Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:02 AM

You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG (42281 Views)

Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? / Hot New Free TV Series Download Website Discovered!! / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by seunbadmus(f): 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
Nah wah for Nigerian government oo. They mean we'll pay for propaganda they feed us with?

5 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Psychodavidovic(m): 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
FG or Jonathan ?
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
This is unnecessary, all the dues Nigerians has paid for, what has they shown for it? Nigerians are already moving away from indigenous TV channels sef. For me to pay watch NTA or any other FG owned, I will subscribe to any Free to Air TV provider! Nigeria nor go chop that my share!

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by seegobe(m): 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
seasons films don finish for market?

5 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by ChiSun27(m): 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
Can't even rememba d last tym I sat down 2 watch TV as in Local station thnz...na only WWE dey mek me turn on my TV set and DVD....outsyd dat na BB thnz.....d whole world is ryt hia on my BB.

2 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Atyem(m): 7:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
Nigeria government hardly give to the masses but still want to collect their hard earn money by any means. Paying access fee for the news that is always tailored to favour the government, I think power, education, health and other infrastructures needs more attention not media

4 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by kingklaus(m): 7:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
Shee if u nor pay, u nor go watch owkenaa... a ah let dem start ni

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
Dese ba$tards called nigerian govt, d only thing dey good at is making money and looking for means to make more money, dey can't solve problem of d masses, so we'll pay 2 watch tv abi, dat one na if lyt dey 2 watch am sef, shey na dose yeye tv stations wey na only news n yeye tok tok dem sabi do, dem no get movies no music videos, no entertainin program, dey nw xpct us 2 pay, dat 1 sef dey. Dey kip deliberating on issues dat wunt add value 2 d public, I pray dis law neva sees the light of many years 2 come

3 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Burger01(m): 7:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
You mean I should pay just to watch silly stations like nta and LTV!? Hehn! This govt is really clueless. Soon Nigeria will be sold and privatised. Govt should think of how to subsidise products and make life much easier for Nigerians rather than looking for every avenue to milk the masses. Abeg o, if any TV agent come my house for one kain TV licence levy na my alssy go comot the person dicck. I swear. angry

5 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
what a big joke. is dstv and other current cable tv. dead

a huge percent of nigerians are suffering in poverty they. wanna still make it worse. any ways. i blame GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:01pm On Jul 05, 2014
Obiagelli: pay to sponsor Nta? God forbid. All this government knows how to do is make people pay more for nothing. Phcn, fuel, Npa, Custom duty, Faan and many more.
What pains most is they ll give epileptic service delivery.
A cursed government runs in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by MillionDollars: 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2014
And dey will still be shouting GEJ till 2019... M-o-r-o-n-s

18 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Emma8043(m): 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2014
Me pay to watch NTA? hmm i rather use the money and go and pay for...* were i go hang my cloth? Hang am there*

2 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by justi4jesu(f): 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2014
Which Way Nigeria...
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by goldentreasure: 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
That is their business. who is even interested in watching NTA with all their fake news. Oga Jonathan, pls park well.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by timnelander: 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
follow follow an open eyes
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Agbalanze(m): 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2014
What a welcome development!
A great reason for me not to even watch local stations at all!!

3 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Hanihairy(m): 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2014
Pay 2 watch NTA??...dat wil neva hapen

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:07pm On Jul 05, 2014
Where is the light to watch TV. Now because we buy generator to watch our own Tv dem still wan another route collect money
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
zz
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by mrtruth: 7:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
[quote author=delishpot
That's just it. Shame!
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by justi4jesu(f): 7:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
undecided
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by kuzee(m): 7:09pm On Jul 05, 2014
who get time for their boring channels
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Herrmes: 7:10pm On Jul 05, 2014
More reasons why I hated growing up in Nigeria, Something terrible has to happen to all corrupt power holders in Nigeria, if not they're going nowhere
Copy other things like the Medical system of advanced countries, security of advanced countries, educational system, standard of living, GDP and etc but all I'm seeing each day is a way to put more money in the pockets of the "leaders", BTW if it's not what I'm thinking then I need an explanation

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by donbenart: 7:10pm On Jul 05, 2014
WAR! WAR! WAR! BT SHA I CANT REMEMBER WHEN LAST I ENJOYED WATCHING NATIONAL TV
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Emulti(m): 7:10pm On Jul 05, 2014
Obiagelli: Here’s the news in brief: Nigerians who own
television sets will soon have to pay
“annual content access fee” to improve
content and infrastructure of the country’s
broadcasting stations.
The fee is similar to the TV licence paid in
the UK ─ which is used to fund the British
Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).
As a result, the BBC does not accept
advertisements in the UK because it is
financed with tax payers’ money.
Government-owned broadcast stations in
Nigeria run on subventions as well as
advertising revenue.
Nigeria currently operates a radio licence
regime which is considered ineffective.
However, the federal government said it
would introduce “content access fee” to
replace radio licence fee ahead of
Nigeria’s migration to digital terrestrial
television broadcasting by 2015.
Information minister Labaran Maku made
this known at the opening of the extra
ordinary meeting of the National Council of
Information (NCI) in Abuja.
Maku said the planned content access fee,
which was currently undergoing final
adjustments, was expected to get the nod
of the federal executive council before the
migration.
He said that government and other
stakeholders would leverage on the new
technology to make the new format more
effective than the archaic radio licence
fees format.
Maku explained: “For a long time radio
licences have not been collected and in
other countries the public broadcast
services are run from fees collected on
broadcast content.
“But unfortunately in our country, the
existing constitutional provision has made
fee collection less effective.
“Now, we are undertaking a new format.
We are taking advantage of the digital
technology and looking beyond sending
people to go from place to place to collect
fees for broadcast content.”
According to him, under this new regime,
anyone seeking access to television content
has to pay an annual content access fee.
The minister outlined some of the
advantages of the new broadcast content
fee collection regime to include improved
financial capability for stakeholders “to
improve content and upgrade
infrastructure”.
He said this would help the Nigeria
Broadcasting Commission and other
stakeholders have access to adequate
funds for sustained upgrade of their
infrastructure for effective service delivery.
On the NCI meeting, Maku said Nigeria
was at crossroads to either transit
smoothly or risk being cut-off from the rest
of the world by June 2015 when the global
migration deadline takes effect.

www.thecable.ng/youll-soon-pay-to-watch-free-tv-at-home

bunch of thieves!

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by seedorfg(m): 7:11pm On Jul 05, 2014
Pay kini? Pay 4 Nta an Ait wacktv Or am i dreaming ni, to hell wit dere tv an stations . # walkin out of tread wit head bow# niqqa na Comedy con3
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by yehmi01(m): 7:11pm On Jul 05, 2014
NTA ke, do people still watch THAT THING.

The last time I watched NTA like really seating down to watch was when Abike dabiri was still dir and Marian Author dem.

Since that time I don't even know where they are.

Well may be its for those who dey watch am Sha.

I have always known Nigeria Government don't know the meaning of the word priority.

NEPA that we have been paying for since Jesus left till now we never solve that one Na money for TV dem won collect.

2 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by sexzskil(f): 7:11pm On Jul 05, 2014
We Africans have already copied everything from the West so what is now the big deal of the government copying common tv tarriff. Nigerians and hypocrities, everything we living on are from the West.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by sexzskil(f): 7:12pm On Jul 05, 2014
We Africans have already copied everything from the West so what is now the big deal of the government copying common tv tarriff. Nigerians and hypocrity, everything we living on are from the West so what d fvck are the protests about, smh.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by justi4jesu(f): 7:12pm On Jul 05, 2014
What do they even show on the NTA and AIT that they want people to pay for undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BBNaija: "If I Reason Your Matter, Khafi Na Small Girl"—Venita To Gedoni / Korean Season Film Gist / Tboss Kisses Jon Ogah, 'Fake' Big Brother Naija Housemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.