Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? (12073 Views)

Is Eden Hazard Of Chelsea, Overated Or Under Rated? / Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans / Caption This Picture Of Ivorian Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by publicenemy(m): 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
femi4: It has nothing to do with money, we stopped producing world class players. Our players failed to command regular shirts at their clubs

We hardly get nominations for APOTY

you dont need world class players to wn the nations cup or to go far n the world cup as s evdent in the ivory coast case,all you need s team work.and thats why egypt,algera and ghana has been a force to reckon with.and we just joined that league.
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by sean079: 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
only fin mou is doing is dat he motivates dos guy for achievemt so dey are rearing to go unto d pitch n die just to accomplished grt fins
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by Samunique(m): 2:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
Adetayo100: They are simply overrated abeg

5 nations cup attempt - No win
3 world cup attempt - first round exit in all
Thought they were unlucky with their previous draws in the world cup group stages but what about the 2014 edition?
Hmm!
Another good point.
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by tuffgongjo(m): 3:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
publicenemy:

i didnt say we failed in 1994 world cup what meant is that after that set of Nigerian players we havent achieved anything on the senior level with subsequent star players.and i thnk its becos then football wasnt as publicised as it is today and not much money was being payed compared to today so their head was cool then compared to now.
.u may have a point but don't forget they were not that cool headed or have u forgotten the Infamous SE mafias?Siasia,Da bull etc?
But they were better than this generation no doubt$commited.
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by tuffgongjo(m): 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
sean079: only fin mou is doing is dat he motivates dos guy for achievemt so dey are rearing to go unto d pitch n die just to accomplished grt fins
.I don't agree,mou is Tactically good,he can pull a Master stroke anytime.his track record has proven that.
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by publicenemy(m): 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
femi4: Not with the same generation of players

Nig won the olympic in between
Nations cup 94
And got to the world cup second round back to back

We didnt wn the 94 nations cup and olympics wth the same players.we had some young players from the tunsia 94 squad and 3 over aged players from the squad too and the other players were absolutly new...the likes of

Celestine Babayaro
Joseph Dosu
Mobi Opkaraku
Taribo west
Tijani babangida
Pius ikedia
kanu nwankwo
Teslim fatusi
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by tuffgongjo(m): 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
publicenemy:

you dont need world class players to wn the nations cup or to go far n the world cup as s evdent in the ivory coast case,all you need s team work.and thats why egypt,algera and ghana has been a force to reckon with.and we just joined that league.
.even Barca aren't dominated by World class players when they ruled d world.
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by tuffgongjo(m): 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
hensben: english players are overrated, most of them are average
.below average
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by femi4: 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
publicenemy:

We didnt wn the 94 nations cup and olympics wth the same players.we had some young players from the tunsia 94 squad and 3 over aged players from the squad too and the other players were absolutly new...the likes of

Celestine Babayaro
Joseph Dosu
Mobi Opkaraku
Taribo west
Tijani babangida
Pius ikedia
kanu nwankwo
Teslim fatusi
Why don't you balance it with the 94 set that were part of the squad

Okocha
Ikpeba
Amokachi
Amunike
Sunday Oliseh
Uche Okechukwu

They are key members of the team
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by publicenemy(m): 3:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
tuffgongjo: .Tunisia 94.

Exactly when barca ruled the world they ddnt have world class players,becos before guadiola came the bg names in barca were the like of ronaldinho,guily,eto,deco,larson and so on but when guardiola came he sold them all off and brought in the likes of
iniesta,
xAvi,
messi,
bousquet,
alves,
pique,
pedro,
these players were unknown before he came and they were fring players under frank rijkard.
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by publicenemy(m): 3:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
femi4: Why don't you balance it with the 94 set that were part of the squad

Okocha
Ikpeba
Amokachi
Amunike

Ofcourse they were.
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by tuffgongjo(m): 3:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
publicenemy:

Exactly when barca ruled the world they ddnt have world class players,becos before guadiola came the bg names in barca were the like of ronaldinho,guily,eto,deco,larson and so on but when guardiola came he sold them all off and brought in the likes of
iniesta,
xAvi,
messi,
bousquet,
alves,
pique,
pedro,
these players were unknown before he came and they were fring players under frank rijkard.
.Yeah Keita,Valdez,sanchez,mascherano,are average even puyol @ his best wasn't elegant.
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by Evasmillingguy(m): 3:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
[size=50pt]Can someone please tell me why the op's question should be my problem?[/size]
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by tuffgongjo(m): 3:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
femi4: Why don't you balance it with the 94 set that were part of the squad

Okocha
Ikpeba
Amokachi
Amunike

.Olympics is an Under 23 tournament$not a senior tournament.
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by pat077: 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2014
they're good individually, but overrate as a team.
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by sean079: 3:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
tuffgongjo: .I don't agree,mou is Tactically good,he can pull a Master stroke anytime.his track record has proven that.

ask lampard, cr7, drogba, Eto, oZil,deco,terry n ashley cole, all dis player will tell u just one fin mou motivate dem to give deir All. tactics dont win impt game but willingness of d player to take d game by any means. imagine som1 used unknwn players to win cl beating highly tactical coaches lyk saf n lyks
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by femi4: 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
tuffgongjo: .Olympics is an Under 23 tournament$not a senior tournament.
I thought we are talking about a generation of players

How can we talk about 94 generation and omit their exploit at 96 olympics
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by femi4: 3:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
publicenemy:

No team has won the World cup without world class players.
Hardwork is not enough, it is not called world cup for nothing. Its the cup for the big boyz
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by tuffgongjo(m): 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
femi4: I thought we are talking about a generation of players

How can we talk about 94 generation and omit their exploit at 96 olympics
.and how many of afcon team members were @ d Olympics?
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by femi4: 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
tuffgongjo: .and how many of afcon team members were @ d Olympics?
Go back and read the previous post
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by tuffgongjo(m): 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
sean079:

ask lampard, cr7, drogba, Eto, oZil,deco,terry n ashley cole, all dis player will tell u just one fin mou motivate dem to give deir All. tactics dont win impt game but willingness of d player to take d game by any means. imagine som1 used unknwn players to win cl beating highly tactical coaches lyk saf n lyks
.when Mou defeated SAF with Porto what happened,only Motivation?when he white washed Monaco d favorite,Motivation?when an aging Inter defeated barca$munich en route to d ucl,still motivation?when he outsmarted pellegrini last season,Motivation?the game against Valencia when he needed a goal in d last minute and he switched Essien to right back to accommodate another striker is what?
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by obayaya(m): 3:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
Downtoearth: Like the Super Eagles,they need a sound technical tactician.

That's not true. Sabri Lamouchi is a decent tactician.

The truth is the Ivorian team is suffering from the big man disease. There's no commitment in that team especially from the so called big boys.

Yaya's performances with the Ivorian team is mediocre at best when compared to his club form. Drogba is old and a shadow of his old sef. Kalou sees the Ivorian team as a place to advertise his skills. Tiote becomes a complete opposite of the metal anvil he is for Newcastle. I can go on and on and on.
In this world cup, the outstanding Ivorian players are the less heralded Aurier, Zokora and Gervinho to an extent.

For me the Ivorian team is so overrated just like the English team
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by sean079: 3:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by cheguevera: 3:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
YAYA TOURE THAT ACTS AS THOUGH THE WORLD REVOLVES ROUND HIS PENI.S. MAYBE THE IVORY COAST DID NOT GIVE HIM A BIRTHDAY CAKE
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by DozieInc(m): 3:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
simply unserious n unprepared
i don open new nland acc. d former one disappear for nland tsunami
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997:
t.swags:

pls has any one here ever bought a domain
name 4rm lagoshost.com, I need his hlp
i placed an order on 3/7/2014 but have not paid yet! Domain registration and hosting...

Pls anytin u do stay away from Lagoshost, Lagoshost? If u see them my guy turn bk and follow apiam way, those people go frustrate ur career, they killed me in 2010 and till nw I never recover fully while my guy Naijaloaded .com has been growing stronger and stronger and lagoshost killed mine with frequest offlines and downtimes till I lost interest in managing the site.

I don't regret much tho, I used the experience to be a top pro web and app developer and good network analyst.

But stay away from them, if u wan try mark it somewia nw, u go cry find anoda host and domain provider in few months time.

1 Like

Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by emmasege: 4:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
They were first unlucky (2006_2010) @ 3 successful nations cup, but afterwards overrated (2012_2014). Nigeria wouldn't have paraded an array of stars for this long with nothing to show for it. So shameful! A golden generation whose forbidden fruit was "Gold"
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
Normality:

Pls anytin u do stay away from Lagoshost, Lagoshost? If u see them my guy turn bk and follow apiam way, those people go frustrate ur career, they killed me in 2010 and till nw I never recover fully while my guy Naijaloaded .com has been growing stronger and stronger and lagoshost killed mine with frequest offlines and downtimes till I lost interest in managing the site.

I don't regret much tho, I used the experience to be a top pro web and app developer and good network analyst.

But stay away from them, if u wan try mark it somewia nw, u go cry find anoda host and domain provider in few months time.
thanks bro, but pls which webhosting companies would you suggest? #waiting
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by Giannakopoulos(f): 5:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
Sabri Lamouchi screwed this team & left,God will reward him
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: thanks bro, but pls which webhosting companies would you suggest? #waiting

I don't really know sha, bt if u have the means, find reliable foreign hosts, never do anytin with Nigerian hosts, register domain with Godaddy or namecheap.

For me, I use VPS cloudserve, digitalocean.com, fairly reliable and allows u to do anytin and anyhw with ur server, just learn linux shell scripts, like how to switch off/on ur server with command lines, load files from git and restart server, load PHP, mysql and apache files and the rest can be picked up as time goes. It is very easy sef and u always have reliable backup of ur site even if thunda scatter all d servers dey have. $5 a month. I don't even touch ordinary hosts with a barge pole when I can host with a cloudserver that is cheap and gives me access to do anytin like host my mobile apps and they work in real time.
Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
Giannakopoulos: Sabri Lamouchi screwed this team & left,God will reward him

Lol!!! cheesy wicked!

1 Like

Re: Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? by severee(m): 5:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
grin well its simple they suuuuuuuuuck!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Guts Gbenga Okunowo 's Home In Ibadan / Liverpool Battle Chelsea Over FC Porto’s Alex Telles / Emmanuel Emenike May Be Jailed For 3 Years For Faking Injury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.