Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. (13469 Views)

11 Things Nigerian Spinsters Are Tired Of Hearing / Counter Thread: 10 Reasons Why Nigerian Girls Suck At Relationships / My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by Toks2008(m): 10:56am On Nov 07, 2015
It is widely believed that it is a man's responsibility to take care of the lady in his life and in my opinion i see absolutely nothing wrong in this and i always tell any guy that even if his lady makes 1million naira a month,he should still make it a duty to take care of her and give her whatever he can afford to make her feel happy and also to maintain his place as the man hence the need for any real man out there to understand that taking care of your woman is sacrosanct in order to be a real man and not a figure head.

However,it has become very appalling that many ladies have taken this for granted and have put their hope in getting a man who is financially prepared to take care of them and have totally forgotten the fact that they are also expected to be an independent entity and even more worrisome is the ideology of some ladies that they now prefer to be with a man that has "potentials" as though they are totally hopeless in getting the best out of life.

This write up is not for greedy vultures who despite making a decent living will still want to suck a man dry but for the decent average disciplined Nigerian lady so i present to you 6 good reasons why it is very vital for our unmarried ladies to have something doing that can at least bring in a daily profit as little as N2,000 on the average for a start.

1. You have the confidence to be with a man for the right reasons: I have seen many ladies claim they love a guy they would never have considered in their dreams And this has nothing to do with the man in love with them but he is ready to spend on them and because they are so financially vulnerable,they easily fall prey to a man who has no desire for them but just their body.But if you have something doing that at least takes care of your minimal needs,you will be able to say YES to man for the right reasons and not because of what he has.

2. Unmarried men now prefer a financially independent lady: Yes it is no longer a fashionable thing for guys to crave for ladies who have nothing doing just as ladies have phobia for guys in same category.I am not talking about secondary school or campus romance but if you really need a man who has a sincere desire to make you his,then you better get your ass right and start doing something to earn a living no matter how small.

3.It boosts your self value:Do you know that guys respect a lady who does not ask for recharge cards,money to make her hair,money to buy this or that? Oh Yes that guy may not care and i really don't too but trust me,even if i have to give you a weekly or monthly allowance,you better be making something for yourself no matter how little so that i will give you that allowance with some respect for you knowing that if i don't give you,it won't affect you in anyway.Ladies who are financially independent are hardly jilted by their guys because men see them as great assets and not liabilities.

4.You have the propensity to follow your dreams:Oh yes when you make your money,no man can make you his puppet(Not saying you should be arrogant) because he will hear you when you speak and you can decide to make your own decisions about your life and aspirations but if you depend on your Bfriend,fiancé or hubby for money,you will involuntarily see yourself yielding to his demands knowing that going against his wish is tantamount to being broke.

5.You become a real help meet for a man and not a parasite:Yes GOD made you as a woman to be a help meet for a man and even if no sane man should expect to eat from your sweat.shits happen in life and a man who is full of life,energy and plans may find himself in a crazy situation and at times like this,you play a good role by helping him out while you also pray to GOD to resuscitate his finance and this means if as a spinster you are independent,you will definitely catch the fancy of many men.

Whether you are still a student in the secondary or tertiary institution,you can still be financially independent and YES we know how harsh the economy is but trust me,if you think deep and become more purposeful,you will see something you can do that can bring in at least average of 1000naira on daily basis which is a good start.

6. It will be a sure proof that indeed there is gender equality: This needs no long explanation as we are tired of hearing about gender equality yet the ladies still depend on the men folk to take care of them as well as the children they both brought to the world but when you are financially independent,gender equality becomes a practical thing to reckon with.After-all,what a man can do,a woman can do even better according to the songs of the ladies.

Just trying to make sense and i hope this helps.

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by elantraceey(f): 11:01am On Nov 07, 2015
Nice points

6: You won't be tagged a gold digger.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by Toks2008(m): 11:03am On Nov 07, 2015
elantraceey:
Nice points

6: You won't be tagged a gold digger.

Yeah thats part of boosting your self value

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by Nziwujo(m): 11:10am On Nov 07, 2015
Wel said op i wish Ladies ll stick to this Nice write up
Here in North is a different thing entirely they depend on you for virtually everything and trust Igbo guys,guys being sharging since time imemorial as long as you have your coin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by CaroLyner(f): 12:00pm On Nov 07, 2015
7)It helps you recover from unexpected
setbacks. Job lay-offs, sickness, family emergencies,
calamity damages–all of these are real-world
scenarios that you will encounter at some point
in your life. And they’re not just super
stressful, but they’re also huge financial burdens. If you have a nest egg, you’ll be
better equipped to deal with these sudden
events without breaking the bank or resorting
to high-interest loans. You’ll have fewer money
worries and you’ll be able to bounce back
faster.

8 ). It enables you to spend guilt-free on
what you want. It’s easier to enjoy what life has to offer if you
already have money set aside for your needs,
possible emergencies, and other necessary
stuff. You can afford to indulge on your luho– whether it be fashion, gadgets, or travel–
because you are financially secure and not
living paycheck to paycheck. cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by Toks2008(m): 5:05pm On Nov 07, 2015
CaroLyner:
7)It helps you recover from unexpected
setbacks. Job lay-offs, sickness, family emergencies,
calamity damages–all of these are real-world
scenarios that you will encounter at some point
in your life. And they’re not just super
stressful, but they’re also huge financial burdens. If you have a nest egg, you’ll be
better equipped to deal with these sudden
events without breaking the bank or resorting
to high-interest loans. You’ll have fewer money
worries and you’ll be able to bounce back
faster.

cool. It enables you to spend guilt-free on
what you want. It’s easier to enjoy what life has to offer if you
already have money set aside for your needs,
possible emergencies, and other necessary
stuff. You can afford to indulge on your luho– whether it be fashion, gadgets, or travel–
because you are financially secure and not
living paycheck to paycheck. cheesy

Interesting...

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by CaroLyner(f): 5:21pm On Nov 07, 2015
Toks2008:

Interesting...
smiley
Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 07, 2015
Nyc points u got there, every woman should strive for independence and financial security, be it a single or married woman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by Toks2008(m): 7:08pm On Nov 07, 2015
CaroLyner:

smiley lalasticlala what do you think.

LOL! Honestly im not a front page freak and i have countless bloggers who share my threads on their blogs whether it gets to nairaland front page or not.

There is no gain saying that 8 out of 10 threads i create is worth sharing on the front page for people to learn and this is why i laugh most times when i see some funny threads on front page which is suggestive of the mindset of the mods that handle various sections of nairaland and furthermore i believe that all my threads can not possibly make front page.

Asides from the romance section which i see as more original in front page contents.My advice to nairaland mods on other sections is that they should be more original in what they bring to front page and not wait for other blogs to place a content before lifting it as many contents of famous blogs are repeated on nairaland which is not only appalling but very inappropriate as we have more than enough original contents on nairaland by nairalanders which can easily make an interesting front page material.

So please just learn from what i post here and care less whether it gets to the front page or not cos as i wrote,I am not a front page freak.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by CaroLyner(f): 11:39pm On Nov 07, 2015
[quote author=Toks2008 post=39782866]

LOL! Honestly im not a front page freak and i have countless bloggers who share my threads on their blogs whether it gets to nairaland front page or not.

There is no gain saying that 8 out of 10 threads i create is worth sharing on the front page for people to learn and this is why i laugh most times when i see some funny threads on front page which is suggestive of the mindset of the mods that handle various sections of nairaland and furthermore i believe that all my threads can not possibly make front page.

Asides from the romance section which i see as more original in front page contents.My advice to nairaland mods on other sections is that they should be more original in what they bring to front page and not wait for other blogs to place a content before lifting it as many contents of famous blogs are repeated on nairaland which is not only appalling but very inappropriate as we have more than enough original.

oh gotten....
thanks for explaining smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by bookworm07(m): 11:49pm On Nov 07, 2015
Still waitin for a lady to kick against dis thread, make i use plank scatter her back

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by Toks2008(m): 3:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
bookworm07:
Still waitin for a lady to kick against dis thread, make i use plank scatter her back

lol

awhen you see a thread about ladies with very few ladies commenting then that thread is rally on point concerniing them.
Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by bookworm07(m): 10:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
Toks2008:

lol

awhen you see a thread about ladies with very few ladies commenting then that thread is rally on point concerniing them.
Exactly
Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by kingzx0(m): 9:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nice one, not like those who sees ur money and tags it 'our money' but responsibility 'yours' . Women with liability mentality should just disappear from this planet

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by Toks2008(m): 9:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
kingzx0:
Nice one, not like those who sees ur money and tags it 'our money' but responsibility 'yours' . Women with liability mentality should just disappear from this planet

My broda please let us ask these hopeless money mongers these very important questions:

Why will a parent spend so much money to send a girl child to school just for her to finish and still have the mindset of getting a made guy?

Is there anything more special in a boy child that makes him better than a girl child in the act of making money and success out of life considering the fact that we all grew up in the same world and had the same educational qualification?

Any lady who does not have the sense of self reliance and self determination to succeed in life should simple go and drown herself in the lagoon rather than living a hopeless life of looking for a made guy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by Toks2008(m): 4:21pm On Jan 05, 2016
Egbon lalasticlala and sis ishilove come take a look.
Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by Monalisa185(f): 4:32pm On Jan 05, 2016
grin
Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by Toks2008(m): 4:58pm On Jan 05, 2016
Monalisa185:
grin

Abi no be so fine sis?
Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by octopusfreaky(f): 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2016
undecided
Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 05, 2016
lovely piece

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by KimBerlyie: 5:29pm On Jan 05, 2016
smiley
Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by MzzTega(f): 5:41pm On Jan 05, 2016
Good one.
Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by Monalisa185(f): 5:43pm On Jan 05, 2016
Toks2008:

Abi no be so fine sis?
so you want to SISTER-ZONE me now abi?
Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by Toks2008(m): 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2016
Monalisa185:

so you want to SISTER-ZONE me now abi?
LOBATAN...
sorry my honey pie,infact my one and only chocolatecandy.lol
Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by deeswagger: 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
Left to me its not like this ladies you all tag gold diggers don't want to make something of there life or get rich, but the situation they find themselves isn't gonna let that happen... Most not all though

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by Jelo4kul(m): 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
If ladyF can be independent, I see no reason why other spinsters shouldn't be?
Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by Akosxxx(m): 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2016
hmmm
Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by dhejykeane: 6:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
Everybody needs to be independent as things are now
Check my signature
Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by djWALE(m): 6:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
Nigerian girls nor go hear jare...pls talk bou smtin else
Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by kelvyn7: 6:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
A spinster is an unmarried woman who is past the usual age for marrying and is considered unlikely to marry.

An 18-year-old single woman would not be considered a spinster in contemporary language, but a single, 40-year-old woman may be considered a spinster. Several dictionaries flag it as a derogatory term. A synonymous, but more pejorative, term is Old Maid. (Wiki)

Let's mind our use of words.

Nice Write up. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. by agarawu23(m): 6:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Does A Woman Feel If She Reamins A Virgin Till Married? / Sex Positions And Their Weird Names / Giving/borrowing Money To Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.