Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,276 members, 7,826,078 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Will You Marry Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Marry Me? (3631 Views)

Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' / Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Marry Me? by oamronnie(f): 2:19pm On Jul 04, 2014
So you have been dating for say two years and you have both started planning your future together. You both know you are gonna get married eventually. You are even talking about fixing a date for the wedding. He talks about marrying you like it's a done deal but there's just a little problem. He has not officially popped the question! You know, the big question we all expect in a dramatic way. He goes down on his knees and asks, 'Will you marry me?' Maybe on your birthday during the surprise party. We all picture the romantic proposal that makes our hearts flutter and you just want to shout, YES! YESS!! But it doesn't happen like you picture it.
Note: You are absolutely certain he's serious and wants to marry you but he just doesn't think the big grand proposal is necessary.

What do you do?
Is it really necessary?
Does he really have to ask?
Re: Will You Marry Me? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 04, 2014
Yes and Yes
Re: Will You Marry Me? by woky: 2:24pm On Jul 04, 2014
I don't understand
Re: Will You Marry Me? by oamronnie(f): 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2014
bestestgirl: Yes and Yes
So what do u do if he doesn't? Don't forget he really wants to marry you.
Re: Will You Marry Me? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2014
That question 'Will you marry me' scares me sad
Re: Will You Marry Me? by Triczchic(f): 2:38pm On Jul 04, 2014
Does he intend to give an engagement ring?..or its str8 to the church?

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry Me? by jobsat34(m): 2:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
you can simply hear him out by bringin the discussion up....

Must man do everything for them ??

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry Me? by jobsat34(m): 2:49pm On Jul 04, 2014
mz mariah: That question 'Will you marry me' scares me sad

but yu will surely answer it one day.. (if not already)
Re: Will You Marry Me? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 04, 2014
Mehn_ It's better to lock up and start preparing for the wedding than to ask that question directly.

At the last minute, something might just trigger her brain and she might say No.

A word is enough for the Wise.

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry Me? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 04, 2014
jobsat34:

but yu will surely answer it one day.. (if not already)
I've not answered it, I know I will one day but I'm even scared of answering it.
Re: Will You Marry Me? by jobsat34(m): 2:55pm On Jul 04, 2014
mz mariah: I've not answered it, I know I will one day but I'm even scares of answering it.

do yu have any choice ??
Re: Will You Marry Me? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
jobsat34:

do yu have any choice ??
No. my fear is 'who will ask me the question.
Re: Will You Marry Me? by wasak(m): 3:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
mz mariah: No. my fear is 'who will ask me the question.

my own fear is who will i ask d question
Re: Will You Marry Me? by or3gon: 3:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
mz mariah: That question 'Will you marry me' scares me sad
will you marry me?
Re: Will You Marry Me? by or3gon: 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2014
comot d fear, I don ask already, again will you marry me? cheesy
Re: Will You Marry Me? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 04, 2014
or3gon: comot d fear, I don ask already, again will you marry me? cheesy
grin grin grin Now I'm going to faint grin

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry Me? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 04, 2014
wasak:

my own fear is who will i ask d question
God will provide grin grin grin

The thing is people change when they marry. some men will turn to beasts and women to Jezebels. its complicated cry cry
Re: Will You Marry Me? by Dlionsheart: 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2014
woky: I don't understand

You have understanding problem abi

How's that NL problem? When you were busy using your school fees for agege bread and akara, and running to your girlfriend's house till school dismiss, you forgot that one day you'll be ask to read and understand simple sentence in English.
Re: Will You Marry Me? by or3gon: 3:37pm On Jul 04, 2014
mz mariah: grin grin grin Now I'm going to faint grin
abeg O! fainting is not permitted, grin no time 4 that grin grin
Re: Will You Marry Me? by woky: 3:37pm On Jul 04, 2014
D lion'sheart:

You have understanding problem abi

How's that NL problem? When you were busy using your school fees for agege bread and akara, and running to your girlfriend's house till school dismiss, you forgot that one day you'll be ask to read and understand simple sentence in English.
Lol!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry Me? by Agybabe(f): 3:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
Even if I know we'll get married, he must ask o.

Ask officially and it shall be done.

If I need him to ask quickly, our chats will be on proposal talks, like "oh baby do you see how cutely that guy asked her hand in marriage?" smiley

I go show am pictures, movies, etc but if after all these he remains the same, I go withdraw gradually then that time he go do the needful. cool

Pesin no go fit use me come shine! Naaaah. grin

2 Likes

Re: Will You Marry Me? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 04, 2014
or3gon: abeg O! fainting is not permitted, grin no time 4 that grin grin
grin
Re: Will You Marry Me? by oamronnie(f): 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2014
The proposal sef does not guarantee marriage. I know people that have been wearing rings around for years. It just scares other guys away and 'marks' you. That in itself is scary! If you are gonna propose to me, you had better have a wedding date fixed too.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Marry Me? by jobsat34(m): 4:03pm On Jul 04, 2014

are yu looking for a special "trait" in the who ??
Re: Will You Marry Me? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 04, 2014
jobsat34:

are yu looking for a special "trait" in the who ??
My fear is that people change jobsat34 smiley Marriage................
Re: Will You Marry Me? by jobsat34(m): 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2014
mz mariah: My fear is that people change jobsat34 smiley Marriage................

I gerrit.. Everythin changes my sis...
Re: Will You Marry Me? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 04, 2014
oamronnie:
So what do u do if he doesn't? Don't forget he really wants to marry you.

Then ask him! you need him to clarify by asking.
at the end of most relationships, guys usually say 'after all, I never asked you to marry me or told you that I'll marry you'.

So if it was me, I'll simply say 'Honey, you've been making plans for our future but have not yet asked me to marry you. so please ask now or I'll consider myself a free agent' cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

easier said than done sha

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry Me? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
jobsat34:

I gerrit.. Everythin changes my sis...
Its not about the ring o, its about whose giving it to you. serious prayers suppose dey involved before you tell any man 'yes' and before any man proposes to any 'woman' because the rate at which people change is surprising.

My secondery school mate got married last year November 7th last year and the marriage crashed march this year. embarassed
Re: Will You Marry Me? by jobsat34(m): 4:30pm On Jul 04, 2014
mz mariah: Its not about the ring o, its about whose giving it to you. serious prayers suppose dey involved before you tell any man 'yes' and before any man proposes to any 'woman' because the rate at which people change is surprising.

My secondery school mate got married last year November 7th last year and the marriage crashed march this year. embarassed

you know, i told a colleague last week, that most guys nowadays want a partner but not ready to take responsibility..
she gave me a "no be because yu grew up in the street dey make yu think like that" look...

most guys don't even plan for their marriage life....
Re: Will You Marry Me? by TyTymer(m): 4:31pm On Jul 04, 2014
Ceasar1: Mehn_ It's better to lock up and start preparing for the wedding than to ask that question directly.

At the last minute, something might just trigger her brain and she might say No.

A word is enough for the Wise.
Bless you bro. They are unpredictable beings.
Re: Will You Marry Me? by zeb04(f): 4:37pm On Jul 04, 2014
Ask and you shall receive btw I won't put on that ring until six months to the wedding
Re: Will You Marry Me? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 04, 2014
jobsat34:

you know, i told a colleague last week, that most guys nowadays want a partner but not ready to take responsibility..
she gave me a "no be because yu grew up in the street dey make yu think like that" look...

most guys don't even plan for their marriage life....
Hmmmm...abi o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Woman Without A Vagina / PHOTO: See What My Friend Bought His GF To Help her Keep Up. / Example Of Fake Ladies. Who Fake Themselves 2look Good!(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.