Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,721 members, 7,824,050 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) (36221 Views)

About To Fly To North Cyprus / North Cyprus / The Bitter-truth As An International Student In The Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by junior712(m): 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
I'm still waiting
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 03, 2014
Drea1:

Uhmm , I never knew u'r such a good writer bro ...

I got you bro, sorry I didn't reply earlier I got busy. I sight you Awizu! Bet you are doing good boss! You sure got a lot of stories to tell too...

And erm Jaydave
Ofcourse, My parent's have to send me some money for my survival but if you read carefully, you will discovered that I made some little money to make ends meet though they are minute, also I never state there are no jobs... I bet you didn't read carefully. I will suggest you should read it well...Any question afterwards will be gladly entertained. Don't worry about tomorrow yet, learn more and hope for a better tomorrow smiley

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2014
Sorry for the late update, I lost motivation again.. Lol .. and erm I got very busy. The summer came and left peacefully with so many things to remember. The intense swimming, outings, festivals here and there and of course the old man's blessing/flexing wink.
It's September, the weather is changing, fans/Air conditioners are no longer needed, those crazy mosquitoes are all going back to their place of abode, tourist are jetting out in numbers out of the Island, things are going the way it will be for 7 month or more. Shops are closing, restaurants are becoming scanty. Tourist are flying out, students are flying in...
Everything is taking a sudden turn around, the seaside is becoming empty and the sea is becoming lonely, even the sun was finding a way to go on a break. Yea! It's winter baby! It's knocking on the door. The sun that sets by 8 20pm before will start setting 4pm, things are changing fast. It's time to go back to the class, for those that are here for that anyways.
I was a little bit happy and the same time worried about the distance I have to walk everyday to class. Why was I happy? I wanted something different, I want to go back to the school community, I don't have to worry about what we are doing today or where will we be going? School is somewhat fun, if you have fun loving peeps around you, at least some class is fun while some is no where near it. The fact that you leaving your home every morning can be fun too.
The registration started, new students starts coming in,your old friends, Turkish and other nationalities that traveled are coming back, everybody looks different, and you that didn't travel will sure look different, either good or bad.. different is different, new dresses on the female peeps. Some of us will sure acquire a big surveillance camera as well as a good network to know and monitor the kind of ladies coming in, of course ladies to devour or marry (whatever verb you want to use there). Some will even team up with agents that are responsible for bringing in this students so as to have the first knowledge as well as the first opportunity, I heard some even rent cars or those that have cars drive to the airport to pick up any random new student. That is whats up, you have to hustle for girls here like you are hustling for money, though it's far from the usual saying that girls are not available. There are, but it sure requires some resources to have them.
It was time to register our courses with your supervisor of course after you got your fees paid or the previous debt cleared, it's a new rector, we were all scared of the new rule or plan he will be coming up with, we already started feeling the hit when my landlord increased my rent, with rumors of lots of student coming in, which will make accommodation a little bit tight, people already started digging out the information of the new rector, the found his resume and trust me, it was scary.For those of us that are not financially buoyant, we already knew it's going to be war.
Normally, we can always find a way to write our exams, and register for new semesters even when you are owing some school fees, I have even heard of situation whereby people owe as much as 10,000 usd dollars school fee, after graduation they may find a way to pay back before collecting the diploma, things were changing gradually, it was becoming strict but this new rector antecedent was indicating to a tough financial discipline, even if we are not owing big, at least he should just let us up keep struggling the way we can to pay the fees. I didn't go for my registration early, waiting for people's story and it wasn't encouraging, people were bounced no matter the amount of begging, applications for registration was declined. I had some outstanding debt for the previous semester, it was few hundreds of dollars but the stories that were coming in was that the new semester has to be paid before registration. Chai! could it be the last stop? Okay what is going to happen.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
smiley
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
I managed to clear up my debt, I walked in to the lady's office, showed her my receipt and she got me cleared, I was relieved, went straight to my supervosor's office.
Another huddle waiting to be cleared, I knew it's never going to be an easy course schedule for me due to my irregular nature, sometimes we spend ours deliberating on the courses I'm to take and how it won't come back biting me in the ass when I'm about to graduate. so many factors in place to b considered which even makes me not to consider the hectic nature of my class schedules. Nobody really likes early morning classes, especially during the winter period which we are slowly getting into, also nobody wants to be involved in class in the morning and another in the afternoon, the distance from my home to the school will be enough a a practice for the next Olympics,It's almost a km round trip, Taxis is another option but no where near good for peeps that are on tight budget.
I got to the bald headed professor, he pronounced my name in a funny way that he usually does, he knows me very well, I give him problem a lot arguing for hours so as to get convenient schedule and less stressful courses, the argument started when he insisted on giving me two different Mathematics in a semester, I initially agreed but I came back objecting vehemently to his suggestion. This time around it wasn't dramatic as it used to be, he asked me if there is no problem or there won't be any problem, I smiled and left his office, the first week in class will judge I said in my mind.
Things was going fast, I could feel the winter, some of the people I know and close with are no longer here, most graduated, new faces here and there, I have difficulties relating to people, I barely have friends, it's a lonely world again, I now live alone, except for few visits by wink, maybe on weekends. Most of my classes is just me myself and I .. others are different nationalities, I have a handful of friends in my department but we barely fall into the same group sometimes not the same class.
My schedule was crazy that semester, about two early morning class, I'm never a early morning riser, not even when I was in Nigeria, sometimes my parent calls me to wake up in the morning even if we are miles away from each other, that is my bad. I ill rather stay awake all night so as to get up early in the morning than sleep in the night because I will sure have problem waking up. Sometimes I fling my phone away, switch it off or keep snoozing the alarm, sometimes I don't even use alarm. I have different schedules of alarm that semester, for the 9 class and for the 10am class...Winter is here already and for people like us that won't use a room heater life was becoming more difficult, you get to enjoy your sleep in the morning as a result of the cold in the night which will never allow you to sleep. Freezing foot, both side of the bed cold, and you will find it difficult to turn, and of course the weather is depressing so you will end spending a large fraction of your 24 hours in bed. How did I cope with the classes? of course lots of late coming, stabbing some classes with a sharp knife, making it for the second hour and much more, you won't blame me, my body is trying to get out of the three month sweet weather to another deep freezing mode. The Midterm exam is getting close! wow! When did we even resume self? have I attend some of this classes more than twice? chai! The devil is a liar

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Pelumiv(m): 10:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
Can't seems to get enough of your story abi na diary ni? Ride on bro. Baba gat ya back.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by pwettyolly(f): 12:27am On Aug 04, 2014
Wow were was I when tgis wonderful work was goung on, op yiu have stated nothing but the truth, even thiugh am a gurl trnc isnt easy although am in magusa, the only difference I noticed is the academic works maybe because we're in different departments sha cause mine as been grt in btw 3.7 &3.9 am not saying you dull we just have diff capability, I myself ran away from a department that has mathematics lols .

But all in all life in the island is wonderful and full if different people and culture, people came with different reasons so just be your self, pray and work hard God is in control

And as for the guy that said 5 jacket is much, although 5 is a bit if exaggeration but I tell you u have worn three before it just a matter of getting used to it below is a pics of mine and I wil remove in 10mins

Op am sry for hijacking you thread o u will get my self out now lols

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Nobody: 2:24am On Aug 04, 2014
Thanks for your contribution pwettyyolly....my gpa is not that bad,I'm keeping up and trust me, I keep surprising myself every semester. However, I place no importance on my gpa, I'm more concerned about what I learn while I plan in taking over the world... Hence my decision in noy changing department when the challenges came in. Good you did and you obviously have no cause to regret! Some people still fail after changing you know? ;-).... Hopefully we will get there someday. You didn't hijacknthe thread, and I missed out on the picture :-( not sure if anybody did... Maybe you should give us another chance ;-)
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by pwettyolly(f): 3:18am On Aug 04, 2014
mctolspell: Thanks for your contribution pwettyyolly....my gpa is not that bad,I'm keeping up and trust me, I keep surprising myself every semester. However, I place no importance on my gpa, I'm more concerned about what I learn while I plan in taking over the world... Hence my decision in noy changing department when the challenges came in. Good you did and you obviously have no cause to regret! Some people still fail after changing you know? ;-).... Hopefully we will get there someday. You didn't hijacknthe thread, and I missed out on the picture :-( not sure if anybody did... Maybe you should give us another chance ;-)

Lols ok sir o I know gpa isnt really the judge but trust me that what mummy will ask for first lols
Ok I wil re upload the pics
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by pwettyolly(f): 3:24am On Aug 04, 2014
Bbjj
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by pwettyolly(f): 3:27am On Aug 04, 2014
Another tnks bye bye see you all later
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Pelumiv(m): 4:39am On Aug 04, 2014
pwettyolly: Another
Thank you for supporting d motion. In another news omo u tap gan. Seems na on a public holiday God create u.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 04, 2014
Pelumiv:
Thank you for supporting d motion. In another news omo u tap gan. Seems na on a public holiday God create u.
hey Boss, be careful oooo!!! Na story we wan read not pictures, make I no hear say yu don send am PM oooo ehn ehn.. Jokes apart, d gal set die!!!.. I'm tripping but .......
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Pelumiv(m): 11:17am On Aug 04, 2014
Soyedele1: hey Boss, be careful oooo!!! Na story we wan read not pictures, make I no hear say yu don send am PM oooo ehn ehn.. Jokes apart, d gal set die!!!.. I'm tripping but .......
No mind me jare boss of life. I know no why I not fit comot ma eyes from God's lovely creation likes dis ma sister. D gal na die.
Senorita pwettyolly, permission to pm you?
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by suxes2005(m): 11:52am On Aug 04, 2014
pwettyolly:

You're pepper in the mouth.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by pwettyolly(f): 12:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
Pelumiv:

Really tnk you I don't know about that o
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by pwettyolly(f): 12:43pm On Aug 04, 2014
Soyedele1: hey Boss, be careful oooo!!! Na story we wan read not pictures, make I no hear say yu don send am PM oooo ehn ehn.. Jokes apart, d gal set die!!!.. I'm tripping but .......

Be careful o I hearvthat area us rocky so dont trip and fall lols just joking tnks too
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by pwettyolly(f): 12:43pm On Aug 04, 2014
Pelumiv:
No mind me jare boss of life. I know no why I not fit comot ma eyes from God's lovely creation likes dis ma sister. D gal na die.
Senorita pwettyolly, permission to pm you?

It a free world
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by pwettyolly(f): 12:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
suxes2005:

You're pepper in the mouth.

No joor my mum said am like honey
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Yungmilio2(m): 12:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
pwettyolly:
I observe
coca cola bottle shape
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Artorius(m): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
mctospell abeg more updates, so that the thread won't be derailed. Nice pics @ pwettylolly wink
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Pelumiv(m): 3:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
pwettyolly:

It a free world
That's what am talking about.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Pelumiv(m): 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2014
Artorius: mctospell abeg more updates, so that the thread won't be derailed. Nice pics @ pwettylolly wink
Why are u beefing ur brother now? Abeg make I do foreign babe now, make me self go international. Lolz
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
Pelumiv:
Why are u beefing ur brother now? Abeg make I do foreign babe now, make me self go international. Lolz

Yu don dey international nah.. So help yu God. Kindly send her a PM and very soon, we go dey look out for ur pre wedding pictures with her.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by ukicom86(m): 9:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
Nice pic gal...mctolspell am still on board jare.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Soldierboy30(m): 11:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
Op,Brothers & Sister's, I Bring You Greetings From Uganda,Guinea,Liberia,Sierra Leone & Lagos Nigeria.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Pelumiv(m): 11:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
Soyedele1:

Yu don dey international nah.. So help yu God. Kindly send her a PM and very soon, we go dey look out for ur pre wedding pictures with her.
Ma boss done finish me ooooooo. Thanks anyway bro. Make ya prayer on us come to past ni oooo.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Lordseyad(m): 1:22am On Aug 05, 2014
Soldierboy30: Op,Brothers & Sister's, I Bring You Greetings From Uganda,Guinea,Liberia,Sierra Leone & Lagos Nigeria.
Hope I no dey among ya brothers and sisters..

@op''''''' peepz dey wait o.

moi Ghost mode re-activated
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Soldierboy30(m): 7:58am On Aug 05, 2014
Lordseyad: Hope I no dey among ya brothers and sisters..

@op''''''' peepz dey wait o.

moi Ghost mode re-activated
Oga u follow o.... Hehehehe
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Artorius(m): 2:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
Pelumiv:
grin grin you be my brother from another mother na, why i go beef you. I no just want make the original topic of the thread be forgotten. Carry go jare, i dey your back
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Pelumiv(m): 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
Artorius:
grin grin you be my brother from another mother na, why i go beef you. I no just want make the original topic of the thread be forgotten. Carry go jare, i dey your back
Wa shere omo iya mi to sure. Wa gbayii.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Beautiful Photos From Abia State / 14-year-old Stowaway Found At Lagos Airport Was Tired Of Nigeria –firm / Sanwo-olu Declares Lekki, Admiralty Toll Plaza Free On Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.