Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Obama Vs McCain Round 2 Of The Debates - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Vs McCain Round 2 Of The Debates (9698 Views)

Poll: Obama Vs McCain Round Two: Who Impressed You This Time?

Obama: 94% (96 votes)
McCain: 5% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread / Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Vs McCain Round 2 Of The Debates by kaypumpin2(m): 8:09pm On Oct 14, 2008
@kobo,

An atheist pinning me to a corner on any issue/quotes frm the bible is a no brainer.How many bible verses do they agree with in the first place?

Whatever part of the divide we found ourselves on the issue of the election'08,i can only wish americans well
Re: Obama Vs McCain Round 2 Of The Debates by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Oct 14, 2008
kay_pumpin:

@kobo,

An atheist pinning me to a corner on any issue/quotes frm the bible is a no brainer.How many bible verses do they agree with in the first place?

Whatever part of the divide we found ourselves on the issue of the election'08,i can only wish americans well

It is not about how many THEY agree with but how many YOU agree with. It is one thing to say you believe the Bible is the word for your religion and belief, but another for you to actually PROVE you believe what you say you do. I have met so many christians in my years on chat who profess to be real Christians but when an atheist who does not believe in God confronts them on reasons why they choose to believe some of the words in the Bible and refuseĀ  the rest, they cave. I posted a verse there where Jesus himself says he comes with the sword and he even goes on to say how when he comes back, he comes back to destroy those who are against him.

Can you explain to me how that verse is wrong?? And what Jesus meant when instead of saying they should not stone the woman, he instead said those without sin should cast the stone? There is no way you can explain this unless you go back to where this came from, which is the old testament and how the law is to be applied but I am willing to see you explain it without accepting Jesus himself referenced the codes of the old law in doing what he did.
Re: Obama Vs McCain Round 2 Of The Debates by chucksd: 6:33am On Oct 15, 2008
How Racism Works

> > What if John McCain were a former president of the Harvard Law Review?
> > What if Barack Obama finished fifth from the bottom of his graduating
> > class?

> > What if McCain were still married to the first woman he said 'I do' to?
> > What if Obama were the candidate who left his first wife after she no
> > longer measured up to his standards?

> > What if Michelle Obama were a wife who not only became addicted to
> > pain killers, but acquired them illegally through her charitable
> > organization?

> > What if Cindy McCain graduated from Harvard?

> > What if Obama were a member of the Keating-5?
> > What if McCain were a charismatic, eloquent speaker?

> > If these questions reflected reality, do you really believe the
> > election numbers would be as close as they are?

> > This is what racism does. It covers up, rationalizes and minimizes
> > positive qualities in one candidate and emphasizes negative qualities
> > in another when there is a color difference.

> > - Kelvin LaFond, Fort Worth

> > PS: What if Barack Obama had an unwed, pregnant teenage daughter,

Obama graduated from Columbia (political science) and Harvard at the top of his class- no Affirmative action needed! Was a law professor at U of C for 10 years, where he taught Constitutional law (all relevant to the presidency). Was in the Illinois senate for a number of years before the US senate. McCain graduated at the bottom of his class. Palin is a self proclaimed "pit bull" and "joe 6-pack". Got a bachelor's in communication from 6 different schools. Was govenor of Alaska for less than 2 years. Was mayor and needed a manager to run the city. Who are the affirmative action candidates?
Re: Obama Vs McCain Round 2 Of The Debates by princekevo(m): 8:18am On Oct 15, 2008
chucksd:

How Racism Works

> > What if John McCain were a former president of the Harvard Law Review?
> > What if Barack Obama finished fifth from the bottom of his graduating
> > class?

> > What if McCain were still married to the first woman he said 'I do' to?
> > What if Obama were the candidate who left his first wife after she no
> > longer measured up to his standards?

> > What if Michelle Obama were a wife who not only became addicted to
> > pain killers, but acquired them illegally through her charitable
> > organization?

> > What if Cindy McCain graduated from Harvard?

> > What if Obama were a member of the Keating-5?
> > What if McCain were a charismatic, eloquent speaker?

> > If these questions reflected reality, do you really believe the
> > election numbers would be as close as they are?

> > This is what racism does. It covers up, rationalizes and minimizes
> > positive qualities in one candidate and emphasizes negative qualities
> > in another when there is a color difference.

> > - Kelvin LaFond, Fort Worth

> > PS: What if Barack Obama had an unwed, pregnant teenage daughter,

Obama graduated from Columbia (political science) and Harvard at the top of his class- no Affirmative action needed! Was a law professor at U of C for 10 years, where he taught Constitutional law (all relevant to the presidency). Was in the Illinois senate for a number of years before the US senate. McCain graduated at the bottom of his class. Palin is a self proclaimed "pit bull" and "joe 6-pack". Got a bachelor's in communication from 6 different schools. Was govenor of Alaska for less than 2 years. Was mayor and needed a manager to run the city. Who are the affirmative action candidates?

GUd analysis mate!!!!At the begining of this topic i heard some saying we are in a civilised world as such racism has nothing to do with America's Election,where i watch an interview of a proffessor who openly said he cant vote for Obama jst because of his race. The truth of the whole matter is that a position that takes a white 1 step archieve,AS a black you must take 2 extral steps to achieve that same position.
Sometimes i wonder abt some stunched racist in America there can not even see the clear difference between Obama and Mc cain even at their economic policies.Mc cain have no future for America but most of them are blinded by the spirit or racism.
Re: Obama Vs McCain Round 2 Of The Debates by darfur(m): 4:18pm On Oct 15, 2008
anyone denying there is racism in the US presidential race is ignorant. and the most racist of them all may be these politicians-in-the-pulpit . and those using the bible to support death penalty may also try to use the bible to support slavery. . . ahaa, i forgot . . . even the devil quotes the bible . . . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Obama Vs McCain Round 2 Of The Debates by omoge(f): 5:53pm On Oct 15, 2008
dafur, you are right. it is most certain that they want MC to win this election. instead of them to give the Democrat a chance. They have been there 8 years now isn't it enough for some other party to come in (no matter who the person is). see how they show Palin all the time where is Biden?

it is MC they want and they will surely get him. I'm sure MC and Palin are not worried. their color will give them the white house. They only need to work a little just to show the world. They forget Obama is their own too, the way Palin is talking is like she does not know a white woman like herself gave birth to him, ummm life goes on sha.
Re: Obama Vs McCain Round 2 Of The Debates by KarmaMod(f): 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2008
The McCain Campaign is too negative? Let me guess, you do not live in America?

I've lived here longer than you and I say it's been VERY negative. Dirty poltics isnt new to this country but these people have gone overboard esp Palin's camp.

The irony is in the past McCain was always against such ways of campaigning. Guess a woman can make a man do anything.

and how come you have nothing to say about Ice Queen, Cindy McCain's idiotic comment that Obama/Biden are running "the dirtiest campaign ever in this country"
Re: Obama Vs McCain Round 2 Of The Debates by crisp: 1:13pm On Oct 16, 2008
@chucksd

Beautiful analysis! Racism is more often seen in things suppressed than in racist chants and banners; more in deprivation and indifference than all-out expressions of attack. Subtle but with strong impact.

The synonym for the whole analysis + more is Republicans!
Re: Obama Vs McCain Round 2 Of The Debates by MistiousX(f): 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2008
i really don't understand mc cains thoery of 'joe the plumer'
and some people are still voting because of the background that they are from
Re: Obama Vs McCain Round 2 Of The Debates by nazoB: 11:28pm On Oct 26, 2008
i sometimes think we are even more racist than them. we all know the big fuss is about colour.if obama was a white guy most people (me included) might not have cared a pin about him.anyhow,like i always tell my lil bro;why are we more concerned about their elections than ours? well i can't blame anybody ours isn't really much FUN.hEY I'M KIND OF NEW WHO IS FUN AND WHO IS NOT??

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Somalia Should Leave The African Union / Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) / Russia Shot Down Two US Ballistic Missiles Heading Towards The Syria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.