Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Ladies Lets Wisen Up! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Lets Wisen Up! (2444 Views)

Fixed / Ladies Wisen Up!! / Ladies Lets Not Mistake A Nice Guy For A Mugu!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Smartiegurl(f): 1:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
The purpose of this write up is to point out some possible reasons why some of our girls end up having unwanted pregnancies and broken marriages!

Yeah, this is the ladies must brace up article!
Just some days back I saw one of ma age mate with her baby, and I was shocked to hear from a source that she hasn't gotten married yet, she probably got pregnant for a man......and that led me to thinking, knowing she's not just the only one in that situation!
I have lost questions to ask and I can't but imagine the future of these little children, they are probably out of this crucial world to suffer because they won't get Their basic needs as kids.....I can't but feel pity for them.

Now, In full.
OUR PARENTS: Mothers especially should see to the well being of Their girl children, some mothers fail to show Their girls the right part and they end up messing their selves around.....I know a few friends in ma neighbourhood who can go anywhere they want to go at any time they wish, at first I was envious of them, nursing the thought that I was been caged at home nd never allowed the freedom of movement. I can proudly say that ma mum raised me well, though I ain't a St. but then she did a good job in my growing up! At home ma freedom was restricted and I will have to give full details of wherever it is I wanna go to, so I grew up so scared of visiting anyone without ma peoples consent.....and I could not help but wonder how ma friends do it....They seem to enjoy life and have their fun. Recently, I got to realise that these girls were giving a free hand and I shouldn't get surprise at the outcome. To me, if all Mothers are like mine, I doubt if we will have stories like this to tell....yeah m proud of my mummy. Her words nd teachings keeps me going even if I was far from her!

Now, if a girl brought up this way by her parents gets pregnant and gives birth to another girl-child, tell me, what could be the future of that child, do you think she will raise her knowing she wasn't raised well herself? So you see, I can't really blame ladies like this...but then there is no good reason for a bad behaviour.

GIRLS IN THE CITY: Most girls in the city seems to hav grown wild and difficult to control...a good girl who goes close to these girls is as good as corrupt! Some girls can feel left out when their friends start to have boyfriends, girls who have started having sex earlier can often talk about it enough to make others feel left out. However, if you do not stand ur ground and wait until you know you are ready, you will be glad of it, it means you'll have waited for the right person and the right time.

Now, the write up is getting more longer.....ofcourse it should be..lolzzz, relax nd read more!

UNEDUCATED PARENTS AND CHILDREN: I wonder what anyone could expect from people like this...they lack basic information and technique on how to help themselves and u can't honestly blame them. The girls in this category can be easily talked to doing anything and I wonder how this kind of message can be passed down to them. How can they be adviced? How can they be helped? Now, these questions continue racing up in ma mind and I could but wish everyone can have access to the social media! I aslo know a few girls in this category that have made their fathers house a place for kids. They tend to give birth almost every 2-3years making life miserable for themselves. My concern is just the kids because they are really gon suffer! Once again am glad I have educated persons as parents!

Lastly.....LEARN TO SAY NO: There is no harm in saying no to what you really do not want...I have learnt to speak for my self, I no longer live in the world where I can be forced into doing what I don't wanna do. Yeah, even though ma brothers nd parents still see me as a kid but I always do things that make them realise that am no longer a child and am capable of doing things on ma own so long as what m doing is right! Whenever am in the right track, I don't get scared because I know how right I am! So girls brace up and learn how to speak up and say NO. Do things when you think u wanna do it, don't do it because u were talked into it! Let's grow up is 2014! Shalom everyone! Drop your own way of helping please! Really been a while here, I missed you guys!
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Rapmoney(m): 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2014
As you dey tell dem say make dem say 'NO' to sex, make you still tell dem say make dem take am easy dey chop guymen money. Remember say person wey dey order anyhow for fiesta, chicken, turkey lap, ice cream, and burger, dey get belle anyhow too o! grin

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Eyepencil: 1:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
Why dis guy carry d toilet key comot nah angry
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by xynerise: 1:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
Even if 100% of girls read this, only 2% will get the drill. The remaining 98% will just be like the man who looks at a mirror and forgets what he looks like.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
hmm.
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
Rapmoney: As you dey tell dem say make dem say 'NO' to sex, make you still tell dem say make dem take am easy dey chop guymen money. Remember say person wey dey order anyhow for fiesta, chicken, turkey lap, ice cream, and burger, dey get belle anyhow too o! grin
are you serious?
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by KelvinGraphics(m): 2:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
claireshan: are you serious?
Nah, he is joking or Are U a victim??shocked
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
Hmmmmm
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Lorlaahlozz: 4:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
Xtarxhyne: Hmmmmm
shey o ti gbo
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by petkoffDrake(m): 4:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
jus need grlfrnds on my bbm. 7A694B0A. dat all
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: shey o ti gbo
Me and you ti gbo
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by lilmax(m): 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
Rapmoney: As you dey tell dem say make dem say 'NO' to sex, make you still tell dem say make dem take am easy dey chop guymen money. Remember say person wey dey order anyhow for fiesta, chicken, turkey lap, ice cream, and burger, dey get belle anyhow too o! grin
@op also add this write up to your article

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 07, 2014
who defines good and bad? you?
what is the right way to raise a kid? your way?
you did not get pregnant therefore you were raised well
she got pregnant therefore she was not raised well
i'd love to hear your views on narcissism

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Rapmoney(m): 10:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
claireshan: are you serious?

Yes na. Serious is an understatement.
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Smartsyn(m): 10:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
xynerise: Even if 100% of girls read this, only 2% will get the drill. The remaining 98% will just be like the man who looks at a mirror and forgets what he looks like.
what are you saying, who told you that upto 100% of girls will read this to the end..

Say only 2% will read and 98% will be like "long post".

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 08, 2014
Rapmoney:

Yes na. Serious is an understatement.
for your mind abi
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by princesa(f): 8:02am On Jul 08, 2014
Advice everywhere for the girls. Na we sin pass? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Elnino4ladies: 8:46am On Jul 08, 2014
Summary pls...dt shiit is 2 lng
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Rapmoney(m): 10:04am On Jul 08, 2014
claireshan: for your mind abi

Before nko? grin
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Nkem88(f): 11:18am On Jul 08, 2014
In your bid to share wisdom, you generalized and were judgmental.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Nkem88(f): 11:18am On Jul 08, 2014
princesa: Advice everywhere for the girls. Na we sin pass? undecided

I wonder.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Nkem88(f): 11:48am On Jul 08, 2014
Where to start sef.

The world isn't as black and white as you're making it seen. A girl raised in a type A house with type A parents has the same odds of getting pregnant as a girl raised in a type B house with type B parents. All either of them have to do is lay in bed with a man at the right time.

What I think one of the biggest problems is in terms of unwanted pregnancies is lack of sexual education from parents, peers (yes, peers), and schools.

Sexual education/health is one topic many parents shy away from discussing, and, unfortunately, it's one discussion that must be had. Sex is an awesome thing to many, but without safety comes risks. Parents are supposed to be wiser and more experienced than their children, so words of ADVICE rather than instruction, are necessary. I say advice because often times telling teens and young adults "no" is pushing them to do exactly what parents don't want them doing. If you wish they'd rather wait, then tell them so and give them your reasons. You should also discuss contraception even if you don't want your daughters being active so that they know there are options. It doesn't give them a pass to be reckless, but if they're going to do it, let them be smart and prepared.

You were raised with restrictions. As was I. I can tell you, as an adult, however, that I won't be raising my daughters the same way. Everything is key in moderation. Sure, I stayed indoors and was the good girl and envy to others. However, I was a mumu. I may have been brainy, but my peers were years ahead of me in a type of intelligence that's just as important as book/school smarts: street smarts.

I can go on and on about how I made the most unwise decisions once I left for university, but I wan sleep. Bottom line is that well-rounded people tend to fair better than others with only one or two strengths, be it at home or in the workplace. While parents shouldn't allow their kids to go out and be menaces to society, socializing isn't a bad thing. They'll be out in the real world on their own at some point, so let them experience it while they can still adapt. Experience will only make them wiser and more confident in their decision making, including their ability to say "no", especially to peer pressure. You can't keep a dog inside from puppy years to adulthood, and then expect it to go outside and survive with other dogs wey sabi road.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by yenex1(f): 11:51am On Jul 08, 2014
nice write up op but you are being judgemental. your mum raised you up well but caging a girl too much is very bad. when she is set free at a certain age she will want to experiment and catch fun and sometimes unluckily for her she gets pregnant.
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Alikaxon(m): 8:28pm On Jul 08, 2014
The op has said well.... Others has made their contribution, but it shouldn't come by castigating the op. The op is only talking in the interest of all girls and mothers, and the earlier girls that 'll read this acknowledges her effor, the better for them. Yes, girls; learn to say NO!!! And stand by it. A couple of girls has said NO to me, and I was proud to respect their choice
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Smartiegurl(f): 2:13pm On Jul 10, 2014
Alikaxon: The op has said well.... Others has made their contribution, but it shouldn't come by castigating the op. The op is only talking in the interest of all girls and mothers, and the earlier girls that 'll read this acknowledges her effor, the better for them. Yes, girls; learn to say NO!!! And stand by it. A couple of girls has said NO to me, and I was proud to respect their choice
thanks to you dearie, this was encouraging!! Thanks again.
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 15, 2014
Girls are still saying yes oo. No is not in their dictionary. They still say yes to credit, ice cream, shawama, chocolate, pizza, Dubai trip. How can they now say no to..... undecided.
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
Smartsyn: what are you saying, who told you that upto 100% of girls will read this to the end..

Say only 2% will read and 98% will be like "long post".
. Exactly wat I did, but I didn't only say long post. I added long tory to it. Ok we don hear. Neeeeeeext!
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Alikaxon(m): 6:09pm On Jul 16, 2014
rozzay: . Exactly wat I did, but I didn't only say long post. I added long tory to it. Ok we don hear. Neeeeeeext!
You re not smart
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
Alikaxon: You re not smart
I'm not smart but am d smartest, I repeat long post. U have a problem wit me?
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Youngpo413: 3:35pm On Nov 06, 2014
xynerise:
Even if 100% of girls read this, only 2% will get the drill. The remaining 98% will just be like the man who looks at a mirror and forgets what he looks like.

they are called fishbrains for nothing...
Re: Ladies Lets Wisen Up! by Youngpo413: 3:43pm On Nov 06, 2014
Welldone Op

(1) (Reply)

December Break Up Excuses! / My GF Now Wears YANSH / Drivin Masters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.