Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. (29307 Views)

Police Arraign 2 For Stealing $14 Million From Church / How Fake Pastors Swindle Teenagers At Kubwa / Photo: Beware!!! Scammers Using APC To Swindle Unsuspecting Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by sparkleboy(m): 5:58pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yahoo boys...... When will. they stop destroying our name Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by cooljude(m): 6:06pm On Jul 09, 2014
Most Nigerians going to Malaysia are mostly scammers, even the one returning from there have no positive thing doing in that Country. Atleast the Nigeria consulate was smart enough to avoid questions. Please, what do people enjoy from insulting other tribe. I have always defended Nigeria anytime Yahoo issue is reported in western media. We are not the major scam country but some Nigerians only depend on this as their main source of income. It pains me most when i see a pure yahoo guy getting married, not because i am jealous but i try to picture the future and wonder what would this person give to his children, the nation at large, knowing fully well that his lifestyle can't support that Family. I think that it would be catastrophic for the federal government to stop it. You all know why, it brings in cash into the economy, takes alot of jobless youth out of local crimes like armrobbery, to an extent it reduces the pressure on government to come up with a better alternative. On the other side, it erodes our morals. I was sitting with a guy of 30 and he was praising a boy of 14 because the boy was able to buy his xmas cloths and also for his siblings, he also bought home theatre for the family. He said when he was at that age he would not have been able to think that was possible. I am totally against Yahoo scam, but if there is no viable alternative, this practice would continue.

3 Likes

Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by daryoor(m): 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2014
when killed our reputation and identity in europe, now we doing the same in asia. shame on me any you.

the problem is due to the lack of legitimate opportunities, there are millions of intellectual bright young unemployed graduates in naija, all of them with hunger and passion to make it, these demography are potential yahoo/419. most guys are just indifferent about yahoo a little motivation wil get them deeply involved

na to dey marry oyinbo mama 70 deg rain now sef
Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by Deepfreezer(m): 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2014
Nonsense. False alarm!!! Not only 11million dollars. The women were defrauded of billions of dollars. Even if they guys carry juju. American women don wise up Tey tey.

1 Like

Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by Deepfreezer(m): 6:24pm On Jul 09, 2014
mgbeketoto: I beta hold on to my NIGGA BLOKOS O!
I never knew they were in such high demand. cheesy
So WHITE women are paying millions for illiterate, NIGERIAN blokoses in MALAYSIA kwa nu? shocked

Wonders!
im disappointed dis is coming from you Ma"am most of these guys are graduates in different disciplines.
Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by bootstrap(m): 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2014
Abel202:

[b]My dear, the point am trying to make is that whether the Nigerians in Malaysia are realy the culprits or not, until there is a valid investigation that proves such, then all this write up is mere speculation. Until they are able to prove that these crimes are being committed by mostly Nigerians, then these are mere speculations.
Granted that Nigerians are very smart and are now sophisticated enough to do what they are doing in Malaysia without being caught. I dont want to go into the morality or otherwise of their actions as everyone knows that crime and fraud is bad; But I maintain that Unless and Untill it is proven beyond every reasonable doubt that any crime is being committed by a Nigerian, no one has the right whatsoever to conjour up a sensationalised write up against my people and you expect me to clap for the person. Hell No!!!
If these westerners are as intelligent and as sophisticated as they have always claimed to be since time immemorial, then how come they claim that the Nigerians always end up outsmarting them and they keep crying blue murder without being able to prove beyond every reasonable doubt that it is the Nigerians that are doing all these?[/b]

Generally I really dnt care about what pple say about me, believing that when the fruits manifest, it shall be open for all to see. Truely the statistics might not be exactly on point, but trust me when I say thing, nigerians in malaysia are bearing fruits... bad fruits and its evident for all to see. Agree with the article or not.

On a different note, ur grand "nigerians are smart" gesture reminds me of that kid in primary school that always cheats in exams but is never caught hence always passes well, yet he cannot string a complete sentence together. 20yrs down the line, u run into him in obalende and those same strings for the sentences are still missing.

What am I saying, we keep messing malaysia up until they are fed up and chase every nigerian there away. (Ps: they already chasing some and killing others) and not forgeting that malaysia is already almost a developed nation. Finally we will come back to our rotten country.

1 Like

Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by jayyem(m): 6:30pm On Jul 09, 2014
It is a pity that we refused to learn in this country, we should all unify against any act that brings dishonour to this country as long as we still co-exist, because when you go out there, you will not be recognised by your tribe...and imagine you are going for a legitimate business overseas, and you are being subjected to extra search or even being asked to back to your country just because of the suspicion of your nationality...wake up my people!

1 Like

Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by Herrmes: 6:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
And you guys call it unfair treatment when Foreigners are racists? I know it has nothing to do with this topic but why would you stoop so low? If I were the president of Malaysia any Black scammer I get hold of, will be burnt alive in the city square, as simple as that, you don't do these kind of things to people, I'm having a hard time here because of stuffs like this but anyway I'm determined, This is really shameful, If we had quality representatives abroad/Inland Africa would never have been painted the way it is now, and take a look at this tribalism is this kind of thread? I tire, I swear, if Malaysia take a step against it, it's to Nigeria's detriment not the Igbos not the yorubas not the hausas, I'm just venting my anger I know none of this is going anywhere, I'm not the first person to talk and wouldn't be the last, Peace and love, Proudly Nigerian
Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by Atigba: 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
Abel202: [b]My people,
Its like ethnicity has so blinded many of you that you even fail to comprehend what is written here.
The whole article is based on assumption and insinuations that it is the Nigerian students based in Malaysia that are scamming the love-hungry western women, but does their facts prove them right?
1. The western women said (& believed) they were dating "American men".
2. The said women hadly ever met the "American men".
3. Even the woman that visited Malaysia was further scammed by a "White Lady" porporting to be the lawyer of the "American man".
4. The US officials said the Malaysians lacked the capability to track and prove that these acts were actualy being perpetrated by Nigerian students. Although at diffeerent points they have raided and arrested a few Nigerian students for one reason or the other.

QUESTION IS:
How did the Writer of the article became THE ONE THAT SEES AND KNOWS ALL THINGS, to determine and accertain without any equivocation that the said crime was being committed by Nigerians.
Since the victims never said their predators were Nigerians, and the Malaysian authorities never affirmed categorically that the perpetrators were Nigerians either. Even the US affirmed that the Malaysian authorities lacked the capacity to actualy investigate and prosecute the criminals; SO HOW DID THE WRITER OF THIS ARTICLE CAME ABOUT THE FACT THAT THE SCAMMERS ARE ALL OR MOSTLY NIGERIANS?
HOW? Oh I forgot, America knows all things, abi?

Useless write up being digested by unquestioning people.

Truth is that We Nigerians are the smartest people on earth and I have no freaking apologies for that.
Some Nigerian haters can go ahead to paint us as black as they like, it will not stop us from being the great people we are. It will not stop their women from loving us. It will not stop intelligent people all over the globe from doing business with us.
Whether you love us or hate us, I dont give a damn. Continue to malign us at your own peril. Anuofias!!![/b]
We have to start telling ourself the truth..I don't see anything speculative about this article what the writer states there is absolutely right Nigerians are criminals,scammers,fraudulent infact 90 percent of cybal crime in the world today are commited by nigerian..I know so many in my environment living in malasia small boys has properties in lagos and abuja .presently some are even runinng back to nigeria because of malasia present immigration hash policy.

1 Like

Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by kayultimate(m): 7:01pm On Jul 09, 2014
This one na 3rd world war o
Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2014
khaynoni:

o ti tanna woro oo.. We're complaining of racism by whites but you're not in any way different from them. I see no reason why tribalism should be brought into this discussion. Be it igbos, yorubas or hausas, the accusers didn't specify, rather they collectively called us Nigerians. Looking forward to the day we will regard ourselves as Nigerians and not as yorubas, igbos or hausas. If they decide to ban Nigerians from entering into their country, they won't because you're from a particular ethnic group of the country spare you, so a solution is what we need so as to protect our integrity and not this thrash you posted.

Before quoting me, have it in mind that I'm from the same region of the country as you.
That day will never come!
Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by omoadeleye(m): 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2014
NO WIRE NO LIGHT
Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2014
Romance scam is the most commonly used format.
Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by KelvinGraphics(m): 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2014
Vivalavida99:

Thanks for the compliment and yes, I got the message.
Hey, i have been looking 4 U around NL.
Wia have U been dear??
Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by Unemadu: 7:41pm On Jul 09, 2014
we should stop encoraging this type of crime regardless of tribe. i noticed that the crime is rampant with igbo and yoruba therefore more with Christians. Why do we celebrate this kind of crime?
Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by cheguevera: 7:42pm On Jul 09, 2014
MEN HAVE TO PAY BILLS ABEG....

2 Likes

Re: Malaysia Based Nigerians Swindle More Than $11 Million From American Women. by KelvinGraphics(m): 7:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
I can smell so many scammers and haters on this threadgringrin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla Stolen In Awka, Anambra (Photo) / Abusive Dad Flees As His Daughter Stands Up To Him / Dead Baby With Injuries Dumped Behind The Toilet In A Nigerian School (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.