Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular (6961 Views)

The Best And The Worst Performing Governor In S/west / Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
spyder880:

Okay, show us a picture of Enugu as at the time the regional governors were there and let's compare with Enugu of today.

Enugu can feed the whole country?, what stops Anambra or Imo from doing so?

You mean Enugu people can barely eat?

I didn't come here to insult Ndi Enugu; disclaimer.

Enugu is not developing to its full potential ; How do you intend to increase the IGR of the state and increase the states spending power and alleviate the state from borrowing. Or will you borrow and depend on the federal allocation till when.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by passion007: 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nwa Anambra: I don't want to go down this way with you......... if you don't keep your cool and reel out real analysis without the intent to insult, then I might just give it to you just the way you love it. peace!
No need to get worked up.
Talk about real analysis! Let's begin with your contentious claim that Enugu state has only one city. What exactly did you mean by that? I genuinely wish to know.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 1:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

I didn't come here to insult Ndi Enugu; disclaimer.

Enugu is not developing to its full potential ; How do you intend to increase the IGR of the state a! nd increase the states spending power and alleviate the state from borrowing. Or will you borrow and depend on the federal allocation till when.

Tourism, and that is what Chime got right, clean roads, clean cabs, quality hotels, airports, cool estates, security and voila! The jobs will roll in cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by NwaAnambra(m): 1:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
spyder880:

I am waiting for you people to tell us who is hungry in Enugu?
My Good friend, nobody is fighting with you, so chill. I spent five years in Nsukka and have visited Nkanu parts cos my friends are from there. My roommate is from uzo uwani. so I know the entire place really well. but I am not here to fight with you or any other person. Enugu remains the political capital of the East, so we are all proud of Enugu.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
fuckluv: The next Gov. Will focus on education. So you're from Ugwogo-Nike? shocked shocked shocked That place backward no be small.

With all the education awareness present in Enugu due to the many higher institutions scattered all over Enugu,Enugu is still lagging behind in education. Tell me one area that Enugu state has attracted public attention in? None,yet with all the beautiful people will go to Cross River and so many other places before Enugu. Lets be honest,Chime is a quiet,timid and a sneaky failure!
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by passion007: 1:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

Seriously, by Nigeria standard Enugu is beautiful but for me I care more about how the poor are rehabilitated and spread of wealth and growth of the middle class.

I know our Awka is still not in the class of Enugu city but we are coming very aggressive and strong and I don't look up to Enugu. We will give Nigerians something to mull about in the coming years. We want every part of Anambra to be developed to its full potential; We will shock Nigerians with Awka.

Glib as a politician. Please don't make this thread about Awka, which by the way, I'd love to see at her "full potential".
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 1:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nwa Anambra: My Good friend, nobody is fighting with you, so chill. I spent five years in Nsukka and have visited Nkanu parts cos my friends are from there. My roommate is from uzo uwani. so I know the entire place really well. but I am not here to fight with you or any other person. Enugu remains the political capital of the East, so we are all proud of Enugu.

I am cool bro, cheesy we are saying the same thing. The governor is doing his best at least.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Chino72: 1:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
Please all of you should drop this unnecessary fight. Chime is trying but a lot, I mean a lot still needs to be done in other neglected sectors and zones! I was in Enugu state recently I saw things myself, development should have spread and be multifaceted! Please let us not wash our dirty linen out here. Please I beg una! All SE major cities are doing well, from Onitsha to Enugu to Owerre to Aba to Awka to Asaba to Umuahia to Abakaliki to Nnewi to Nsukka.. etc are doing fine..

1 Like

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by passion007: 1:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

With all the education awareness present in Enugu due to the many higher institutions scattered all over Enugu,Enugu is still lagging behind in education. Tell me one area that Enugu state has attracted public attention in? None,yet with all the beautiful people will go to Cross River and so many other places before Enugu. Lets be honest,Chime is a quiet,timid and a sneaky failure!
Aren't you the same dude who went about claiming that the Ezeagu-born superstar, Chiwetel Ejiofor was from Anambra?

1 Like

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by NwaAnambra(m): 1:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
spyder880:

I am cool bro, cheesy we are saying the same thing. The governor is doing his best at least.
That said, there's plenty room for improvement in terms of opening up new frontiers. I'd like to see a new Nsukka and so on. New investments to increase the purchasing power of the people and reduce the poverty rate.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by agamenon(m): 1:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
You are too naïve to have made this statement
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
passion007:

Glib as a politician. Please don't make this thread about Awka, which by the way, I'd love to see at her "full potential".

I only replied in context to your post; why is Enugu lagging behind in Education,rural development, agricultural revolution, sports and even in health? Or do you people think UNTH should serve every Enugite in any part of Enugu where they are location?

1 Like

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 1:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

Enugu state is ranking among the best in educational achievement nation wide. One area that has attracted public attention in Enugu is the tourism. Swear if you never come shop for polo park mall grin

1 Like

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by passion007: 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
spyder880:

Enugu state is ranking among the best in educational achievement nation wide. One area that has attracted public attention in Enugu is the tourism. Swear if you never come shop for polo park mall grin

Odenigbo, swear first!
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
passion007:
Aren't you the same dude who went about claiming that the Ezeagu-born superstar, Chiwetel Ejiofor was from Anambra?

Sorry,it wasn't me but I wanna know how this affects the discussion.
Typical Nigerians, they love that distractions.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by passion007: 1:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

I only replied in context to your post; why is Enugu lagging behind in Education,rural development, agricultural revolution, sports and even in health? Or do you people think UNTH should serve every Enugite in any part of Enugu where they are location?
Odenigbo, don't be petty.
Parklane is the best-run state teaching hospital in the East, one of only 14 state universities licensed to train doctors
Everyone agrees Chime hasn't invested as much in education, but even then didn't Enugu kids come in 3rd nationwide at the Unity Schools entrance exams?
Rural development, sports? How is Enugu lagging behind? And who is the comparison?
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
spyder880:

Guy,this isn't to mock Enugu but why can't Enugu be on the top 5.
And no, I have never been to Enugu but I have hundreds relatives who grew up there and it has good influence on them. I'm a Lagos boy born in Plateau, who lived in Benin.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2014
passion007:
Odenigbo, don't be petty.
Parklane is the best-run state teaching hospital in the East.
Everyone agrees Chime hasn't invested as much in education, but even then didn't Enugu kids come in 3rd nationwide at the Unity Schools entrance exams?
Rural development, sports? How is Enugu lagging behind?

I'm not talking about a student here,I'm talking about a complete overhaul of the school system which will benefit every child.
Secondly, how can you come out of nowhere and tell people like us that Park lane is the best run hospital in the east...Ol'boy, nawaoo.
Yea,sports like national sports festival and inter-house. I mean sports at the grassroots level.
Rural development like opening all remote villages for easy access and wealth creation.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 2:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

I'm not talking about a student here,I'm talking about a complete overhaul of the school system which will benefit every child.
Secondly, how can you come out of nowhere and tell people like us that Park lane is the best run hospital in the east...Ol'boy, nawaoo.
Yea,sports like national sports festival and inter-house. I mean sports at the grassroots level.
Rural development like opening all remote villages for easy access and wealth creation.

Which others na apart from parklane cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by passion007: 2:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

I presume you're from Anambra.
Please tell us how your state has fared in those areas, so we know whether to borrow a leaf.
We are all interdependent on each other.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by jude2011: 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
@spyder880
Is nkanu east not part of enugu?? Nkerefi road is a nightmare, mbubrubu', ihuokpara all their roads are bad yet my guv is busy ppainting enugu. Nomeh has good roads right??. Stopp defending him.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Chino72: 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
I honestly don't want to be part of all these unnecessary d1ck measuring. I am pleading with you guys to drop this. Abeg!
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by passion007: 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
jude2011: @spyder880
Is nkanu east not part of enugu?? Nkerefi road is a nightmare, mbubrubu', ihuokpara all their roads are bad yet my guv is busy ppainting enugu. Nomeh has good roads right??. Stopp defending him.
Nobody is saying Sullivan is perfect.
After all, Nnamani spent 8 years working only at Nkanu West, did the heavens fall?
Sullivan has touched many communities in Enugu State, much more than any previous state governor.
But still, he can't fix all the roads in Enugu state on a tight budget.
Has Akwa Ibom with all the funds available to her, fixed all the roads in AKS?
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
passion007:
I presume you're from Anambra.
Please tell us how your state has fared in those areas, so we know whether to borrow a leaf.
We are all interdependent on each other.

Guy,are you a learner? Who doesn't know Odenigbo is from Anambra?
I will not tell you what Anambra has achieved because that will amount to bragging.
But I will tell you this;Nwanne,Anambra is on a rapid rise and in all areas; Education,Industry, Health, Urban and rural development....Ol'boy,Anambra with the way it's moving I think very soon everybody will wanna move there.

Now,do you own research about Anambra of today.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by FreeGlobe(f): 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

Guy,are you a learner? [s]Who doesn't know Odenigbo is from Anambra?[/s]
I will not tell you what Anambra has achieved because that will amount to bragging.
But I will tell you this;Nwanne,Anambra is on a rapid rise and in all areas; Education,Industry, Health, Urban and rural development....Ol'boy,Anambra with the way it's moving I think very soon everybody will wanna move there.

Now,do you own research about Anambra of today.
Stop your lies and foolishness. I came late to this thread but I hope you didn't try to counter the fact that Chime is the best governor in the east since nigeria's return to democracy
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
spyder880:
Which others na apart from parklane cheesy

Do you know how many hospitals Obi rehabilitated and the new ones he built? Do you know Anambra is one of the few state that trains most of the nurses and midwives in Nigeria? Dude,Anambra is developing from the grassroots and everybody is being touched and not just the people in Awka.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Unemadu: 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

Enugu city was already well planned and developed by the past governors of the former eastern Nigerian CAPITAL! Its an insult to put Obi and Chime in the same sentence! !!! Seriously, they belong to different world. Who care about beauty when they are starving? A f.ool. I seems to me that you people care more about seeing the city look beautiful that having the state developed holistically. Eight years in power and all he achieved is the continued beautification of Enugu city. Do you people even have the idea that Enugu can feed the whole southeast if they utilize their potentials in agriculture. All we get is beautification this or that; How can you built a castle for a man who can barely eat? That's where Obi and Chime differs.....One is bent on developing is state and making them to be the number one destination for investment,while the other believe in making a single city look beautiful so he can impress the gullible masses.

Hahahaa u people equate organizing a place to beautification. someone built roads put trafic lights,put street lights so that means beautification?

we like to be organized tnx

secondly Enugu is also improving in terms of education as indicated in 2013 waec results.

Enugu is spreading development to other towns

there's a college of agric in my town iwollo and development has increased there.

No matter what u think Enugu is growing up.

umunem dejenu o!!!!!
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
FreeGlobe:
Stop your lies and foolishness. I came late to this thread but I hope you didn't try to counter the fact that Chime is the best governor in the east since nigeria's return to democracy

See this sore loser of an Enugite who wanna be Anambra but at the same time disrespect our Icon,Chief Obi.
Emeli enu, emeli ana you will never be from Anambra....That's a fact you must live with.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by FreeGlobe(f): 3:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

See this sore loser of an Enugite who wanna be Anambra but at the same time disrespect our Icon,Chief Obi.
Emeli enu, emeli ana you will never be from Anambra....That's a fact you must live with.
Peter obi is an icon of never do wells like you. He has been forgotten in Anambra. Nobody regards the fraud again. Whether I'm from Anambra or not is not something I will argue with a fool like you.

1 Like

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
Unemadu:

Hahahaa u people equate organizing a place to beautification. someone built roads put trafic lights,put street lights so that means beautification?

we like to be organized tnx

secondly Enugu is also improving in terms of education as indicated in 2013 waec results.

Enugu is spreading development to other towns

there's a college of agric in my town iwollo and development has increased there.

No matter what u think Enugu is growing up.

umunem dejenu o!!!!!

I didn't say Enugu isn't developing. But in what areas,at what pace?
Enugu needs a visioner who thinks outside of the box. Or maybe you guys are satisfied with what you have.

1 Like

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by FreeGlobe(f): 3:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

I didn't say Enugu isn't developing. But in what areas,at what pace?
Enugu needs a visioner who thinks outside of the box. Or maybe you guys are satisfied with what you have.
leave Enugu and talk about Anambra where your god peter obi wasted 8 years doing nothing but propaganda. Apart from private investments in Anambra, how can you compare both states? I know you have never visited Enugu, thats why you are running your mouth. Why not go and join your icon peter obi as he is begging GEJ and Anambra pdp to be made minister

2 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
FreeGlobe:
Peter obi is an icon of never do wells like you. He has been forgotten in Anambra. Nobody regards the fraud again. Whether I'm from Anambra or not is not something I will argue with a fool like you.

He has been forgotten in Anambra, while groups are still honoring him, clergymen, nba and the whole nation keep eulogising him......You have been beaten black and blue yet you refuse to give up....Bros,quit because you are becoming a joke.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News :heavy Shooting Begins In Oyigbo Rivers state(12:09am) / We Are Very Confident Buhari Will Be Reelected This Year - APC / Court Dismisses APC Suit Against Adebutu, Akinlade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.