Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,030 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - (38241 Views)

When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable / How To Become Emotionally Strong / Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ideology(m): 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
ujsizzle:
Off topic.
What do you have to do to kill a man's hope?
Babe, be like you wanna use it aa weapons.
Hmmm it can back fire, men are smarter than most people think, just that men just love you women, so the accept to pay the price.

If all men wanna be bad guys, this world will not be good for ladies to inhabit.

1 Like

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ideology(m): 6:43pm On Jul 07, 2014
Oahray: a man would like to answer a woman's question, but a man would be unfair to a certain other (probably good) man grin
Lol, you are funny. You should do a soap or movie with saka
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ihedinobi2: 6:43pm On Jul 07, 2014
Just don't return his calls. Don't answer his messages as often as he sends them. Don't take him into your confidence. Also endeavor to make excuses to escape being his own confidante when he starts talking. Refuse to hang out, find excuses as often as you can manage. Reject and return his gifts.

If he doesn't get the message, you might need a restraining order against him to drive it home.
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ideology(m): 6:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
ihedinobi2: Just don't return his calls. Don't answer his messages as often as he sends them. Don't take him into your confidence and make excuses to escape being his own confidante when he starts talking. Refuse to hang out, find excuses as often as you can manage. Reject and return his gifts.

If he doesn't get the message, you might need a restraining order against him to drive it home.
Good one, but when They start reaping what they sow,
You will see it on front page
"Men are wicked "
"Men are heartless"
In fact "ALL MEN ARE THE SAME "

I'll not hesitate to laugh, because am a man, and i know what's wrong with our relationships, but Ladies have refused to learn
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Oahray: 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
ihedinobi2: Just don't return his calls. Don't answer his messages as often as he sends them. Don't take him into your confidence and make excuses to escape being his own confidante when he starts talking. Refuse to hang out, find excuses as often as you can manage. Reject and return his gifts.

A man gives the 'gift' when it ought not be given. A man breaks the rule and a man must pay!
*draws flaming valyrian steel longsword* undecided
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ihedinobi2: 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
Once a man has made his offer and been rejected, he really has no business sticking around any longer. That is not to say that women aren't worth the wait but the longer you wait the more you emasculate yourself. Nobody is immune to that. Whether physical symptoms come into play or not, it is unhealthy to stick around after you have been rejected.

I am one of those maybe weirdos who don't believe that marriage or relationship is the end. It's a means to an end, so if someone is unwilling to walk with you toward the end you desire, it is a waste of your life and passion and theirs too to stick around with them. For your health, for the health of the point of your existence, for their own health, let them go and move on.

I don't imagine it is easy. I have never found moving on easy. I broke up once and spent two years pining for the girl and hating her for leaving. I was a green kid back then though. But I eventually did move on. And even when I wasn't moving on I didn't move back.

There is a reason we're each here. That reason is what should govern our actions and forbearances. If you have things to do and someone you care about isn't planning on helping you get them done, why screw yourself up waiting? You leave things undone and in the end they may still never take on life with you. Romance is awesome in movies but you see, sunsets don't last forever. Mornings and chores and all that serious stuff wait at the end and if you sit pining, nothing gets done. Your life is sublimely wasted.

1 Like

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ihedinobi2: 7:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
Oahray: A man gives the 'gift' when it ought not be given. A man breaks the rule and a man must pay!
Lol. Chill, bro. I don't think it does a guy any good to live in a fool's paradise. The sooner he realizes he's been rejected the better for him.
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ideology(m): 7:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
Oahray: A man gives the 'gift' when it ought not be given. A man breaks the rule and a man must pay!

I get your point, men slow down and watch who you wanna give ur gifts to.

But If he does that, he can risk being with the one he truly loves.
And if he doesn't show his emotions, then the lady will conclude, he's not interested in me.
#That s analysis for another day.
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ideology(m): 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
ihedinobi2: Once a man has made his offer and been rejected, he really has no business sticking around any longer. That is not to say that women aren't worth the wait but the longer you wait the more you emasculate yourself. Nobody is immune to that. Whether physical symptoms come into play or not, it is unhealthy to stick around after you have been rejected.

I am one of those maybe weirdos who don't believe that marriage or relationship is the end. It's a means to an end, so if someone is unwilling to walk with you toward the end you desire, it is a waste of your life and passion and theirs too to stick around with them. For your health, for the health of the point of your existence, for their own health, let them go and move on.

I don't imagine it is easy. I have never found moving on easy. I broke up once and spent two years pining for the girl and hating her for leaving. I was a green kid back then though. But I eventually did move on. And even when I wasn't moving on I didn't move back.

There is a reason we're each here. That reason is what should govern our actions and forbearances. If you have things to do and someone you care about isn't planning on helping you get them done, why screw yourself up waiting? You leave things undone and in the end they may still never take on life with you. Romance is awesome in movies but you see, sunsets don't last forever. Mornings and chores and all that serious stuff wait at the end and if you sit pining, nothing gets done. Your life is sublimely wasted.

Nice one, i hope ujsizzie will see this.
But I can wait for a month, its not bad.
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ihedinobi2: 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
ideology:
Good one, but when They start reaping what they sow,
You will see it on front page
"Men are wicked "
"Men are heartless"
In fact "ALL MEN ARE THE SAME "

I'll not hesitate to laugh, because am a man, and i know what's wrong with our relationships, but Ladies have refused to learn
I sometimes blame Hollywood for messing up relationship. But sometimes I think it is our ungoverned imagination that's really the culprit.

Women of our age have been taught to think that they are the chief goal of a man's life and men have been taught to chase women as if that is all life is about. There's more to life than romance. And women exist for more than the pleasant feelings they stir in a man.

So I am advocating learning to take this whole hormone drive down a few notches. Love your woman with abandon. But learn to let her go when she wants to. Love no be by force. She's not some trophy you must win and hang up somewhere. She's a person with the ability to make choices.

If she comes back to yarn dust, do yimu and watch your side.
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Oahray: 7:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
ihedinobi2: Once a man has made his offer and been rejected, he really has no business sticking around any longer. That is not to say that women aren't worth the wait but the longer you wait the more you emasculate yourself. Nobody is immune to that. Whether physical symptoms come into play or not, it is unhealthy to stick around after you have been rejected.

that part in boldface... Your next bottle of e-beer is on me cool

There's too much emphasis on relationship and marriage status, and less on what one achieves in them. I find wedding-obsessed girls annoying.

1 Like

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ideology(m): 7:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
ihedinobi2:
I sometimes blame Hollywood for messing up relationship. But sometimes I think it is our ungoverned imagination that's really the culprit.

Women of our age have been taught to think that they are the chief goal of a man's life and men have been taught to chase women as if that is all life is about. There's more to life than romance. And women exist for more than the pleasant feelings they stir in a man.

So I am advocating learning to take this whole hormone drive down a few notches. Love your woman with abandon. But learn to let her go when she wants to. Love no be by force. She's not some trophy you must win and hang up somewhere. She's a person with the ability to make choices.

Not only Hollywood, even bollywood and some novels. Lol
Believe it also that, there's something in a man's life that can only be fixed by a woman, its not emotions, children etc. Even God said its not good for man to be alone. Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ihedinobi2: 7:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
ideology:

Nice one, i hope ujsizzie will see this.
But I can wait for a month, its not bad.
Dude I've done way longer than one month myself. I am not prescribing duration. One thing I'm certain of is that once you lay your cards on the table and lose the hand, get up and walk or you might as well take a knife with your own hand to your, er, jewels smiley

1 Like

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ihedinobi2: 7:17pm On Jul 07, 2014
Oahray: that part in boldface... Your next bottle of e-beer is on me cool

There's too much emphasis on relationship and marriage status, and less on what one achieves in them. I find wedding-obsessed girls annoying.
E-beer cheesy cool

1 Like

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ideology(m): 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
Oahray: that part in boldface... Your next bottle of e-beer is on me cool

Lol, these days marriage is an achievement to some ladies, especially when their friends are getting married.

Some start acting as though, their life long problems have been solved. #Too much insecurity
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ihedinobi2: 7:22pm On Jul 07, 2014
ideology:
Not only Hollywood, even bollywood and some novels. Lol
Believe it also that, there's something in a man's life that can only be fixed by a woman, its not emotions, children etc. Even God said its not good for man to be alone. Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

"Help meet for him". Also "help suited to him".

He that findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtaineth favor from the Lord. Marriage is beautiful. And if you marry right, you will explode in productivity. Still, sticking to someone who has said no is only going to make you less and less of a man for her. You will steadily lose your ability to lead her because your need for her grows so powerfully. Need soon translates to neediness and before you know it, you're doing whatever she likes in the hopes that she'll say yes. In time, you forget who you are and then you can hardly be her leader.
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ideology(m): 7:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
ihedinobi2:
Dude I've done way longer than one month myself. I am not prescribing duration. One thing I'm certain of is that once you lay your cards on the table and lose the hand, get up and walk or you might as well take a knife with your own hand to your, er, jewels smiley

Definitely, walking away may be the end option, lool
But In situations where it takes 2years to recover, hmmmm, its not bad if you... lool
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ideology(m): 7:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
ihedinobi2:

"Help meet for him". Also "help suited to him".

He that findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtaineth favor from the Lord. Marriage is beautiful. And if you marry right, you will explode in productivity. Still, sticking to someone who has said no is only going to make you less and less of a man for her. You will steadily lose your ability to lead her because your need for her grows so powerfully. Need soon translates to neediness and before you know it, you're doing whatever she likes in the hopes that she'll say yes. In time, you forget who you are and then you can hardly be her leader.

Yea, that's the mistake most men do, but One must not do just anything so as to be loved, else when you stop see headlines of newspapers
"My man has changed"
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ihedinobi2: 7:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
ideology:

Yea, that's the mistake most men do, but One must not do just anything so as to be loved, else when you stop see headlines of newspapers
"My man has changed"
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
Decryptor:

We are not begging for it. It is left for sensitive and mature women to see it in us and have a peaceful and enduring relationship/marriage or a feminist kill-joy woman like you to ignore it and see it as whining whereby letting your man slip off your hands into the hands of another woman who i initially described and leave you to do the real whining about how men are cheats and players.
Exactly!
My initial post shoots at your kind!
You my friend wants to be carried about on a feminine back.......
You desire to sleep and wake with your permanent dentition glued to a woman's nipples.........
You crave for succour in every minor obstacle you stumble across.......
You yell "I'm the man!" But your genital bury itself between your thighs....#how pathetic!
What's keeping you from running to meet mummy who would bath you with breastmilk...
You my friend, are so insecure and vulnerable!
You want a woman who would pamper you as you both shed tears,right?
COME I'LL MAKE YOU AN EUNUCH!
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by willorie(f): 8:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
ahnie: too lengthy.

that is ahnie, I tire for the tale
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by UjSizzle(f): 9:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
ideology:
Babe, be like you wanna use it aa weapons.
Hmmm it can back fire, men are smarter than most people think, just that men just love you women, so the accept to pay the price.

If all men wanna be bad guys, this world will not be good for ladies to inhabit.
lol weapon ke? grin
A woman's just curious, certainly not looking forward to hurting anybody as long as I have an option.
I just don't get why a man would want to stick around after a woman has said No repeatedly. Where is the hope coming from, and how does one crush it after using up all options in the 'Feminine guide to crushing men's hope' book? undecided
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ideology(m): 9:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
ujsizzle:
lol weapon ke? grin
A woman's just curious, certainly not looking forward to hurting anybody as long as I have an option.
I just don't get why a man would want to stick around after a woman has said No repeatedly. Where is the hope coming from, and how does one crush it after using up all options in the 'Feminine guide to crushing men's hope' book? undecided
The writer s view was not about saying no, rather its a case where the lady is yet to respond or not reciprocating or not being appreciated.
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by daveP(m): 2:27am On Jul 08, 2014
I jst eye-scanned it.quite communicative! Hmm
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by UjSizzle(f): 7:30am On Jul 08, 2014
ideology:
The writer s view was not about saying no, rather its a case where the lady is yet to respond or not reciprocating or not being appreciated.
I
I did say my question was off topic undecided
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 08, 2014
ihedinobi2:
I sometimes blame Hollywood for messing up relationship.
grin grin those bastards have done more harm than good in that vertical.
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ideology(m): 9:48am On Jul 08, 2014
ujsizzle: I
I did say my question was off topic undecided
No real man will hang around any lady when she says no, except lust.
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ihedinobi2: 10:13am On Jul 08, 2014
ihedinobi2:

@bold. I reread this part and realized it sounded like not giving the lady a second chance. That's not what I meant o. I was actually referring to the coming on Nland and other forums to complain about men and how they are this and that.

Romance is not war. It has so many faces and nuances. Some things are not clear until after you've done them and sometimes not even then. So there should be large room made for forgiveness and second chances but until you are actually married there should be limits to the number of chances you give.

1 Like

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Oahray: 11:39am On Jul 08, 2014
ujsizzle:
lol weapon ke? grin
Isn't it that book written by an author with 69 men impatiently breathing down her neck? grin
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by UjSizzle(f): 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
Oahray: Isn't it that book written by an author with 69 men impatiently breathing down her neck? grin
grin grin
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 08, 2014
So people could not read and digest this interesting piece? Wow!! This piece is delving into how the mind of men works when they are emotionally involved with ladies. Ladies would do well to read and learn from it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Mother In U.S Navy And Her Son Reunite After 7 Months In Sea (Photos) / Is This Chemistry Or Is It Bound To Happen In Marriage/relationship? / Amazing Moment Nigerian Lady Is Reunited With Her Kids & Hubby In UK (pics/vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.