Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,878 members, 7,838,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Desperate Spinsters Ripe For Exploitation - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Desperate Spinsters Ripe For Exploitation (939 Views)

Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. / Seven Sects Of Spinsters / Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desperate Spinsters Ripe For Exploitation by zboyd: 12:55am On Jul 08, 2014
BY "Jules"

It is no longer news that the singular or most important ambition of most Nigerian girls is to "grow up and marry". Often times, girls who remain single after their 20's are looked down on and treated as lesser humans. Some Nigerian churches have now taken to exploiting single ladies.

According to the Linda Ikeji Blog, the pastor of a branch of Winners Chapel in Enugu during a church service asked all the single women to wear wedding dresses to church if they want to get married this year.

The following week, single women stormed the church service in wedding dresses. Some bridal houses came to church that day and rented wedding dresses to women who couldn't get one before then. Fully clad in wedding dresses, the women were asked to sit in front and receive special prayers with seed sowing involved.

Nairaland also did a report on a church in Onitsha, Anambra state where single ladies flock to on Friday night for weekly prayers to hook-up young men. The church which is known as known as Canaan Land Deliverance Church a.k.a Land of Miracles demands that the single girls seeking marriage take their clothes off in an open church so that they can break marriage curses.

The single ladies are also compelled to pay a consultation fee of N50,000 before participation in the church rituals and a miracle fee of N200,000 and above depending on the caliber of husband the woman hopes to attract. Payments can be made at once or in installments, ladies who pay in in installments are forced to take oath with the pastor using their menstrual blood which the pastor will collect & keep. If the individual refuses to pay, she will be visited with barrenness or instant death.

During the service, the Pastor anoints the foreheads & private parts of the single ladies proclaiming that any man who comes in contact with them that the Olive oil will stick to them and marry them.

Source: nigerianbulletin.com
Re: Desperate Spinsters Ripe For Exploitation by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 08, 2014
Hiiaaaaaa!!! All these one for marriage? Chai!b I pity women no be small; Thank Jah 4 making me a mann I could choose to get married wen I want;
Re: Desperate Spinsters Ripe For Exploitation by Nobody: 6:13am On Jul 08, 2014
Re: Desperate Spinsters Ripe For Exploitation by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 08, 2014
Chai! dia is God ooooo.
Re: Desperate Spinsters Ripe For Exploitation by corisande: 8:17am On Jul 08, 2014
grin Miracle fee #2oo thaaaaasan
Anointing private parts kwa?
Wetin person no go hear for Nigeria

people need serious reorientation!
How desperate can one get
See exploitation from this pervert of a pastor
Re: Desperate Spinsters Ripe For Exploitation by ednut1(m): 8:24am On Jul 08, 2014
hahahahaha hilarious.
Re: Desperate Spinsters Ripe For Exploitation by hardbody: 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2014
I do not blame the pastors, first i blame the society that puts those ladies under such pressure and then the ladies for being that gullible and stupid. who says they must marry? one of my cousins is there and not married yet, we dont insult or make life difficult for her. Anyways, families differ and illiteracy has its part to play.

No woman or even man should be derided for not getting married, it is very pre-historic. People should be allowed to choose their course and if eventually one has to marry, let it be a union that should bring joy, happiness and comfort.

Although i don't quite believe in the post sha. At least not in everything written there

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Fix A Bad Kisser / Annoying Moments / Marriageable NLanders, Both Toasters N Toastees, You MUST Know Your Genotype!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.