Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB (27357 Views)

States To Benefit From The N345b EU Fund / Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report / The List/names Of The New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Lanceslot(m): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2014
chino24: Good a thing another great Anambran is confirming what all of us holds dear, that no part of our great and powerful state be touched in whatever guise, either state creation. I repeat we are not interested in their silly state creation, we don't want to be any part of it!

@ Lancelot your LG is very rich in Hydrocarbon (Oil/Gas) deposits.

Yes man... I got an info that SHELL is about to start drilling somewhere in my LG, but I don't how authentic the news is.
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by chino24: 12:45pm On Jul 04, 2014
It is very possible because Orient Petroleum is currently exploring and producing Oil/Gas in Anambra north! Their refinery project is about 65% completed, to be opened in December.

Lanceslot: Yes man... I got an info that SHELL is about to start drilling somewhere in my LG, but I don't how authentic the news is.

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by EmeeNaka: 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2014
South East need more states and i want FG to expedite actions that will lead to creation of more state/s for SE.

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by wordcat(m): 12:50pm On Jul 04, 2014
size38: They can even create up to 100 more states if they want. But the truth remains that there will be true Federalism where every resources found in any state will be 100% owned and controlled by that state and tax will be paid to the federal govt. because resources from few states cannot be use in sustaining all these unviable states they are planning to create here and there.

SECONDED! But FG will make sure that region wil have a functional International Airport, and Seaport, lets see how viable lagos state is.
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by millionaireman: 1:00pm On Jul 04, 2014
@chino, do not let me also begin to belive like others that you have something that makes you to hate Imo state.
missdebs: instead of comin together, we keep dividing...knowin fully well sme godfathers just want more power, i weep 4 naija
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Yujin(m): 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2014
s3nn2x: I don't see the possibility of creating additional states. I was even expecting that the number of states in Nigeria should be reduced. State creation is not our problem in Nigeria.
Nigeria to be renamed "Airegin".... grin grin grin....what does that even mean, I guess the the name was spelt backwards.... grin grin grin
'Airegin'? Hahahahahahahahahaha... Chei, anwuo m ooo! What a meaningless name and to imagine it was spelt backwards means going far more backwards than the present.
Changing the name of a dead empire will never solve the problem. The world can now laugh at Nigerians and mock them even the more. If you doubt ask Econet, was it Celtel or Zain.
Ye, ye, ye, ah, ah mo ti ku o. A chamelion remains a chamelion no matter how many times it changes colour. Nigerians changed their state-owned electricity company from ECN to NEPA yet it remained thesame. From NEPA to PHCN and the problem persisted, yet the never learn.
Wayo, na mutu! 'Airegin' = Air + gin(ogogoro)
LWKMD, man pikin neva laugh like this tey tey .
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by cococandy(f): 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
Change the name of nigeria?
ROTFL!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by s3nn2x(m): 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
Yujin:
'Airegin'? Hahahahahahahahahaha... Chei, anwuo m ooo! What a meaningless name and to imagine it was spelt backwards means going far more backwards than the present.
Changing the name of a dead empire will never solve the problem. The world can now laugh at Nigerians and mock them even the more. If you doubt ask Econet, was it Celtel or Zain.
Ye, ye, ye, ah, ah mo ti ku o. A chamelion remains a chamelion no matter how many times it changes colour. Nigerians changed their state-owned electricity company from ECN to NEPA yet it remained thesame. From NEPA to PHCN and the problem persisted, yet the never learn.
Wayo, na mutu! 'Airegin' = Air + gin(ogogoro)
LWKMD, man pikin neva laugh like this tey tey .
The thing tire me oooo. That is the most annoying thing in the post. "Airegin" kwa!!!
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Psylas(m): 1:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
Taeewo: Craze dey worry dem,y lagos state nt included

[size=48pt]Lagos is †hє smallest state īη Nigeria!!![/size]

3 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by chino24: 2:19pm On Jul 04, 2014
Nwanne do not misunderstand me! I do not hate anybody but I believe the state creation is totally unnecessary. Nigeria as a country should strive to develop the existing states than creating another. Besides I see Adada and maybe Anioma as the most viable state out of SE/SS. Even they can create Anioma and add it to the present SE that will be the best as Delta-Igbos are the real people being marginalized!

millionaireman: @chino, do not let me also begin to belive like others that you have something that makes you to hate Imo state.

2 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by BABAKABIRU301(f): 2:38pm On Jul 04, 2014
WHERE IS ODUDUWA STATE? U PPLE ARE JOKE
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by millionaireman: 2:39pm On Jul 04, 2014
Is chino's well-known DISTASTE for Imo state and its people not making him go completely blind to reality? In what planet can Adada be more viable than Njaba or ANIM State when created? Anioma is in southsouth zone and cannot be merged to southeast zone in the present discourse. Talk is creating a sixth state first and foremost in the southeast area, not in Southsouth area.
chino24: Nwanne do not misunderstand me! I do not hate anybody but I believe the state creation is totally unnecessary. Nigeria as a country should strive to develop the existing states than creating another. Besides I see Adada and maybe Anioma as the most viable state out of SE/SS. Even they can create Anioma and add it to the present SE that will be the best as Delta-Igbos are the real people being marginalized!

4 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by charlos14: 2:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
Could anyone explain the advantages of Nigeria having more states?

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by mandax: 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2014
chino24: Nwanne do not misunderstand me! I do not hate anybody but I believe the state creation is totally unnecessary. Nigeria as a country should strive to develop the existing states than creating another. Besides I see Adada and maybe Anioma as the most viable state out of SE/SS. Even they can create Anioma and add it to the present SE that will be the best as Delta-Igbos are the real people being marginalized!

Chino24 has no clue why new states are being canvassed by majority of Nigerians. Chino24 is comfortable in his Anambra state; there4 others can go to hell.

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Nosurrenda: 3:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
Why create more states in the North when the states they have now can't stand on their own?

2 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by gendebs(m): 3:31pm On Jul 04, 2014
missdebs: instead of comin together, we keep dividing...knowin fully well sme godfathers just want more power, i weep 4 naija
. I like ur username
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by yinkers: 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2014
What about toroebe?
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by blesoh(f): 3:37pm On Jul 04, 2014
Yeaaaa am so happy for this new development,cross river is just too large,pls der shld talk abt LGAS too cos my LGA is too big.
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by maestroferddi: 3:42pm On Jul 04, 2014

Are we talking something serious here or doing some Onitsha/Ochanja market level analysis? How can any discerning South Easterner in present day Nigeria be pooh-poohing something as fundamental as the much sought-for additional state for the zone? Just imagine potential allocations amounting to over a trillion naira which the zone would have received if it were allotted six states like other zones during the last state creation exercise. When you then factor in political considerations like legislative allocations and entitlements, local governments, federal character entitlements and most importantly physical and infrastructural developments that could have since been in place, then you can now see the essence of the clamour. Let's folks be objective in all these ill-advised excitement and complacency. This is 2014.

4 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by wirinet(m): 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2014
charlos14: Could anyone explain the advantages of Nigeria having more states?
The politicians and their cronies will have a higher share of the national cake. More states means more Governors, more Legislators, more commissioners, more special assistants, more special assistants to special assistants, more board chairmen, more security votes, more private jets, In fact more of everything. At the moment Nigeria is spending more that 70% of all revenue on recurrent expenditure, by the time we have 22 more states, we would be spending 150% of our earnings on reccurent expenditure.
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
those oafs feeding fat n now farting! da bloody hell do that land need more states for? Those guys shud get down n table d modalities for da instand enthronement TRUE FEDERALISM,REGIONALISM n RESOURCE CONTROL in d land.This is just a diversionary ploy to distract everybody from the foundamental issues like TRUE FEDERALISM AND RESOURCE CONTROL....to hell with more states. Only da east need an additional state
##NIGERIANS HOME AND ABROAD SAY NO TO MORE STATES#
#TRUE FEDERALISM IS NOW#
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by modhream: 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2014
maestroferddi: Are we talking something serious here or doing some Onitsha/Ochanja market level analysis? How can any discerning South Easterner in present day Nigeria be pooh-poohing something as fundamental as the much sought-for additional state for the zone? Just imagine potential allocations amounting to over a trillion naira which the zone would have received if it were allotted six states like other zones during the last state creation exercise. When you then factor in political considerations like legislative allocations and entitlements, local governments, federal character entitlements and most importantly physical and infrastructural developments that could have since been in place, then you can now see the essence of the clamour. Let's folks be objective in all these ill-advised excitement and complacency. This is 2014.
He was responding to "suggestions" of carving out southern Anambra to join Orlu zone in the so-called Anim state.We don't support that at all,create whatever u want somewhere else but leave our Anambra as is.This is coming from a son of Anaedo,Uruagu-Nnewi to be precise.

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by passion007: 4:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
millionaireman: Adada brothers/sisters, be your brothers' keepers, be real for once. Will it not pain you, sound absurd, if not completely outrageous, to still mass up 48 local govt areas with more than ten million people in today's Imo and Anambra states, just to divide Enugu state of 17 local govt areas with less than 3 million population in order to create an Adada state of 7 local government areas with less than 2 million population? Why still rely on that hotel room illegal meeting in 2006 or so by some disgruntled southeat legislators for Adada? By the way, the meeting was immediately condemned by Ohaneze Ndigbo as illegal. @chino, you have only a vote during any referendum, if any, for ANIM STATE. But note: Political leaders from Anambra south senatorial district, including former Anambra state governor, Mbadinuju and other prominent politicians from Anambra south joined in signing the demand for a new state carved from Anambra South and Imo West senatorial zones way back in 2005, and still pursue the demand till today. So chill out. Anambra south has suffered serious development setbacks since then, including Anambra legislators hurriedly relocating main campus of Anambra state University from Uli in Anambra south senatorial zone. Imo west senatorial zone has been suffering from similar denial of infrastructures all these years. Finally, the 12 lgas in Imo West senatorial zone are large, populated and viable enough to merit the propsed sixth state.
Your responses are stunted by your own emotions. I have taken time to show that Adada is a viable option, the surest bet. The area is politically and geoculturally homogenous, and has the approval of Enugu, Ebonyi states, and the tacit approval of Anambra.
Homogeneity is one of the stipulated requirements that any new state must satisfy. So, don't be petty; support Adada state creation. SE delegates have suggested Adada as the archetype of a viable state.
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by maestroferddi: 4:20pm On Jul 04, 2014
modhream:
He's responding to "suggestions" of carving out southern Anambra to join Orlu zone in the so-called Anim state.We don't support that at all,create whatever u want somewhere else but leave our Anambra as is.This is coming from a son of Anaedo,Uruagu-Nnewi to be precise.
Well, I am sure you do not know better than the leaders of Southern Anambra who know what they, their people and the area stand to gain by allowing development and recognition get to their doorsteps. Rather than remain beasts of no nations, don't you think that Ihiala and Orlu peoples need to re-establish the cultural and linguistic affinities they had in the defunct East Central State prior to the Anambra and Imo states arrangements? Is Ihiala axis not the most neglected part of the present Anambra State? Orlu's case is somewhat similar in Imo State but is somehow tempered by her human resource endowment; a case of present day Israel that is heavily supported by her privileged sons both at home and in the diaspora.

2 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by waternogetenemy: 4:34pm On Jul 04, 2014
Njaba State comprises 12 local government areas from the present Imo State and one local government, Ihiala in the present Anambra state. The local governments are Orlu, Orsu, Oru East, Oru West, Oguta, Ohaji/Egbema, Nkwerre, Nwangele, Isu, Njaba, Ideato North and Ideato South. These local governments make up Orlu Senatorial District in Imo state.

2 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Dlionsheart: 4:38pm On Jul 04, 2014
size38: They can even create up to 100 more states if they want. But the truth remains that there will be true Federalism where every resources found in any state will be 100% owned and controlled by that state and tax will be paid to the federal govt. because resources from few states cannot be use in sustaining all these unviable states they are planning to create here and there.

I suspect that someone has been supplying weed to the delegates. A sound mind cannot conceive this additional problem.

COME TO THINK OF IT
how many additional states for the north compared to the already marginalized states in the south east, south south and south west
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by modhream: 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2014
maestroferddi: Well, I am sure you do not know better than the leaders of Southern Anambra who know what they, their people and the area stand to gain by allowing development and recognition get to their doorsteps. Rather than remain beasts of no nations, don't you think that Ihiala and Orlu peoples need to re-establish the cultural and linguistic affinities they had in the defunct East Central State prior to the Anambra and Imo states arrangements? Is Ihiala axis not the most neglected part of the present Anambra State? Orlu's case is somewhat similar in Imo State but is somehow tempered by her human resource endowment; a case of present day Israel that is heavily supported by her privileged sons both at home and in the diaspora.
Dude,get off that thing u are smoking.What leaders are u talking about?.Mbadinuju is not even reckoned with in his hometown,Uli not to talk of the whole Anambra south of which Nnewi is the headquarters.
Btw,where did u get that stite that development n recognition eludes Anambra south?
Ihiala neglected by who?.
I am in Anambra now,where are u pulling such nonsense from?

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Acidosis(m): 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2014
Lolll

Nothing from North Central, Kogi?

very funny list cheesy
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by obayaya(m): 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2014
Creating more states won't solve Nigeria's problem.

However, for the sake of equity and fairness, an additional state should be created in the South East.
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by maestroferddi: 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
modhream:
Dude,get off that thing u are smoking.What leaders are u talking about?.Mbadinuju is not even reckoned with in his hometown,Uli not to talk of the whole Anambra south of which Nnewi is the headquarters.
Btw,where did u get that stite that development n recognition eludes Anambra south?
Ihiala neglected by who?.
I am in Anambra now,where are u pulling such nonsense from?
I will advise you to do some basic research instead of defaulting to objectionable invectives. In any case, Nnewi was not included in the Njaba State propositions but instead the Ihiala axis of southern Anambra.
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by wirinet(m): 5:15pm On Jul 04, 2014
passion007:
Your responses are stunted by your own emotions. I have taken time to show that Adada is a viable option, the surest bet. The area is politically and geoculturally homogenous, and has the approval of Enugu, Ebonyi states, and the tacit approval of Anambra.
Homogeneity is one of the stipulated requirements that any new state must satisfy. So, don't be petty; support Adada state creation. SE delegates have suggested Adada as the archetype of a viable state.

You are the one that is controlled by emotions rather than reason, even your moniker confirms it. Political and geocultural homegenity is not the main criteria for a viable state in the modern era, if so then the US would be the most unviable nation in the world. Economic viabily is the most important criteria for a successful state in a globalized world.

Can you tell me what make Adaba State Viable. All the present south east states would crumble the minute they stop receiving oil stipends from Abuja. What is the vaibility of the present Enugu State? How much is Enugu able to generate presently? Can it pay salaries of ordinary teachers? not to talk of the whole civil service.

All these shouts of "we demand more states" is only a way to get more oil money from Abuja to be shared by politicians and their cronies. The minute oil money stops flowing from the Niger Delta, the cry then would then be to merge the states into regions. I am sure by then Nigerian state would not be able to cater for more than 10 states.

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by modhream: 5:20pm On Jul 04, 2014
maestroferddi: I will advise you to do some basic research instead of defaulting to objectionable invectives. In any case, Nnewi was not included in the Njaba State propositions but instead the Ihiala axis of southern Anambra.
You've shifted from Anambra south to only Ihiala now?.Dude,have done with this.No part of Anambra state is going with ur Anim,or is it Njaba?.Work for ur Orlu state.If u get it,good for u.Leave us out of it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagosians Struggle To Get GEJ's Bags Of Rice And Tubers Of Yam [Photo] / Buhari's Government Has Worsened Nigeria's Economy-Soludo / Coronavirus: EU Grants Nigeria 50 Million Euros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.