Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,621 members, 7,770,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:37 PM

You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG (42283 Views)

Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? / Hot New Free TV Series Download Website Discovered!! / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by chinex276(m): 7:34pm On Jul 05, 2014
Lafing in *okposi*

dey want us 2 'LUN' comot 4 dem 'FLUM' dis 'COUNTLY' abi.

3 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by gunuvi(m): 7:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
Prodigal son: thank u sir 4 taking d whole $hit personal.
you may think its personal but its not. some people on nl are always painting this nation on blacklight.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by pat077: 7:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
Any bodi way kom my place say he wan collect moni 4 tv license go hear ham.

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by yellowlord: 7:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
Mynd_44: Wait we have to pay to watch NTA? Lai lai.

Why did you ban me, and i can't comment on any of the section, how did i break rule1?

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by donodion(m): 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2014
hahahahah aftet collecting radio and tv license when you own a shop.soooon some idiots will say "welcome development..."

Government of developed countries gives something back to their citizens...Nigerian government Takes everything from theirs....soon Nigerians will pay for air to breath.

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by tuffgongjo(m): 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2014
This is d kinda news that will make u ask do their have "Gegemu" on d menu list in Aso rock?

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by egopersonified(f): 7:40pm On Jul 05, 2014
We shd b discussin scrapin NTA not payin for free tv, even my old sch dad has left NTA behind decades ago.

2 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2014
Dankarara: Nigeria! A country where notin is free

small correction! Nigeria! a country where everything useless is paid for!

3 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
Anyone still watches NTA?

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by anytaij: 7:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
Dubby6: Naija sabi copy rubbish sha...i go c how dem go come my room collect money for watching dat yeye Nta nd Ait....Rubbish...very soon we'll start paying wife/girlfriend nyashing dues
B4 nkor ?
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Ezekiah1977(m): 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2014
Do you think you can collect TV fees from Nigerian by force like PHCN. By the way, you want people to pay for that useless NTA.

FG you are joking

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Richardiyke271(m): 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2014
T-val:
Pay to watch What? To hell with them nd dere stations. Gotv nd dstv go com sell wella.
na waa oo which kind cont3 b dis self
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Jhosh(m): 7:46pm On Jul 05, 2014
If nan person dey bear FG.I 4 don send hired assasins 2 trim him/her.Or make i hire myself.Awon werey..Anoda source of corruption

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Donkunxex(m): 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
who dey watch nta....... Gej is a clown seriously

2 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Ezekiah1977(m): 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
Do you think you can collect TV fees from Nigerian by force like PHCN. By the way, you want people to pay for that useless NTA.

FG you are joking.

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Cecediva(f): 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
Marksule:
HI CUTE GAL
Am cool kiss
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
Una never see anything yet!

The proposed TV license fee will be very eeeeasy to collect once the country migrates to full digitization.

With digitization, there won't be free terrestrial stations to watch anymore hence we all have to subscribe to pay Tv be it Gotv, DSTV, star time etc and its at the point of renewing your monthly subscription that you will be charged for license fee in addition to your preferred bouquet plan which shall be remitted to the FG for content improvement and other sundry issues.

In the event you fail to buy a setup box( decoder) for your TV, all you will be restricted to is watching pirated series movie on your dvd player.

FG has finally caught up with us just like they are exploiting us with the service charge we pay with or without power monthly to our DISCOs.

4 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by mizzy007(m): 7:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
But we'v bin paying! Rubbish
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by bola4dprec(m): 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2014
Fresh air indeed I like Mai bara maku pass our president his presentations always similar to that comrades representing student union he speaks authoritatively, I am of the opinion that when God want to punish a Nation He will appointed bad leader to carry out the deed cause no any government without the knowledge of Almighty I believe Nigeria will soon wake up or break down.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by zyzxx(m): 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2014
Nigeria like to discourage those that pray for them.

I pray they stop and see the right things to do before the judgement of God will stand against them
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by omniwater007: 7:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
can somebody shout halelluya!
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2014
MAKE ANYYBODY WEY DEM NO BORN WELL,TRY AM COME MY.HOUSE TO ASK FOR TV FEES,I SWEAR NA URINE I GO POUR ON DIA BODY angry

ARRANT NONSENSE angry
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Frydae: 7:52pm On Jul 05, 2014
The t.v station are already filled wt very un-interesting programs and they want to make us pay to watch their nonsense? GOOD RIDDANCE TO JUNKY NONSENSE! RUBBISH! Soon their family will pay for oxygen b4 they can respirate! Extortionists!

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by gebest: 7:53pm On Jul 05, 2014
What kind of country is this dat d govt is nt planning d welfare of d people all they want is making it hard for d people, we pay high 4 fuel, phcn, water, recharge card, custom duty, police duty, yet no lit, no devmt frm d removal of subsidy, no water, tariff 4 call is high, security nkor, worst. Infact who is going to deliver us d hand of dis bad leadership.

2 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by dollyparton(m): 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2014
When I can't even remember the last time I watched a local tv station. I'll rather increase my DSTV subscription. Imagine paying to watch NTA.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by PECO4KING(m): 7:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
Obiagelli: Here’s the news in brief: Nigerians who own
television sets will soon have to pay
“annual content access fee” to improve
content and infrastructure of the country’s
broadcasting stations.
The fee is similar to the TV licence paid in
the UK ─ which is used to fund the British
Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).
As a result, the BBC does not accept
advertisements in the UK because it is
financed with tax payers’ money.
Government-owned broadcast stations in
Nigeria run on subventions as well as
advertising revenue.
Nigeria currently operates a radio licence
regime which is considered ineffective.
However, the federal government said it
would introduce “content access fee” to
replace radio licence fee ahead of
Nigeria’s migration to digital terrestrial
television broadcasting by 2015.
Information minister Labaran Maku made
this known at the opening of the extra
ordinary meeting of the National Council of
Information (NCI) in Abuja.
Maku said the planned content access fee,
which was currently undergoing final
adjustments, was expected to get the nod
of the federal executive council before the
migration.
He said that government and other
stakeholders would leverage on the new
technology to make the new format more
effective than the archaic radio licence
fees format.
Maku explained: “For a long time radio
licences have not been collected and in
other countries the public broadcast
services are run from fees collected on
broadcast content.
“But unfortunately in our country, the
existing constitutional provision has made
fee collection less effective.
“Now, we are undertaking a new format.
We are taking advantage of the digital
technology and looking beyond sending
people to go from place to place to collect
fees for broadcast content.”
According to him, under this new regime,
anyone seeking access to television content
has to pay an annual content access fee.
The minister outlined some of the
advantages of the new broadcast content
fee collection regime to include improved
financial capability for stakeholders “to
improve content and upgrade
infrastructure”.
He said this would help the Nigeria
Broadcasting Commission and other
stakeholders have access to adequate
funds for sustained upgrade of their
infrastructure for effective service delivery.
On the NCI meeting, Maku said Nigeria
was at crossroads to either transit
smoothly or risk being cut-off from the rest
of the world by June 2015 when the global
migration deadline takes effect.

www.thecable.ng/youll-soon-pay-to-watch-free-tv-at-home

GEJ is working team fresh air. Am enjoying the show.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Suarezilla(m): 7:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
Chai!..the only free gbaladu remaining in Nigeria has been privatized.Ooops...thank God dem nevr remembr to copy Western tax for parking YOUR own car for YOUR own house!
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Marksule(m): 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2014
Cecediva: Am cool kiss

i like u
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Lilswaghanxum(m): 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2014
Pay for that stupid NTA,doesn't air nice television programme.
I just the laugh grin
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Suarezilla(m): 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
dhammyg: MAKE ANYYBODY WEY DEM NO BORN WELL,TRY AM COME MY.HOUSE TO ASK FOR TV FEES,I SWEAR NA URINE I GO POUR ON DIA BODY angry

ARRANT NONSENSE angry
Nobody will come to your hws cos it will be digitalized...like u don't pay u r cut off from d server
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by gebest: 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ezekiah1977: Do you think you can collect TV fees from Nigerian by force like PHCN. By the way, you want people to pay for that useless NTA.

FG you are joking
NA DEM SABI, JUST ENJOYING MY 'MITV' FREE OF CHARGE DEY GO JAREE.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
They r only deceiving demselves cos NTA is a total write off. So nothin 4 MR FG

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BBNaija: "If I Reason Your Matter, Khafi Na Small Girl"—Venita To Gedoni / Korean Season Film Gist / Tboss Kisses Jon Ogah, 'Fake' Big Brother Naija Housemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.