Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) (26416 Views)

The Dining Table - A Poem By Gbanabom Hallowell / LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
princesssusan: Divingpen where you nah? Its sunday no work n no skul an update will do a magic u neva can tell
Oya let me update...
My exam starts 9th september- Two papers the same time..
So I wanted to read throughout nextweek, then face Exam squarely..so I will use this day to update... now and the night I hope I fill some curiousity then
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Iolite(f): 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
Divepen I wish u all the best in your exams. Jack well o.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
Iolite: Divepen I wish u all the best in your exams. Jack well o.
thanx o lot..
I go jack wella
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
Chapter 29b
Blanking out means not thinking about anything at all.
When Paula first introduced chanting, it was like a good thing because many of them used the opportunity to stop using their mind to think. Peace love it then because she does not have to worry about anything, all she had to do was to blank out. It was like yoga when you have a feeling of self consciousness, she so much enjoyed it until she discovered that after those meetings she did not love to think again, that whenever she thoughts comes in she poured it into films, rock music, or into any music that is very fast and would not help her think. She was enjoying it alot, just like everybody who does things it but do not know why they do it; people stay glued to television, videos and the rest just to while away their time, not knowing many of them do not want to sit down and think out some things.
When she decided to start thinking again, she discovered that it was hard, but with regular and thorough thinking she regained her statures.
So, that day she kept on chanting, until Paula gave instructions they should stop.
'Welcome to today's meeting', she said, 'without wasting our time, let us face the innovations we have'.
' We have decided to own a farm, as a fall back in case of anything, and in the farm, we will have where we will keep our money for futuristic purpose. But to achieve great harvest, we need hands', she paused, looking from the left to the right.
' How do we get people to work on this farm with little money?', she asked again with the look of someone who knows thhe answer but wants to make everybody know this part of the discussion is very important.
'In light of this, we will need people, and by doing this, we will have to start getting more people through kidnapping, they will work on the farm for us'.
Peace did not know her mouth was opened until the cold air, passing through it, touched the surface of her upper lips. What has entered into Paula, she seems to be cruel this days. Ever since she had travelled out of the country for a meeting in india, Peace had noticed a drastic change in her; she has something about her this days that makes people around subjected to her, not as a servant but as a slave.
They continued planning in the meeting, while Peace was trying to decipher what was happening.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
[size=16] Part Three [/size]

Just Like A Song
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2014
Dedicated to Princesssusan, Iolite, and Lopeoba and to fantasywrita as he continue his 'tori'
Chapter 30
Peace entered into the compound of the company, just to see what was happening. Everything was silent. She was not afraid, because it was a sunday, so she was not even expecting anybody inside the company.
She wanted to go back, but she kept on going. She was putting on an heeless sandal- one that was not flapping behind her as she moved on.
She kept on moving, and was going to turn back when she heard,
'Hun', a voice moaned.
Peace was stunned,
'' Has anything happened to any of the girls? Is it that one of them wants to give birth to a baby? Where are the guards in charge of them? Where are the women?''
Then it struck her,
''Why is the person moaning far from the main hostel?''
'Hun', the voice came again.
Peace went near the voice gently, trying as much as possible not to make any noise. Her long and flowing gown almost got into the way at a point, that she almost fell headlong.
The hostel was built, so far away from the company that even when one climb the fence of the company one would not see the hostel, because behind the company were bushes.
'Hun', the female voice came again, this time accompanied by a baritone voice of a man.
Then, the moan came in quick succession, becoming louder as Peace got nearer.
'What?!!!!', Peace exclaimed, she was surprised at what saw, 'Chinedu! Wetin you dey do here with this girl'.
Chinedu, upon seeing her dragged his trouser up, his hands working faster that a machine, and the lady wore her cloth, shaking like a leaf.
She tried to remember how the lady came to the company, but could not remember. Chinedu was one of the most effecient worker at the pure water company. She wondered how he, and the lady got the means to communicate and met.
'Chinedu! Wetin enter you...'
'Aunty!'', Chinedu said prostrating, 'No vex...I swear na my first time and first lady be this'.
' Ahhhh!! Chinedu!' the lady exclaimed,' I am not the first girl, ma'.
'Shut up!!' Peace shouted at the lady, eyeing her with a cold eyes.
'You....' her phone rang,'Hello, ma'.
' Hello Peace'.
'Paula said she had been trying to reach you... She wants you to start coming to her place, now'.
Peace heart raced from her chest to her mouth, and returned to its normal position with that two seconds.
'Did she know? What happened? Her Baby?' All of these question came rushing to her head.
'i will be back for you two', she promised as she turned to leave.
She had not gone far when she heard,
'You dey craze... You wan collect job for my hand'...
She hissed as she moved out of the company, calling on Audu to lock the gate after her.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
Chapter 31
When she got to Paula's house, her fear was transformed into internal mockery.
Paula gave her some files of which made her smile, wondering if Paula had seen something she want to test her for, also, because right in the file was a questionaire.
She was ready to answer every question carefully, with the mind of a person that was ready to win this woman that now exude fear.
While they were still chatting, someone knocked on the door. Peace rose to open,
'Leave it... I will take it myself, and you can leave now.'
While Paula was moving to the door, Peace felt the need to know somethings about Paula, so it occured to her that she should record whatever will be said in the house.
With great agility, she put her phone on silence, put on the recording application on her Blackberry phone, then, changed the application-in case someone discover the phone, and dropped it on the chair.
Having done that, she rose and swiftly went to the door, where she met two hefty man at the door, coming in with Paula.
The men were putting on dark eye glasses, she remembered klint de drunk's joke where he said ''you are putting dark glasses in a dark room in the night, are you studying criminology''. The men look like crimininals to her; though, the face of the one at the front who is fair, seem to be a little gentle. They were both putting on black suit, with a black t-shirt under it, on a Jeans trouser.
She went to her home, and hope to come back for phone in the next one hour. As she was going near her home, she decided to go to Bimpe's house because Micheal was not around, he was in the boarding school, she remembered how he and Bimpe cried the day he was leaving for the school, she, also, cried. Her phone was not with her, so she could not call Bimpe before getting to the house. The gateman was not on duty.
'What is always wrong with all this gatemen?' She complained as she locked the door, which she met opened, behind her.
She began to suspect something was wrong, when she met the door of the house left ajar. Bimpe will never leave her door open for any reason, even when Micheal was around, she would never allow him to leave the door ajar.
So, she reduced her pace, and walked gently into the house, for the second time that day.
When she entered she met the shock of her life... Bimpe was lying on the arm of the chair, with wound of gun shot on her forehead, blood oozing out it, and her gateman, also, lying on the floor face-down, gun shots on the back of his neck- he was dead.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by hassan85(m): 12:14am On Sep 01, 2014
keeps me. wondering. where s ds story going... Bimpe dead? dts a shocker
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 01, 2014
Welcome to the month of victory.
Don't look at the calendar look at the future.
The past month had all left... If you've not really achieved everything you want to achieve there is time to do that. Start from 'now'.
If you have achieved something, don't stop there, there is more...
Happy New Month Nairaland

oga hassan85 Nice seeing u afta long time
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by hassan85(m): 7:13am On Sep 01, 2014
Divepen: Welcome to the month of victory.
Don't look at the calendar look at the future.
The past month had all left... If you've not really achieved everything you want to achieve there is time to do that. Start from 'now'.
If you have achieved something, don't stop there, there is more...
Happy New Month Nairaland

oga hassan85 Nice seeing u afta long time
oga, Thanks o happy September... never u think that am not here o. I always come checking not less than two times a day for ur updates. sometimes I just read without commenting... keep them coming.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 01, 2014
hassan85: oga, Thanks o happy September... never u think that am not here o. I always come checking not less than two times a day for ur updates. sometimes I just read without commenting... keep them coming.
Then I will change my mentality...
The story will be ending so soon..
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by hassan85(m): 8:25am On Sep 01, 2014
Divepen:
Then I will change my mentality...
The story will be ending so soon..
hehe tot as much with bimpe death I saw d ending on sight.. was here wen it started, with Allah will be here wen it ends....
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 01, 2014
I've started reading this story from d start..
I like what i av read so far, especially bringing the true reality about d baby factory stuff. Anyway following now!
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 01, 2014
hassan85: hehe tot as much with bimpe death I saw d ending on sight.. was here wen it started, with Allah will be here wen it ends....
yes ooo
Fantasywrita: I've started reading this story from d start..
I like what i av read so far, especially bringing the true reality about d baby factory stuff. Anyway following now!
Tanx alot boss.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Iolite(f): 9:31am On Sep 01, 2014
Since yesterday u have been toturing me, pls end it now by updating now! Pls. I need to know what went wrong, especialy with paula.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by LordRazor1(m): 10:27am On Sep 01, 2014
Divepen: In life we miss many legality in what we do, do we agree we are optionless.
Sometimes we get works like Dygeasy's the Job,
sometimes we have relunctant Bride( Tiffanyj),
Sometimes people have to spend their honeymoon in prison( Sammy hoe),
What will you do if a gun is pointed at your end?
According to Harvey in the film, the Suits, he said 'there are more than 300 ways to escape the gun pointed at ones head'.You dont need to shout take my things, take my women(Harddon)
Do we need to continue living under the table?
NO.
Let us Haunt the person's feeling(Firestar).
Or do we give up and say Good night(spiceyeve) or should one hide under religion and be in love with a priest(Spiceyeve).
My brother, everyone is a genious(Sammy hoe), so we need to look for a way to turn people's heart to a heart of a woman(coolval22com), play a game of love on people's heart(Temitope Daniels).
Get a life(safarigirl), by thinking like a complete assassin because life is a battle for power(D9ty7). Stop living under the table, I understand everybody want to call someone their own(Tiffanyj).
Even,if the world is going to end(Royver) or there is a roaring trouble overnight and we have 7 hours before dawn(tmx21), remember that life is full of Love and blood.

We cant keep on living under the table. Let us live outside the box...
I welcome you all, especially Ebi awon Genious.

Onose01, Elantracey,
Princesa, Larrysun, Kenewriter, Ishilove,, Frank317, Dayvhid,
Sugarbabekemi, Stormybucci,
Temitopedaniel, Helensharpay,
Karevwite, Akinkudin, Jigsawkillah,
Onosj, Jigsawkillah, Toykathy, Zeenab,
Therock5555, D9ty7, 01emek, Okem09,
Akinkudin, Talk2riel, 3Dimension,
Ayobami193, Mohammad11, Muniho,
Michaellegend, Damex333, Winie,
Candy, Zuby, PrinceAdepoju, Mynd44,
Obinnau, Mykhel, Joseff14, Kingphilip,
Logodwhiz, Hoyhebhuks, Kayemjay,
Tiffanyjay, glowingscenes, Talk2riel
Faithgokz, Jesus Prince, Aytuns,
Shayoor, Omortorlah, Follz, Bookhy,
Dammygoody, Olanrewajub,
Timothy3113,
Harkanbi, Domwiz4all, AudreyTimms
Rockhillz, Joseff14, Soulminister,
Princefame,
RioEmmanuel, Jammy2012, Ice4jez,
Luckidoc,
Nikkygold4life, Kaymania, Amsad,
Profmaojo, Ohibenemma,
Redhot1111, Jaymomma, Tunery004,
godwinkalu123, idiatFF, vonn,
ToriemManson, uchebest2006,
unibenstudent, Nancydearie,
Temmytayo20, Cho25bc, Comsoy,
LUDALOOLO,
Ote man U dun O,
Lordtim14, Princesschi, Aveiro,
Gbamar, Kingso23,
Bertadayz, Bollyano,
Lorlaahlozz,
Ademuyiwa59,
Tylogegro, IgweChosen, Leofish92,
Chukwusi,
Ayobami195, Niyipo,
Omotolaray, O-tops,
Bishopkay, Peksmay,
Yussuff4u2c, Timcy2,
Dokita olly, Monsurx2, Buccal, Adabite,
2map,
Jessepearl, Angelsit,
Highdee4life, Odward,
Atakitisam, Foslink,
Kylecares, Usmanspihn,
Medexico, Man4LordJesus,
Munakeyz, Geoworldedu, Pammusphy,
Akahp, Ismogimo,
Kinxen, Akorlade,
Jackossky, Larmu, TeddyJonathan,
eunisam, Study4christ,
Chimez4christ, DzTz,
Emaxadey, Smeeky,
TyHadebimpe,
Smithsammy
Hyungwang, Ray1251, NobleBright,
JessePearl, PrinceAdepoju,
Amosola93, Teebarbie,
Mckemsoc, Obi-won,
Galileogalileo,
Yeancharr Preety jay, Clumslow17,
Mistah Teepex, Tbmas
Olaoluwadantes, Rubann, Ayobami195
DaReezyn, Lateef4me,
Emzypaz, Taiyejoel Pweedierhonda,
Bintsdeyi, Vigorous V
Chasicolis, Ayomitide77,
Obobolaraba
Yeamesee, Sheggun1,
Angelbaby77, Sparrow03
Waslek, infinitykoncept, Canme4u,
vstuff,
Crownfullhouse,
Sonexy2, Bola-dex
Fateemah88, Myne
White, Mahkanjuh, Muniho
Ng4am,
Abdulkadirbiffo,
Adminofficials
Rantex1, Ayanfe09,
Thunday16, Bussyy1 Tpearl,
Umarbaseet,
Ummuja, Oggbole, Davonyi
Soneh, Sonexyb,
Kolatidoma, Chichi2608
SirDUKE, Richbee, Sugarbabe@Kemi,
Ritababe, Mcmooney,
Helensharpay, Fhavuri,
Newton231
LollyD, Dzak, Vivi01,
OPEYEMI AD, Hebenz Usolace,
Kingjulian,
Lorpeh, Thankgod iyke
Aminah04, Mczigx,
Sheanoel, Nasa4G,
Oma4u, Gameboy727,
Cpblessed, Arolexwalex1, Natty14,
MystarZ
JonesK, Djeezy, Timxxy,
Winie, Remsonik,
Gendebs, Assidik, Misto,
Locoster, Rohilicious, Armadeo,
Oluwatasha,
CORRECTMAN78, Cally22
Christygenius,
Xtarxhyne, Ambrosex,
Papiforreal
Tfabu, Guiddoti, Edogho, Debdove,
Quintybabe, Horayce,
Malaikah1, Welshv,
Cutiedave, Bollah123,
Carrotman, Tedrah, Mz
Lakore, Candy Ocee31, Mukolo Andy,
CHERISH-2,
Emperorjames,
Queenrose102,
Damoguy, ZeescoAGF,
Donharrie, Feyifahm, Bmasz, Andrealin,
Shuayb0, Natureboy50
Musb92@yahoo.co,
demmyface,
IamDejMan, Edogho,
Georgematic, Mariemummy, AO2,
Romsky, Munner,
Ayonbobo, Gal10,
Bibie01, Merblesh,
Aysuccess99,
Horpybabe, Eagles man, Wizkris,
Emmadiva,
Cutietee, Queenxstar,
Queen143, Ohbejay,
Sambroose, Prettycee,
Kujan20, Jjrhymez,
Omotalkie, Kaymania, flyca, bunbam,
Cenken,
FranAsoan, Prettymis,
Fareedah86,
Goldenbasil, Teewest2,
Kinxlinx, Sweetypie,
Topsy42, Fhunkhy, Whizpeter,
Pussyeater,
Vickifrancis1,
Baffylander, Ojowizzy, missyhorlah,
DaveP, Repo girl, Karo, Ayonbobo,
Barackohandso,
Covenant007, Yhucee,
Daseento, Slimjoe225
dis is ingenious... Lovely... Thumbs up... Great work! Jah bless!
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Iolite(f): 3:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
From the point were Paula killed her mother in-law, that is when I knew she's capable of doing anything. Look at the way she talked abt the baby factory, like she's doing a humanitarian job. Now what will she call the kidnapping she's going into.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
Iolite: Since yesterday u have been toturing me, pls end it now by updating now! Pls. I need to know what went wrong, especialy with paula.
Ahba aunty I did myself bad...
I knowing used all remaining meg to downloads songs, but I couldnt read well with d tot of d next update on my mind

@ lordrazor1, thanx baba
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
Dedicated to Iolite, Lordrazor1, Hassan85
Chapter 31B
Her brow drew together, and lines formed between her eyebrow. She tilted her head to a side. Her eyes darted from a corner of the room to the other.
She looked at Bimpe's dead body again, shaked her head,
' No', she mouthed silently, tears dropping slowly from her eyes, like procession at a burial ceremony, she moved round the house, carefully, to be sure she was the only one in the house.
When she confirmed she was the only one in the house, she returned to the parlour, where the two dead bodies laid. This time she looked at them with a wet face, tears had covered her face as if it has beaten by rain. She, suddenly, had difficulty in breathing, she crumpled onto the floor, crying loudly, and lamenting, she went to Bimpe holding her to her chest.
It looks like the whole world had crumpled under her. The only person that was an adult, one she almost took as her mother was dead. She shook uncontrollable, holding tight to the body of Bimpe, refusing to let go as if letting it go would means the end of her own life.
' Mummy oooo', she wailed, her finger boring into the body of Bimpe's dead body, 'Mummy oooo'.
She cried for close to thirty minutes, before deciding to go to Paula's house.
She cleaned her face in the kitchen, rushed to her car, parked outside the outside-she had decided to park the car outside, so that she can quickly run back to pick her phone at Paula's place.
When she got to Paula's home, she met Paula in a state of semi-agony, her faces were red, and it look as if she was crying, but had quickly cleaned her eyes when she heard she knew Peace wanted to see her.
' Mummy is dead', Peace announced, trying to hold herself from crying.
'Which mummy?' she asked, bewilded.
' Mummy Micheal...', she finally bursted into the tears, 'she is dead ooo, she was shot ooo'.
Paula looked like someone that had just seen ghost, her verbal well became suddenly dry; in fact, she could barely manage to croak.
She bursted, like a bomb, into tears.
'Let us go'.
They went out.
'Oh, my phone',Peace exclaimed as she returned to pick her phone where she dropped it, the other time. She met it intact and picked it.
Peace entered her car, as Paula entered hers-where her driver was waiting in.
Peace was so curious to know what had happened at Paula's place, because Paula was behaving as if, she know something about the death.
So she plugged an earpiece to her ear, driving on. She was surprised when she heard what happened, she did not know tears was dropping from her eyes like rain.
When they got to the house, she shot up her head in anger of what she knew.
Paula went to Bimpe body, crying her eyes out.
Then, a knock.
'Who is that?' Peace asked, her voice shaking.
' Police',a voice said, the voice looks like one Peace have heard many time.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by hassan85(m): 8:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
I really feel Sorry for them...
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hmmm na wqoo cry embarassed
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
hassan85: I really feel Sorry for them...
..;(
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 03, 2014
Chapter 32
She moved back when she saw him, if it was not his voice she heard, she would have argued that he was caught for an unknown offence, so he brought them there, but she was sure he was the owner of the voice.
Her mouth was opened in utter surprise.
'Sylvester...?', she managed to say, 'so you've been deceiving me all this while'.
' I will advice you to keep quiet or your statement will be used again you in the court of law', a lady said.
When Peace looked at the owner of the new voice, she was surprised to see Shola, their cleaner.
'So, Shola you are, also, in the police', Shola was better dressed than she had always been, before she was always seen with packed hair, a blue short sleeve shirt, a black trouser, a worn out tennis, but today, she was putting on a black pant-trouser, a polo shirt, and a shoe.
'Please, follow us gently or we will be forced to use force on you', a policeman said, his face shows he has undergone many training through life that can make him do anything.
Paula dropped the dead bodies she was holding gently, stood up, tears still streaming down her face.
' Why are we being arrested', Paula asked.
'A case came up at our office, that was linked to your company, and we have enough evidence against you...' Sylvester said expressionless, looking at Peace as if he had never seen before.
Shola went to check the pulse of Bimpe and the gateman, she came back to her former position.
'They are dead', Shola announced, ' who was the first person to discovered they were dead?', she asked, facing Peace.
'I did', Peace said, not knowing whether she should rush at Sylvester for all his deceit, or at Shola for her pretence, or she should continue crying.
' Let us take every one of them to the station', Sylvester declared,
'Take them away', he ordered the policemen with him, 'Tolu, let us take a look at this bodies', he said to Shola.
When they left the house, Peace could not count the number of times she blinked her eyes. She wondered how she was stupid to miss the facts that were just rushing into her head.
The day she went with to collect the laptop from Paula's home, Sylvester knew about it, that means he had bugged her phone. That gives her the information of where her Cd was. That day, he left her in the restaurant to take something in his car, mistakenly he took her car key or should she not consider it a mistake, and returned somehow late, claiming he went to hiss himself from there, Shola was the one always taking information from her laptop. She hit her hand on her head for her stupidity.
'I had been a fool', she muttered.
When they got to the police station, things worked out so fast. At first, they were not allowed to make any call,but after many plea from Paula and for the fact that Paula had always given the police some money whe9ever she went around, they were allowed to use it.
Peace called Ayo, who had finished his study in the law school and was still looking for a way to join H.O.Davies Chambers, he came around, then bailed them after many trouble with the police.
It happened that one of the women took the baby she bought for immunisation at a general clinic where people discovered the baby was not her own because she was giving a-two-month-old-baby baby food from a feeding bottle. When asked to feed the baby with her breast milk, she refused, this brought suspicion and after many test, it was discovered she was not the mother of the baby, and that brought the case to them.
' They will still come here, whenever we need them, especially as we are in the search for the killer of the two people found in one their houses', Sylvester told Ayo.
Just as Peace and Ayo were happy that they were free from it, and as they were settling down at Peace's house (having made sure Paula who has refused to talk since they were taken away to her home) a man brought letter saying he is federal Lawyer, and that he is suing Peace to court, he adviced her to look for a very good lawyer before that day.
'Is it more than this',Ayo husky's voice spilled the air,
'What is the real thing you do in your company, is it not only to counsel women?'
' Well...I can't really say it, because we are binded by oath against talking but since you asked...'
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
' let me write it on a paper for you', she herself did not understand the force compelling her to tell him, but she knew she just had to tell him, because he will be the one representing her at the court.
After she wrote a-five-page description and everything they do, exempting the cases of her baby, instead she wrote was threatened into staying, she gave it to him,and allowed him to read, while she went to cook for him.
''Peace', Ayo called from the parlour, with dissapointment written all over his voice. She came into the parlour, avoiding his eyes. She kept wondering how she mustered the courage to even tell it.
'But why did you not make a research before joining the company', his question surprised, she thought he would pronounce his anger on her, that he would flare up, leave her alone in the situation, or the worst call the police for her.
'I...I...' she was speechless.
' What other evidence do you have to proof, and show that you were only forced?'
'There is none...'.
'None...?'
'Well... I just have information that can point out somethings.'
'Bring it... We are going to court on Monday'.

Chapter 33.
Police investigations started concerning Bimpe, and her gateman.
When fingers were beginning to point to her, Peace, she was forced to give up the recordings with her to Sylvester, whom she detest with all of her heart. The height of love she had for him is now lower that the height of hatred she now have for him.
In the long run, the court case came, instead of them to face one suit, they faced two; however, Peace was vindictated by the eloquence of her boyfriend, she was freed and acquited. In fact, the way he handled the case made great men and women, who were present at the trial, to collect his number.
As for Paula, everything worked against her. She was found guilty for the killing, the two hired killer were not found, but the evidences against her made the jugde find her guilty.
''Paula Abayomi is found guilty for killing Mrs. Bimpe Arogundade on 19th July,2010 for the babies you sold, for forcing people to work for you, for kidnapping ladies.In Accordance of the section22 of the Criminal Procedure Code,
you are hereby sentenced to death by hanging. This is...', the judge read.
And that ended the case of Peace..?- Time will tell.
Her family member who heard about the case on the television came around, rejoiced with her and accpeted her as a family member again;Patricia called her to congratulate her because it was an international news.
She got married to Ayo,a celebrity lawyer.
As for Paula....
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by dammygoody(m): 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2014
Alright...Shola was behind 'device safely removed'.. Hmmmm...cleaner/police officer...

Nice one Divepen..hope your exams haven't started yet?? Because I want moreeeee..
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
' let me write it on a paper for you', she herself did not understand the force compelling her to tell him, but she knew she just had to tell him, because he will be the one representing her at the court.
After she wrote a-five-page description and everything they do, exempting the cases of her baby, instead she wrote was threatened into staying, she gave it to him,and allowed him to read, while she went to cook for him.
''Peace', Ayo called from the parlour, with dissapointment written all over his voice. She came into the parlour, avoiding his eyes. She kept wondering how she mustered the courage to even tell it.
'But why did you not make a research before joining the company', his question surprised, she thought he would pronounce his anger on her, that he would flare up, leave her alone in the situation, or the worst call the police for her.
'I...I...' she was speechless.
' What other evidence do you have to proof, and show that you were only forced?'
'There is none...'.
'None...?'
'Well... I just have information that can point out somethings.'
'Bring it... We are going to court on Monday'.

Chapter 33.
Police investigations started concerning Bimpe, and her gateman.
When fingers were beginning to point to her, Peace, she was forced to give up the recordings with her to Sylvester, whom she detest with all of her heart. The height of love she had for him is now lower that the height of hatred she now have for him.
In the long run, the court case came, instead of them to face one suit, they faced two; however, Peace was vindictated by the eloquence of her boyfriend, she was freed and acquited. In fact, the way he handled the case made great men and women, who were present at the trial, to collect his number.
As for Paula, everything worked against her. She was found guilty for the killing, the two hired killer were not found, but the evidences against her made the jugde find her guilty.
''Paula Abayomi is found guilty for killing Mrs. Bimpe Arogundade on 19th July,2010 for the babies you sold, for forcing people to work for you, for kidnapping ladies.In Accordance of the section22 of the Criminal Procedure Code,
you are hereby sentenced to death by hanging. This is...', the judge read.
And that ended the case of Peace..?- Time will tell.
Her family member who he heard about the case on the television came around, rejoiced with her and accpeted her as a family member again;Patricia called her to congratulate her because it was an international news.
She got married to Ayo,a celebrity lawyer.
As for Paula....
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
[size=16]Part Four
The Beauty Of A Good Ending.
[/size]
A death sentence is not a death itself, it is only a sentence but not the act of doing it.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by dammygoody(m): 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hmm...don't tell me Paula is going to have a happy ending too...

And that section 22 of the criminal procedure code...is it real?
cheesy
#justasking
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
Chapter 34
The day she left her husband's house, her plan was to adopt a child; be a philantropists;to help the Orphans, and help counsel barren women. But it was cut short the previous week thursday when the Judge passed the verdict.
'Paula Abayomi is found guilty for killing Mrs. Bimpe Arogundade on 19th July,2010 and for ...'
She locked up her mind as the fair Judge read all the accusation railed against her. Her head became empty,even, her seeing became blank.
She remembered many things that had happened to her in a flash.
' You are hereby sentenced to death by hanging'.
As the van drove her off from the court into Akomolu Prison, Paula concluded in her mind to enjoy the rest of her life- which is not much, she suspected hooligalism among the prisoners but was ready for anyone of them. The highest thing anyone can do to her is to kill her, as she was already on death sentence what more.
She was not ready to start counting days, she knew anyday would be the day of her death.
Her first few days was spent within herself, she ate sparingly and thought about all that had happened to her.
Why was she one to die? Did she not help people enough? Did she make many barren women mothers of many? Did she not save marriages? Did she not save the life of babies.
She regretted ever living on earth. How could Bimpe sleep with her husband, even if unknowning, why could she not tell her? When they both get to heaven they will sort it out.
She cried most of these days, that Magaret, another criminal on deathrow, one who was sentenced to death for poisoning her husband and children all in the name of trying to poison her husband's new wife and her children.
' Don't cry madam', her tiny voice aroused Paula, 'we have few days left, don't use it to cry, use it to do something'.
Paula looked at her hard, and kept on crying. She was not ready to stop crying at that moment, but was ready to do what the Magaret suggested, she would enjoy herself.
She was still grieving when the hangsman came to take Magaret away, she went away with him happily, as if she had been waiting for him all her life.
The death of Magaret brought her to the realisation that death was waiting; although, Magaret had been there close to two years, as she got to later know, but she was not sure, she would be kept for that long.
When one of her friends, Iyinogo Fiyinfoluwa came around she was able to hear about what the government had done to her house, Bimpe's and Peace houses. Even, all of their companies too were now gone.
Now, Fiyinfolu was the main idea behind all the thought, she brought Paula's notice to the resemblance between Micheal and her dead husband, Micheal's picture (which she had always hanged in her sitting room). Fiyinfolu also gave her the contact of the assassins, but because Paula always made everything go into vowing- they had vowed never to reveal the name of the assassin or anything, if police ever got wind of the situation. They were to shoot her legs and not kill her.
Fiyinfolu was also into the trade of Baby factory. She met Paula when she could be termed as nothing, she was wretched and skinny; however, her eloquence and the way she looked made Paula have Pity for her, she opened another baby factory, making Fiyinfolu handle that behind the knowledge of Bimpe and all.
Paula began to harrass every other jailer who had been sentenced to head, later becoming their head.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 03, 2014
She later got a nickname 'maberu' i.e fear not, coined from the word Arikumaberu (He who sees death and fear not).
By the second month, she was already a terror. She now sits in the middle of others, who were also on deathrow, where two of them will be fanning.
Many of them fear death before the day they will die, and she captilize on that. People join them now and then, and whenever they arrive, they were to pay obeisance to her, and are forced to join the train of her servants or 'my people' as she called them. She was a fearful leader of the near-death people, but was wise. she delegated things to people. With her order, her people rarely think of death.
She had a time for merriment, that time was some minutes after their second meal. She was the only one bold enough to tell the government agent that came to do some survey, that they needed to be fed well, as they would soon be killed first. At first, the whole cell mocked her, and even people from other cells, but when they started receiving food, they began to give her great respect for her.
With her wisdom, she got another person to be in charge of collecting a little money from near-death people, whom their relative think it is still wise to give something whenever they visit, this money was used to bribe police to get drugs for sick people. At first, this looked absurd and people were against it until Kikelomo, a fair plump woman, was freed because the police discovered she was framed, but before that Kikelomo was sick and everybody was happy for her, because she would die before her time, but Paula fought against it, and with harrassment, she collected money to get drugs through the police for her,thereby saving her life.
The police too duped her many times, but she was able to win the trust of a dark slim woman, whom they call officer 'Ojuanu' because she was the only one that do not behave rashly towards them.
Paula drugs helped another set of people who were either freed or had their sentence changed to life in prison.
'Maberu' became a name among all- Prisoners and Jailers. She also took her jurisdistion outside her cell, and became a judge among the normal prisoners.
One day, some students preachers came and they were allowed to speak with them one after the other.
When she was taken to see the man that was to talk to her.
She sat in front of him, looking and scanning him from head to the tummy where the table prevented her from seeing other part of his body. He was dark man, wo seems to be in his early 20s.
She laughed internally, and wondered what a child that had never faced what she faced would tell her.
'Good afternoon ma', he said with the voice of a singer.
' uhn', she grunted, nodding her head.
' Ma, I wanted to share some scripture with you, but I perceived that you are here in this prison for some bad things that you have done, although, your plan was not to do evil'.
Paula stopped looking above his head and looked into his eyes, she pushed her head forward.
' But whatever you might have done, you can be the righteousness of God. God is not angry'.
As if she was just allowed to open all the tears in her. She bursted into tears.
'God is not angry at all, he love you, every of your sin had been died for. Jesus died before you even sin, in that now that you are sinner he knew you would need God's love again so he took all the punishment and wrath of God on the cross. God wants you back into the fold, Jesus died so that you will be like him, if you accept him now, God would see Jesus in you, his grace would walk for your favour'.
She kept on crying.
'Will you accept him now'.
'But.... If God is not angry, why am I here... Awaiting death ?' she was able to ask amidst her tears, sulking her breathe. She tried to catch her breath, as tears rolled down her eyes, her chest heaving up and down.
' This is not God, this is just the principle of sowing and reaping on earth. This world is bounded by principles, but no longer by laws, Jesus wiped it away. He is now our peace, will you accept him,now'.
' Yes... How do I do that?'
'Simply say after me', he said,' Jesus thank you for making me know that I can always come back to God through you, although I was a sinner but I don't want to sin anymore, I am giving up everything and allowing you to be the ruler of my life. For this reason, I declare I am the righteousness of God through christ Jesus'; he paused as Paula recited the last part.
'Ma, whenever you think you are commiting a sin and want to stop, don't be afraid of not sinning, instead say I am the righteousness of God, I don't harrass people, I am the righteousness of God, I don't curse'.
Paula opened her eyes and her mouth,
'How did you know, all of this things? I mean your knowlegde, your experience, and even somethings I do?', she asked him, making him pause.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
She later got a nickname 'maberu' i.e fear not, coined from the word Arikumaberu (He who sees death and fear not).
By the second month, she was already a terror. She now sits in the middle of others, who were also on deathrow, where two of them will be fanning.
Many of them fear death before the day they will die, and she captilize on that. People join them now and then, and whenever they arrive, they were to pay obeisance to her, and are forced to join the train of her servants or 'my people' as she called them. She was a fearful leader of the near-death people, but was wise. she delegated things to people. With her order, her people rarely think of death.
She had a time for merriment, that time was some minutes after their second meal. She was the only one bold enough to tell the government agent that came to do some survey, that they needed to be fed well, as they would soon be killed first. At first, the whole cell mocked her, and even people from other cells, but when they started receiving food, they began to give her great respect for her.
With her wisdom, she got another person to be in charge of collecting a little money from near-death people, whom their relative think it is still wise to give something whenever they visit, this money was used to bribe police to get drugs for sick people. At first, this looked absurd and people were against it until Kikelomo, a fair plump woman, was freed because the police discovered she was framed, but before that Kikelomo was sick and everybody was happy for her, because she would die before her time, but Paula fought against it, and with harrassment, she collected money to get drugs through the police for her,thereby saving her life.
The police too duped her many times, but she was able to win the trust of a dark slim woman, whom they call officer 'Ojuanu' because she was the only one that do not behave rashly towards them.
Paula drugs helped another set of people who were either freed or had their sentence changed to life in prison.
'Maberu' became a name among all- Prisoners and Jailers. She also took her jurisdistion outside her cell, and became a judge among the normal prisoners.
One day, some students preachers came and they were allowed to speak with them one after the other.
When she was taken to see the man that was to talk to her.
She sat in front of him, looking and scanning him from head to the tummy where the table prevented her from seeing other part of his body. He was dark man, wo seems to be in his early 20s.
She laughed internally, and wondered what a child that had never faced what she faced would tell her.
'Good afternoon ma', he said with the voice of a singer.
' uhn', she grunted, nodding her head.
' Ma, I wanted to share some scripture with you, but I perceived that you are here in this prison for some bad things that you have done, although, your plan was not to do evil'.
Paula stopped looking above his head and looked into his eyes, she pushed her head forward.
' But whatever you might have done, you can be the righteousness of God. God is not angry'.
As if she was just allowed to open all the tears in her. She bursted into tears.
'God is not angry at all, he love you, every of your sin had been died for. Jesus died before you even sin, in that now that you are sinner he knew you would need God's love again so he took all the punishment and wrath of God on the cross. God wants you back into the fold, Jesus died so that you will be like him, if you accept him now, God would see Jesus in you, his grace would walk for your favour'.
She kept on crying.
'Will you accept him now'.
'But.... If God is not angry, why am I here... Awaiting death ?' she was able to ask amidst her tears, sulking her breathe. She tried to catch her breath, as tears rolled down her eyes, her chest heaving up and down.
' This is not God, this is just the principle of sowing and reaping on earth. This world is bounded by principles, but no longer by laws, Jesus wiped it away. He is now our peace, will you accept him,now'.
' Yes... How do I do that?'
'Simply say after me', he said,' Jesus thank you for making me know that I can always come back to God through you, although I was a sinner but I don't want to sin anymore, I am giving up everything and allowing you to be the ruler of my life. For this reason, I declare I am the righteousness of God through christ Jesus'; he paused as Paula recited the last part.
'Ma, whenever you think you are commiting a sin and want to stop, don't be afraid of not sinning, instead say I am the righteousness of God, I don't harrass people, I am the righteousness of God, I don't curse'.
Paula opened her eyes and her mouth,
'How did you know, all of this things? I mean your knowlegde, your experience, and even somethings I do?', she asked him, making him pause.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 03, 2014
'It is the grace of God by the gift of the holyspirit',he said, smiling briefly.
'Can I have it also', she asked him hungrily.
' Yes...', he started hestitantly, it was the first time someone would ask him for that,' you can have it'.
He sighed and asked her to stretch forth her hands. He held it, and prayed with her. Like wildfire she bursted into tongues, and was crying.
Ojuanu rushed in when she heard the voice.
' What happened?'.
' Are you a christain, ma'.
'Yes...', she said as she hold Paula, who though was conscious of what was happening but could not stop speaking in tongues.
'She just received the baptism of the holyspirit'.
' That's great... ', she said as she took her to another from her others near-death mate. She was there for an hour, not able to control her tongues, not that she could stop it but she enjoyed it. She was thanking God with her heart.
And so she became saved.
When she returned to the cell, to sit in the midst of others who were looking at her like she was a ghost, the people who used to fan came to fan.
' No... Don't'.
'O96...', she heard Ojuanu call from outside her cell.
' Yes...',she said as she rose from her sitting position to meet her, where she was standing outside the bars.
'That young man asked me to give this to you', she said presenting a bible to Sijuade. She smiled as she remembered her first Bible, which was given to her in the secondary school, the 'Gideon' bibles, those new testament. It was also the same given to her, small and portable.
She began devouring it, and loved to read it than she loved to eat.
She did not stop her act of love but kept on ruling, but instead of forcing people now, she preached to their heart. She was a good orator. When in secondary she had won many oratory competition for her school, and even as the senior girl, she had been able to win the hearts of many to do what she wanted through talking to the heart
She won many to christ, and encouraged many of them to keep their mind on God, not death nor what they have done.
Things were going on fine until one afternoon, when the new Warden came around, as if she was inspecting the women. She looked at Paula for a long time, and requested that they bring her along with her.
At first, Paula was afraid, but she prayed under her breathe to calm her nerves. She was then taken to a room in the office of the warden.
She was given a good food and was taken care of.
She was afraid and was thinking, when the night came in, making her sleep off.
She was sleeping when something caressed her body, she jumped up from the bed, and away from whatever it might be. The lights were off, she could only make out the outline of a man. He came to her, dragged her to the bed, amidst her shout, fight, cry and plea, and raped her.
She was taken back to her cell, where she cried her eyes out for days. She wished the hangsman would come for her the next day, she was tired of life, she just wanted to go back to God to ask him why was she the only one that was always facing trouble, whenever she thinks she was enjoying life again. At first, she did not want to tell anybody but when her crying became incessant, and when she refused to judge or encourage anybody, people were sent to her. The news was spread throughout the prison, but she was not concerend about her reputation.
Those that she had offended before her conversion saw it as an opportunity to mock her.
Those she had helped and encouraged see it as a time to repay her with encouraging words.
She got over it in no time, and was back to her feet,encouraging others. But whenever she sees the warden, she do cring into herself, most times praying that she was not harbouring any form of unforgiveness in her mind towards the woman.

It happened that the warden has been looking for child for years but was always losing the pregnancy, so she and her husband went to an herbalist who told her husband to look for someone that would die soon, and sleep with her,

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Glory Abah Read 27 Books In January / Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert / Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.