Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) (26349 Views)

The Dining Table - A Poem By Gbanabom Hallowell / LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by kayemjay(m): 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
Divepen: Please I urgently need the email of this people
Nairaland said Ive sent too many email today...
Mine is martinspaul22@gmail.com
or just sent a message to me thru my nairaland profile

AllonPoint
LordRazor1
rapmike
repogirl
kayemjay

My email is kelvinmania@yahoo.com

Thank you.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
kayemjay:

My email is kelvinmania@yahoo.com

Thank you.
message sending
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by boladex1: 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
nice update
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 25, 2014
Bettybold(f), pres01,deeyor(f), jaymomma(f) abeg comment before u eat and go...if e bad...talk am...Na d way persin go improve b dat
boladex1... Thanx alot..

I think my update will take longer...because I have a writer that wants to join Nairaland so i ahve to see if she is now able to join but sha expect update before ten..
Thanx for understandin me, a mortal man
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
Continuation

No, it was not her that changed my mind, I saw Peace's baby on the news, and that triggered the idea into my head.
But this woman is one of the cases on our hand.
She was not really an old woman in that sense, but she was 57 years, she came to us after every option has failed her. She had gone to a motherless baby home, where the process was just too hard for her and her husband. He, the husband, was ready to just die with her by his side, but the woman was ready to just have a child she can train, to no avail. Eventually, She met us, and was even ready to take in the mother of the baby. The policy of our government is just too strict for this people to bear. One cannot correct the child- Well... She is now happy with the child and mother, a luck on the mother of the baby, who had lost her parent a long time, and had being living under the bridge with some people until some hooligans raped her. She was so tired of life, and of God that she decided to kill herself when our company, through one of our agents, working in the Police Force of Nigeria, met her and brought her to us.
What shall I say more than this, world has done terrible things to us, barren women. It had sulk out our happiness and replaced it with tears and disheartening.
I have therefore decided to make sure no barren woman near me cry.
And now that we've registered the company as an N.G.O, things will go fine, and Peace Purewater will start very soon.

The office phone rang, bringing Peace to the realisation that she was crying, she was feeling so bad for this woman, Paula.
'Hello, Ma', she knew it was Bimpe, her boss, that was calling.
' Come over, she is here'.
A bell rang in Peace's head. She knew the 'witch' was around.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by hassan85(m): 10:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
flash back ended. previous episode continues... it's really a tale.. following
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 26, 2014
hassan85: flash back ended. previous episode continues... it's really a tale.. following
Thanz baba.. Previous episode continues oo
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by princesssusan(f): 4:23am On Aug 27, 2014
Kudos to you!
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 27, 2014
princesssusan: Kudos to you!
tanx ma'am
eh en...
I av bn unbanned
anti spammmm bot warn ya sef
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by udison(m): 7:35am On Aug 27, 2014
d witch has come to destroy...,
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 27, 2014
udison: d witch has come to destroy...,

Boss.. How you know..

Erm... To every great thinker in the house...
I am so sorry I will rush this story, because I did my minor exam yesterday and would not have time next week again as I have to prepare for the major ones...
Plz + just hope I'm able to rush for you to enjoy it because our exams is 3 weeks that means I wont b able to update in 3 weeks.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by udison(m): 8:15am On Aug 27, 2014
Divepen:

Boss.. How you know..

Erm... To every great thinker in the house...
I am so sorry I will rush this story, because I did my minor exam yesterday and would not have time next week again as I have to prepare for the major ones...
Plz + just hope I'm able to rush for you to enjoy it because our exams is 3 weeks that means I wont b able to update in 3 weeks.

No probs bros...,,
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 27, 2014
Dedicated To Dorisbest, Princesssusan

Chapter 24.
Peace was happy they will be free from the 'witch' , which is the third day after her visitation, as she will be leaving with the baby, that day. She had log into an hotel, at a place not far from the company.
Peace has noticed something about Sijuade, ever since she entered the state she had not being using her fake pregnant, whenever, Peace sees her she have this creepy feeling that there was going to be a trouble.
When she got to the office, she decided not to be a part of the exchange of the child.
She decided to work on the company's site, that was when a message from Ayo came in. It brought smiles to her face as she knew how much she had missed him. It's been going to two months now, she visited him last.
While she was reading it, she was using her left hand to press the laptop. By the time she would look up, she saw somethings, it caught her attention.
'SECRET OF SECRETS'.
I am suspecting something about Micheal, Bimpe's son, I will send some files to her, and put something like a questionaire in it, where I will ask many question, one of which will be,
'' If you have an information that will make me cry, will you withhold it from me.'

Upon seeing this, Peace rushed out of her seat towards the door, to try to persuade Bimpe not to answer the questions or to see if anything can be done to correct the answer she had given, if there had been mistake, or just to hint her that Paula, the madam, was up to something. But as she was about to get out, she saw three policemen and a man, entering Bimpe's office, this surprised her, her instinct told her to close the door slightly and watch the outcome. Some minutes later, Bimpe, Sijuade, the girl that wanted to give out her baby, the baby, and a fair man( who was ranting about his wife being a liar), and the Policemen coming after them all came out of the office.
Some minutes later, she ran to Bimpe, the secretary and was surprise she was also taken. Seeing that they had left, she ran to her office,picked her car key and rushed to her car. With her heart pounding, she honked loudly for the gateman to open the door.
Then, she saw that they had not gone too far, so, she followed them secretly until she saw the name of the Police station, then she returned to the office, went to Bimpe's office, and searched her handbag, where she found her phone, then she searched for Paula's number, and dialled it.
'Hello Bimpe', Paula said
'No...Ma',Peace said hurriedly, her breathe unstable,' some police came to take Oga now, and...'
'Calm down...', Paula said,' what of Bimpe the secretary?'
' She has also being taken away with them', she replied, and add hurriedly,' I was in my office, that was the reason they could not see me.'
'Okay, don't worry... Those Police were merely doing their job, she will be released when I get there', Paula explained, ' but how do we know which Police station they were taken to now'.
' I followed them. They went to Agogo Ilu Police station', Peace informed her. She wondered why Paula was taking this case with levity, Bimpe her great Oga has been taken away, and this Paula is taking it with levity.
' Oh! That's my base...', Paula declared, 'Meet me there in ten minutes...'
' Okay, ma'
With this knowledge, she ran out, then she remembered she did not lock her office,and there was nobody except the cleaner around, she stood on the spot for close to fifteen seconds, contemplating on whether to lock the office or not, so she ran to her office, upon entering, the office, she ran to her laptop and was surprised to see the icon ' Device Safely Removed', but she had no time to think about, she locked the door.
As she rushed outside she wished the pure water company had not been built because she had to go through the proceess of passing the gate of the pure water company before getting to her car park.
The company's compound was big enough to contain the two company- Pure water and the Baby Exchange- and that had helped them in planning very well for the purewater company.
She entered the car, started the car, and honked loudly severally for the gateman to open the gate. While she was waiting and her leg was dancing along with her heartbeat, she could not contain the impatience again and decided to play any song, as she opened the Cd box, all of her Empty cd fell off, quickly she noticed the Cd was not complete, but she could not pick them up as the gateman has opened the gate.
Without thinking twice, she sped off to the police station. But she was afraid something was wrong somewhere, something was happening-a very big one that she has not been noticing.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by lenmafon: 8:42am On Aug 27, 2014
ok sir. we understand and all de best in ur exams.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 27, 2014
Dedicated To Udison, and lenmafon
Chapter 25
For Every problem there is a solution.
But when the problem comes, the heart jumps and run about within the body, the blood is also shouting like market women that had just been attacked by warriors of another town.
So was it when Peace was speeding, she was lucky to miss a baby who was crawling into the street, whose mother was chatting.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 27, 2014
lenmafon: ok sir. we understand and all de best in ur exams.
thank u ma
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by dammygoody(m): 8:58am On Aug 27, 2014
Something is seriously happening peace, be careful...
This 'device safely removed' thing is even more suspicious...
Well done boss...
#dammydogood
grin
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 27, 2014
dammygoody: Something is seriously happening peace, be careful...
This 'device safely removed' thing is even more suspicious...
Well done boss...
#dammydogood
grin
Thanx boss mii
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 27, 2014
[b]Dedicated to D9ty7 (Dygeasy's brother, as a way to say Happy birthday- the lord shall give you a raise, and stop any evil planned against you), to Dammygoody(Dammydogood), to Hassan85, Iolite, edwife...
Chapter 26
She met Paula, the Madam, there as planned.
Her cloth was dazzling, one would smell an aura of riches on her. She was putting on a purple lace, and her handbag was also a purple swuhed one, but there was just an inexplannable air about her that Peace cannot just understand.

Chapter 27.
They entered the Police station, Paula greeted the Policemen with great familiarity, they too reciprocated by hailing her, she dropped a bulky envelope on the table, and left the policemen fighting one another over it.
But before she left,
'Is Oga inside',she inquired.
'Yes ma'.
'Thank you', she went inside the Commisioner's office, luckily for them they met the family still talking.
'Madam Paula, welcome', the commissioner greeted, rising from his seat.
'Thank you sir'
' Please have your seat'.
Although, Peace do not want to sit before, she decided to sit.
' What happened', Paula asked.
Like a bomb that had been waiting to explode, Sijuade's husband started,
' I am Sijuade's husband, I heard her calling, she shouted so I suspected something was up,so, I followed down from Osun, our place to your Baby Factory'.
The word 'Baby factory' brought smiles to Paula's face.
I waited patiently for her, and followed her to the hotel she log into. I had tipped the waiter there to always inform me whenever she was to leave thhe company.
On the second day, I was surprised she was no longer pregnant.
When I discovered this I decide to see what game she was upto, until I followed her down there.
Then, it occured to me something big was going to happen, so when I saw her going to the company the third day, I did not wait for the outcome, I came to take police, to arrest them', he narrated, panting, his face now red.
'Mr....' The commisioner started.
' Ojo', the fair man chipped in.
Peace quickly looked at the people in the office, and she noticed Bimpe the secretary was just staring at her beautiful brown mini skirt as if she had not seen before, she used her hand to remove invisible dirts from it.
Sijuade was also there with a dry eyes, upon seeing her, anger welled up within Peace, she felt like slapping or beating the woman to a pulp for her careless attitude.
Bimpe was also calm for the first time. When one knows what s/he has inside, or what is supporting him/her, s/he would have no fear.
But the lady with the baby was crying silently, but surprisingly the baby was not crying, instead it seems to be enjoying the show.
' Well... Mr Ojo', the commissioner continued, I really appreciate the way you handled the matter, but things are different here, this company is a registered company, they are Non Govenmental Organisation, last four weeks, we were so eager to fight one of them that we even went to his company, and took some of the ladies there away but... Things were different from what we thought, the man took the police to court, and we were asked to pay a very large amount of money to him', the commissioner looked at the man to be sure he understand him.
' So, for this reason, I will advise you to take your wife away to settle whatever problem, you might be having between you, two'.
Mr Ojo red face had become white, he became speechless as he moved out of the office, with Sijuade running after him.
'Please you may all leave except madam.'
Peace wished she was inside with them, but when they came out, she, Paula and the commissioner were joking and laughing.
Peace knew something great had happened inside, when they were leaving the company the other policemen were hailing her.
Peace felt slightly peaceful, they are leaving like an hero, even when they seems to be wrong.
When they got outside the police station, Paula turned to her,
'Peace...'
Peace heart pounded as Paula looked at her for a long time, shaking her head.
' You brought the idea of N.G.O, it has saved us times without number now, I think you need a raise'.
Upon hearing this, Peace rushed to her, hugged her, then remembered who she just hugged and then withdrew.
'I'm sorry, ma'.
'It's nothing, you are an heaven-sent to this company.'
'Let us move'.
'May God punish that 'witch' on my behalf', Bimpe talked at last.
'Amen', they all said as if it had been planned,
They looked at one another's face and bursted into laughter.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 27, 2014
udison:

No probs bros...,,
ok sir
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 27, 2014
I want to say, a very big thank you to the following people for accepting my proposal (Lol)

Larrysun
sammyhoe
Audreytimms
Princesa
prettyspicey
Davep
Texanomaly
Queenxstar
Flakkydagirl
Tiffanyj
missyhorlar
Timpaker
Dorisbest
TheRock555
Royver
Ladywriter
Dygeasy
Dammygoody

and to the following People I've sent you a message, and If I do not see a reply before next week friday, I would agree you do not love the Idea...
Rapmike
Oma4u
Kayemjay

but I will be calling on the following People again, and if I do not see your email, I would also believe you are busy and will have littlw time to handle whatever my message would be..
TemitopeDaniel
Firestar
Spicyeve
Justiceenam
Noble4d
Tpia5
Adebayoomolara
Lorlaahlorzz

4 Likes

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 27, 2014
So finally d witch has done her worst??
nice1 boss still on d following mood
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 27, 2014
snowprince07: So finally d witch has done her worst??
nice1 boss still on d following mood
yes boss...lol
Thanz

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 27, 2014
Chapter 28
When Joy comes in People tend to forget what was troubling them before they got the joy.
Things changed immediately, Patricia's boyfriend thought it was high time they got married, and he, immediately, took her out of the country.
Ayo, her boyfriend, finished with a first class from the university, and she has now paid for his Law school where he is now and was about to finish.( If only she knew what she had just done).
Her purewater company was now running, every of the profit belonged to her, she was only paying Unique Baby Exchange ten percent, despite the fact Bimpe told her not to pay, but she thought it was wise to pay it.
She and Sylvester had gone far in their relationship, however, they had never slept together, which she loved, everything was going on fine within two years.
This even made her think less of her baby;It made stop trying to find what Paula was discovering about Micheal, Bimpe's son; it made her stop trying to know what was wrong with her Laptop, and her missing Cd.
She celeberate almost every weekend alone. But make sure she visit Bimpe, where she sometimes meet Paula.
Then, new year came there was need for general meeting, so when she met the letter on her table in her room she was not afraid, she knew the company had sent it. She had changed the keys times without number, but she still met the letters on her table, whenever there was call for meeting, and that made her stopped changing the keys as the men-in-charge were expert at their things.
So, she started counting the days remaining to the meeting because with the look of things a very big change and law was going to be passed.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by dammygoody(m): 11:47am On Aug 27, 2014
Viewing this topic: popeshemoo(m)
Do I know you?

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 27, 2014
dammygoody: Viewing this topic: popeshemoo(m)
Do I know you?
lol
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by popeshemoo(m): 12:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
happy exams bro *if dere is anytn like dat* btw i tnk peace is going to b in real deep shit wen dis cd issue finaly blows up .........still folowing
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by popeshemoo(m): 12:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
goody.....or dogood whateva yu are do yu need to know me
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Temmytayo20(f): 12:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nice updates.. Wishin u success in ur forthcoming examination
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
popeshemoo: happy exams bro *if dere is anytn like dat* btw i tnk peace is going to b in real deep shit wen dis cd issue finaly blows up .........still folowing
Tanx boss.
Ah Oga Dammygoody was merely trying to make acquitance *if there is anything like that too
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by popeshemoo(m): 12:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
dont mind goodydogood......we know eachoda too well
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by dammygoody(m): 1:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
Divepen:
lol
Don't mind that pope oo, his case is in my file..

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Glory Abah Read 27 Books In January / Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) / Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.