Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB (27362 Views)

States To Benefit From The N345b EU Fund / Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report / The List/names Of The New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by OCTAVO: 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2014
We are dividing more! It is well with Nigeria.
And why are the number of states allocated to North more again?

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 04, 2014
Pls more state for we in anambra.all these kids knows nothing about state creation

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by gabriel212: 5:34pm On Jul 04, 2014
Do we need additional state at this time?
In my understanding, the individual state that make up the federation are being founded from the OIL proceeds which constitutes over 70% of our export baskets and over 90% source of our nation dollars. here are my concern.
At the moment, our oil exploration stood at 2.15million barrel /day at an average of $100/barrel( considering no vandalism which is inevitable at the present NIGERIA), 36states and 774 locals government area. now these are my concern!
1. were the new state be funded from the present OIL proceeds?
2. After creation of new state will the present LGA be divided according to the state FALL INTO or the new state will have a new LGA?
3. what are the financial contributions of the new state into the national purse( NOTE:when Bayelsa was carve out of Portharcourt it was base on what it will produce into the national purse).
WHAT ARE THE ANSWER TO THE ABOVE.
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by passion007: 5:37pm On Jul 04, 2014
wirinet:

You are the one that is controlled by emotions rather than reason, even your moniker confirms it. Political and geocultural homegenity is not the main criteria for a viable state in the modern era, if so then the US would be the most unviable nation in the world. Economic viabily is the most important criteria for a successful state in a globalized world.

Can you tell me what make Adaba State Viable. All the present south east states would crumble the minute they stop receiving oil stipends from Abuja. What is the vaibility of the present Enugu State? How much is Enugu able to generate presently? Can it pay salaries of ordinary teachers? not to talk of the whole civil service.

All these shouts of "we demand more states" is only a way to get more oil money from Abuja to be shared by politicians and their cronies. The minute oil money stops flowing from the Niger Delta, the cry then would then be to merge the states into regions. I am sure by then Nigerian state would not be able to cater for more than 10 states.

Brother,
In my previous post I have outlined that Adada has agricultural, educational, commercial/economic viability.
Which state doesn't presently depend on oil? Until such a time when states will be encouraged to leverage on their comparative advantages, the ND oil remains there for everyone... Even for you. So it was hypocritical of you bringing up that issue.
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by plendil: 5:38pm On Jul 04, 2014
wirinet:
All these shouts of "we demand more states" is only a way to get more oil money from Abuja to be shared by politicians and their cronies. The minute oil money stops flowing from the Niger Delta, the cry then would then be to merge the states into regions. I am sure by then Nigerian state would not be able to cater for more than 10 states.

Simply put. We are yet to come to terms with our bloated workforce and still some are clamouring for more states.

It will simply give room for more governors, commissioners, assemblymen, perm secs, special advisors and thier cronies to have a share of 'oyel' money. Nothing more!
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by htconeline: 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
All this are just mere dreams.if u think GEJ we approve these state then keep watching.
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by wirinet(m): 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
passion007:
Brother,
In my previous post I have outlined that Adada has agricultural, educational, commercial/economic viability.
Which state doesn't presently depend on oil? Until such a time when states will be encouraged to leverage on their comparative advantages, the ND oil remains there for everyone... Even for you. So it was hypocritical of you bringing up that issue.
Dear Brother
Why don't the proposed areas that will constitute Adaba State turn these Viabilities into realities before they start making their demand to be made a state. There is no state in Nigeria without Agricultural, Educational and economic viability. The Main Problem is converting these vaibilities into realities instead of being liabilities.

As long as states recieve the sweet milk of free oil money from Abuja, they would always be dependent of the free money for survival. Weaning states from oil money would be as difficult and painful as weaning a baby from its mothers milk.

Nigeria's coperate existence is dependent on oil money. In fact everything in Nigeria is all about how to share the Niger Delta oil. From Rotational Presidency, to demand for states to all cries of marginalization. All is a ploy to get more oil money from Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by passion007: 6:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
wirinet:
Dear Brother
Why don't the proposed areas that will constitute Adaba State turn these Viabilities into realities before they start making their demand to be made a state. There is no state in Nigeria without Agricultural, Educational and economic viability. The Main Problem is converting these vaibilities into realities instead of being liabilities.

As long as states recieve the sweet milk of free oil money from Abuja, they would always be dependent of the free money for survival. Weaning states from oil money would be as difficult and painful as weaning a baby from its mothers milk.

Nigeria's coperate existence is dependent on oil money. In fact everything in Nigeria is all about how to share the Niger Delta oil. From Rotational Presidency, to demand for states to all cries of marginalization. All is a ploy to get more oil money from Abuja.

Wirinet,
To set you back on course, which state would you favour as the 6th SE State?
After the SE gets a 6th state, we can chart through your idealistic thinking.

Support Adada State creation.
God bless.
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Mutuwa(m): 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2014
yenex1: this people never allow nursery schools children to cram 36 States n capital them wan add more....I wonder how it will sound though

Dem go learn am sharply if na kids of nwadays.
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by SkinnyDude(m): 7:49pm On Jul 04, 2014
chino24: This ediots should not touch my lovely Anambra, we are not interested in their useless state creation!

No part of Anambra is interested in their silly state creation. It feels great being an Anambran!
am from Anambra Central, Idemmili L.G.A. so i ain't worried about nothing.

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by wirinet(m): 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2014
passion007:

Wirinet,
To set you back on course, which state would you favour as the 6th SE State?
After the SE gets a 6th state, we can chart through your idealistic thinking.

Support Adada State creation.
God bless.

I do not favour the creation of additional states in Nigeria, in fact i am an advocate of merging of states. The resources we are using on maintaining governments structures in all the states leaves little for infrastructural development. Have you ever wondered why most infrastructural developments in nigeria was done when we had less states and under military regimes? It was because we were not spending so much on maintaining the vanities of so many public officials.
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by gsainttrinity(m): 8:02pm On Jul 04, 2014
yenex1: this people never allow nursery schools children to cram 36 States n capital them wan add more....I wonder how it will sound though

i tire for this people, for 10 years now i have been unable to cram the present 36 states and capital yet they want to make 54.
Der is God o
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Malawian(m): 8:21pm On Jul 04, 2014
chino24: Good a thing another great Anambran is confirming what all of us holds dear, that no part of our great and powerful state be touched in whatever guise, either state creation. I repeat we are not interested in their silly state creation, we don't want to be any part of it!

@ Lancelot your LG (Ogbaru) is very rich in Hydrocarbon (Oil/Gas) deposits.

IF THEY WANT TO CREATE ANYTHING OUT OF ANAMBRA, THEY BETTER NOT NEAR ORAUKWU. I HAVE SAID MY OWN.
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by maingwaest(f): 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2014
Apa is from Benue not Niger state. @OP pls come and modify this ur post sharp sharp .
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by yenex1(f): 10:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
gsaint trinity:

i tire for this people, for 10 years now i have been unable to cram the present 36 states and capital yet they want to make 54.
Der is God o
thought I'm the only one o...lol
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by yenex1(f): 10:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
Mutuwa:

learn wetin? no be one head all of them get? abi children of this day get two heads?
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by yenex1(f): 10:10pm On Jul 04, 2014
Mutuwa:

learn wetin? no be one head all of them get? abi children of this days get two heads?
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 04, 2014
If we required each state to generate its own revenue from its resources rather than sharing money from Abuja, would we still have the current clamour for more states?

That said, I don't support state creation anywhere in the country, with the exception of Southern Kaduna.

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by asha80(m): 10:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
HNosegbe: If we required each state to generate its own revenue from its resources rather than sharing money from Abuja, would we still have the current clamour for more states?

That said, I don't support state creation anywhere in the country, with the exception of Southern Kaduna.
why southern kaduna?
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 04, 2014
asha 80: why southern kaduna?

Kaduna was proclaimed a Sharia state with a population of roughly equal Christians and Muslims. People of Southern Kaduna are predominantly Christian and have been oppressed for so long. I don't know if you listened to the news last week, you'd have heard news of the latest massacre in which hundreds of their people were slaughtered by herdsmen. As always, no one was brought to book.

Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa, a Christian from Southern Kaduna, was made governor when Namadi Sambo resigned to become VP. When he died in that plane crash with Gen. Azazi, reports had it that Muslim Kaduna youths actually went on the streets to celebrate his death, saying they never wanted to be ruled by an "unbeliever". Can you beat that?

I urge you to research this issue further. If possible travel round and speak to the people directly. You'll be amazed. Those people have suffered abeg. Let them have a separate state.
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Bodmas06: 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2014
Where is Igbomina from kwara and Osun?
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by yeloyhemzy(f): 10:46pm On Jul 04, 2014
Of all problems...smh cry
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 04, 2014
wirinet:
The politicians and their cronies will have a higher share of the national cake. More states means more Governors, more Legislators, more commissioners, more special assistants, more special assistants to special assistants, more board chairmen, more security votes, more private jets, In fact more of everything. At the moment Nigeria is spending more that 70% of all revenue on recurrent expenditure, by the time we have 22 more states, we would be spending 150% of our earnings on reccurent expenditure.

....you're right bro....mm just wondering why people think like this. Somebody said its because its only the south eastern zone that doesn't have 6 states!...I'm sure that he said that out of ignorance because there is nothing like 'zone' in the federal republic of Nigeria constitution. A lot of these Ibo canvassing for more states works in Lagos o, yet they are clamoring for a state that will only act as a siphon to loot more fund from the common treasury. My take is that since Nigeria is not one cos if we are one, a Yoruba man should be able to be a governor in Enugu, an hausa man should be able to be an attorney general of Osun state, so since we aren't one, true federalism is the way out
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by sheffnaff: 11:19pm On Jul 04, 2014
hu told u wat dey are doing has any effect
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by eaglechild: 11:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
Creation of more states means more funds being diverted for recurrent rather than capital expenditure.

For a country like Nigeria this is counterproductive.

We can maintain equity by sharing allocation based on geopolitical zones.

Further balkanizing states that are struggling to maintain even basic infrastructure like rural roads and state hospitals has less advantages.
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by rafindo(m): 1:39am On Jul 05, 2014
africans problem has always been having shortsight.we repeat the same mistake expecting different result.in creation of an entity,two factors must be considered.population nd landmass.these are main pointer for any society to develope rapidly.we talk of state creation as if we are talkin fantasy.india with the 2 largest population and a landmass of 3m sq km, has 23 state in the union.brazil wit the population of 200m and landmas of 8m sq km. A very objective analysis shows clearly none of the proposed state meet the critrea.since lagos is the smallest state in the country,its landmas should be the bench mark
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by clemzo101(m): 6:22am On Jul 05, 2014
Don't know why people are so much worried about this CONFAB, nothing dat comes out of there will be implemented. They are just wasting their tym and tax payers hard earned money
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Revolva(m): 2:57pm On Jul 05, 2014
why them no create Okura state for the igala speaking part of kogi state na
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by Curlieweed: 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2014
wirinet:

You are the one that is controlled by emotions rather than reason, even your moniker confirms it. Political and geocultural homegenity is not the main criteria for a viable state in the modern era, if so then the US would be the most unviable nation in the world. Economic viabily is the most important criteria for a successful state in a globalized world.

Can you tell me what make Adaba State Viable. All the present south east states would crumble the minute they stop receiving oil stipends from Abuja. What is the vaibility of the present Enugu State? How much is Enugu able to generate presently? Can it pay salaries of ordinary teachers? not to talk of the whole civil service.

Thanks x1000,

Very articulate understanding of the situation. The creation of additional states is a stoopid red herring that distracts from the key issue which is genuine federalism and weaning the federating units from ND oil.

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by millionaireman: 5:13pm On Jul 05, 2014
Southeast clamours for sixth state primarily because people in today's southeast are under-represented in any gathering of Nigerians chosen equally from the 36 states+Abuja political structure. It is not politics of crude oil revenues that drive the demand for sixth state in the southeast. But unfortunately, many of the people from southeast who decry creation of state, including some here on NL, are heavily influenced by politics of oil revenues in their state. People of Enugu and Anambra states are wiser than these people. When Imo state was being created in 1976, people of Enugu and Anambra states in then East Central State knew that Imo state had oil wells. But Enugu and Anambra people were much smatter and far-seeing than some people in a certain area of the southeast today. Enugu and Anambra people never resisted carving out old Imo state from them. If anybody from those areas had resisted creation of old Imo state then because of oil politics, the fellow must have been regretting it by now. Anambra state is now an oil producing state, who knows tomorrow?

1 Like

Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by clemzo101(m): 11:31am On Jul 15, 2014
Nonesense!!!it will never see d light of the day.
Re: The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB by bjolodo99: 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
Yes we need 2 touch grassroot and rural community @large

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#EndPoliceBrutality: Falz Writes Buhari, Demands Reconstitution Of NHRC Board / Farouk Yahaya: El-Rufai Congratulates New Chief Of Army Staff / Journalist Arrested For ‘collaborating’ With Boko Haram In Niger [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.