Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) (36145 Views)

About To Fly To North Cyprus / North Cyprus / The Bitter-truth As An International Student In The Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by tbaby534(f): 9:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
sarzy:

At your school or in any other sch within Cyprus, have you come across any physically challenged student, I mean using a wheelchair?

Well I've not seen, but there should be.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 17, 2016
tbaby534:

Well I've not seen, but there should be.
But how accessible are the buildings, classrooms and hostel for such a person?
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by tbaby534(f): 5:19pm On Jun 17, 2016
sarzy:

But how accessible are the buildings, classrooms and hostel for such a person?

Well there are bus stations, so it depends on where you get an apartment and if your faculty is close to the bus stations. As for me, I do a lot of walking.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 17, 2016
tbaby534:

Well there are bus stations, so it depends on where you get an apartment and if your faculty is close to the bus stations. As for me, I do a lot of walking.

Can I PM you?
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by tbaby534(f): 9:25am On Jun 18, 2016
sarzy:

Can I PM you?

Yes, you can.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 19, 2016
tbaby534:

Yes, you can.
Done
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Innocey(m): 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2016
House help please.
Neu bursary is demanding $100 for my transcript to be forwarded to a uni in Germany and I think that's tomuch for a single transcript to be forwarded to another school.
I already did two annuals here and I want to transfer to another country, Is that amount not tomuch for the procedure?

p.s North Cyprus is good state and a student with well to do sponsor/sponsors you're good to come over.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by omokoladele(m): 7:17pm On Sep 29, 2016
Nicosia Hearing alot about them that is making me scared of coming over
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by SlimHan(f): 12:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
I wished the op will come back and continue with his gist........This is encouraging

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Gfeuxay: 3:15pm On Jul 12, 2017
Innocey:
House help please.
Neu bursary is demanding $100 for my transcript to be forwarded to a uni in Germany and I think that's tomuch for a single transcript to be forwarded to another school.
I already did two annuals here and I want to transfer to another country, Is that amount not tomuch for the procedure?

p.s North Cyprus is good state and a student with well to do sponsor/sponsors you're good to come over.
Hello, please can i PM you?
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by lillaowow(m): 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2018
mctolspell:
THE TRUTH

As much as people come here to read this little piece, with the commendation I get and the heads up, this whole diary haunts me every day of my life since my last post. Yes, I am a very private person, I keep my affairs very private, I'm struggling to open up to anybody around me,I don't have a confidant or someone I tell everything, not because I don't want to but it is difficult for me. I'[m not an introvert, in fact I am a talkative and throw bants alot but no matter how much I talk, there's a big boundary between my private life and normal everyday gist. I know you will be thinking I should see a shrink, well I am considering that when we start "building pyramids with caterpillars not with niggas" this time around smiley.
Why did I say this whole diary haunts me? As a result of some factors, my face became 'faceful' and no more faceless for me on this forum because some peeps could relate to my story as I write it here and some figured who I am, some made reference to it.
Of course, some commended me for a job well done, and they would love to read more, that is sure a very good source of motivation for every normal person but if you read the first paragraph you will discover that it is a huge problem for me, tell me I am not normal, I know too. I just prefer Forbes to Hollywood.
Now, why am I back here? If I decide not to write here again, nothing will happen to me, and those that are inspired will get inspiration somewhere, infact they will be a source of inspiration to people somewhere, someday but guess what, I will end being the greatest loser. I love writing, I want to write more, I want o write what is in my head down every seconds and hopes it makes sense and when those shitty writings helps people in their everyday life or pursuit, I will be the happiest person on not just planet earth but on the whole planet of the world.
I went for a rehearsals today and I was having a random discussion with a young lady in my group, suddenly she changed the topic of discussion, she told me she notice I visit nairaland very often (shhhh! don't tell anyone, I am addicted to nairaland, even in the church, toilet, class, trust me I'm always here before going to bed, it works as a good sedative for me as well,unfortunately, the front page is getting messier by the day).
Okay back to the young lady, I told her Yes, I do.... She showed me her phone and she was on Nairaland as well while we are chatting. Then I asked her the section she visits most, she said mostly on front page and the travel section too, then I asked her what is she doing in travel section? (I shouldn't have asked) She said and I quote " I just love reading about experiences on travel, there is even a guy on this Island sharing his story on the Island, I don't even know why he stopped" I was shocked, I tried to curtail it and told probably the person is busy, but probably because I was proud of that little diary that has been haunting me, I had to tell her I was actually the one, I denied almost immediately again (that faceless factor), she was confused and decided to argue that I am not the one; we eventually resolve on a bet for lunch if I am the one or not, I proved it to her and she is owing me a Lunch smiley. Yaaaay!!! At least the diary is coming with gains lol ...
More so, I added few people on my BBM list that I met on this forum, we barely chat and sometimes I don't reply his message after a long period of time but whenever he chats with me, he charges me and encourages me to come back on the thread, I think his moniker here is "Dreamcome2ru" not sure about that though.
My plan is to come back here Summer and write a very long comprehensive piece and maybe just deactivate my account and run away for life but that encounter I had with that young lady and the pressure I get from the bro I met here is making me take that bold step of coming back here to make sure I update this thread as much as I can.
However, I will prefer not to go into personal details a lot for now, at least y'all should wait for me to see that shrink wink, but I would love to entertain questions, from anybody and from any area of life, I will be glad to give the truest and concise answer. I will update this thread as often as I can, I am sorry for not coming on here for a long time and I am not indispensable, I was only busy with internal battles and sincerely I was busy with school too but that is not an excuse.
Hope y'all having a great weekend. cheers!

I hope you come back and update the thread with your experience

Cheers
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2018
is the op in nigeria now
?

whats the cheapest uni tution fees like una weh deh there?
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by lillaowow(m): 6:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mctolspell, I hope you can come back and share more experiences.

Cheers bro
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by eldest(m): 9:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
Guys, applications are currently open for applications in North Cyprus.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by eldest(m): 9:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
lillaowow:
Mctolspell, I hope you can come back and share more experiences.

Cheers bro
What do you want to know
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Sykes101: 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
You've done well for yourself. smiley
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by eldest(m): 8:33pm On Jun 26, 2020
How
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by OlakunmiSMELTD: 7:06am On Jun 27, 2020
It is mandatory to do Medical test in north Cyprus or you can do in general hospital here in Nigeria
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by lillaowow(m): 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2020
eldest:
What do you want to know

I'm just saying his general experiences. His daily tasks and all that. I enjoyed his stories.

I hope wherever he is, life is treating him well.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by eldest(m): 5:28am On Jun 29, 2020
Yes I hope so
This is 6 years he created this post. He must have been done with undergraduate and mastes
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by eldest(m): 8:51pm On Jun 30, 2020
Its really funny
As I go through the op post, all he said is the same thing I am experiencing in this North Cyprus. Nothing have changed, maybe things doesn't change in this country. I can't stop laughing
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Dharryedu: 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2020
The Turkish Republic of North Cyprus government is providing a shopping purchase discount and 500 TL debit card to every new student starting from September 2020/2021 Academic session. You are also eligible for 70% scholarship as well. This amazing double offer is available to Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students and in all our partner Universities in Cyprus: Cyprus International University, Near East University and Eastern Mediterranean University
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Mahmuday123: 10:16pm On Sep 30, 2020
Dharryedu:
The Turkish Republic of North Cyprus government is providing a shopping purchase discount and 500 TL debit card to every new student starting from September 2020/2021 Academic session. You are also eligible for 70% scholarship as well. This amazing double offer is available to Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students and in all our partner Universities in Cyprus: Cyprus International University, Near East University and Eastern Mediterranean University
please for those of you in north Cyprus do you think 800TL will sustain a student per month in north Cyprus
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by adigun98(m): 11:43pm On Jun 16, 2021
Please is it possible for someone to transfer to another country from north Cyprus

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) / Beautiful Photos From Abia State / Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.