Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) (26390 Views)

The Dining Table - A Poem By Gbanabom Hallowell / LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by hassan85(m): 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
Hmn na wa o... Wat a revelation.. If not for d dream hw could she have ever known this much?.... Weldon Divepen
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
Thanx @ hassan...
More is here
lopeoba
Dedicated to you- Hassan85, and Lopeoba who seems to be reading from the beginning

Chapter 23
'I am not mad',I screamed again from the place I was kept in the compound.
I saw mad people all babbling, and making different gesture. Some of them even got near and tried to make friends with me but i rejected their mad gestures by shouting at them.They were putting on tattered cloth, some were biting themselves. Their hairs were unkempt, their body were having marks here and there-that is from the regular beating we get everyday.
Some who had tried to run away once or more had been tied down, as well as the vicious one. The other day,when one of them wanted to run,she bit the man in charge, and charged for the door. The man shouted in pain,but ran after her despite the pain. About thirty minutes later, I saw him and some men dragging her back into the compound, she was struggling for the door, but the men brought into conpound, and tied her down. We never saw the man again. It was after that, a cruel pastor took over. He was a balded, and has a pointed noise, which makes him look like a rat, especially, as his head is small. I, sometimes, wonder if he offended God while he was being created, that God had to use his two hand to hit his head into his neck, because it looks as if he does not have a neck.
I saw one of them,who was trying to make himself nake.d received lashes of cane from the 'sele' pastor in charge of us.
The man came near, and started flogging me.
'yeh! Please oooo what did i do...leave me now',I said crying with pain all over me,my body have sores;marks of cane was all over my-once-very-fair skin.My veins were showing. I wept in agony.
'Help!!!',I cried out loud, this made the man flogged me more.
'Shut up',he said baring his teeth.
'I will flog you until you become normal'.
I cried silently as I examined my body.
Bimpe,my friend and some other members of my family had tried to help me. My family members lost hope, and could not continue paying hospital bills.I had lost both of my parent in a plane crash , so I could not enjoy the care of a mother.
However, It was Bimpe,whose husband also died last year, that was doing everything for me. She brought me here and paid the people in charge of us.
I remember the day I was brought here, I fought hard, I ,even, tried running despite the fact my hands and legs were tied, but the men were too strong for me,I almost bit one of them;he slapped me hard for that. I was angry at people- they,out of fear,treat mad people like they are not a creature; like a wild animal. I was not a wild animal.
I was angry and could not allow myself to be another scape goat.
'Don't let her run ooo',some women shouted from their home,I saw one of them trying to hold her child, this infruiated me the more, and brought to my remembrance the pain buried deep in my heart.
I was Barren.
Today, I shouted with joy when I saw Bimpe.
'Bimpe!!!',I shouted with joy as I saw her an hour after my ordeal with the Pastor.
Bimpe made sure that she brought food everyday to the place.
I paused as i type this place now,I wiped tears from my face with the hem of my cloth, and wished to get over the urge to cry I have everyday because of Bimpe. Who knows? Maybe I would be in the grave now? She is the motivation of my actions after the demise of my first husband.
I took the end of my cloth and put to my face,then cried for everything. I look for a cloth to clean the drops of tears around my laptop's kepyboard.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by lopeoba(f): 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2014
Divepen: Thanx @ hassan...
More is here
lopeoba
Dedicated to you- Hassan85, and Lopeoba who seems to be reading from the beginning
Chapter 23
'I am not mad',I screamed again from the place I was kept in the compound.
I saw mad people all babbling, and making different gesture. Some of them even got near and tried to make friends with me but i rejected their mad gestures by shouting at them.They were putting on tattered cloth, some were biting themselves. Their hairs were unkempt, their body were having marks here and there-that is from the regular beating we get everyday.
Some who had tried to run away once or more had been tied down, as well as the vicious one. The other day,when one of them wanted to run,she bit the man in charge, and charged for the door. The man shouted in pain,but ran after her despite the pain. About thirty minutes later, I saw him and some men dragging her back into the compound, she was struggling for the door, but the men brought into conpound, and tied her down. We never saw the man again. It was after that, a cruel pastor took over. He was a balded, and has a pointed noise, which makes him look like a rat, especially, as his head is small. I, sometimes, wonder if he offended God while he was being created, that God had to use his two hand to hit his head into his neck, because it looks as if he does not have a neck.
I saw one of them,who was trying to make himself nake.d received lashes of cane from the 'sele' pastor in charge of us.
The man came near, and started flogging me.
'yeh! Please oooo what did i do...leave me now',I said crying with pain all over me,my body have sores;marks of cane was all over my-once-very-fair skin.My veins were showing. I wept in agony.
'Help!!!',I cried out loud, this made the man flogged me more.
'Shut up',he said baring his teeth.
'I will flog you until you become normal'.
I cried silently as I examined my body.
Bimpe,my friend and some other members of my family had tried to help me. My family members lost hope, and could not continue paying hospital bills.I had lost both of my parent in a plane crash , so I could not enjoy the care of a mother.
However, It was Bimpe,whose husband also died last year, that was doing everything for me. She brought me here and paid the people in charge of us.
I remember the day I was brought here, I fought hard, I ,even, tried running despite the fact my hands and legs were tied, but the men were too strong for me,I almost bit one of them;he slapped me hard for that. I was angry at people- they,out of fear,treat mad people like they are not a creature; like a wild animal. I was not a wild animal.
I was angry and could not allow myself to be another scape goat.
'Don't let her run ooo',some women shouted from their home,I saw one of them trying to hold her child, this infruiated me the more, and brought to my remembrance the pain buried deep in my heart.
I was Barren.
Today, I shouted with joy when I saw Bimpe.
'Bimpe!!!',I shouted with joy as I saw her an hour after my ordeal with the Pastor.
Bimpe made sure that she brought food everyday to the place.
I paused as i type this place now,I wiped tears from my face with the hem of my cloth, and wished to get over the urge to cry I have everyday because of Bimpe. Who knows? Maybe I would be in the grave now? She is the motivation of my actions after the demise of my first husband.
I took the end of my cloth and put to my face,then cried for everything. I look for a cloth to clean the drops of tears around my laptop's keyboard.
Wow...I am honoured to have you dedicate this chapter to me. .. Thanks... It is really a masterpiece.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 24, 2014
lopeoba:
Wow...I am honoured to have you dedicate this chapter to me. .. Thanks... It is really a masterpiece.

Thanx ma'am..
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by hassan85(m): 3:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
Thanks 4 the dedication. Thanks for keeping us entertained.... Painful narration indeed. Guess we all ve our story to tell.. Sannu sir
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2014
embarassed sad cry
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 24, 2014
hassan85: Thanks 4 the dedication. Thanks for keeping us entertained.... Painful narration indeed. Guess we all ve our story to tell.. Sannu sir
Yessir...
Nagode..
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 24, 2014
snowprince07: embarassed sad cry
boss u remind me of a day i felt like crying for how one of my character will die
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
Dedicated to snowprince07
Continuation

She brought the food to me, making sure I did not grab her, because I was actually going to grab so that she can listen to my plea.
Bimpe is my old time friend who would do anything for my happiness. I am not sure my Husband had met her before because she had travelled abroad before my wedding ceremony, and just returned recently.I heard she came back home(Nigeria) June,last two years and had not return since then.
She gave birth to a baby boy last year, question had been raised about the baby.I had not been able to ask for the father of the baby, also, because she had not been coming to our house,she had always been postponing the day of her visitation till the day of my husband's death.
After giving me the food,she turned to the celestial church pastor.
'Pastor,Please help my friend's fast recovery. I cannot stand and watch her beauty diminishing everyday'.
'Well... She is not helping by claiming ''she is not mad'''.
'Ehn!!Pastor how will she keep saying her husband,whom we all know is dead, is not dead?' Bimpe asked dejectedly.
'That is the only problem we have here also.'
'I wish she can get alright on time'.
Having calmed my nerves within that one hour,I had been able to think things over. I was able to tell myself the truth.
If I was one serious christain, who knows the church might have sent people to visit me but nobody in the church know me. If I was a muslim maybe clerics would have visited me. If I was the daughter of any of my family member they would have come to visit me. If I was working in an office someone would have come to see. But I have no one, I didnt join any gropu, I have no one but Bimpe, if she leave me also,what will I do.
My husband is truly dead, my mother-in-law killed him with a charm.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 24, 2014
Divepen:
boss u remind me of a day i felt like crying for how one of my character will die
***ar u kidding me hope its not who am thinking
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 24, 2014
Divepen: Dedicated to snowprince07
Continuation

She brought the food to me, making sure I did not grab her, because I was actually going to grab so that she can listen to my plea.
Bimpe is my old time friend who would do anything for my happiness. I am not sure my Husband had met her before because she had travelled abroad before my wedding ceremony, and just returned recently.I heard she came back home(Nigeria) June,last two years and had not return since then.
She gave birth to a baby boy last year, question had been raised about the baby.I had not been able to ask for the father of the baby, also, because she had not been coming to our house,she had always been postponing the day of her visitation till the day of my husband's death.
After giving me the food,she turned to the celestial church pastor.
'Pastor,Please help my friend's fast recovery. I cannot stand and watch her beauty diminishing everyday'.
'Well... She is not helping by claiming ''she is not mad'''.
'Ehn!!Pastor how will she keep saying her husband,whom we all know is dead, is not dead?' Bimpe asked dejectedly.
'That is the only problem we have here also.'
'I wish she can get alright on time'.
Having calmed my nerves within that one hour,I had been able to think things over. I was able to tell myself the truth.
If I was one serious christain, who knows the church might have sent people to visit me but nobody in the church know me. If I was a muslim maybe clerics would have visited me. If I was the daughter of any of my family member they would have come to visit me. If I was working in an office someone would have come to see. But I have no one, I didnt join any gropu, I have no one but Bimpe, if she leave me also,what will I do.
My husband is truly dead, my mother-in-law killed him with a charm.
****tдпкѕ 4d dedication
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2014
snowprince07: ***ar u kidding me hope its not who am thinking
The prolpogue said it all
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2014
snowprince07: ****tдпкѕ 4d dedication
u r welcome
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
Divepen:
The prolpogue said it all
****hmmm embarassed
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 24, 2014
snowprince07: ****hmmm embarassed
i shud upd8 soon if I a plaze to rest my body

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
CONTINUATION
My husband has a baby outside, and does not even know the lady with whom he had the baby. If only I had been able to get those information from him before he left or before I started my madness, it would have reduced my anger.
Then it occurred to me that people believe Pastors from Celestial Church of christ understand the mystery of the spiritual,though many of them use it to make money yet they are not rich.
So I decided to use another way...
'Bimpe,' I said some times after I have collected the food from her,
'Please,help me get away from this place,I am not mad'.
'Can you see that she is getting better',the Pastor said.
'Bimpe, please i am not mad'.
'Are you sure?'
'I am sure'.
'Oya! What did I give you?'.
'Food!'
'What type of food?'
I was angry but i know I must answer every questions to prove that I was not mad.
'this is rice...'
'and?'
'Meat and Plaintain...',I said hurriedly.
'Ehyyyy',Bimpe rushed towards me but the Pastor stopped her, surprising me.
'What type of cloth am I putting on.'
'A white gown'
'What about me',Bimpe asked, her face brightened and voice joyful.
'A brown english gown'.
'Thank you lord!!'She jumped up repeatedly, rushed towards me and hugged me.
I was also happy that I forgot all of my sorrow, at least I will be taken away from this place.
I wept on her shoulders even as she hugged me. She was crying profusely.
And that day I left the church.
As I type this part I noticed tears flowing from my eyes,I need to clean my eyes, so I used my cloth to do that.
I have written the parts that the world need to learn from before, they are all in a file on the computer.
I think I should stop my story here.
No! I still need to tell the part of my second marriage.
I met another guy, Paul.
It was wonderful having Paul as an husband until a time when Paul stopped caring for me- no more gifts, no more joking and playing with me, no hugs,kiss or peck.
'Darling, its time to eat', I told him one day after I had finished cooking his favorite food.
'I am not hungry', he muttered.
'But why?'I asked surprisingly.
'What a foo.lish question,I said I am not hungry',he growled.
' but..but...but....'
'But what? Don't you understand that I cannot eat the food of a barren woman...Don't you see the way other fathers play with their children. I'm not sterile, other women do find a way or the other to find a child for their husband, so find a means of getting a child for me,also', he ranted, ' I am getting tired of being called by my name, i want to be called Daddy 'this', Daddy 'that''.
'But you are my husband,am I God to provide baby for myself?'
'Are you asking me?',he barked,' look for the way other women are doing their it'.
'All I know is I need a baby...Do you want me also to die like your late husband, without a child'.
This last word hit me hard,that I fell on the chair, and cried my eyes out.
I knew i was an introvert,so my few friends do not know what I had been going through.
I visited many Pastors-some of which were fraudsters-,I visited Muslim clerics, I was taken to some herbalists but to no avail. The thought of my situation always make me forget my mother-in-law's hand in the death of my husband.
I spent alot of money, going from one place to another just to have a baby. Whenever, we attend any naming ceremony I always make sure I do my best by helping in doing one thing or the other at the party, because the yorubas believe that it is 'Babies attract other Babies', but to no avail.I gave money to beggars. I wanted to adopt a baby but my husband said,
'I want to have my baby'.
And that took me into thinking.
Thinking became my hobby.
It was in the middle of my husband's everyday anger, that I began to imagine things, strange things.
Then, I saw my husband and I in gardens,enjoying ourselves, then after nine months,I gave birth to a bouncing baby boy. It is always after some minutes, I do come back to my sense, to meet myself holding a pillow or a wrapped cloth to my bosom.
On one of such days.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Dorisbest(f): 1:27am On Aug 25, 2014
attahmfon@gmail.com
thanks for inviting me.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:50am On Aug 25, 2014
Dorisbest: attahmfon@gmail.com
thanks for inviting me.
If you have accepted ..Just say yes..
Here..but pleaze itz still a secret for now
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 6:08am On Aug 25, 2014
Dedicated Audreytimms for winning the winner of the month
and To Tiffanyj..
Ehn may i tag: 5minsmadness--- What if A man sees another world in a state of 5 minutes of madness
CONTINUATION
It was saturday morning, my husband had refuse to wat as usual. I rushed to my husband, shouting at him.
'Why can't you carry my baby when he was crying?'
'Which Baby?'His face squeeze in surprise as he tried to button his shirt.
'My child,Ayo'.
'Woman, you are mad. Which child?'
'Our baby'.
'Do a barren woman have baby'
' I have a child,I have a baby...',I rushed to him beating his chest with my fist.
'I have joy,I have a baby.'
'Shut up! Barren woman,you have no baby',he shouted, pushing me to the chair,' I never knew that you are such fruitless tree, I was always over you, always dying to please you.Not knowing you're a fruitless tree.',he shouted, pointing at me;he was shaking profusely as he said this things.
He opened my sense back to the present. I have no baby.
My husband was forced to take me to a psychratic home, when the behaviour persisted.
His family, also, were on his neck for a child- not just any child,a male child. He was the only child of his parent. His mother always looked and talked to me rudely, that I had no other option that to stop visiting.
When I got to the psychratic home, things changed for me,
I gave birth to a baby everyday in this new psychratic home.
'Hey,Paula!'
'Hey,Doctor!'
'How are you today?'The doctor asked, putting both of his hands in his lab coat.
'I'm fine Doctor, Doctor have you heard?'I would ask, cuddling the hospital's pillow.
' Heard what?'
'Oh! Do you mean you did not read it in the newspapers and hear it in the News casted on radio and television,that I,who divorced my husband last year, and married another one,have given birth to a baby today.'
'Wow!!!',The doctor would exclaimed,' what of the baby you gave birth to yesterday?'
'Did I give birth to a baby yesterday', I said,covering my mouth with my hands in happiness.' No wonder I felt pain when i woke up this morning'.
'I am the mother of many children I said happily.
This was the way the doctor allowed to fool myself everyday.
It took me a long time to regain my senses.
A week to the week I will be discharged, the Doctor entered the room.
'Ah! Paula,why are you crying?'
'Doctor! I am barren'.
'Who told you that', he said surprisingly,' look about you'.
He pointed to the empty spaces on my bed.
'There are your babies'.
'Doctor, stop decieving me', I wept in anguish, as I remembered that the doctor still think I was mad.
'I am not mad doctor or should I say I no more mad. I know what I have being seeing, I heard every one of your conversations with the nurses'.
'I know I am barren... How I wish i could stop myself from being barren. But since I am now barren,I have resorted to my fate...I will leave my husband and I will adopt a child'.
'But Paula, it is not your husband's fault that you are here.'
'Ah! Doctor, you do not know anything. It was his incessant abuses and name-calling that made me bury myself in thought. When everything failed, I used imaginations to make myself happy'.
To cut the whole story short,I left his house. I was rich from the money I had before- the one Micheal was always putting in account, before his death, the money had cummulated to about seven millions, and the one Paul gave me(he never wanted me to leave but I just had to).
As I left my husband house,my plan was to adopt a child, be a philantropists,to help the Orphans, and help counsel Barren women, but I changed my mind when an old woman...
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 25, 2014
Hmmm nice update man very touching.
I nearly cried walahi embarassed
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 25, 2014
Snowprince07...
Thanx

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
The vote for regular updater of the month has started..
Go and update urz..
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
The vote for regular updater of the month has started..
Go and update urz..@
this link

https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/9#1804027.311
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
Please I urgently need the email of this people
Nairaland said Ive sent too many email today...
Mine is martinspaul22@gmail.com
or just sent a message to me thru my nairaland profile

AllonPoint
LordRazor1
rapmike
repogirl
kayemjay
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by edwife(f): 2:39pm On Aug 25, 2014
thanks dipeven for the dedication smiley

well done
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by repogirl(f): 3:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
[quote author=Divepen]Please I urgently need the email of this people

repogirl/quote]

Ow....Kay, I'll send mine to your gmail......
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by rapmike(m): 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
Divepen: Please I urgently need the email of this people

AllonPoint
LordRazor1
rapmike
repogirl
kayemjay

Wetin happen?

My e-mail is ugospur@gmail.com
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
edwife: thanks dipeven for the dedication smiley

well done
You are welcome and thank u also..
Oya may I test shared

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Dorisbest(f): 4:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
I started reading your story today. It is very captivating and I almost shed tears for Paula.
Kudos
waiting patiently for the next update
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
[quote author=repogirl][/quote]
still waiting

*Singing*
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
Dorisbest: I started reading your story today. It is very captivating and I almost shed tears for Paula.
Kudos
waiting patiently for the next update
Thanx alot...
Update coming up soon
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
Update coming up by 9:35pm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Glory Abah Read 27 Books In January / Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert / Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.