Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

What Is LOVE? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is LOVE? (2195 Views)

What Is Love! / Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? / What Is Love All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is LOVE? by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 08, 2014
I have come to realize that a lot of Nigerians do not understand that word 'Love'.The word has been so overused,now it has lost not only it's taste,but also its true value.In my university days,i watch as youths misuse that powerful word.I watched as they love and after few weeks,you begin to ask questions like,"what happened to the last?"We fall in love,make empty promises and then it's all gone...like it never happened!If there is one thing we need to understand about love,it's clearly the fact that ' love is pain'' too.Love do not only bring joy,it also bring pains.A cry of a woman in labour brings so much pains,as she struggle in tears,screaming and cursing,pushing out that which she has nursed with love and joyful expectation for months is love.In our relationships,we must learn to be truly honest with our feelings.Until we learn to love the bad and weakness in others,we cannot achieve the true meaning of the greatest commandment if all.
Nigerians!When will you give way to love.When will you go out of your way to show love to that orphan in rags,the hawkers shouting in your streets,the AIDS victims lying and waiting for the appointed time,that haggard looking woman roasting corn behind your multi-million dollars twin duplexes,that weary young man trekking the high ways looking lost,worn out and hopeless.You see,it takes ONLY a loving heart to see the pains in others.Have you ever taken time to look around your environment and see the sufferings in our societies.Have you ever had the experience of watching a beaten man die?will your loving face be the last he sees,as you clutch on a lifeless hand of a hopeless man?if I was going to spend so much on some irrelevant drinks in an expensive club and still watch a young man running after my luxurious car all in a bid to sell his peanuts,i should be ashamed.What stops you from taking numbers,calling and helping afterwards.'Love is pain".The pain of looking you on bended knees,tears flowing ,but a once weary soul healing!such is the greatest of all.Such are remembered forever in the sands of time.Lets make death easy by making love triumph.Lets open up our hearts and cry with the bereaved. Let's take our birthdays to the homes of the unloved.Lets unite with those who we are at loggerheads with.Lets have good intentions all the time with people we do not know. Let's save our children and the girl- child.Lets be our brothers keeper.Lets take our food to the hungry in our streets!
Our conscience should we rule with love.Wives,take a good look at him while he sleeps,does he deserves it?Believe me when I say it's the same thing to murder him while he sleeps.Husbands,watch her closely as she tends to your kids,and take that promise.Believe me when I say it's the same as you murder her while she is fully awake.Its a needless effort to ignore a loving heart.
To our women, when was the last time you gave a lift to that young woman on the roadside? How then do you feel betrayed when your husband or partner decides to show love to her even with conditions?Lets love ourselves first,before seeking for the love from an opposite sex.Life is beautiful!i say this because I have seen true meanings of love.I have once seen the tears of a young boy.I have seen concealed pains shown.I cried too because I felt his pains,i cried because I felt my own pains too.In the end,i walked quietly home with the freest soul of all...I pray I die some day holding the loving hands of a loving being.

2 Likes

Re: What Is LOVE? by dre11(m): 8:51am On Jul 08, 2014
JESUS is love........

We humans are just only trying to love
And we just trying to know the meaning of love daily

4 Likes

Re: What Is LOVE? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 08, 2014
dre11: JESUS is love........

We humans are just only trying to love
And we just trying to know the meaning of love daily

There is clear difference between understanding love first,trying to love,and eventually loving. The last which is exactly what I am preaching here.

1 Like

Re: What Is LOVE? by Mynd44: 8:58am On Jul 08, 2014
Love is an excuse for men to get laid and for women to extort money undecided undecided cheesy wink cool cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: What Is LOVE? by tobiboss(m): 8:59am On Jul 08, 2014
^^ he has said it all, fullstop
Re: What Is LOVE? by dre11(m): 9:01am On Jul 08, 2014
lynpetra:

There is clear difference between understanding love first,trying to love,and eventually loving. The last which is exactly what I am preaching here.

actually i was reponding to ur title.........

But to be truthfull....
A lot of people have mis-understood the concept of lust, infactuation, likeness, wants to love......
So, thats the begining of the problem...

If people understands this terminologies and used ot rightly, the better

but, make we talk true....... if a guy does not speak the language of love to the ladies ear....... how will she accept himangry even if thats not what he feelsundecided
Re: What Is LOVE? by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:06am On Jul 08, 2014
lynpetra: I have come to realize that a lot of Nigerians do not understand that word 'Love'.The word has been so overused,now it has lost not only it's taste,but also its true value.

In my university days, i watch as youths misuse that powerful word.I was as they love and after few weeks,you begin to ask questions like,"what happened to the last? "We fall in love,make empty promises and then it's all gone...like it never happened!If there one thing we need to understand about love,it's clearly the fact that ' love is pain'' too.

Love do not only bring joy,it also bring pain.A cry of a woman in labour brings so much pains,as she struggle in tears,screaming and cursing,pushing out that which she has nursed with love and joyful expectation for months is love.In our relationships,we must learn to be truly honest with our feelings.Until we learn to love the bad and weakness in others,we cannot achieve the true meaning of the greatest commandment if all.

Nigerians! When will you give way to love. When will you go out of your way to show live to that orphan in rags, the hawkers shouting in your streets,the AIDS victim lying and waiting for the appointed time, that haggard looking woman roasting corn behind your multi-million dollars twin duplexes, that weary young man trekking the high ways looking, looking lost,worn out and hopeless.

You see,it takes ONLY a loving heart to see the pains in others. Have ever taken time to look around your environment and see the sufferings in our societies.
Have you ever had the experience of watching a beaten man die?will your loving face be the last he sees,as you clutch on a lifeless hand of a hopeless man?

if I was going to spend so much on some irrelevant drinks in an expensive club and still watch a young man running after my luxurious car all in a bid to sell his peanuts,i should be ashamed. What stops you from taking numbers,calling and helping afterwards.

'Love is pain". The pain of looking you on bended knees,tears flowing but a once weary soul healing!such is the greatest of all. Such are remembered forever in the sands of time.

Lets make death easy by making live triumph. Lets open up our heart and cry with the bereaved. Let's take our birthdays to the homes if the unloved. Lets unite with those who we are at loggerheads with.Lets have good intentions all the time with people we do not know. Let's save our children and the girl- child.Lets be our brothers keeper. Lets take our food to the hungry in our streets!

Our conscience should we rule with love. Wives,take a good look at him while he sleeps,does he deserves it?Believe me when I say it's the same thing to murder him while he sleeps.Husbands,watch her closely as she tends to your kids,and take that promise.Believe me when I say it's the same as you murder her while she is fully awake.Its a needless effort to ignore a loving heart.

To our women, when was the last time you gave a lift to that young woman on the roadside? How then do you feel betrayed when your husband or partner decides to show love to her even with conditions?Lets love ourselves first,before seeking for the love from an opposite sex.

Life is beautiful! i say this because I have seen true meanings of love.I have once seen the tears of a young boy. I have seen concealed pains shown.I cried too because I felt his pains, i cried because I felt my own pains too. In the end,i walked quietly home with the freest soul of all...I pray I die some day holding the loving hands of a loving being.

Very well said... Love is something I am yet to fully define. The real form of love is yet an illusion to many.

1 Like

Re: What Is LOVE? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 08, 2014
dre11:

actually i was reponding to ur title.........

But to be truthfull....
A lot of people have mis-understood the concept of lust, infactuation, likeness, wants to love......
So, thats the begining of the problem...

If people understands this terminologies and used ot rightly, the better

but, make we talk true....... if a guy does not speak the language of love to the ladies ear....... how will she accept himangry even if thats not what he feelsundecided

You tell the truth to someone you have good intentions with.I suggest we apply honesty in our relationships with the opposite sex when it comes to intimate relationships.Any man who lies to me about his feelings do not love me or appreciates me as human.If you live anyone,you must first be honest with the truth even if it hurts.
Re: What Is LOVE? by fuckshit: 9:14am On Jul 08, 2014
FÜCK love, it's FÜCKING lost it's value
Re: What Is LOVE? by vickertony(m): 9:20am On Jul 08, 2014
Love is Love.....grin
Re: What Is LOVE? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 08, 2014
Mynd44: Love is an excuse for men to get laid and for women to extort money undecided undecided cheesy wink cool cool cool cool

Lol.
Well,there are other aspects of 'love' that is really more important than the ' buy and sell' you just explained.I think we should mark that as a very needful thing to do.
Re: What Is LOVE? by mumumugu(m): 9:28am On Jul 08, 2014
Love doesnot exist
Re: What Is LOVE? by dre11(m): 9:31am On Jul 08, 2014
lynpetra:

You tell the truth to someone you have good intentions with.I suggest we apply honesty in our relationships with the opposite sex when it comes to intimate relationships.Any man who lies to me about his feelings do not love me or appreciates me as human.If you live anyone,you must first be honest with the truth even if it hurts.

honesty, truthfulness and openess is the main ingredent for a true relationship......
But, have u asked
do lots of people knows the reasons,purpose for going into a relationship
some just enter a relationship to feel among, its the fad of the day, i don't want to be left out, peer presure, phucking mate etc

until u define
why i need to be in a relationship,
and what am looking for in a relationship......
What purpose is this relationship set up for
Untill we start asking ourself these questions, i don't see any headway, because hearts will continue to be broken, destory, re-amend, re-adjusted and so on.

when this is clearly defined..... its easier to define all other parameters and boundaries

2 Likes

Re: What Is LOVE? by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 08, 2014
Source?? angry

1 Like

Re: What Is LOVE? by TRADELYN: 10:09am On Jul 08, 2014
It's doing good/kind things for someone else without thinking of any benefit/reward in return.

For example, As Research Experts, we can help Seun contribute to the success of Nairaland via our expertise if he so wishes without thinking of anything to receive as benefits/reward...just for its growth/development cheesy

# JeSuS is the PERFECT example of LoVe!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is LOVE? by zeb04(f): 10:18am On Jul 08, 2014
Love to many might be a sensation,a feeling that generates and degenerates.

I don't pretend to know what love is too many. But am convinced that love is not buterflies in the tummy.

When I go to an orphanage home,I don't feel butterflies. When I see someone crying on the road,I don't feel butterflies.

Love to me is the need to reach out and offer help to someone. Love is compasionate.love isn't forced....you just see something/someone and your heart goes out to them. You can't show love if you havnt experience love

1 Like

Re: What Is LOVE? by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 08, 2014
dre11:

honesty, truthfulness and openess is the main ingredent for a true relationship......
But, have u asked
do lots of people knows the reasons,purpose for going into a relationship
some just enter a relationship to feel among, its the fad of the day, i don't want to be left out, peer presure, phucking mate etc

until u define
why i need to be in a relationship,
and what am looking for in a relationship......
What purpose is this relationship set up for
Untill we start asking ourself these questions, i don't see any headway, because hearts will continue to be broken, destory, re-amend, re-adjusted and so on.

when this is clearly defined..... its easier to define all other parameters and boundaries

Re: What Is LOVE? by TyTymer(m): 10:28am On Jul 08, 2014
Lynpetra, you are emotional today. Hmmm. What happened?

2 Likes

Re: What Is LOVE? by farano(f): 10:41am On Jul 08, 2014
To men sex is love tongue No sex no love
Re: What Is LOVE? by nationwide24: 10:52am On Jul 08, 2014
Love is accepting another one wholly with all his/her weakness. This is practically very difficult.
Re: What Is LOVE? by Ab025(m): 10:58am On Jul 08, 2014
ladies mostly claim luv when all they really want is money to buy material things......

men mostly claim luv when all they really want is a punny to always spend time with....

who are we both really deceiving.....?
Re: What Is LOVE? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 08, 2014
Re: What Is LOVE? by Paulakosu(m): 11:06am On Jul 08, 2014
Re: What Is LOVE? by xp17(m): 11:08am On Jul 08, 2014
Song of Solomon 8:6-7 KJV

Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.

Song of Solomon 8:6-7 NIV

Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot sweep it away. If one were to give all the wealth of one’s house for love, it would be utterly scorned.

From the above definitions of love, the only true love can only be found in john 3:16.

2 Likes

Re: What Is LOVE? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 08, 2014

3 Likes

Re: What Is LOVE? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 08, 2014
@OP

You have spoken well smiley. The emphasis of Love which you have just empathetically narrated is the seizure of want and need. The demarcation of reality and obscurity.

Relatively, man is a social animal As a man thinketh, so is he, thus says the bible.

Mind you, Love is a verb smiley. An action word. If it were to be unleashed in the daily lives of people in our homes, society, relationships, social gatherings, work places, religious worship centers and so on, then our Value system has to fundamentally change. In the sense that we appreciate things for what they are and people for who they truly are.

The western world won't be where they are if not for the spirit of humanitarianism embedded in their psyche over centuries by their forefathers who laid down the foundation for their prosperous nations today. Many of our comrades die to go there as a result.

For in stance, On a birthday of a typical Nigerian and say a typical western girl wink.. A significant number of the former would expect a materialistic venture, while the latter a romantic one - talking from experience......

Offer the former a flower, she will ask if she be goat wey dey chop grass shocked. Give her chocolate, she go tell you say she no be small pikin angry... Buy her a Samsung Galaxy 5 - you will be the best guy in the world and you go shine Congo as you want tongue...

So, in essence, Love in our society as it is at this moment is a fleeting illusion. Unless you want Tough Love....... But all hope is not lost sha. in the process of time, God's time is the best to usher in Agape Love through his son Jesus Christ cool....

That's my 2cent cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Is LOVE? by cdamsel(f): 11:21am On Jul 08, 2014
Mynd44: Love is an excuse for men to get laid and for women to extort money undecided undecided cheesy wink cool cool cool cool
Mynd44! mynd44!! mynd44!!!
How many times I call u?
Re: What Is LOVE? by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 08, 2014
What's all this?.. Are you now a love expert lynpetra ? undecided
Re: What Is LOVE? by sparko1(m): 11:47am On Jul 08, 2014
well in other words, love does not exist! we human do everything we do because of gain, even when a politician give money to orphans they do that to gain popularity and so do we all. Only God can truely love.
Re: What Is LOVE? by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 08, 2014
lynpetra: I have come to realize that a lot of Nigerians do not understand that word 'Love'.The word has been so overused,now it has lost not only it's taste,but also its true value.In my university days,i watch as youths misuse that powerful word.I watched as they love and after few weeks,you begin to ask questions like,"what happened to the last?"We fall in love,make empty promises and then it's all gone...like it never happened!If there is one thing we need to understand about love,it's clearly the fact that ' love is pain'' too.Love do not only bring joy,it also bring pains.A cry of a woman in labour brings so much pains,as she struggle in tears,screaming and cursing,pushing out that which she has nursed with love and joyful expectation for months is love.In our relationships,we must learn to be truly honest with our feelings.Until we learn to love the bad and weakness in others,we cannot achieve the true meaning of the greatest commandment if all.
Nigerians!When will you give way to love.When will you go out of your way to show love to that orphan in rags,the hawkers shouting in your streets,the AIDS victims lying and waiting for the appointed time,that haggard looking woman roasting corn behind your multi-million dollars twin duplexes,that weary young man trekking the high ways looking lost,worn out and hopeless.You see,it takes ONLY a loving heart to see the pains in others.Have you ever taken time to look around your environment and see the sufferings in our societies.Have you ever had the experience of watching a beaten man die?will your loving face be the last he sees,as you clutch on a lifeless hand of a hopeless man?if I was going to spend so much on some irrelevant drinks in an expensive club and still watch a young man running after my luxurious car all in a bid to sell his peanuts,i should be ashamed.What stops you from taking numbers,calling and helping afterwards.'Love is pain".The pain of looking you on bended knees,tears flowing ,but a once weary soul healing!such is the greatest of all.Such are remembered forever in the sands of time.Lets make death easy by making love triumph.Lets open up our hearts and cry with the bereaved. Let's take our birthdays to the homes of the unloved.Lets unite with those who we are at loggerheads with.Lets have good intentions all the time with people we do not know. Let's save our children and the girl- child.Lets be our brothers keeper.Lets take our food to the hungry in our streets!
Our conscience should we rule with love.Wives,take a good look at him while he sleeps,does he deserves it?Believe me when I say it's the same thing to murder him while he sleeps.Husbands,watch her closely as she tends to your kids,and take that promise.Believe me when I say it's the same as you murder her while she is fully awake.Its a needless effort to ignore a loving heart.
To our women, when was the last time you gave a lift to that young woman on the roadside? How then do you feel betrayed when your husband or partner decides to show love to her even with conditions?Lets love ourselves first,before seeking for the love from an opposite sex.Life is beautiful!i say this because I have seen true meanings of love.I have once seen the tears of a young boy.I have seen concealed pains shown.I cried too because I felt his pains,i cried because I felt my own pains too.In the end,i walked quietly home with the freest soul of all...I pray I die some day holding the loving hands of a loving being.

aunty, i know say na phone you dey use, but please do away with your 1 paragraph, mixed up varying ideas, epistle... It eases the eyes biko.

You are right... They don't, many of them! I can't imagine that ex once asking me if I still love her. Ewooo... I nearly die for laugh that day. Someone who didn't recognise it is now search for it. What a life.!
Re: What Is LOVE? by dre11(m): 12:03pm On Jul 08, 2014
farano: To men sex is love tongue No sex no love

who has being feeding u with all these thought
Re: What Is LOVE? by farano(f): 12:15pm On Jul 08, 2014
dre11:

who has being feeding u with all these thought
Nobody. from observation

(1) (2) (Reply)

Smoking in front of your girlfriend in public...How cool is it? / Why Do Most Ladies Prefer Dating Men Without Mum / Ways For A Woman To Orgasm During Intercourse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.