executed
and being questioned by lilith.

she , the playing character meets handsome Jack, on a space facillity
but are attaced they attempt to use Helios defense system to aid their escape
but they have to re route a jammimg signal working against it
handsome jack also seeks to make an army with the help of the four vault hunters to use
in fighting enemies mainly the sentinels.

requiremnets :

processsor: intel2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor
RAM: 2 gb RAM
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 / ATI Radeon HD 2600
Free Disk Space: 13 GB

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by purplekayc(m): 10:31am On Jul 08, 2016

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by purplekayc(m): 10:34am On Jul 08, 2016

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by purplekayc(m): 10:38am On Jul 08, 2016

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by purplekayc(m): 10:40am On Jul 08, 2016

Re: PC GAMES : Old And New, Discussions ,analysis And Suggestions. by purplekayc(m): 10:45am On Jul 08, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (330) (Reply)

PS4 Games Exchange / What Game Are You Currently Playing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.