Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent (10527 Views)

When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? / Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education / If You Were Raised By Your Grand Parent, Oya Dedicate A Line To Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by dotuna3(m): 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
just this morning my mum called my attention to this that when last did i call her parent(my grand pa) i couldn't give her a straight answer as it has been long i did so. i was trying to remember and ended up framing a date which is not true. the question is this how often do we call our grand parent.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by STENON(f): 5:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
Oh My wonderful Grandparnts!!.......Thou they are no more bt I still Love them....

Back to ur questn....at least once in 3 days to the extent that my Grandmum waited for me to come back frm sch, ate my food that night, woke me up very early the folloing day and started prayering for me.......And that wz the end....she died in my arms......

38 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by dotuna3(m): 6:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
STENON: Oh My wonderful Grandparnts!!.......Thou they are no more bt I still Love them....

Back to ur questn....at least once in 3 days to the extent that my Grandmum waited for me to come back frm sch, ate my food that night, woke me up very early the folloing day and started prayering for me.......And that wz the end....she died in my arms......
Wao touching..... May her soul rest in peace

14 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by EfemenaXY: 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
Not often enough when they were alive - especially my nan...sigh..

I remember fondly that lady admonishing me for not getting her the latest mobile phone even though she was in her 90's then! shocked shocked grin grin

I miss her loads though. Rest In Peace, mama. kiss kiss kiss

8 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by dotuna3(m): 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
Efemenaxy1: Not often enough when they were alive - especially my nan...sigh..

I remember fondly that lady admonishing me for not getting her the latest mobile phone even though she was in her 90's then! shocked shocked grin grin

I miss her loads though. Rest In Peace, mama. kiss kiss kiss
She must be looking for phone tocall heaven for sit reservation. Just joking oo grin

8 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by EfemenaXY: 8:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
dotuna3:
She must be looking for phone tocall heaven for sit reservation. Just joking oo grin

Lol!

On the contrary, she said she wanted to show off that her's was better than her friends' cheesy How many 90 something-year-olds do that? smiley

10 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 3:52am On Jul 08, 2014
Lost all my grannies to the cold hands of death.

Until the last one died early this year, she was cool and always wanted me to come to her room for gist.

She would tell me how their lives were almost a century ago.

She would tell me Iko grin *That's what she calls me* Husband.

"Pls don't leave her (my ex fiancé), don't act based on rumour. Starting a new relationship won't be easy and then the one million dollar question; she said and what's the guarantee that the new girl would be any better?".

sad She prays and gives me blessing everyday... Would even try to dash me money sometimes hahahahaha... cheesy

And then suddenly she fell sick. while on her sick bed, she told my mum it was time to go, we thought she was joking... She blessed my mum, sent her regards to me and she left. sad sad wish I was present beside her sick bed. Nènè I missed her a lot.

15 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Johnnoo(m): 7:36am On Jul 08, 2014
emmyrichie: Lost all my grannies to the cold hands of death.
Me too
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by henryobinna(m): 7:38am On Jul 08, 2014
for them who have grannies embarassed

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Iamoilprince(m): 7:39am On Jul 08, 2014
I aint got any! cry

4 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Akbee(m): 7:39am On Jul 08, 2014
they r all dead n gone except for my paternal grannny who just clocked 98 years...I FOR CALL HER BUT SHE NO WAN USE PHONE..OLD SCHOOL STUFF..BUT I DO VISIT her FREQUENTLY.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by AMAKAVIOLA: 7:39am On Jul 08, 2014
I'll make it frequent when she gets use to mordern facilities. ...

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by datguru: 7:40am On Jul 08, 2014
Never........ cry
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Titilayodeji13(m): 7:41am On Jul 08, 2014
I call my grama every saturday tho,not only her the grand mother of my wife too,I do call dem every saturday.

6 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Krak(m): 7:41am On Jul 08, 2014
I no longer have grandparents. They have all gone to the great beyond long before the advent of gsm technology

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by ossaisly(m): 7:42am On Jul 08, 2014
It depends on how close one has been with them. These days many people don't even know theirs coz of the alleged wickedness in the village. sad But one the other hand, i prefer visiting them to calling.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 08, 2014
No mobile fones wen they where around. I barely even know/rememba them.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by freshness2020: 7:42am On Jul 08, 2014
Once in every week...
But my old woman D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ tey b4 she pick!
Dat one sef anoda tin.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by tuffgongjo(m): 7:43am On Jul 08, 2014
They are all off this plane.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 08, 2014
I am so Guilty.

I used to call my grand ma every week before but then i lost her number, she calls me once in a while.
Even if i don't really speak my language, she enjoys the fact that i try to speak it with her and even teases me when i make a mistake.

I miss those days and i will definitely bring them back.

4 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by valboy20(m): 7:45am On Jul 08, 2014
mission make front page achieved..

next mission: FTC

by the way i call my grandma once in a blue moon
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:45am On Jul 08, 2014
My Dad used to remind me to call Her. But since He Left to Rest with Jesus, ive only called Her once.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Sezua(m): 7:46am On Jul 08, 2014
me nd my maternal grandma re really close. she raised me till i was 10!

4 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by xynerise: 7:46am On Jul 08, 2014
Can't remember embarassed
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Businesslocator(m): 7:46am On Jul 08, 2014
NA who get grand parents dey call them ni
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by johnwizey: 7:47am On Jul 08, 2014
Once in a blue film

5 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by TheBigUrban2: 7:48am On Jul 08, 2014
Is the op a child?

Grandparents wey don die tey tey........no be everyone wey get parents talkless of grandparents

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by livingstoneony(m): 7:48am On Jul 08, 2014
been very long I spoke to them... and some people dnt have grand parents anymore n I dnt call mine... cry #embarrassed
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by valboy20(m): 7:48am On Jul 08, 2014
STENON: Oh My wonderful Grandparnts!!.......Thou they are no more bt I still Love them....

wanna cry after reading this buh had to comport myself when I remembered imma big boy. and hey it's praying BTW

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by kossyablaze(m): 7:48am On Jul 08, 2014
Na only one remain o!We don't communicate cuz we don buy am up to 5 phones buh she go lose am after 3weeks,so we stopped.Buh we visit her often tho.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Mariojane(f): 7:49am On Jul 08, 2014
lets see

like never

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Describe Your Dad In Two Words. / Why Won't He Treat Her As A Queen All The Days Of His Life? / Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.