Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

3 Not So Romantic Moves In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Not So Romantic Moves In Nigeria (1012 Views)

Ladies What Makes A Guy So Romantic To You? / OMG! This Is So Romantic! See What Meek Mill Did To Nicki Minaj While On Stage / He Is So Romantic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Not So Romantic Moves In Nigeria by seunpayne(m): 9:08am On Jul 06, 2014
3 Not so romantic moves in Nigeria
I recently saw a movie where the protagonist was given one week to prove his undying love for the love of his life. Some of the things he tried were drop dead romantic and some where...well...not that much. I started thinking what would it be like if a guy in Nigeria was faced with this challenge?

Sorry sha, I'm not about to give you seven romantic ideas to prove undying love but I can give you 3 romantic ideas that have the opposite effect.

This is no form of generalisation. I know not everyone is the same so this isn't valid for every woman you might meet but at least you would know enough not to try them anyhow.

1. FLOWERS: I still don't even get this one but there is that smile that comes to the face of a woman when a guy shows up at her door with a bouquet of flowers or even a single rose...at least in the movies anyway. Now I'm not really sure why but it doesn't seem to elicit the same reaction over here. Maybe it's the wrong type of red rose. Maybe we don't have the right glands to find it appealing or maybe you simply would be considered thrifty...The point is over here flowers are just what they are: flowers. They belong in a garden and that's where she wants to see them; not in your hands.

2. ROSE PETALS, RED SHEETS, SCENTED CANDLES: This one should have been romantic but thanks to nollywood you can kiss it goodbye. Imagine getting to a girl's house and finding an open door with rose petals on the floor leading to a semi dark area just around the corner. Once in the first thing you notice is her lying down on a bed with red sheets surrounded by scented candles...well?
I asked a few people and one word kept coming up and I think you have the word in your head by now: RITUALS. Some guys might argue that they won't be bothered and maybe they won't but I just think if you don't want her running back and screaming "he wants to use me for blood money", I suggest you on your gen.

3. THE NIGHT DRIVE:
So those Americans down south grab a truck full of Beer, drive to the country side and park in a nice remote spot with a good view of either the moon or the town...sometimes both and they have a good time. Oya wake up. Try that rubbish here and you will be lucky not to fall into police hands. If that wasn't deterrent enough, which kind mumu country side wey get remote spot no go be armed robber hideout? There might be a few exceptions but the general rule...especially with the current security challenges we face is not to be in funny places in the day talk more of in the night. Besides if the girl has any sense at all...she no go gree follow you.

Which others come to your mind?

1 Like

Re: 3 Not So Romantic Moves In Nigeria by Djicemob: 9:24am On Jul 06, 2014
So true. @Op ur no2 got me cracking grin.
Re: 3 Not So Romantic Moves In Nigeria by dytbabe: 9:26am On Jul 06, 2014
Writing me epistle like this cld also be sickening
Muchechechecheche
Re: 3 Not So Romantic Moves In Nigeria by sainty2k3(m): 11:29am On Jul 06, 2014
There is nothing more u can do to Naija babes than to find money, huge money, and spoil am with it. Flowers and candle ,lol she will ask u if u wan do funerals grin
Re: 3 Not So Romantic Moves In Nigeria by seunpayne(m): 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2014
dyt babe: Writing me epistle like this cld also be sickening
Muchechechecheche
don't worry. It wasn't written for you. It was for they guy eyeing you so he doesn't bore you with useless romantic ideas. ...
Re: 3 Not So Romantic Moves In Nigeria by seunpayne(m): 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
sainty2k3: There is nothing more u can do to Naija babes than to find money, huge money, and spoil am with it. Flowers and candle ,lol she will ask u if u wan do funerals grin

actually there is a lot. even poor people find love. don't follow the stereo type
Re: 3 Not So Romantic Moves In Nigeria by sainty2k3(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2014
seunpayne:

actually there is a lot. even poor people find love. don't follow the stereo type
May u Neva be poor to realise this is so true
Re: 3 Not So Romantic Moves In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
The word Romantic has been substituted for sex in the average Nigerian dictionary. grin
Re: 3 Not So Romantic Moves In Nigeria by seunpayne(m): 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
sainty2k3:
May u Neva be poor to realise this is so true

I grew up poor....its not a sickness...things change
Re: 3 Not So Romantic Moves In Nigeria by seunpayne(m): 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ceasar1: The word Romantic has been substituted for sex in the average Nigerian dictionary. grin

good thing I'm using the advanced version

1 Like

Re: 3 Not So Romantic Moves In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
Abi?

That indecency in the public, police dey use am chop people well well in Nigeria...

But I noticed from a movie that some countries allow indecency even inside a public mass transit system. I didn't believe my eyes.
Re: 3 Not So Romantic Moves In Nigeria by sainty2k3(m): 9:12pm On Jul 06, 2014
seunpayne:

I grew up poor....its not a sickness...things change
It is. I grew up poor too, am not rich yet but comfortable , poverty is a disease
Re: 3 Not So Romantic Moves In Nigeria by seunpayne(m): 10:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
okparaugo: Abi?

That indecency in the public, police dey use am chop people well well in Nigeria...

But I noticed from a movie that some countries allow indecency even inside a public mass transit system. I didn't believe my eyes.

I'm glad I'm a Nigerian....
Re: 3 Not So Romantic Moves In Nigeria by seunpayne(m): 10:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
sainty2k3:
It is. I grew up poor too, am not rich yet but comfortable , poverty is a disease

Being poor and poverty are quite different. I stand by what I said. The poor find love too.
Re: 3 Not So Romantic Moves In Nigeria by sainty2k3(m): 10:22pm On Jul 06, 2014
seunpayne:

Being poor and poverty are quite different. I stand by what I said. The poor find love too.
Everyone find love, but with what I've observed u can't put away influence of money on most ladies nowadays how many of our ladies will marry someone of lower income has compare to them, how many. Most of us end up finding love within our 'class' only few cross such boundary. Being poor and state of poverty ,what's d difference semantics
Re: 3 Not So Romantic Moves In Nigeria by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 10:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
seunpayne: 3 Not so romantic moves in Nigeria
I recently saw a movie where the protagonist was given one week to prove his undying love for the love of his life. Some of the things he tried were drop dead romantic and some where...well...not that much. I started thinking what would it be like if a guy in Nigeria was faced with this challenge?

Sorry sha, I'm not about to give you seven romantic ideas to prove undying love but I can give you 3 romantic ideas that have the opposite effect.

This is no form of generalisation. I know not everyone is the same so this isn't valid for every woman you might meet but at least you would know enough not to try them anyhow.

1. FLOWERS: I still don't even get this one but there is that smile that comes to the face of a woman when a guy shows up at her door with a bouquet of flowers or even a single rose...at least in the movies anyway. Now I'm not really sure why but it doesn't seem to elicit the same reaction over here. Maybe it's the wrong type of red rose. Maybe we don't have the right glands to find it appealing or maybe you simply would be considered thrifty...The point is over here flowers are just what they are: flowers. They belong in a garden and that's where she wants to see them; not in your hands.

2. ROSE PETALS, RED SHEETS, SCENTED CANDLES: This one should have been romantic but thanks to nollywood you can kiss it goodbye. Imagine getting to a girl's house and finding an open door with rose petals on the floor leading to a semi dark area just around the corner. Once in the first thing you notice is her lying down on a bed with red sheets surrounded by scented candles...well?
I asked a few people and one word kept coming up and I think you have the word in your head by now: RITUALS. Some guys might argue that they won't be bothered and maybe they won't but I just think if you don't want her running back and screaming "he wants to use me for blood money", I suggest you on your gen.

3. THE NIGHT DRIVE:
So those Americans down south grab a truck full of Beer, drive to the country side and park in a nice remote spot with a good view of either the moon or the town...sometimes both and they have a good time. Oya wake up. Try that rubbish here and you will be lucky not to fall into police hands. If that wasn't deterrent enough, which kind mumu country side wey get remote spot no go be armed robber hideout? There might be a few exceptions but the general rule...especially with the current security challenges we face is not to be in funny places in the day talk more of in the night. Besides if the girl has any sense at all...she no go gree follow you.

Which others come to your mind?
lol. That is how it works there. Here is the naija equivalent
1) blackberry.
Appear at the doorstep of the babe with the latest blackberry and you don turn knight in shinning armor. Strictly blackberry. No waste your money on LG G3, HTC ONE OR XPERIA Z2. To them,blackberry is life

2)Condoms,nepa and white bedsheet.
Wetin concern naija guy with rose petals?
Put gold circle from door to room,make sure light dey on and dey lie naked with white bed sheet. The message go enter inbox sharpaly

3) night drive and dash the car out.
No naija babe go follow you to go dey look moon. You drive her around,drop her at her house and give her the car keys saying 'it is all yours baby'. Na marathon sex you go get that night
Re: 3 Not So Romantic Moves In Nigeria by Nkem88(f): 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2014
This will only work in Nigeria the year Mikel Obi wins Ballon d'Or.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Keep An Eye On Your Partner And Keep Safe / Did I Do Anything Bad? / You Love Nigerian Girls In North America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.