Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular (6962 Views)

The Best And The Worst Performing Governor In S/west / Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by chymystique(f): 4:39am On Jul 06, 2014
passion007:
That is patently false.
The road to my village, Ugwogo Nike-Ikem Road, was built by Sullivan, and the road is scheduled to continue to Eha Amufu till the borderland with Nkalagu in Ebonyi.
He has also provided rural water and electricity for most parts of Isi Uzo. Power in Eha Amufu and Ikem is light years (pun intended) better than in some capital cities.
Ikem has been linked to Obollo Afor by road.

If you know Enugu State, you'd realise that Isi Uzo is one of those LGAs that lead nowhere, hence a perfect gauge to measure a Government's productivity.
Government after government said there was no money to do that road, but Sullivan partnered the LGA and the road is still ongoing even if at the slowest pace.

Sullivan Chime has done remarkably well. He has exceeded my expectations.

Shey that the road to your own villa... Wah of the roads in those villages along Nsukka road(Udi LGA).. Egede, amaozara linking towards Affa.. Infact all doz villages along Nsukka rd is nothin to write home..no lite, no water, no road.. They ve nothing. Evn Fr. Mbaka said it.. He shldnt b performing on one side and expect me to praise him
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:40am On Jul 06, 2014
Well,Chime to me isn't the best performing governor, not even by a long shot.
After 8yrs he only have beautification done in Enugu city to show for.
The man has no vission; Just a camera shy grown a..ss man who ffuckss anything that has a hole. Abeg,make person hear word.

2 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by passion007: 6:57am On Jul 06, 2014
chymystique:

Shey that the road to your own villa... Wah of the roads in those villages along Nsukka road(Udi LGA).. Egede, amaozara linking towards Affa.. Infact all doz villages along Nsukka rd is nothin to write home..no lite, no water, no road.. They ve nothing. Evn Fr. Mbaka said it.. He shldnt b performing on one side and expect me to praise him

Interesting that you wish he'd fix all Enugu roads by the snap of a finger. His 4-point agenda focuses on KEY roads. Just because he hasn't fixed the road that leads to your own house in Egede or Affa, you conclude he hasn't done well. Didn't he link Udi to Ozalla Nkanu, and Udi to Anambra borderland, and there are many more new interior roads along Old Nsukka road such as those leading into Ukehe, Ohebedim etc.
If Sullivan fixes all the roads, what will the next Governor do?

1 Like

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Unemadu: 7:07am On Jul 06, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

Did he lie?
Chime is a one city performing governor; Something is wrong if Anambra is set to produce more food than Enugu.
To me,Chime is smart, smart enough to deceive the whole Enugu populace with beautification of a single city out of all the towns in Enugu state.
And who made him the best performing governor......mtcheee!

Chime beautified Enugu city and reached out to rural communities meanwhile Obi reached out to rural communities but never beautified his state capital..do u see the difference?

1 Like

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by omicron(m): 8:10am On Jul 06, 2014
chymystique:

According to you, he should do all the rural roads plus the city roads in 8yrs. I tell you, even when all the state allocation and IGR is used only for road reconstruction and creation, in 8 years, all the roads you can conceive cannot be built with it.

Not to mention that Sullivan did significantly and strategically well in rural development too, just that maybe the city works overshadow those of the rural works. And if you consider that sullivan's success is told mostly by the 'man on the street', then you'd see more possible reasons while his city works are the more spoken of in social media.

The guy has done exceedingly well, that is a consensus (and I don't mean that 100% of people believe so). Moreso, he has raised the height of minimum expectation the people may have from successive governments, in terms of actual service delivery as well as style of governance.

If only successive governments will work just as he has done...I pray they exceed him.

2 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by fuckluv(f): 8:28am On Jul 06, 2014
lakpa lakpa: Chime like most SE governors is empty and has nothing good to offer to his people.

grin grin grin grin
grin grin cheesy grin You are lakpa lakpa indeed grin

3 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by fuckluv(f): 8:34am On Jul 06, 2014
passion007: .
If Sullivan fixes all the roads, what will the next Governor do?
The next Gov. Will focus on education. So you're from Ugwogo-Nike? shocked shocked shocked That place backward no be small.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by passion007: 8:46am On Jul 06, 2014
fuckluv: The next Gov. Will focus on education. So you're from Ugwogo-Nike? shocked shocked shocked That place backward no be small.
Ugwogo-Nike backward? Please give us the specifics? Are there no good roads there? Schools? Hospitals? Isn't it the same Ugwogo with the thriving food market, that's only a quarter hour from Enugu?
BTW I'm from Ikem, Isi Uzo.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 9:16am On Jul 06, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli: Well,Chime to me isn't the best performing governor, not even by a long shot.
After 8yrs he only have beautification done in Enugu city to show for.
The man has no vission; Just a camera shy grown a..ss man who ffuckss anything that has a hole. Abeg,make person hear word.

In 8 years, he beautified Enugu town and turned it into a city.

He had a mission and he scored a hat trick in its execution, we are proud of the ones he silently delivered while wishing for a successor that will out perform him. May God bless Enugu state.

2 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 9:17am On Jul 06, 2014
omicron: According to you, he should do all the rural roads plus the city roads in 8yrs. I tell you, even when all the state allocation and IGR is used only for road reconstruction and creation, in 8 years, all the roads you can conceive cannot be built with it.

Not to mention that Sullivan did significantly and strategically well in rural development too, just that maybe the city works overshadow those of the rural works. And if you consider that sullivan's success is told mostly by the 'man on the street', then you'd see more possible reasons while his city works are the more spoken of in social media.

The guy has done exceedingly well, that is a consensus (and I don't mean that 100% of people believe so). Moreso, he has raised the height of minimum expectation the people may have from successive governments, in terms of actual service delivery as well as style of governance.

If only successive governments will work just as he has done...I pray they exceed him.

You are on point, thanks.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 9:22am On Jul 06, 2014
otil1: Who says Chime is not popular? Just Google him and watch the hits. But the results might not be about performance. It might have many domestic scandals dominating -like doing sis inlaw, sleezy topless late parties, Picanto gifts to gurls that impress him, locking up wifey, etc. That's performance in another shade I suppose

grin NKea bukwa asili ka I na akuzi bro cheesy

We elected Sullivan to work in Enugu state and as at the last time I checked, he is still delivering on his mandate. Every other thing na gossip grin

2 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 9:25am On Jul 06, 2014
A governor that did this. .....

Abeg be posting your governors own achievements also.

2 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 9:27am On Jul 06, 2014
Have you ever seen this before, in any state.
How about this lovely bus stop.

1 Like

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 9:30am On Jul 06, 2014
The new tunnel.

1 Like

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by otil1: 9:32am On Jul 06, 2014
Chime's performance after 8years is at best controversial. From the foregoing many say he has many say he hasn't.

Me I say, if he is an urban freak, fine. What about Emene? Ngwo? And 9th mile? These are all part of Enugu.

Oji, an old peri-urban that existed b4 he was born got nothing -zilch. Nsuka the University town nko, nothing nothing, not to mention Agbani, another University town created solely by his predecessor.

In summary, nothing new. Just embellishment of existing Enugu. No new road, nothing new.

Did his predecessor not create Nza link road to new haven? The tunnel? Started 9th mile byepass? I challenge the defenders here to show me any new devt.

Resurfacing existing road networks created in the colonial days won't earn my pass mark. Sorry. All na wash! And those light brains here are showing how much the have been brain washed

3 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 9:32am On Jul 06, 2014
The mega mall.

1 Like

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Chino72: 9:33am On Jul 06, 2014
Chime is trying but a lot still needs to be done in other sectors! He has tried in his own capacity, let Ike Ekweremmadu or somebody from Nsukka zone lead the state from next year!
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 9:36am On Jul 06, 2014
The mall

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 9:37am On Jul 06, 2014
Chino72: Chime is trying but a lot still needs to be done in other sectors! He has tried in his own capacity, let Ike Ekweremmadu lead the state from next year!

Chime tried roo much, Ike Ekweremmadu is my man, but I would love to see an Nsukka man in Power.

2 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Chino72: 9:41am On Jul 06, 2014
Yea! But presently Nsukka does not have a frontline politician that can match the likes of Ekweremmadu and others in the southern Enugu state! I just hope Nsukka gets it, because that zone needs to be properly opened up.

spyder880:
Chime tried roo much, Ike Ekweremmadu is my man, but I would love to see an Nsukka man in Power.

1 Like

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 9:42am On Jul 06, 2014
How about this two lane bridge started and completed in the shortest time possible?

All administrators in Nigeria should beg Sullivan to teach them how to score with accuracy. grin

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 9:45am On Jul 06, 2014
Chino72: Yea! But presently Nsukka does not have a frontline politician that can match the likes of Ekweremmadu and others in the southern Enugu state! I just hope Nsukka gets it, because that zone needs to be properly opened up.

I am sure they do have. Before Sullivan came on nobody believed Enugu had a good performer, not to talk of Udi LGA.

3 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by otil1: 9:48am On Jul 06, 2014
@Spyder880, pls I'd love some shots, any shot from Emene (aside FGNS airport), 9th Mile, Nsukka and Oji.

If I see those, I can then show u some from Ohu, Akpakwume and Nachi all in Udi, Gov's LGA -3 examples of towns in Enugu.

Gentlemen and ladies, if the problem of the Enugu man on the street is repaving of existing roads in only one side of Enugu (city centre), the I rest my case.

But if with almost all communities, where majority of the 3million population of th State live, having dilapidated public schools and maternities, and only city centre has shiny handrails, bros, may nothing near Sullivan ever visit Enugu people again, Amen

1 Like

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 9:49am On Jul 06, 2014
God bless Enugu state of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 9:51am On Jul 06, 2014
otil1: @Spyder880, pls I'd love some shots, any shot from Emene (aside FGNS airport), 9th Mile, Nsukka and Oji.

If I see those, I can then show u some from Ohu, Akpakwume and Nachi all in Udi, Gov's LGA -3 examples of towns in Enugu.

Gentlemen and ladies, if the problem of the Enugu man on the street is repaving of existing roads in only one side of Enugu (city centre), the I rest my case.

But if with almost all communities, where majority of the 3million population of th State live, having dilapidated public schools and maternities, and only city centre has shiny handrails, bros, may nothing near Sullivan ever visit Enugu people again, Amen

I will reply you soon.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by passion007: 9:53am On Jul 06, 2014
otil1: [s]Chime's performance after 8years is at best controversial. From the foregoing many say he has many say he hasn't.

Me I say, if he is an urban freak, fine. What about Emene? Ngwo? And 9th mile? These are all part of Enugu.

Oji, an old peri-urban that existed b4 he was born got nothing -zilch. Nsuka the University town nko, nothing nothing, not to mention Agbani, another University town created solely by his predecessor.

In summary, nothing new. Just embellishment of existing Enugu. No new road, nothing new.

Did his predecessor not create Nza link road to new haven? The tunnel? Started 9th mile byepass? I challenge the defenders here to show me any new devt.

Resurfacing existing road networks created in the colonial days won't earn my pass mark. Sorry. All na wash! And those light brains here are showing how much the have been brain washed[/s]
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 9:54am On Jul 06, 2014
Did you say Emene?
The new airport bypass road done by Sullivan.

1 Like

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 9:58am On Jul 06, 2014
This road works is also at Emene Enugu, going to Abakaliki.

1 Like

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by passion007: 10:00am On Jul 06, 2014
Otil1,
I'm watching to see how you'll move the goalpost... The pictures are rolling in per your request.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by otil1: 10:01am On Jul 06, 2014
spyder880: Did you say Emene?
The new airport bypass road done by Sullivan.

I said 4get the Emene airport road which is part of the show.

In Emene, nothing nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by otil1: 10:03am On Jul 06, 2014
passion007: Otil1,
I'm watching to see how you'll move the goalpost... The pictures are rolling in per your request.

Bros, we are on ground.

We don't call that place Emene. It's Abakiliki Rd, from where you go to Emene.

2 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 10:06am On Jul 06, 2014
otil1:

I said 4get the Emene airport road which is part of the show.

In Emene, nothing nothing.

What about Emene old road, I can drive to Emene now. The airport road is for show and old road through thinkers corner is also for swow. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Member Lost Fight Against Nigerian Soldier With Photos / International Indictment: Jonathan's Govt Innefective- Obama / If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.